PDA

View Full Version : Empty Seats

Hibernian Verse
15-05-2010, 01:58 PM
In the upper tier at Hampden...:bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2010, 02:32 PM
bigger attendance than I thought there would be....

Westie1875
15-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I think both teams fans have done well to fill it considering the support they normally get, no disgrace whatsoever in there being a handful of empty seats.

hibeedonald

because we always fill hampden:devil:

Frogga
I thought there'd be less too...

I think its very harsh to moan that there's 'only' around 45,000 people there when the combined populations of the the towns involved is around 105,000. Dundee is a two team city too so I reckon they should be praised, not criticised for bringing so many people.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Ross County have taken nearly 4 times the amount of people that actually live in the town. And Dundee Utd have taken 27000. Pretty good attendance considering the teams, and the support they have. Remember Utd only had about 5000 last week against us.

Bob Box Fish
15-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Good crowd today.

Having been at hampden in semis against ayr utd and dunfermline in recent years I don't think we can slag any team on numbers !

hibsboy90
15-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Ross County have taken nearly 4 times the amount of people that actually live in the town. And Dundee Utd have taken 27000. Pretty good attendance considering the teams, and the support they have. Remember Utd only had about 5000 last week against us.
I recall the tannoy at Tannadice last week saying they had sold over 25,000 seats. Where were they on sunday?

We can't talk either though, just a fact of life that everyone comes out for cup finals.

Storar
15-05-2010, 02:44 PM
All credit to two teams with such small fan bases being able to get the final at all!

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I recall the tannoy at Tannadice last week saying they had sold over 25,000 seats. Where were they on sunday?

We can't talk either though, just a fact of life that everyone comes out for cup finals.

:agree:

Frazerbob
15-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Good crowd today.

Having been at hampden in semis against ayr utd and dunfermline in recent years I don't think we can slag any team on numbers !

Comparing apples and pears mate. Mid-week League Cup semi and midweek replay live on the TV can hardly be compared to a Scottish Cup Final you are expected to win. Anyway, I don't think the OP is seriously slagging the attendance.

NaeTechnoHibby
15-05-2010, 02:50 PM

These are probably the debenture holders seats, and neither club needed to call upon using these :agree:

Damn decent turnout IMO, given the two teams involved :thumbsup:

--------
15-05-2010, 02:53 PM
My sainted auntie! How FAT is Robbo? :shocked:

Bob Box Fish
15-05-2010, 02:53 PM

True oxford play York tomorrow in the conference play off at wembley and they have sold around 27k tickets! Not bad at £40 Inc bf.

jgl07
15-05-2010, 02:55 PM
I thought there'd be less too...

I think its very harsh to moan that there's 'only' around 45,000 people there when the combined populations of the the towns involved is around 105,000. Dundee is a two team city too so I reckon they should be praised, not criticised for bringing so many people.
Dundee has a population of around 140,000 and its Metropolitan area is around 160,000.

Still a great show of support for both teams.

Pity it's such a rubbish match so far.

IWasThere2016
15-05-2010, 02:55 PM
It's well attended IMHO. Arabs have sold just under 27,000 tickets. Some gaps are understandable.

iwasthere1972
15-05-2010, 02:57 PM
See Lorraine Kelly is there supporting her beloved Dundee United.

Glory hunter who couldn't find Tannadice even if she was standing outside Dens Park. :wink:

Oh and she wasn't there in 1994 because IIRC she was having a baby. Feeble excuses some fans make. :greengrin

NaeTechnoHibby
15-05-2010, 03:04 PM

Glory hunter who couldn't find Tannadice even if she was standing outside Dens Park. :wink:

Oh and she wasn't there in 1994 because IIRC she was having a baby. Feeble excuses some fans make. :greengrin

That's truely petty IMO :bitchy:

She's their most famous celebrity fan, that I know of, and turned down the chance to go to NYC for an interview with the Sex and the city girls, to be there:thumbsup:

I would have done the same, in her designer (not orange though) shoes :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-05-2010, 03:07 PM
That's truely petty IMO :bitchy:

She's their most famous celebrity fan, that I know of, and turned down the chance to go to NYC for an interview with the Sex and the city girls, to be there:thumbsup:

I would have done the same, in her designer (not orange though) shoes :greengrin

Petty but probably 100% true.

givescotlandfreedom
15-05-2010, 03:08 PM
It's annoying the glory hunters that turn out for big games only, as with all teams. I was in town and Edinburgh was heaving with United "fans" - I don't even know a Dundee United fan!

Sylar
15-05-2010, 03:11 PM
How the hell did County manage to score against us?! They're utterly toothless up front!

Says everything you need to know about how woeful our defense is!

NaeTechnoHibby
15-05-2010, 03:17 PM
It's annoying the glory hunters that turn out for big games only, as with all teams. I was in town and Edinburgh was heaving with United "fans" - I don't even know a Dundee United fan!

I do she's never lived anywhere near Dundee:rolleyes:

Think it's a Winchburgh thing though :greengrin

Too close to Broxburn (Hun Central) and it seems her dad took to DU for some reason. :dunno:

Ed De Gramo
15-05-2010, 03:17 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

What a snooze fest of a match :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Sylar
15-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Tell you what, if he's regularly as good as this, I'd take Alex Keddie (Ross County) at Easter Road in a second! Some REALLY crucial tackles today and a good vocal presence for the Staggies!

NaeTechnoHibby
15-05-2010, 03:20 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

What a snooze fest of a match :yawn::yawn::yawn:

I would like Hibs at least to have been involved in such a snooze fest :agree:

Let's be honest here, IF we reach a SC Final the nerves will be jangling, big style :bitchy:

I don't doubt that both these teams feel the same :agree:

Sylar
15-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Arabs 1-0 Ross County - Goodwillie.

Great finish - poor goalkeeping.

WeAreHibs
15-05-2010, 03:21 PM

She was there last Sunday, flew up in the morning and was getting a flight back to London straight after the game. That's hardly being a glory hunter. She goes to the majority of games.

I had thepleasure of her company at half time and thought she was lovely so please dont slag ma new burd.:wink: (couldnt get the Bo Selecta sketches out my head when I was talking to her though)

Ed De Gramo
15-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I would like Hibs at least to have been involved in such a snooze fest :agree:

Let's be honest here, IF we reach a SC Final the nerves will be jangling, big style :bitchy:

I don't doubt that both these teams feel the same :agree:

We wouldn't have just hoofed the ball up field....we would have probably went 6-2 up and then throw it away :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-05-2010, 03:23 PM
She was there last Sunday, flew up in the morning and was getting a flight back to London straight after the game. That's hardly being a glory hunter. She goes to the majority of games.

I had thepleasure of her company at half time and thought she was lovely so please dont slag ma new burd.:wink: (couldnt get the Bo Selecta sketches out my head when I was talking to her though)

I take it all back now after doing a little bit of research.

Top burd. :greengrin

NaeTechnoHibby
15-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I take it all back now after doing a little bit of research.

Top burd. :greengrin

I don't watch breakfast telly, but no doubt she'll have put DU oan the map this week and a lot of neutrals, outwith Scotland, will be supporing her :agree:

Don't ever underestimate a "celebrity" fan oan a high rated programme...

John Leslie oan Blue Peter with his Hands off Hibs T-Shirt gave us national coverage :thumbsup:

Sylar
15-05-2010, 03:35 PM
2-0. Conway.

I'd kill to have a player like him at ER.

Great finish.

Ed De Gramo
15-05-2010, 03:35 PM
3rd Qualifying round it is then :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

NaeTechnoHibby
15-05-2010, 03:36 PM
My pal is dancing, she says :thumbsup:

.Sean.
15-05-2010, 04:00 PM

Spot on, we have thousands of 'supporterts' who come crawling out the woodwork when we reach a final.

Hamish
15-05-2010, 04:08 PM
My sainted auntie! How FAT is Robbo? :shocked:

I also think he looks really unwell - hope I am wrong

CallumHibs07
15-05-2010, 04:19 PM
How many did we take to our cup final n 2007??

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 04:20 PM
How many did we take to our cup final n 2007??

I think it was 30,000. Not sure where the other 20,000 are each week.

Johnny_Leith
15-05-2010, 04:29 PM
2-0. Conway.

I'd kill to have a player like him at ER.

Great finish.

Conway is a massive Hibs fan

NaeTechnoHibby
15-05-2010, 04:31 PM
I think it was 30,000. Not sure where the other 20,000 are each week.

Jeezo, if they all wanted to or could come we'ed need a 45,000 stadium :bitchy:

In answer tae yer question, I got more than 10 tickets for out of towners for the Livi Cup debacle :boo hoo:

I was also able to get get extra tickets for other peeps, and I wisnae the only person to do that, for the LC aFinal gainst Killie :agree:

You, no doubt did the same for one or two of your "Hibs pals" :thumbsup:

What's wrong with that???

marinello59
15-05-2010, 04:33 PM

Naw he's no. He's only 5'9''

--------
15-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I also think he looks really unwell - hope I am wrong

That may be the effect of the wide-angle lens.... :wink:

Diclonius
15-05-2010, 04:43 PM

He's a Celtic fan.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/dundee-united/2009/12/13/craig-conway-mind-games-from-craig-levein-can-help-us-topple-old-firm-86908-21894159/

IWasThere2016
15-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Petty but probably 100% true.

Its 100% nonsense. She stays in the Ferry, has a ST and is a regular at Tannadeechee - as is her hubby.

She flies back Fridays from LCY to Duundee and has the weekend at home.

iwasthere1972
15-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Its 100% nonsense. She stays in the Ferry, has a ST and is a regular at Tannadeechee - as is her hubby.

She flies back Fridays from LCY to Duundee and has the weekend at home.

In my defence read post #29.

Note to myself - Do your homework before slagging celeb on a messageboard. :agree:

Bishop Hibee
15-05-2010, 10:17 PM

Utd have quite a lot of fans in Edinburgh, most with Dundee connections. Their used to be an Edinburgh and Lothian Dundee Utd branch (reconvened today as one of my Hibs ST holding brothers was on the bus) which ran buses in the 1980's. A mate of mine was convener. He was part of a big Utd family except for his twin brother who is the green sheep and has a Hibs ST :top marks

Jonnyboy
15-05-2010, 10:20 PM
How the hell did County manage to score against us?! They're utterly toothless up front!

Says everything you need to know about how woeful our defense is!

Same way they managed to score against Celtic I guess :greengrin

They had an off day today, unluckily for them.

Jamesie
15-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Comparing apples and pears mate. Mid-week League Cup semi and midweek replay live on the TV can hardly be compared to a Scottish Cup Final you are expected to win. Anyway, I don't think the OP is seriously slagging the attendance.

Take the point on midweek games, but struggling to fill our end on a Sunday in a semi final against our city rivals which was effectively the final was inexcusable.

Hibernian Verse
15-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Didn't expect this to return too :greengrin

My post was slightly tongue in cheek, I thought it was a good turnout hence why I highlighted the upper tier at Hampden which is tiny :wink:

jgl07
16-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Take the point on midweek games, but struggling to fill our end on a Sunday in a semi final against our city rivals which was effectively the final was inexcusable.
Sorry but that comes over like the Yam party line.

It wasn't the final, it was the semi-final. It was held on a Sunday lunchtime with half of Hibs best players injured, suspended or transferred. There was a sense that Hibs would not be able to put out a competitive team and that certainly had an impact on ticket sales.

Hearts couldn't fill there end either,

Hibs and Celtic failed to fill Ibrox for a Cup semi-final in 1995. That was virtually the final with Airdrie the eventual opponents. OK it was held on a Friday but no-one bangs on about that one.

Hibs have filled two thirds of Hampden for LC finals against Livngston and Kilmarnock.