PDA

View Full Version : NHC Congratulations to the Loons

ArabHibee
16-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Just wanted to congratulate Forfar Athletic for gaining promotion into the 2nd division after beating Arbroath 2-0 at Station Park this afternoon.

Cracking game. One of the highlights for me was the lady who walked past me on the terracing with her poodle!

Lowlight was the referee - Ian Brines. Cannae ref SPL and cannae ref lower division play-off games either. So inconsistent it was unbelievable.

millarco
16-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Just wanted to congratulate Forfar Athletic for gaining promotion into the 2nd division after beating Arbroath 2-0 at Station Park this afternoon.

Cracking game. One of the highlights for me was the lady who walked past me on the terracing with her poodle!

Lowlight was the referee - Ian Brines. Cannae ref SPL and cannae ref lower division play-off games either. So inconsistent it was unbelievable.

How did Callum Booth play?

HibbyAndy
16-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Fek them.

Mon Cowdenbeath :agree:

ArabHibee
16-05-2010, 08:15 PM

Didn't realise he was playing for Arbroath tbh. Arbroath were pretty poor and didn't have many shots on goal, even after Forfar went down to 10 men early on in the 2nd half.

I was enjoying the fact of standing on the terracing again. Brought back memories of the 80's!

bob12345
16-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Great win for the Loons! What a way to do it, relegating biggest rivals. There should definitely be a play-off for the SPL.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-05-2010, 10:19 PM

Actually, he did not have a very good game to be honest. Always wanted to push on, but at times he was twenty yards at least in front of his centre halves which mean that when Forfar's attacks came to nothing, their CH's had the only option of humping the ball up the pitch. Also, as the old guy next to me put it.... their number 3 is affa easy pushed aff the ba'.

Hope that any Hibs rep that was in attendance looking at Booth, reports back on the performance by Andy Todd at the heart of the Forfar back four. Not as a possible signing, but as a flawless performance of a CH who has a remit of clear your lines and put the ball back to where it f*****g came from. We need that big style.

Final point on Ian Brines. He only had two decisions to make in the game over 90 minutes. Both involving Stephen Tulloch and the got both of them wrong.