PDA

View Full Version : Observations on our new stand...

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-05-2010, 07:20 PM
-They aint half putting the hours in!! There at about 6.30am this morning and still guys kicking around when I looked out my window at 7pm!

-The stand is really deceiving looking at the moment, looks at first glance as if it is nowhere near as high as the other 3, due to the fact its being built above pitch level still.

-Despite having no grass on it the pitch is looking better than it ever did last season.

-Its going up extremely quickly :thumbsup:

-The green of the metal is far darker than the other 3 stands :confused: Can't quite understand this.

-It is looking **** HOT!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bayern Bru
14-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Maybe there'll be a paint job on the other green metalwork on the other stands?

I think I'm more excited about this than the West, probably because it'll complete the stadium.

:hyper:

steviecarnie
14-05-2010, 07:34 PM
stop looking out your window and help them, with your help be done tomorrow :greengrin

RoYO!
14-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Was there a final word about what they're doing about the corners? Are they blocking them in?

Long suffering
14-05-2010, 07:45 PM
-They aint half putting the hours in!! There at about 6.30am this morning and still guys kicking around when I looked out my window at 7pm!

-The stand is really deceiving looking at the moment, looks at first glance as if it is nowhere near as high as the other 3, due to the fact its being built above pitch level still.

-Despite having no grass on it the pitch is looking better than it ever did last season.

-The green of the metal is far darker than the other 3 stands :confused: Can't quite understand this.

I agree it does look smaller but what do you mean its being built above pitch level still?

RoYO!
14-05-2010, 07:48 PM
The steel work/foundations are above pitch level. Which means the uprights are shorter, giving the impression that it is lower than the other three

erin go bragh
14-05-2010, 08:18 PM
The steel work/foundations are above pitch level. Which means the uprights are shorter, giving the impression that it is lower than the other three
when the roof goes on ,it will be the same no:wink:

SloopJB
14-05-2010, 09:53 PM
It has been mentioned about the goals being re positioned to accommodate the wider pitch, how will the corners look at either end where the F/F meets the new East and the South Stand meets the new East.

Will the gaps be wider then the opposite corners at the West stand.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I agree it does look smaller but what do you mean its being built above pitch level still?

Well although its a one tier stand, there is to be the small section down the front, then the walkway, then the main section. Its only the main section that has been started and its way above pitch level to allow the front section to be put in place later. Sorry if that makes absolutely no sense, prob hard to picture when uv not seen it. I parked my car when I got home from work earlier and the big green gates between west and south were open so I chanced my luck and wandered in. The guys let me have a good look around. Got some cracking photos but cant find my lead for my phone to upload them on here :boo hoo: Will try and get them up asap.

steviecarnie
14-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Well although its a one tier stand, there is to be the small section down the front, then the walkway, then the main section. Its only the main section that has been started and its way above pitch level to allow the front section to be put in place later. Sorry if that makes absolutely no sense, prob hard to picture when uv not seen it. I parked my car when I got home from work earlier and the big green gates between west and south were open so I chanced my luck and wandered in. The guys let me have a good look around. Got some cracking photos but cant find my lead for my phone to upload them on here :boo hoo: Will try and get them up asap.

upload them to facebook soft lad and ill copy and paste them over here.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Maybe there'll be a paint job on the other green metalwork on the other stands?

I think I'm more excited about this than the West, probably because it'll complete the stadium.

:hyper:

Hmm possibly. Its a far nicer colour. Would be a lot of painting tho. All the uprights, doors, gates etc.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-05-2010, 11:08 PM
upload them to facebook soft lad and ill copy and paste them over here.

Shall do pal. And as for ur previous post, dont think I would be much help to the workies at the moment with this ankle!!!lol

hibsdaft
15-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Hmm possibly. Its a far nicer colour.

:agree:

Iain G
15-05-2010, 02:24 AM

So its the pre-cast concrete and steel frame that are being built at present, the front 3 or 4 rows are bearing directly onto the ground/earth and not on the steelwork, they will be placed after the main pre-cast/steelwork is in to ensure they are alligned properly with the rest of the stand.

sauzee1966
15-05-2010, 06:04 AM
as for the colour...is it not a case that the other stands have been there a wee while and maybe a little sun bleeched?

Its like anything...kinda loses some colour after a while

RoYO!
15-05-2010, 06:21 AM
So its the pre-cast concrete and steel frame that are being built at present, the front 3 or 4 rows are bearing directly onto the ground/earth and not on the steelwork, they will be placed after the main pre-cast/steelwork is in to ensure they are alligned properly with the rest of the stand.

The front 4 rows are going in at the same time as the concrete
sections on the steels.

RoYO!
15-05-2010, 06:24 AM
when the roof goes on ,it will be the same no:wink:

Yeah absolutely, just without the roof and because the foundations are 5 feet above ground level it creates an optical illusion that it will be smaller

Sprouleflyer
15-05-2010, 07:39 AM
as for the colour...is it not a case that the other stands have been there a wee while and maybe a little sun bleeched?

Its like anything...kinda loses some colour after a while

Thats what I would guess.

Give the stand a couple of years and the colour will be the same as the other 3 stands.

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Thats what I would guess.

Give the stand a couple of years and the colour will be the same as the other 3 stands.

As long as it's no pink I couldnae care less TBH:greengrin

HibbyKeith
15-05-2010, 09:00 AM
RE: Paint

The darker green is by far a better colour. the other 3 stands have not long been painted again though ( within the last year), so they are not faded.

not sure if they will paint the rest of the exterior steelwork to match this new green now, but does seem strange/stupid that there was even a colour mix up with the other stands having recently been painted.

either way the stadium will still look the dogs nuts!

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 09:04 AM

The darker green is by far a better colour. the other 3 stands have not long been painted again though ( within the last year), so they are not faded.

not sure if they will paint the rest of the exterior steelwork to match this new green now, but does seem strange/stupid that there was even a colour mix up with the other stands having recently been painted.

That darker green used to be our colour, if my mind is not playing tricks with me? It is a better shade of green in my opinion, something we should be going back to.

Gatecrasher
15-05-2010, 09:04 AM
The other stands were given a fresh coat of paint and serviced last year, nothing to do with the sun

1two
15-05-2010, 09:11 AM
The new steel will be painted to match the colour of the other stands:agree:

HibbyKeith
15-05-2010, 09:20 AM
The new steel will be painted to match the colour of the other stands:agree:

dont know why they dont have a painter on site now to paint them before they are constructed, would save a whole lot of hassle to do it on the deck rather than arsing around with cherry pickers etc.

when the main stand was built it was only the internal steelwork and the small beams between the tier that needed painted, it all came pre-primed/undercoated and needed only a top coat of gloss to finish.

Golden Bear
15-05-2010, 09:24 AM
dont know why they dont have a painter on site now to paint them before they are constructed, would save a whole lot of hassle to do it on the deck rather than arsing around with cherry pickers etc.

when the main stand was built it was only the internal steelwork and the small beams between the tier that needed painted, it all came pre-primed/undercoated and needed only a top coat of gloss to finish.

Simples.

Rod's heard that B&Q are doing a 2 for 1 paint promotion towards the end of July.

:wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
15-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Simples.

Rod's heard that B&Q are doing a 2 for 1 paint promotion towards the end of July.

Yes, only on the wee test pots you try out on your wall, though, so it's going to be a long drawn out job!

Leithenhibby
15-05-2010, 12:53 PM

Mutt's Nuts...Dug's Baws...:devil:..:wink:

You are right tho, it will look fantastic..:cool2:

malcky
15-05-2010, 01:44 PM
As long as it's no pink I couldnae care less TBH:greengrin

what about mint green?

GreenCastle
15-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Simples.

:faf::faf:

Ritchie
15-05-2010, 02:47 PM
I was up Arthur seat today walking the dog.

Got a good view up there, looks impressive.

They are certainly not hanging about either!

SloopJB
15-05-2010, 06:04 PM
I was up Arthur seat today walking the dog.

Got a good view up there, looks impressive.

They are certainly not hanging about either!

Tooooooooooo much informatio.

How is Arthur by the way