PDA

View Full Version : Scott Arfield

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 07:28 AM
According to BBC Sport Huddersfield Town and Southampton both want him aswell now.. [/URL]

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8683368.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8683368.stm)

Who thinks we need him and would improve our squad?

I think he's a decent player but i'm not that sure if he's really much better than what we've already got.

Sprouleflyer
15-05-2010, 07:41 AM
According to BBC Sport Huddersfield Town and Southampton both want him aswell now.. [/URL]

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8683368.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8683368.stm)

Who thinks we need him and would improve our squad?

I think he's a decent player but i'm not that sure if he's really much better than what we've already got.

He is a more direct player with a bit of skill.

The one thing that our midfield lacks is skill or the ability for a player to skin another player (Zemmama excluded).

PeterboroHibee
15-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Hes decent but weve already had a £300k bid rejected last time. Wouldnt say hes worth anything more than that, hes at a club whos just been relegated, think we can find someone else.

mackie77
15-05-2010, 07:54 AM
According to his mums boyfriend he'll be signing for the hibees:thumbsup:

HibeeDaz6270
15-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Hes decent but weve already had a £300k bid rejected last time. Wouldnt say hes worth anything more than that, hes at a club whos just been relegated, think we can find someone else.

He maybe isnt at this time. But he is young with potential. 1 good season at Hibs and we would have him as £2million player. Good investment:agree:

bingo70
15-05-2010, 08:32 AM
He is a more direct player with a bit of skill.

The one thing that our midfield lacks is skill or the ability for a player to skin another player (Zemmama excluded).

I know he's had a poor end to the season but Miller can do that.

From what i've seen, which isn't a great deal TBH so i may be wrong, he appears to be a good player but quite similar to Liam Miller in that they both like to drive forward, i actually think we're more in need of a defensive midfielder rather than someone like Arfield.

Taking hibs out the picture though a move to Southampton or Huddersfield would be a terrible move for him IMO, he'd go down, earn a few extra quid but i'd say there's a good chance he could end up stuck in the lower leagues down south, think he would be better served keeping a higher profile up here for a bit yet then get a move to a bigger club down south in a couple of years.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-05-2010, 09:41 AM
If he is not a defender then he is on the wish list rather than the need list. I would rather get the need list closed out first and then see how much beans from the squad budget we have left.

bingo70
15-05-2010, 09:48 AM
If he is not a defender then he is on the wish list rather than the need list. I would rather get the need list closed out first and then see how much beans from the squad budget we have left.

I think a reliable defensive midfielder should fall into that category as well.

Mcbride did a cracking job at the start of the season, however looking at his age and how few games he's actually played he seems to be too injury prone to be relying on him for such an important position.

H18sry
15-05-2010, 10:10 AM
According to his mums boyfriend he'll be signing for the hibees:thumbsup:

Who's yer mums boyfriend :confused:

brydekirk
15-05-2010, 10:12 AM
would supply good service for stokes and would score a few himself. imo.

Andy74
15-05-2010, 10:21 AM

Can't work that way. We need all sorts of better players in all positions. So long as we have the budget you get them when you can. A bit daft to complain about the order they might arrive in as if that equates to the priority.

jdships
15-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Thought !
What is this obsession among Hibbees with Falkirk players ?
Handy player but is he any better than we already have ?
Like to see the club set their sights just a little bit higher :greengrin

:flag:

BT58
15-05-2010, 10:35 AM
a fully fit zemmama would be like a new signing
doesnt arfield play in the same position, that would mean we would have
they two plus say spoony vying for the one position
provided JH was to sign a rb that is
hb