Cod Boy
14-05-2010, 06:40 PM
swindon v charlton

alan o brien starts sky sports 2

Hanny
14-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Cheers!

Saved me from endless channel hopping, forgot there was football on :thumbsup:

Maybe if Alan puts in a decent performance Hughes might think about bringing him back :devil:

Bayern Bru
14-05-2010, 06:55 PM
swindon v charlton

He's not starting the game then? :wink:

Hiber-nation
14-05-2010, 07:11 PM
swindon v charlton

I recall he started their 1st game of the season when Gillingham beat them 5-0 but don't think he's started since.

Interesting.....

Hanny
14-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I recall he started their 1st game of the season when Gillingham beat them 5-0 but don't think he's started since.

Interesting.....

25 minutes in and I've not heard his name mentioned, and Swindon have had more of the ball so far.

:tumble:

Wotherspiniesta
14-05-2010, 07:15 PM
What an awful player he is. Even though Swindon have been the team trying to get forward, he's still managed to avoid the ball at every opportunity.

Infact thats a lie, he got the ball once and played a cheeky dink into the keepers arms.

How much was he earning at Hibs? :bitchy:

Bayern Bru
14-05-2010, 07:15 PM
25 minutes in and I've not heard his name mentioned, and Swindon have had more of the ball so far.

Cynics would deem that 'unsurprising.' :cool2:

Hiber-nation
14-05-2010, 07:20 PM
What an awful player he is. Even though Swindon have been the team trying to get forward, he's still managed to avoid the ball at every opportunity.

Infact thats a lie, he got the ball once and played a cheeky dink into the keepers arms.

How much was he earning at Hibs? :bitchy:

The strangest football player I've ever clapped eyes on. And he appeared like one of the worst although I still think a decent manager could have got something out of him.

PeterboroHibee
14-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Hes having a fairly mixed match. Showing the things that frustrated Hibs fans such as poor touch, completely missing the ball and looking a bit scared to make himself available, yet hes actually got stuck in a few times when defending and whipped in two crosses that created really good chances.

hibeemikey21
14-05-2010, 07:31 PM
The strangest football player I've ever clapped eyes on. And he appeared like one of the worst although I still think a decent manager could have got something out of him.

Just a player who is plagued with confidence issues IMO. If he got them sorted, I reckon he could be ok. As a winger, you really have to have a "I dont give a *****...." attitude with regards to losing out to the fullback. You just have to keep persevering and eventually it will come off. A pacey player, who doesnt play to his strength, ie hitting the touchline and swinging a ball in.

On a side note, did we ever try playing him up top, on the shoulder of the last defender? Maybe that could have worked....

johnrebus
14-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Just scrolled through the BBC ' Live Text ' for the first half.

Surprise, surprise!!!!

The name O'Brien does not feature once...............,

:cool2:

Wotherspiniesta
14-05-2010, 07:56 PM
He's got nice highlights and pink/purple boots though!

1-0 Swindon. Stone Cold.

PeterboroHibee
14-05-2010, 08:05 PM
2-0, good counter attack goal.

Hanny
14-05-2010, 08:18 PM
2-1 (Burton)

Howler from the keeper :bitchy:

mim
14-05-2010, 08:20 PM

63: Swindon are brimming with confidence now and Austin is lurking to get onto O'Brien's lovely, hung cross...Randolph shows good hands to claim it, though.

62: Borrowdale is forced to put O'Brien's cross behind for a corner. Swindon on top now.

51: Austin finally gets his break-through. O'Brien dinks the ball around the corner to release Sheehan who send overs a delightful cross. Austin is steaming in, in the meanwhile, and he plants the header across Randolph and into the bottom corner. Lovely goal, 1-0 Swindon.

43: Swindon corner after another spell of pressure. Borrowdale makes a good defensive header to nod away O'Brien's dangling cross.

35: Swindon again asking all the questions. O'Brien sends a ball into the box and Ferry tries combining with Austin, however his touch has too much on it and the ball runs out for a goal kick.

matty_f
14-05-2010, 08:31 PM
He did stick a cracking cross right onto Fletcher's shoulder for Fletch to get the winner against the Yams, though.:thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I thought 7s for Burton ew was a good price cos Swindon were a man down at the start!

Andy74
14-05-2010, 10:02 PM
63: Swindon are brimming with confidence now and Austin is lurking to get onto O'Brien's lovely, hung cross...Randolph shows good hands to claim it, though.

62: Borrowdale is forced to put O'Brien's cross behind for a corner. Swindon on top now.

51: Austin finally gets his break-through. O'Brien dinks the ball around the corner to release Sheehan who send overs a delightful cross. Austin is steaming in, in the meanwhile, and he plants the header across Randolph and into the bottom corner. Lovely goal, 1-0 Swindon.

43: Swindon corner after another spell of pressure. Borrowdale makes a good defensive header to nod away O'Brien's dangling cross.

35: Swindon again asking all the questions. O'Brien sends a ball into the box and Ferry tries combining with Austin, however his touch has too much on it and the ball runs out for a goal kick.
Aye its about 4 more crosses than we've had all season!

I hope he can stay fit for a season next year. Nice guy decent player terrible injury issues and lacks confidence.

You just have to read reports of his younger days to see that all this chat about him having no ability is the usual hibs fans lack of any class when it comes to understanding exactly what it is that effects certain players form.

Hainan Hibs
14-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Didn't he have a cracking pre-season with us which gave people hope? I remember people saying he was "like a new signing" :confused:

I always wanted him to be a success, I think at the beginning he had a lot of pressure on him because people thought he would be the next Sproule (on a motorbike). Unfortunately it never worked out.

seanraff07
14-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Aye its about 4 more crosses than we've had all season!

I hope he can stay fit for a season next year. Nice guy decent player terrible injury issues and lacks confidence.

You just have to read reports of his younger days to see that all this chat about him having no ability is the usual hibs fans lack of any class when it comes to understanding exactly what it is that effects certain players form.

Yep, he even featured in the UEFA Cup for Newcastle before he joined us.

monktonharp
14-05-2010, 11:19 PM
too humphybackit for my liking:yawn: