PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Garry O

hibee92
16-05-2010, 04:58 PM
bad news on this front folks, just heard that garry o's wanting money far beyond hibs' range and birmingham have now offered him a new deal, ah well can always hope for a loan deal :agree: apologies if this has been posted.

edit - just noticed it on the other thread, apologies!

Hibercelona
16-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I Heard from my mate who has a brother who has a pal who has a granny who knows a guy who knows another guy who has a sister who has a boyfriend who's dad heard from GOC that he's signing a loan deal.

You heard it here first folks. :agree:

Wilson
16-05-2010, 05:11 PM
bad news on this front folks, just heard that garry o's wanting money far beyond hibs' range and birmingham have now offered him a new deal, ah well can always hope for a loan deal :agree: apologies if this has been posted.

edit - just noticed it on the other thread, apologies!

I am completely shocked by this bombshell. Who would ever have thought that wages would be an issue :grr::rolleyes:

pentlando
16-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I Heard from my mate who has a brother who has a pal who has a granny who knows a guy who knows another guy who has a sister who has a boyfriend who's dad heard from GOC that he's signing a loan deal.

You heard it here first folks. :agree:

I would very much doubt any team would offer a player in their late 20's a new contract to then send him out on loan? McLeish obviously has him in his plans for next season. Plus even if he did come on load i'd imagine hibs would have to pay a large portion of his wages and thus back to the original problem

Hibercelona
16-05-2010, 05:19 PM
I would very much doubt any team would offer a player in their late 20's a new contract to then send him out on loan? McLeish obviously has him in his plans for next season. Plus even if he did come on load i'd imagine hibs would have to pay a large portion of his wages and thus back to the original problem

:faf:

bingo70
16-05-2010, 05:22 PM

Had a wee look at the birmingham message board and someone there was saying the deal from them has lots of clauses due to the amount of injuries he's had with them so although he has an offer i don't think it's a certainty he'll sign it.

Still don't think he'll be signing for us though, can see him going to the huns.

hibee92
16-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Had a wee look at the birmingham message board and someone there was saying the deal from them has lots of clauses due to the amount of injuries he's had with them so although he has an offer i don't think it's a certainty he'll sign it.

Still don't think he'll be signing for us though, can see him going to the huns.

i ****ing hope not :grr:

HibbyKeith
16-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Garry has previously said "he would come back for the same money as deek."

He's been to more than a few games at easter road recently, and according to some on .net he's been seen at the training centre.

yogi's recent interview says he had players at east mains showing them around with a view to getting them to sign :hmmm:

pipe dream i know, but you never can tell until they have actually signed for one team or another.

Hame ye come lad, you know u want to play Europa League football with the cabbage! :flag:

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Garry has previously said "he would come back for the same money as deek."

He's been to more than a few games at easter road recently, and according to some on .net he's been seen at the training centre.

yogi's recent interview says he had players at east mains showing them around with a view to getting them to sign :hmmm:

pipe dream i know, but you never can tell until they have actually signed for one team or another.

Hame ye come lad, you know u want to play Europa League football with the cabbage! :flag:
Just sell Deek, and job done.:wink:

Hibercelona
16-05-2010, 05:44 PM
i ****ing hope not :grr:

to **** with him if he does

hibiedude
16-05-2010, 05:56 PM
It was a non starter a Romour that spread like wildfire

Gary was never doing a R01rdan because 16-18k a week at Birmingham down to what at Hibs :bitchy:

bingo70
16-05-2010, 06:02 PM
It was a non starter a Romour that spread like wildfire

Gary was never doing a R01rdan because 16-18k a week at Birmingham down to what at Hibs :bitchy:

As much as i agree with you, i think GoC realises his stock now isn't as high as it was when he signed for Birmigham, think the days of him being able to command wages like that are behind him.

Thats why i think he'll join rangers, he'll still get a big wage, not what he's on now but close enough.

seanraff07
16-05-2010, 06:48 PM
I think if Boyd goes to Birmingham then theirs a high chance G'OC could head the other direction.

Hank Schrader
16-05-2010, 06:53 PM
:faf:

What was so hilarious about that? Made perfect sense to me ya numpty.

bingo70
16-05-2010, 06:55 PM
What was so hilarious about that? Made perfect sense to me ya numpty.

i thought that at first as well but i'm guessing it's because of the post he was quoting was clearly tongue and cheek :wink:

Hank Schrader
16-05-2010, 06:56 PM
i thought that at first as well but i'm guessing it's because of the post he was quoting was clearly tongue and cheek :wink:

I get it now, apologies!!

Yours truly

A numpty :greengrin

Jonnyboy
16-05-2010, 08:48 PM
TBH if we were going to sign a player from Birmingham I'd prefer David Murphy

Hibercelona
16-05-2010, 09:00 PM
TBH if we were going to sign a player from Birmingham I'd prefer David Murphy

:agree:

As much as i'd love to see Garry back at the club, Murphy would always be my first choice. It will never happen though.

brydekirk
16-05-2010, 09:09 PM
:agree:

As much as i'd love to see Garry back at the club, Murphy would always be my first choice. It will never happen though.
good choice. :agree:

madabouthibs
16-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I dunno what all the fuss is about, he'd be in for about 8 games a season and spend the rest on the treatment table. Too much of a gamble for us for what would be a top earner. :bitchy:
Keep who we have, and sign some defenders FFS! :grr: