PDA

View Full Version : Steven Fletcher to Wolves - 7 million

GreenCastle
15-05-2010, 04:22 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/14/wolves-steven-fletcher-burnley-transfer

He has had a good season at Burnley and looks set to move..

Winston Ingram
15-05-2010, 04:33 AM
wonder how he'll get on wi Berra? :hmmm:

KWJ
15-05-2010, 04:48 AM
Be a good move for him I reckon. I don't think he's with a big enough club that can expect to bounce straight back and he doesn't want to fall out of the Premiership spotlight.

Really pleased with how he did as I thought he'd do well down there and said as much on here when many thought he'd fail.

Well done Stevie, hope we've got a percentage of the sale though, anybody know!?

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 05:02 AM
I hope he goes to birmingham or bolton, not sure he would do so well under mccarthy, mcleish or coyle will suit him better I reckon. Got to take you hat off to him though he has done brilliantly since he went down there.

J-C
15-05-2010, 06:51 AM
One of Wolves biggest problems last season was they couldn't score or make enough goals, he'll be a good addition to them, biggest concern is that they'll be likely candidates again to go back down, Birmingham and Bolton would be better for him.

Delboy4
15-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Be a good move for him I reckon. I don't think he's with a big enough club that can expect to bounce straight back and he doesn't want to fall out of the Premiership spotlight.

Really pleased with how he did as I thought he'd do well down there and said as much on here when many thought he'd fail.

Well done Stevie, hope we've got a percentage of the sale though, anybody know!?

Hopefully Mr Petrie has got us a 10-20% sell on clause in the contract?! If he has, that could go into this years transfer coffers...

CallumLaidlaw
15-05-2010, 07:26 AM
rumours on here were that we deal a cluse for 25% of the profit of any sell on. So, £7m would see us pocket £1m! :thumbsup:

Sprouleflyer
15-05-2010, 07:30 AM
rumours on here were that we deal a cluse for 25% of the profit of any sell on. So, £7m would see us pocket £1m! :thumbsup:

That would be very nice £1M on top of the £2M for Bamba, not a bad return :wink:

£1.5M towards debt and £1.5M towards the team?

givescotlandfreedom
15-05-2010, 08:00 AM
For all our shortcomings you can guarantee our board will have got us a cracking deal and I'd be very surprised if we didn't get anything if this transfer goes through!

down-the-slope
15-05-2010, 08:06 AM
I reckoned he was a cert for a move in the summer as Burnley don't have many potential big sales and his record of goals in the EPLs worst team is really outstanding.

I always thought he would prove the doubters wrong but he has done even better more quickly than i expected.

a move would be good for Scotland as well.....as given his age and ability he should be a regular for years to come

Everton a possibility given Yakubus age ?:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Great news if the sell on fee is true. I'd imagine a few clubs would want him, and hopefully we have a bidding war, and we get even more.:thumbsup:

PeterboroHibee
15-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Be good to see him staying in the Prem, really developed in the last season and hes too good to be in the Championship.

My only problem would be Wolves are now going in to the tricky second season in the Premiership, could be more difficult staying up, especially with the likes of Newcastle coming back up. Hope they dont but is going to be tough.

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Started having Burnley as my 2nd English team when Fletch joined them and will move on to whatever team he goes to, i think Wolves would be a better move as i much prefer them over Bolton.:agree:

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Dunfermline have a sell on clause for Bamba

What percentage?

Winston Ingram
15-05-2010, 08:25 AM
What percentage?

25% iirc

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 08:27 AM
25% iirc

:panic:

down-the-slope
15-05-2010, 08:29 AM

No need to panic...we only paid £50K so fair do's to the pars for their wedge......ours will still be 3 times theirs:wink:

Rossco442
15-05-2010, 08:31 AM

How dare other clubs do that to us!
:greengrin

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 08:32 AM
No need to panic...we only paid £50K so fair do's to the pars for their wedge......ours will still be 3 times theirs:wink:

Fair point, after a successful WC campaign if the fee is £3M+ then i'd be happy with over £2M.:agree:

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 08:32 AM

Ken, absolute disgrace.:greengrin

StevieC
15-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Dunfermline have a sell on clause for Bamba

Are you sure? I thought we picked him up on a free when he was out of contract?

That would be very nice £1M on top of the £2M for Bamba, not a bad return :wink:
£1.5M towards debt and £1.5M towards the team?

:faf: .. have you learned nothing about the Tache!

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Are you sure? I thought we picked him up on a free when he was out of contract?

I think he cost roughly £50k, we bought him in January and his contract ran out in the summer for them.

overdrive
15-05-2010, 08:59 AM
I think he cost roughly £50k, we bought him in January and his contract ran out in the summer for them.

No we bought him at the end of September at the same time as Riordan.

Beefster
15-05-2010, 09:05 AM

You're right about £50k but we bought him at the end of the summer 2008 transfer window on the same day or the day before Riordan returned.

Edit: Sorry, missed overDrive's post.

seanraff07
15-05-2010, 09:11 AM
No we bought him at the end of September at the same time as Riordan.

You're right about £50k but we bought him at the end of the summer 2008 transfer window on the same day or the day before Riordan returned.

Right enough, i just remembered about the picture where Bamba and Riordan are together after both just signing.

weonlywon6-2
15-05-2010, 09:18 AM

:thumbsup:yep,all the best to him

hibsbollah
15-05-2010, 09:21 AM
I remember a large minority of posters on here thought he would be a flop at Burnley when he was sold. Well done Steven:thumbsup:

skedders
15-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Saw Wolves twice last season (cup pumping from palace and last minute winner from arsenal) and it's clear that Doyle is their only player with a touch of class about him. Fletch would be just the kind of player to complement him and together they could provide Wolves with a real cutting edge.

Either way though, Wolves will still get relegated

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I remember a large minority of posters on here thought he would be a flop at Burnley when he was sold. Well done Steven:thumbsup:

TBF it was a big jump to go straight into the premiership, glad he has established himself though

Rossco442
15-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Saw Wolves twice last season (cup pumping from palace and last minute winner from arsenal) and it's clear that Doyle is their only player with a touch of class about him. Fletch would be just the kind of player to complement him and together they could provide Wolves with a real cutting edge.

Either way though, Wolves will still get relegated

Agree it will be hard for them. "Second season syndrome" and all that plus the likes of the baggies and the toon coming up I would be very impressed if they stayed up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-05-2010, 09:55 AM

we should let Bamba go on a free, just to spite them...:dizzy:

Bob Box Fish
15-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Pretty sure we had no sell on clause for Fletcher. Have we ever had one for any player we have sold?

Sas_The_Hibby
15-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Has he discovered that he's got a right leg yet? :wink:

Argylehibby
15-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Pretty sure we had no sell on clause for Fletcher. Have we ever had one for any player we have sold?

Pretty sure we do have a sell on clause for Fletch.

Westie1875
15-05-2010, 12:13 PM

O'Connor

Has anyone else that we have sold for big money recently been bought by another club since then for a large fee?

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 12:16 PM
O'Connor

Has anyone else that we have sold for big money recently been bought by another club since then for a large fee?

I think we had a clause, not a sell on one, when we sold Murphy to Birmingham. If they stayed up, we got something, not sure how much?

CallumLaidlaw
15-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Also think there's one in place for scott Brown as there was talk of us getting a decent wedge when he was being linked with a silly £10m bid from Spurs