PDA

View Full Version : ***Board Software Update***

DaveF
17-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Coming Soon...............forum upgrade

As I type this, several members of the admin team are grafting away in the basement area of hibs.net working on the latest site upgrade. Emerging only sporadically to wipe themselves down with an oily rag and declare that, yes, they can indeed defy the laws of physics, their task is now nearing completion.

We have been running the current version of VBulletin software for several years now, so an upgrade to include the latest gizmos and slickest presentation is overdue. Site security is always uppermost in our mind so the upgrade will ensure that we can all continue to browse hibs.net safely and confidently. Hopefully, when you see it, most of you will agree that the new look is a big improvement on what we currently have. We do appreciate however that changes are not all going to be universally popular, so when we do go live with the new look, we will be more than open to any feedback and suggestions.

The new software is a wee bit in advance of some of our add-on features, so there will be minor niggles that we'll just have to live with for a short time.

For instance; the arcade will be available, but until a software upgrade is made available, recording scores will not be possible. VBulletin have so far omitted the 'Go' navigation feature, so those of you who use that on a regular basis may find you have to click a few more times than usual to get around the site. Hopefully that is something that the software developers will take on board.

Some of you may have noticed that the Front Page has been missing from the site for the past month or so. We will be re-launching it when the new software goes live. It’s an area we would like to see thrive and used more, so if anyone feels you have something worthy of more than a post, why not get it published on there! (Migrating the existing articles over to the new format is going to take us a bit of time though.)

We are aiming to do this early on Wednesday morning - We'll let you know if that date moves for whatever reason.

GGTTH

Antifa Hibs
17-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Sounds good. But can we keep the current colour scheme after it is complete..?

The bounce upgraded their vBulletin and the current forum skin they are using is a bit 'busy', lots going on....

Jay
17-05-2010, 09:22 AM
the arcade will be available, but until a software upgrade is made available, recording scores will not be possible

What?? Get they oily rags out of there and get this thing stopped

NOW!!!!!!!!

:greengrin

Big Frank
17-05-2010, 09:24 AM

The bounce upgraded their vBulletin and the current forum skin they are using is a bit 'busy', lots going on....

:agree:
Its a bit gash imo

erin-go-bragh87
17-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Will the update still work with my vBuletin app on my iPhone?

DaveF
17-05-2010, 09:49 AM

Colour wise - It'll still be green and white :greengrin

It's a little different, but (I think) looks a lot crisper and is more pleasing on the eye.

Though I realise not everyone will agree!

Cocaine&Caviar
17-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Any chance of a basic webpage template that is easier to read by mobile devices? Or an iPhone app at that...

jonty
17-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Any chance of a basic webpage template that is easier to read by mobile devices? Or an iPhone app at that...
The current site is available on tapatalk.
I know its not free but the people I know who do use it speak highly of it :dunno:

Jack
17-05-2010, 10:50 AM
I use Opera Mini (http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/) for mobile viewing its the bees knees as far as I'm concerned.

Wembley67
17-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't like it.

Just thought I'd get in there first :greengrin

Hibs Class
17-05-2010, 11:40 AM
the arcade will be available, but until a software upgrade is made available, recording scores will not be possible

What?? Get they oily rags out of there and get this thing stopped

NOW!!!!!!!!

:greengrin

:agree: what she said

bighairyfaeleith
17-05-2010, 11:58 AM
The current site is available on tapatalk.
I know its not free but the people I know who do use it speak highly of it :dunno:

Just realised it works on android, it looks pretty good and costs about a pound :thumbsup:

Mikey
17-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Unfortunately things like the arcade scoring are out of our hands. We have however put several months into this and we'll launch with it as close to the finished article as possible.

Everyone who's seen it so far has said they like it. I'm sure you'll all be used to it in no time :wink:

DaveF
17-05-2010, 04:15 PM
*bump*

Jamie
17-05-2010, 05:22 PM
The arcade has a fix guys :thumbsup:

jonty
17-05-2010, 06:19 PM
The arcade has a fix guys :thumbsup:
depends what else you have running with it :wink:

Keith_M
17-05-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't like it.

Just thought I'd get in there first :greengrin

Sack the Board!!!!!!

:grr:

Jamie
17-05-2010, 06:26 PM
depends what else you have running with it :wink:

This is very true J, good luck with upgrade guys :thumbsup:

jonty
17-05-2010, 06:30 PM
This is very true J, good luck with upgrade guys :thumbsup:
Cheers J :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
17-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Will the new Admins be any better?

I trust we're getting improved admins! :greengrin

jonty
17-05-2010, 08:39 PM

only if the exclusives get better :cool2:

nonshinyfinish
17-05-2010, 08:51 PM
:hilarious

jabis
17-05-2010, 10:06 PM
As long as we don't do a Neolithic conversion like JKB :agree:

Mikey
18-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Bump!

Remember folks, we'll be offline for a short time on Wednesday morning.

bighairyfaeleith
18-05-2010, 11:55 AM

Aye, I'm sure I heard the current lot are a right bunch of pricks!!:greengrin

Woody1985
18-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Will it be possible to customise the background colours to all white?

There is a reason for this!

Mikey
18-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Will it be possible to customise the background colours to all white?

There is a reason for this!

Work?

degenerated
18-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Aye, I'm sure I heard the current lot are a right bunch of pricks!!:greengrin

except me, i'm just a right ****** :greengrin

Mikey
18-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Tick Tock :wink:

Mikey
19-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Last bump!