PDA

View Full Version : Defence or midfield

Monts
17-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Which do you think is the priority for strengthening during the close season?

Auckland Hibs
17-05-2010, 07:56 AM

Defence is the priority IMO, we need two or three decent defenders at least, particularly if The Sol Man leaves (Quality please Mr Tash). I'd like to see Hogg move on for a fresh start (for both sides) and then allowing IM to move into midfield (his pace is shocking for a LB IMO).

If we can hold onto Deeks, Stokes, Miller and Zoumer then I can't see Yogi buying anyone to replace Benji up front (although if Nish moves on then I can see him going for K. Kyle).

Roll on the new season! :agree:

Big90inOz
17-05-2010, 08:00 AM

Both equally need strengthened :agree:

Desperate for some height and pace in both departments.

Andy74
17-05-2010, 08:04 AM

The whole team needs strengthening. Let's not get too excited if signings don't happen in some logical order in terms of greatest need.

SalfordHibs
17-05-2010, 08:07 AM
You can forget Kevin Kyle not on our radar, i am hearing Daryl Duffy, Bruno Aguir, Paul Hartley, Michael Hart and the lad Keogh, so far :thumbsup:

Franck is God
17-05-2010, 08:07 AM
The midfield is the most important area to strengthen.

Our defence at times has looked weak and easy to over run because they have been left far too exposed by the midfield. For all that i love that we are dangerous going forward because we line up in such an attacking way we also need those players to do an affective defensive job too.

It's not just to do with tracking back its about actually stopping the opposition full backs and midfielders making an impact on the game.

J-C
17-05-2010, 08:38 AM

Erm both.

Wilson
17-05-2010, 08:56 AM
The whole team needs strengthening. Let's not get too excited if signings don't happen in some logical order in terms of greatest need.

Agree with this. Our first team needs improving and we lack any sort of strength in depth. Quality signings required full stop.

Hainan Hibs
17-05-2010, 08:58 AM
You can forget Kevin Kyle not on our radar, i am hearing Daryl Duffy, Bruno Aguir, Paul Hartley, Michael Hart and the lad Keogh, so far :thumbsup:

He's becoming the new Rocastle, who was apparently signing every transfer window for a few years:greengrin

PeterboroHibee
17-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Both need a lot of work, but would rather see the defence getting sorted first, we just concede far too many silly goals.

The midfield, while not ideal, has something to work on, we do have some really good players.

J-C
17-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Both need a lot of work, but would rather see the defence getting sorted first, we just concede far too many silly goals.

The midfield, while not ideal, has something to work on, we do have some really good players.

In the first half of the season they wern't though, Bamba was outstanding, Murray was solid, Hanlon had come onto a game and the keepers were not making stupid mistakes game after game.

Replace Bamba(probably away), get in a right back and stop the goalkeeping errors.

frazeHFC
17-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Definately both, however, if we were to keep Bamba which is unlikely, i would have to say the midfield, because we never win midfield battles, we never have midfielders back defending quick enough so we put pressure on our defense, and we do not ever see our midfielders busting a gut to get into the box.....so i'd say the midfield is priority :agree:

PeterboroHibee
17-05-2010, 09:24 AM
In the first half of the season they wern't though, Bamba was outstanding, Murray was solid, Hanlon had come onto a game and the keepers were not making stupid mistakes game after game.

Replace Bamba(probably away), get in a right back and stop the goalkeeping errors.

So whats gone wrong?

We just cant seem to defend as a unit. Youre talking about 3 out of the back 5 line being sorted out. Id agree with playing Hanlon, as long as there is a solid, experienced CB alongside him, but Id bring in a proper LB as well, either as back up or to play there.

Aldo
17-05-2010, 09:24 AM

Would be happy with those signings. :agree:

seanraff07
17-05-2010, 10:21 AM

Just noticed he's only played 16 times since joining Omonia Nicosia in July 2009.:faf:

SalfordHibs
17-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Just noticed he's only played 16 times since joining Omonia Nicosia in July 2009.:faf:

He is better than McBride or Rankin mate :agree:

seanraff07
17-05-2010, 11:03 AM
He is better than McBride or Rankin mate :agree:

Suppose mate, but too injury-prone for my liking, although you could say McBride suffers the same problem.

CorrieHibs
17-05-2010, 11:42 AM

Where did you the hartley rumour? as i have heard this also.

seanraff07
17-05-2010, 11:45 AM

Think someone on here found it on a Bristol City forum.

M11BMO
17-05-2010, 11:46 AM

It was on a Bristol City forum a couple weeks back...

SalfordHibs
17-05-2010, 12:11 PM

PM mate.

:thumbsup: