PDA

View Full Version : East Stand height and corner infills

bandylegs_jLeighton
15-05-2010, 12:45 PM
I know there are a couple of threads on the East already, but the debate on the height of the new stand in comparison to the others seems to be recurring, so I decided to look out the Architect's elevation drawings that were submitted to the council planning department.

If you check these out you will see that both the top row of seats, and the level of the roof pitchside, line with the existing stands. Hopefully that clears things up.

Interestingly, there are now also drawings showing sketch proposals for the micorib cladding to infill the corners.

It looks as though this will be fixed about two fifths of the way up the height of the stands, and have metal access gates at the bottom.

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VAR2

An Leargaidh
15-05-2010, 12:51 PM
...Interestingly, there are now also drawings showing sketch proposals for the micorib cladding to infill the corners.

It looks as though this will be fixed about two fifths of the way up the height of the stands, and have metal access gates at the bottom.

[/URL][url]http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VAR2 (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VAR2)

Well spotted mate and thanks for the link. Fingers crossed these get implemented :agree:. It'll give more of an enclosed stadium feel to the ground. Should be good :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 02:06 PM
went past the ground this afternoon, and if you look at it from the west then you can clearly see it is the same height as the south.

MyJo
15-05-2010, 02:14 PM
looking at the revised drawings of the stand submitted on 01/04 the roof is exactly the same height as the south & FF but its angled making the stand look shorter than the others at the moment.

There is gonna be a slope rather than steps on approaching the stand from Albion road.

The original drawings showed a TV Camera gantry at the back of the stand and one in place of the first 4 rows of seats in the middle section, in the latest set of drawing the gantry at the back remains but the front one is gone.

down-the-slope
15-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I know there are a couple of threads on the East already, but the debate on the height of the new stand in comparison to the others seems to be recurring, so I decided to look out the Architect's elevation drawings that were submitted to the council planning department.

If you check these out you will see that both the top row of seats, and the level of the roof pitchside, line with the existing stands. Hopefully that clears things up.

Interestingly, there are now also drawings showing sketch proposals for the micorib cladding to infill the corners.

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VAR2 (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VAR2)

Good spot - but looks like only between North & East that application for infill is being made?

ScottB
15-05-2010, 04:29 PM
My understanding was that the road network would prevent us building stands in 2 of the corners in the ground?

PaulSmith
15-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Well spotted mate and thanks for the link. Fingers crossed these get implemented :agree:. It'll give more of an enclosed stadium feel to the ground. Should be good :thumbsup:

10 metre high cladding between the East and FF stands, not quite sure how this will look to be far but better than a gaping hole

Leithenhibby
15-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Good spot - but looks like only between North & East that application for infill is being made?

Not so sure about that, if you look at the drawing properly you will see that it's the West and south stands that are connected by the fill-in.

My take on this is that one drawing will cover all corners, as it will be the same work carried out on each corner.

PaulSmith
15-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Not so sure about that, if you look at the drawing properly you will see that it's the West and south stands that are connected by the fill-in.

My take on this is that one drawing will cover all corners, as it will be the same work carried out on each corner.

I think if you read the other documents attached to the application which only mentions the North and East.

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/getEdmDoc?docid=54619956&ext=pdf&page=6

Leithenhibby
15-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I'll just shut up!! as the drawing has not been looked at properly...:faf:

Sincere apologies..:wink:

Hibby70
15-05-2010, 04:43 PM

Looks like its only to stop people looking/getting in as opposed to being making the stadium more enclosed.

PaulSmith
15-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I'll just shut up!! as the drawing has not been looked at properly...:faf:

Sincere apologies..:wink:

It's a good point though as not sure why they have decided not to not fill in the East and South as it might look a bit odd

Leithenhibby
15-05-2010, 04:48 PM
It's a good point though as not sure why they have decided not to not fill in the East and South as it might look a bit odd

We seem to have covered every angle on this new stand :agree: but the plot thickens...:cool2:

It may look very odd....

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 04:50 PM
We seem to have covered every angle on this new stand :agree: but the plot thickens...:cool2:

It may look very odd....

Perhaps planning something different, I would like to see a filling that included a big screen that showed the 7-0 and 6-2 games on a loop!!

Leithenhibby
15-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Perhaps planning something different, I would like to see a filling that included a big screen that showed the 7-0 and 6-2 games on a loop!!

That would probably look better on the north, east corner as you wouldn't want the Yams to miss out...:greengrin

HibeesLA
15-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Also interesting from the Decision Notice that it looks like they've decided not to do anything on the 1st floor level of the stadium:

The agent has confirmed that; "...there will be no corporate hospitality facilities provided within the new stand." This is confirmed given the proposed internal changes to the stand; removing the proposed multiple internal floors, as contained within the original scheme.

I believe someone mentioned on another thread that the stand looked like it was being built so that it wouldn't be able to handle the extra weight of multiple internal floors, thus making the stand cheaper to build.

Curious if that is correct, or whether it could still be modified later by adding in a 2nd floor with connecting stairway.

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I can't see us needing more internal facilities to be fair, with the famous five and the west fully kitted out I think we would just have empty facilities. IMO

Leithenhibby
15-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Also interesting from the Decision Notice that it looks like they've decided not to do anything on the 1st floor level of the stadium:

I believe someone mentioned on another thread that the stand looked like it was being built so that it wouldn't be able to handle the extra weight of multiple internal floors, thus making the stand cheaper to build.

Curious if that is correct, or whether it could still be modified later by adding in a 2nd floor with connecting stairway.

Can't see STF going with that option tbh, (the cost for a start) remember he stepped in to get the 2nd floor added when building the FF.

whiskyhibby
15-05-2010, 06:32 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::agree::agree:

big-mo
15-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I have been assured that the plans are future proofed in that additional facilities can be added later, the two squared corners can be filled in and extended taking the potential capacity to near 25000. There is the possibility that they will be moving the ‘behind the goals’ bar to the East Stand in the next season or two, but if they do, they would have to change the name. Any suggestions?

The front two or three rows of the West Stand are to be removed to allow for the wider pitch.

The original plans also had a section at the top of the East Stand for TV camera gantry, this was next to the allocated singing section, this is now not going ahead and the camera will be staying in the West Stand.

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I have been assured that the plans are future proofed in that additional facilities can be added later, the two squared corners can be filled in and extended taking the potential capacity to near 25000. There is the possibility that they will be moving the ‘behind the goals’ bar to the East Stand in the next season or two, but if they do, they would have to change the name. Any suggestions?

The front two or three rows of the West Stand are to be removed to allow for the wider pitch.

The original plans also had a section at the top of the East Stand for TV camera gantry, this was next to the allocated singing section, this is now not going ahead and the camera will be staying in the West Stand.

Good, would be smart seeing everyone doing the Hibees Bounce on TV once we take the lead against the Yams.:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 08:06 PM

was listening to a game on the radio, and the commentator was saying how the facilities for the media at ER are the best in the country, he didn't elaborate, anyone know what is so good about them??? It can't be the pies:confused: