17-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Scottish starlet Scott Arfield in undergoing a medical with Huddersfield

Sauce ??

Last Minute
17-05-2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6159625,00.html

Toaods
17-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Whilst going down to a southern club, taking a look around and sitting a medical doesn't necessarily mean he will sign for them..... what happened to the 'Barr and Arfield will be certs to move to join up with their old gaffer, as it was such a good team spirit at Falkirk.' train of thought.

:devil:

Andy74
17-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Arfield would have been a nice to have but with Wotherspoon, Zemmama and Miller in his type of area we have more pressing needs!

Would have taken him though, no doubt.

Cameron1875
17-05-2010, 04:13 PM
:faf:Huddersfield. Deary me some ambition he has.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Arfield would have been a nice to have but with Wotherspoon, Zemmama and Miller in his type of area we have more pressing needs!

Would have taken him though, no doubt.

If we had £400k just now to lash out on one player, I would be dissapointed if we spent it on a midfielder.

DH1875
17-05-2010, 04:38 PM
If we had £400k just now to lash out on one player, I would be dissapointed if we spent it on a midfielder.

Well said that man. Defence, defence, defence thats where we should be looking to strengthen.

Oranje39
17-05-2010, 04:56 PM

I don't think he would be the only player to want to move down south instead of staying in the SPL.

Also I reckon Huddersfield will be good move for him, good team with a good stadium and are on the up.

Cameron1875
17-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't think he would be the only player to want to move down south instead of staying in the SPL.

Also I reckon Huddersfield will be good move for him, good team with a good stadium and are on the up.

They may be on the way up but i dont really think league 1 is a step up from the SPL (or first division in falkirks case:wink:). Even the championship with charlie adam who was a rangers reserve being the star of the division tells me the leagues are a little overrated imo.

DarlingtonHibee
17-05-2010, 05:07 PM

He will be getting at least 3 or 4 times the wages that Hibs could offer...

matty_f
17-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Whilst going down to a southern club, taking a look around and sitting a medical doesn't necessarily mean he will sign for them..... what happened to the 'Barr and Arfield will be certs to move to join up with their old gaffer, as it was such a good team spirit at Falkirk.' train of thought.

:devil:

Good question! Maybe Stokes, McBride or Cregg could provide the answer...:rolleyes:

BullbreedHFC
17-05-2010, 05:33 PM

didn't know they were paying wages of 30 or 40k a week ...... :wink:

IWasThere2016
17-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Good question! Maybe Stokes, McBride or Cregg could provide the answer...:rolleyes:

Of course, it might have depended on what options they had :cool2: Not many IMHO :wink:

That said, none would have had the offer Arfield's just got :agree:

sahib
17-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Scottish starlet Scott Arfield in undergoing a medical with Huddersfield

His parents should have called him Arthur. Arf Arfield what a great name.

essexhibee
17-05-2010, 06:21 PM
hmm huddersfield. Classy. They never fill there rugby league ground.

SloopJB
17-05-2010, 07:15 PM
It was said in the media last year that signing Arfield then would be a steal as he was a very sellable asset with suitors monitoring his progress from afar.

I take it he is going on a bosman now?

JimBHibees
17-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Huddersfield is a decent move. Lee Clark looks like a decent young manager who has his team playing some really good football and personally think they could probably beat Hibs pretty convincingly. If they get into the Championship this will be a good move for Arfield, no doubt getting a decent increase in wages. Very good player IMO who will only get better when in a better team.

Toaods
17-05-2010, 08:44 PM

good point! Maybe Sunderland will take exception to you linking one of their players to Falkirk though...:rolleyes:

:wink:

matty_f
17-05-2010, 08:53 PM
good point! Maybe Sunderland will take exception to you linking one of their players to Falkirk though...:rolleyes:

:wink:

Sunderland don't own any of those players. :wink:

Toaods
17-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Sunderland don't own any of those players. :wink:

but they did when he was deciding what to do an they negociated a deal.

You're hearing what 'm saying...:cool2:

matty_f
17-05-2010, 10:36 PM
but they did when he was deciding what to do an they negociated a deal.

You're hearing what 'm saying...:cool2:

Aye, but it's rubbish! :greengrin

dhmf
17-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Hibs would offer 2-3k a week and i would be very suprised if Huddersfield could offer up to ten

Pete
17-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Huddersfield is a decent move. Lee Clark looks like a decent young manager who has his team playing some really good football and personally think they could probably beat Hibs pretty convincingly. If they get into the Championship this will be a good move for Arfield, no doubt getting a decent increase in wages. Very good player IMO who will only get better when in a better team.

I don't know about beating Hibs but it's wrong to turn your nose up at Huddersfield.

They were top of the Championship only a few years ago and messed things up by selling their top striker...then they seemed to drop like a stone.

They're potentially a club that can be challenging to get into the premiership...no mugs with a decent fan base.

HuddsHibs
18-05-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm not really that clued up on how much Huddersfield can afford to pay but I'll ask my mates. But...great stadium, good training facilities, excellent young manager, owner with dough, nice atmosphere around club - whole town right behind them, manchester and leeds 30mins away - they've got a lot going for them. And if they get into the championship, even more (but I think theyre struggling after drawing home leg).

IWasThere2016
18-05-2010, 07:34 AM
I'm not really that clued up on how much Huddersfield can afford to pay but I'll ask my mates. But...great stadium, good training facilities, excellent young manager, owner with dough, nice atmosphere around club - whole town right behind them, manchester and leeds 30mins away - they've got a lot going for them. And if they get into the championship, even more (but I think theyre struggling after drawing home leg).

I hope they win tonight :agree:

weonlywon6-2
18-05-2010, 07:52 AM

this is a concern considering we have just qualified for europe and could play the likes of liverpool,juventus,napoli :cool2:

Hainan Hibs
18-05-2010, 08:28 AM
this is a concern considering we have just qualified for europe and could play the likes of liverpool,juventus,napoli :cool2:

Nah it's just the attitude to football on here. Anything Scottish = Put it down and say it's ****. Anything English = Get the knobs out for a group wanking session

weonlywon6-2
18-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Nah it's just the attitude to football on here. Anything Scottish = Put it down and say it's ****. Anything English = Get the knobs out for a group wanking session

well thats putting it bluntly !!:faf::faf:

khib70
18-05-2010, 08:34 AM
:top marks Well said that man:thumbsup:

Dr Jimmy
18-05-2010, 08:40 AM
total quality post. got funny looks on the train when I LOL'd cheers for brightening up a dull journey!

JimBHibees
18-05-2010, 10:11 AM

Convincingly is probably stretching it but it would be a very tough game for Hibs IMO. Of course Yogi will make us stronger throughout the summer.

Toaods
18-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Anything English = Get the knobs out for a group wanking session

Convincingly is probably stretching it but it would be a very tough game for Hibs IMO

:hmmm:

JimBHibees
18-05-2010, 11:18 AM
:hmmm:

Been browsing the Sky 900 channels have we? :greengrin

HuddsHibs
18-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I hope they win tonight :agree:

Certainly hope so too.

Word around here is that a few years ago they were paying Andy Booth £10k/wk and that got them into £13m debt, so the wage structure is unlikely to outstrip Hibs these days by much, if at all. Chairman has said that it will be reassessed if they get into the Championship.

HH81
18-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Certainly hope so too.

Word around here is that a few years ago they were paying Andy Booth £10k/wk and that got them into £13m debt, so the wage structure is unlikely to outstrip Hibs these days by much, if at all. Chairman has said that it will be reassessed if they get into the Championship.

To be fair Booth was there best player for years :greengrin

My mate has gone down to Millwall tonight - what a nutter, infact he has already set off. I reckon they might sneak it on pens.

hibsbollah
18-05-2010, 12:27 PM

i wouldnt. we're crying out for some more quality in midfield:confused:

BSEJVT
18-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Whilst Arfield is a more than decent footballer IMO, he is not what we need at this time.

If we hadnt got Miller, or Wotherspoon breaking through, I could have been convinced.

But adding Arfield to a midfield already short (ha ha) on battling or physical attributes wouldnt do at all.

I would bet good money that Wotherspoon's achievements will eclipse Arfield's over the next 10 years

HibeeDaz6270
18-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Whilst Arfield is a more than decent footballer IMO, he is not what we need at this time.

If we hadnt got Miller, or Wotherspoon breaking through, I could have been convinced.

But adding Arfield to a midfield already short (ha ha) on battling or physical attributes wouldnt do at all.

I would bet good money that Wotherspoon's achievements will eclipse Arfield's over the next 10 years
£400k quoted i think would be a very good investment. He is a good player with alot of potential. I wouldnt say he is top priority however for £400k it would be very good business. 1 good season for us and he would be a £2million+ player wanted by Premiership clubs, could be a good move for both club and player.

IWasThere2016
18-05-2010, 08:27 PM
2 doon - and oot!

Broken Gnome
18-05-2010, 08:37 PM
If he's watching this then he shouldn't go, because the ball wouldn't have touched the deck within 20 yards of him. Play off semi final might not be the best place to judge them, but christ they've been bad. Long ball crap.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-05-2010, 08:48 PM
I wonder if his talks will hit a snag after that display. Is there any doubt that the game down there is based on money over quality?

Broken Gnome
18-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Oh, and their centre forward has even less grasp of the offside rule than Colin Nish. That said, best player on the pitch was playing Conference for Stevenage last year. Doesn't matter where they come from....

IWasThere2016
18-05-2010, 09:48 PM
If he's watching this then he shouldn't go, because the ball wouldn't have touched the deck within 20 yards of him. Play off semi final might not be the best place to judge them, but christ they've been bad. Long ball crap.

Yup - not what I expected. Punt n run guff tbh :agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-05-2010, 09:55 PM

I disagree. That was awful.

Bayern Bru
18-05-2010, 10:59 PM
I have it on good authority that the move has all but been finalised. I expect it'll hit the sports headlines soon enough.

HuddsHibs
19-05-2010, 08:23 AM

:agree: I've not seen them this year until last night and that was total mince. People say it wasn't a typical performance but I don't know for myself.

And the general quality of the game was also terrible.

Franck is God
19-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I would hope for Arfield's sake that he was hanging on to after the play offs to decide whether to go or not.

Lee Clark is an ambitious young manager that reminds me a lot of Mowbray in his first season with us. At times Huddersfield play lovely football, have a good plan A but no plan B, score lots of goals but concede almost as many.

I think if Arfield goes there he could find himself with a new manager by Christmas, not that I think Clark will be sacked but I could see him being high on Championship Chairmen's list should they decide that their own manager isn't doing a good enough job. Promotion probably would have guaranteed that he hung around for at least another season.

JimBHibees
20-05-2010, 10:15 AM

Yep you may be right, didnt see the Millwall game however saw a couple of games earlier in the season on the box and they looked an excellent passing team with loads of goals in them. Probably gone back since then.