PDA

View Full Version : European Travel - Planes, trains or buses?

Ants
16-05-2010, 09:23 AM
With the current volcanic ash situation

How much money is going to be risked on getting to a european game by air?

Train is the other comfortable travel solution... but it could be a bit of a duration, Im sure there is planned railway disruption.

Then there is the good old reliable travel solution, supporters bus..... :thumbsup:

Bayern Bru
16-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Depends where we'll be going, but car+ferry could work :greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
16-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Jump in my car if it is central europe.... Being on this side of the water has some advantages!

Ed De Gramo
16-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Jump in my car if it is central europe.... Being on this side of the water has some advantages!

Hoff....is it really you :not worth:not worth:not worth:greengrin

LancashireHibby
17-05-2010, 07:30 PM
With the current volcanic ash situation

How much money is going to be risked on getting to a european game by air?

Train is the other comfortable travel solution... but it could be a bit of a duration, Im sure there is planned railway disruption.

Then there is the good old reliable travel solution, supporters bus..... :thumbsup:

Completely depends on where we are drawn, and the ash situation is changing day-by-day after all. A part solution might be to travel a certain amount of the distance until you reach an airport that's open and take it from there.

I'm hoping to get a Welsh side to begin with anyway to give my cash a chance to build up!

nonshinyfinish
17-05-2010, 07:34 PM
A part solution might be to travel a certain amount of the distance until you reach an airport that's open and take it from there.

Would be bloody expensive to rock up to that open airport and pay for a last minute flight...

I've already lost a holiday in Cuba to this ****ing volcano, and I might very well have been stuck in Berlin this morning if not for a fearless dive under the ash cloud by the pilot. I'm hoping for somewhere emminently Eurostarable, I've had it with these winged beasts.

LancashireHibby
17-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Would be bloody expensive to rock up to that open airport and pay for a last minute flight...
Not as bad as you'd expect, though admittedly still pricey. Key is to book it online on your phone etc whilst travelling to said airport.

nonshinyfinish
17-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Not as bad as you'd expect, though admittedly still pricey. Key is to book it online on your phone etc whilst travelling to said airport.

Depends what you mean by 'bad', I suppose.

LancashireHibby
17-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Depends what you mean by 'bad', I suppose.

Well, I never suggested that it was cheap :wink:

nonshinyfinish
17-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Well, I never suggested that it was cheap :wink:

That's why I'm hoping for the train, so that one might know in advance what one'll be stung for, yet still be volcano-proof.

LancashireHibby
17-05-2010, 08:53 PM
That's why I'm hoping for the train, so that one might know in advance what one'll be stung for, yet still be volcano-proof.
The hit will come when crossing the Channel, not much way of avoiding it to be honest unless we have a Dutch/Belgian side and get the ferry.

nonshinyfinish
17-05-2010, 08:55 PM
The hit will come when crossing the Channel, not much way of avoiding it to be honest unless we have a Dutch/Belgian side and get the ferry.

Eurostar's alright as long as you buy in advance...when's that draw?