PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's latest interview on HI.

Pages : [1] 2

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I loved it when he praised the real fans for their support. :devil:

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 02:17 PM

Another UBER thread love it :greengrin

vahibbie
14-05-2010, 02:21 PM

:yawn:

DC_Hibs
14-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Hughes had better hope it's not just those "true fans" he mentions that turn up next season or we will be doon the tubes pronto..........especially with the backing the board have given him in the transfer windows.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2010, 02:28 PM

Let me guess, anyone who gave criticism to Yogi or the team are not real fans???:confused:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Let me guess, anyone who gave criticism to Yogi or the team are not real fans???:confused:

Who said that?

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Who said that?

Well enlighten us then, what was the quote in relation too? Why mention real fans?

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Well enlighten us then, what was the quote in relation too? Why mention real fans?

It was Hughes who said it, not me. Listen to the interview if you can, its very good imho.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 02:35 PM

Give it a rest will you, i said i got it wrong in regards to the last game and Europe, i was big enough to admit it, if it turned out the other way would you have been big enough to admit you were wrong :yawn:

So fans that care about results aren't real fans :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Give it a rest will you, i said i got it wrong in regards to the last game and Europe, i was big enough to admit it, if it turned out the other way would you have been big enough to admit you were wrong :yawn:

So fans that care about results aren't real fans :bitchy:

Believe me when i say, i never gave you one thought when i posted this, or any other posts. :bitchy:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Believe me when i say, i never gave you one thought when i posted this, or any other posts. :bitchy:

Would love to beleive that BH, although you haven't stopped making snide comments to posters that had different views on the way things were going under Hughes.

He has this window to proove us all wrong, get rid of the dead wood and there is at least 8 not only the 3 that's been mentioned on the radio, needs to bring in better quality, judgements will be made after that.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 02:43 PM
It was Hughes who said it, not me. Listen to the interview if you can, its very good imho.

I'm no paying for hibs interactive, **** that

down the slope
14-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Blackpool is a funny place for Hughes to have his agent based !.

Beefster
14-05-2010, 02:44 PM

It's okay. He thanked the pretend fans for their support on Tuesday.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Would love to beleive that BH, although you haven't stopped making snide comments to posters that had different views on the way things were going under Hughes.

He has this window to proove us all wrong, get rid of the dead wood and there is at least 8 not only the 3 that's been mentioned on the radio, needs to bring in better quality, judgements will be made after that.

You better believe it, i dont give you one thought ever when posting. I dont care what you think or say about hibs.

Hughes has said it, not me, i'm just quoting him. I did find it funny when he said it. I think i'd find it hard to applaud anyone who was constantly snipping at the team and manager too, but you already know that. Perhaps he does think those that moan at the players during the games are not real fans, i dont know, what i do know is they are not as good as those that get behind the team through thick and thin as he said.

Westie1875
14-05-2010, 02:49 PM

Who are the 8 and how do you suggest he gets rid if they are under contract?

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 02:50 PM

towel whip them intae submission :greengrin

poolman
14-05-2010, 02:51 PM

:stirrer::tee hee:

Bet you love it when a plan comes together :greengrin

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Stack - Dead wood

Maka - Dead wood

Cregg - Dead wood

Hogg - Dead wood

Stevenson - Dead wood

Rankin - Dead wood

Nish - Sold but still dead wood

Benji - Would like to keep but maybe it's time he moved on

Riordan - Not that he wants to, being pushed out - Sold, would love to keep

Bamba - Sold, see Riordan

Gow - Dead wood

Byrne - Loan

Currie - Loan

jacomo
14-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Good grief you're boring.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 02:55 PM
:stirrer::tee hee:

Bet you love it when a plan comes together :greengrin

He will be sick to the back teeth at some of the abuse the players have had this season, and imho thats why he's said it, i back him 100% in what he said, as i think the same too.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Stack

Maka

Cregg

Hogg

Stevenson

Rankin

Nish - Sold

Benji

Riordan - Not that he wants to, being pushed out - Sold

Bamba - Sold

Gow

Byrne - Loan

Currie - Loan

Should there be a FACT at the end of that post :confused:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Should there be a FACT at the end of that post :confused:

You will have to ask BH he's Yogi's agent mate :wink:

Westie1875
14-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Stack

Maka

Cregg

Hogg

Stevenson

Rankin

Nish - Sold

Benji

Riordan - Not that he wants to, being pushed out - Sold

Bamba - Sold

Gow

Byrne - Loan

Currie - Loan

Perhaps I wasn't clear, who are the 8 pieces of "dead wood" that he needs to get rid of, thats what you said?

Many of the above are on contracts, you can't just get rid easily without paying them off.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Perhaps I wasn't clear, who are the 8 pieces of "dead wood" that he needs to get rid of, thats what you said?

That's the dead wood i would get rid of mate, ones who have contracts would be paid off IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 03:04 PM
That's the dead wood i would get rid of mate, ones who have contracts would be paid off IMHO.

What will we then use to get new ones in with?

Westie1875
14-05-2010, 03:06 PM

You're living in la la land.

Riordan & Bamba are dead wood? Deary me :bitchy: :faf:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 03:07 PM
What will we then use to get new ones in with?

Hibs have money, look at Keogh if we get him in he isn't on a contract with Carlisle maybe get in a few like that, Michael Hart would be free, there is players out there who are better quality.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 03:08 PM
You're living in la la land.

Riordan & Bamba are dead wood? Deary me :bitchy: :faf:

Where did i say Riordan Bamba were dead wood :bitchy:

They both have sold next to them, i for one would glady keep them both to be honest, Nish is part of the dead wood though hope that clears that up.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Hibs have money, look at Keogh if we get him in he isn't on a contract with Carlisle maybe get in a few like that, Michael Hart would be free, there is players out there who are better quality.

How are we going to pay him, if all our budget is paid out on paying the dead wood off? You do know these players will want wages, 2nd thoughts i'm not sure you do.

JohnScott
14-05-2010, 03:12 PM
He will be sick to the back teeth at some of the abuse the players have had this season, and imho thats why he's said it, i back him 100% in what he said, as i think the same too.

Give it a rest Blackpool. Your without doubt the biggest hipocrite on here. As for Yogi? He's still a tit! In fact, you two could share a 38FF bra!

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 03:15 PM
How are we going to pay him, if all our budget is paid out on paying the dead wood off? You do know these players will want wages, 2nd thoughts i'm not sure you do.

Wages being freed up for the ones leaving plus any transfer fees

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Give it a rest Blackpool. Your without doubt the biggest hipocrite on here. As for Yogi? He's still a tit! In fact, you two could share a 38FF bra!

:faf: Quality.

Westie1875
14-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Where did i say Riordan Bamba were dead wood :bitchy:

They both have sold next to them, i for one would glady keep them both to be honest, Nish is part of the dead wood though hope that clears that up.

You made a list, I asked you which of them where the dead wood and you said that was the list, so one would assume that means all of the names on it?

Hibs may have some money to spend, but we can't afford to pay off half the team and sign better quality all in one transfer window.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Wages being freed up for the ones leaving plus any transfer fees

Wages wont be freed up though, they will be spent on paying the dead wood off. :faf:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 03:19 PM
You made a list, I asked you which of them where the dead wood and you said that was the list, so one would assume that means all of the names on it?

Hibs may have some money to spend, but we can't afford to pay off half the team and sign better quality all in one transfer window.

Keogh & Hart wont cost us any fee just wages, wages would be freed up on the players leaving, and transfer funds will be coming in, or do we just stick with the same crap?

Westie1875
14-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Wages wont be freed up though, they will be spent on paying the dead wood off. :faf:

Its not rocket science is it? :greengrin:faf:

Are yamathematics at play here? We'll pay off the dead wood and then recycle the same money to pay wages for the new players, sorted.

vahibbie
14-05-2010, 03:21 PM
:faf: Quality.

It was mibbe a bit OTT.....but no much.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Keogh & Hart wont cost us any fee just wages, wages would be freed up on the players leaving, and transfer funds will be coming in, or do we just stick with the same crap?

:faf::faf: I take back what i said earlier, i will think of you in the future when posting. I will have a wee laugh to myself first.:faf::faf:

HibbyAndy
14-05-2010, 03:23 PM
this threads a ***** peach!

Cregg Maka and Benji, Im sad to see Benji go as i honestly believe we havent seen the full potential from him, That season when we beat the pubteam at tynie (brian kerr 1st minute) He was looking lean and mean and fit as fek.

But with those 3 going it free's up a little bit in wages, id like to see 2 or other players moved on also but difficult to do so whilst under contract.

Players like Riordan, Hibs should be hell bent on thrashing out a new contract for that boy, We lost him once im sure as hell 99% of Hibbys dont want to see him leave again.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Its not rocket science is it? :greengrin:faf:

So if we get rid of all those players and their wages, bring 5 better quality players than we just got rid off, the younger lads who are coming through could fill in the left over gaps (3) plus transfer funds coming in

Rocket Science isn't yours or BH's forte it seems :faf:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 03:24 PM
So if we get rid of all those players and their wages, bring 5 better quality players than we just got rid off, the younger lads who are coming through could fill in the left over gaps (3) plus transfer funds coming in

Rocket Science isn't yours or BH's forte it seems :faf:

Can you explain how we can use the same money twice?:faf:

Westie1875
14-05-2010, 03:27 PM

I'd like to know the answer to that one too, perhaps its why I'm not yet a millionare? :greengrin

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Maybe there wages would mount to more than the contract to be terminated :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Maybe there wages would mount to more than the contract to be terminated :greengrin

You have not really thought this one through, have you.:faf:

BSEJVT
14-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I know you do this to wind folk up, but I would be interested in hearing why your approach to those who cant back Yogi and those who couldnt back Mixu (IIRC you were vehemently one of the latter) differs so much.

Its really tiresome TBH

With ever manager we have had in my living memory there were those who backed him, those who were unsure and those who didnt.

Surely all that matters is that the supporters want the best for their team, the fact that they disagree about how to achieve it is IMO no different to your preferring salt & vinegar crisps and me ready salted. You are not right neither am I, its a personal opinion.

On that basis its pitiful IMO for you to dig at and continue to dig at those who dont believe in Yogi whilst you were happy to crucify Mixu. (I apologise in advance if you didnt as I really cant be arsed looking back)

I used to really enjoy Hibs net and finding out about and gossipping about my team.

IMO its excrutiating now watching different factions bicker about who was right about what and wrong about that.

For the record, I have severe reservations about Yogi and criticised him OTT after the Motherwell debacle.

I am happy to record though that his first season must be viewed as a success in the light of what we achieved, painful as it was at times.

We should all get behind him and hope that he is able to transform the team into something we can all be proud of.

I have to say though that nothing in the entire world winds me up me as much as Hibs, whether that be the manager, certain players (this can differ game to game!) and certainly for me and I suspect others a lot of what is said is just pure frustration.

Its even more frustrating hearing you go on like a broken record about it.

If you want to report news do that without your inimitable spin as it just winds folk up unnecessarily and IMO detracts from the enjoyment of Hibs net.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 03:38 PM
You have not really thought this one through, have you.:faf:

So if we get rid of 8 players, 3 of which bring in millions of pounds in transfer funds, you only bring in 5 players some of which wont cost us any fees at all, the rest out of the 8 get their contracts terminated as it would cost alot more to keep them on (Wages)

How are Hibs spending the money twice :yawn: :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
14-05-2010, 03:39 PM
So if we get rid of 8 players, 3 of which bring in millions of pounds in transfer funds, you only bring in 5 players some of which wont cost us any fees at all, the rest out of the 8 get their contracts terminated as it would cost alot more to keep them on (Wages)

How are Hibs spending the money twice :yawn: :rolleyes:

If its any consolation i actually knew what you ment, This threads getting silly now.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 03:44 PM
If its any consolation i actually knew what you ment, This threads getting silly now.

Westie & BH seem to know all the answers mate lets let them explain it

vahibbie
14-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I know you do this to wind folk up, but I would be interested in hearing why your approach to those who cant back Yogi and those who couldnt back Mixu (IIRC you were vehemently one of the latter) differs so much.

Its really tiresome TBH

With ever manager we have had in my living memory there were those who backed him, those who were unsure and those who didnt.

Surely all that matters is that the supporters want the best for their team, the fact that they disagree about how to achieve it is IMO no different to your preferring salt & vinegar crisps and me ready salted. You are not right neither am I, its a personal opinion.

On that basis its pitiful IMO for you to dig at and continue to dig at those who dont believe in Yogi whilst you were happy to crucify Mixu. (I apologise in advance if you didnt as I really cant be arsed looking back)

I used to really enjoy Hibs net and finding out about and gossipping about my team.

IMO its excrutiating now watching different factions bicker about who was right about what and wrong about that.

For the record, I have severe reservations about Yogi and criticised him OTT after the Motherwell debacle.

I am happy to record though that his first season must be viewed as a success in the light of what we achieved, painful as it was at times.

We should all get behind him and hope that he is able to transform the team into something we can all be proud of.

I have to say though that nothing in the entire world winds me up me as much as Hibs, whether that be the manager, certain players (this can differ game to game!) and certainly for me and I suspect others a lot of what is said is just pure frustration.

If you want to report news do that without your inimitable spin as it just winds folk up unnecessarily and IMO detracts from the enjoyment of Hibs net.

Very well said that man:agree:
The season is over, what's done is done. Why don't we wait and see what transpires over the summer and how we start of the new season.

RickyS
14-05-2010, 03:46 PM

Its really tiresome TBH

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Its really tiresome TBH

This has nothing to do with anyone backing the manager or not. I believe Yogi said what he did, although I'm open to other peoples interpretation. I believe he said it, because he was sick of those abusing the players during games. FFS its hard enough beating the opposition, without our own fans getting on our backs too. People can debate what's good and bad on here, till the cows come home, its irrelevant really. But supporting the team on a Saturday should be just that, but its apparent to me, its got to the manager, and I'm sure its also got to the players too.

down the slope
14-05-2010, 04:08 PM
This has nothing to do with anyone backing the manager or not. I believe Yogi said what he did, although I'm open to other peoples interpretation. I believe he said it, because he was sick of those abusing the players during games. FFS its hard enough beating the opposition, without our own fans getting on our backs too. People can debate what's good and bad on here, till the cows come home, its irrelevant really. But supporting the team on a Saturday should be just that, but its apparent to me, its got to the manager, and I'm sure its also got to the players too.

So that's it from now on, we have to watch the likes of Maka and Hogg making erses of themselves and sit there applauding them !, and as for the hoofball we MUST enjoy it. Aye right, if the team was set up right with a degree of tactical awareness and the correct players chosen then there would be less moaning from the likes of me.

Wilson
14-05-2010, 04:10 PM
If that were a snub by a proper manager I might take it to heart :wink:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 04:16 PM
So that's it from now on, we have to watch the likes of Maka and Hogg making erses of themselves and sit there applauding them !, and as for the hoofball we MUST enjoy it. Aye right, if the team was set up right with a degree of tactical awareness and the correct players chosen then there would be less moaning from the likes of me.

Its the over the top abuse thats been apparent this season, but has been getting worse over the last few years i'm talking about. We have all gone FFS when a pass has gone astray, or another goalkeeping error has resulted in a goal. But the abuse i have witnessed this season has gone way over the accepted level any player should have to take.

Moaning has gone on for years, since i have watched hibs. What we are getting now is not acceptable imho. One example. Standing in the old east stand, i think it was the aberdeen game 2-2. Nish came over to the side, one man stands up, goes towards him, he's no more than 5 yards away. He screams at the top of his voice, **** of you **** nish, you are ****in useless. Nish stopped in his tracks, and was visibly taken aback. Do you honestly think that helps the team? Was that fan a good hibs fan?

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 04:18 PM
If that were a snub by a proper manager I might take it to heart :wink:

:greengrin you might just be a faceless wonder.:wink:

Dirkster23
14-05-2010, 04:26 PM

Its really tiresome TBH

It's nothing more than attention seeking of the highest order by BH- pretty much the same as we had to endure when he was slating Mixu at every opportunity.

As you quite rightly said, it's making :hnet: a very boring place at the moment.

BSEJVT
14-05-2010, 04:27 PM

FWIW I agree entirely with this point, I couldnt in all honesty say that that was the one I thought you were making though.:wink:

In normality I am one of the quietest guys you could meet, wouldnt say boo to a goose.

But within 5 minutes of going to ER I am ranting and raving at everything

I am ashamed to admit that occasionally that boils over into frustration at a Hibs player. I dont even mean it, its just pure frustration. I have no problem if they are not good enough as long they are putting a bit of effort in. Afterwards I think WTF?

Its not right, IMO the only justification for doing that is if they are patently not trying or pulling out of tackles.

I do it though, use bad language and couldnt tell you why.

Nothing else remotely bothers me like Hibs. I get bad tempered and frustrated watching them but love them with all my heart.

Its got so bad I am thinking of not renewing my season ticket as I honestly dont think its doing me any good.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 04:35 PM
FWIW I agree entirely with this point, I couldnt in all honesty say that that was the one I thought you were making though.:wink:

In normality I am one of the quietest guys you could meet, wouldnt say boo to a goose.

But within 5 minutes of going to ER I am ranting and raving at everything

I am ashamed to admit that occasionally that boils over into frustration at a Hibs player. I dont even mean it, its just pure frustration. I have no problem if they are not good enough as long they are putting a bit of effort in. Afterwards I think WTF?

Its not right, IMO the only justification for doing that is if they are patently not trying or pulling out of tackles.

I do it though, use bad language and couldnt tell you why.

Nothing else remotely bothers me like Hibs. I get bad tempered and frustrated watching them but love them with all my heart.

Its got so bad I am thinking of not renewing my season ticket as I honestly dont think its doing me any good.

Believe when i say, i too swear at the footy. I too have gone oh for ****s sake when things go wrong. I just think the manager has had enough, i know nish has, he came out and said as much a week or so ago. Its the personal abuse the players have been taking recently, that i believe has been the reason Nish and now Yogi have spoken out, it cant just be a coincidence?

hibiedude
14-05-2010, 04:38 PM

Lets see what happens next season because Yogi is on borrowed time unless he gets his act together and starts to show he knows what he's doing.

A win against a team who had nothing to play for dosen't wipe away the memory of the last 19 games.

So let the wind up merchants have there fun but the real fans will wait and see how things go next season and we'll see if Yogi has learned for his past mistakes and if he has i'll be the first to to put my hands up and say I was wrong but the jury is still out in my opinion.

And by the way I gave up listening to Yogi's interviews long time ago because talk is cheap. :wink:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Lets see what happens next season because Yogi is on borrowed time unless he gets his act together and starts to show he knows what he's doing.

A win against a team who had nothing to play for dosen't wipe away the memory of the last 19 games.

So let the wind up merchants have there fun but the real fans will wait and see how things go next season and we'll see if Yogi has learned for his past mistakes and if he has i'll be the first to to put my hands up and say I was wrong but the jury is still out in my opinion.

And by the way I gave up listening to Yogi's interviews long time ago because talk is cheap. :wink:

Kaiser1962
14-05-2010, 04:50 PM

They wont cost us a transfer fee but undoubtedly there might be, certainly in Hart's case, a hefty signing on fee.

Captain Trips
14-05-2010, 04:56 PM
I swear at players, and its not for anybody on here to tell me it's unacceptable as its only unacceptable to them and nobody on here has that definative right. Personal attacks are one thing saying a player is rubbish is IMO another. I wouldnt expect a player to find it acceptable why would they.

Would be great if that didnt happen but it does and its a lot of folk. Support comes in different forms and thats how it seems to be, Hibs are a long way away from turning anyone away from ER.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 05:00 PM
They wont cost us a transfer fee but undoubtedly there might be, certainly in Hart's case, a hefty signing on fee.

We might have spent that money on paying off the dead wood.:wink: I'd imagine every bosman would want a signing on fee, so it would also apply to Keogh. We might pay off one or two players, who the manager feels wont be part of his plans, although that probably wont happen till much nearer the end of the transfer window, he will be hoping other clubs might want his dross, and the pay offs wont be as much if they have another club lined up.

jacomo
14-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Believe when i say, i too swear at the footy. I too have gone oh for ****s sake when things go wrong. I just think the manager has had enough, i know nish has, he came out and said as much a week or so ago. Its the personal abuse the players have been taking recently, that i believe has been the reason Nish and now Yogi have spoken out, it cant just be a coincidence?

So you curse and criticise the team from the stands, yet you are also entitled to criticise others who do the same thing? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 05:50 PM
So you curse and criticise the team from the stands, yet you are also entitled to criticise others who do the same thing? :confused:

Oh behave. :bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2010, 05:54 PM

I agree some of the vitriol aimed at our own players during games in beyond belief

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I agree some of the vitriol aimed at our own players during games in beyond belief

I'm glad i'm not the only one who's noticed this. You and i will never agree on some things, but i'm sure you will agree that this is not on, and certainly does not help. Yes we all get upset at times, i dont know anyone who does not, but what i have witnessed has to be stamped out, and it needs doing now, before it gets worse.

Jim44
14-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm glad i'm not the only one who's noticed this. You and i will never agree on some things, but i'm sure you will agree that this is not on, and certainly does not help. Yes we all get upset at times, i dont know anyone who does not, but what i have witnessed has to be stamped out, and it needs doing now, before it gets worse.

Nobody would disagree with you on this but I think you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think it will ever be stamped out. It goes on at probably every ground in the UK and certainly has been around at ER since I started supporting Hibs over 50 years ago.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Nobody would disagree with you on this but I think you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think it will ever be stamped out. It goes on at probably every ground in the UK and certainly has been around at ER since I started supporting Hibs over 50 years ago.

I disagree, I dont think the manager minds when someone groans over a bad pass, or a missed open goal, but what i am seeing now was never there when i started watching Hibs, and if i'm honest, has only started in the last few years. And last season was the worst ever imho.

jacomo
14-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Oh behave. :bitchy:

Change your tiresome record and I will do.

There are lots of reasons why supporters are getting more abusive, and it's happening across football, not just Hibs.

jdships
14-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Abraham Lincoln said
" Nearly all men can stand adversity , but if you want to test a man's character give him power "

Fits the job of a club football manager perfectly IMO

:greengrin

matty_f
14-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Its the over the top abuse thats been apparent this season, but has been getting worse over the last few years i'm talking about. We have all gone FFS when a pass has gone astray, or another goalkeeping error has resulted in a goal. But the abuse i have witnessed this season has gone way over the accepted level any player should have to take.

Moaning has gone on for years, since i have watched hibs. What we are getting now is not acceptable imho. One example. Standing in the old east stand, i think it was the aberdeen game 2-2. Nish came over to the side, one man stands up, goes towards him, he's no more than 5 yards away. He screams at the top of his voice, **** of you **** nish, you are ****in useless. Nish stopped in his tracks, and was visibly taken aback. Do you honestly think that helps the team? Was that fan a good hibs fan?

When I first started going to games the Hibs fans gave the opposition players pelters. Now we leave them alone and take it all out on the Hibs players.

Some folk sit on their hands until they get even a half-chance to let rip at a Hibs player. Supporters my arse.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 07:54 PM
As far as I', concerned nish and hughes can GTF

Nobody is bigger than the club,

The club is the fans

Back to you BH

BSEJVT
14-05-2010, 07:55 PM

The thing is I think folk have their minds made up a long time in advance that player x can do nothing right and the minute they mess something up they are all over them.

I am probably in a relatively small minority in that I like Rankin and also like Nish, however Nish is player the most likely to feel my ire after an hour when he is blowing out his arse and mis-controlling everything.

I think and hope I would stop short of personal abuse but I suppose its in the eye of the beholder what's abuse and what's not?

If I were abusing him it would be along the lines of "get up of your f'in arse and get on with it ya big tit"

Is that personal abuse?

Whatever it is I know it feels a bit disloyal after it.

Jonnyboy
14-05-2010, 07:56 PM
The thing is I think folk have their minds made up a long time in advance that player x can do nothing right and the minute they mess something up they are all over them.

I am probably in a relatively small minority in that I like Rankin and also like Nish, however Nish is player the most likely to feel my ire after an hour when he is blowing out his arse and mis-controlling everything.

I think and hope I would stop short of personal abuse but I suppose its in the eye of the beholder what's abuse and what's not?

If I were abusing him it would be along the lines of "get up of your f'in arse and get on with it ya big tit"

Is that personal abuse?

Whatever it is I know it feels a bit disloyal after it.

That is very much on the money IMO.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 07:58 PM
That is very much on the money IMO.

does that make them lesser fans

or is it just a human trate

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 07:59 PM

There is an easy answer

matty_f
14-05-2010, 08:05 PM

Yep.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Yep.

really, your putting a lot of people in a very small box with that comment

matty_f
14-05-2010, 08:12 PM
really, your putting a lot of people in a very small box with that comment

Couldnae care mate. I'll say it as I see it - when I'm at Easter Road I'll shout encouragement at the Hibs players. I'm a better supporter than the person that shouts abuse at the same players.

RIP
14-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Fans who follow and back the team are true Hibs Supporters

Fans who go and boo are not

Folk who post on Hibs messageboards may be fans or Hibs or fans of Hearts.
But they are not Hibs supporters unless they follow and back the team.

So should our players, manager and board ignore everything said on messageboards?

Absolutely!!

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 08:20 PM

So should our players, manager and board ignore everything said on messageboards?

Absolutely!!

I live in Southampton so I can't get to the games (apart from my bi-annual trip back home which is planned to coincide with a home game) but I still consider myself a supporter.

I do concede to calling McCormack a "f*****g idiot" against Celtic from the sofa a few weeks ago. I didn't feel bad either :greengrin

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:32 PM

Hart has been released by Preston so where would a transfer fee come into it mate :confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Hart has been released by Preston so where would a transfer fee come into it mate :confused:

No transfer fee = hefty signing on fee in most cases.

i.e the money Hibs would save on buying the player would pretty much be spent on giving the player a signing on fee to sign and then giving him a weekly wage.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:34 PM
We might have spent that money on paying off the dead wood.:wink: I'd imagine every bosman would want a signing on fee, so it would also apply to Keogh. We might pay off one or two players, who the manager feels wont be part of his plans, although that probably wont happen till much nearer the end of the transfer window, he will be hoping other clubs might want his dross, and the pay offs wont be as much if they have another club lined up.

Still haven't answered the question BH how would Hibs spend the money twice...You crack on with your swerves though :greengrin

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:35 PM
No transfer fee = hefty signing on fee in most cases.

i.e the money Hibs would save on buying the player would pretty much be spent on giving the player a signing on fee to sign and then giving him a weekly wage.

Wouldn't think it would cost us a great deal to get Hart on board mate.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Wouldn't think it would cost us a great deal to get Hart on board mate.

Probbaly not, but, in Hibs terms, I'd wager for a player like that we'd be handing out signing on fees in the region of 75-150k as a sweetener to tempt them to join on a lower wage than what they're used to.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:36 PM

Absolutely!!

Starting with your post!! :yawn:

jabis
14-05-2010, 08:39 PM

Having read this s**t thread,Salford.....yer 2 braincells.....get them to co-operate,it helps !

As for the Blackpool Trumpet,he used to do my head in,but,thank god he finally lost his virginity....I now agree with him :confused:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Having read this s**t thread,Salford.....yer 2 braincells.....get them to co-operate,it helps !

As for the Blackpool Trumpet,he used to do my head in,but,thank god he finally lost his virginity....I now agree with him :confused:

Jabis your the man for personal insults...Must be a hard man you typing nonsense behind your keyboard eh :bitchy:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Probbaly not, but, in Hibs terms, I'd wager for a player like that we'd be handing out signing on fees in the region of 75-150k as a sweetener to tempt them to join on a lower wage than what they're used to.

I know where you are coming from mate, but it shouldn't be the case

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I know where you are coming from mate, but it shouldn't be the case

That's the Bosman ruling for you, fella. It's player power now with freedom of contract and they see it that they're entitled to scoop a fair wedge of the transfer fee the club would have to pay if they were still under contract.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 08:48 PM

Absolutely!!

:faf:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:48 PM
That's the Bosman ruling for you, fella. It's player power now with freedom of contract and they see it that they're entitled to scoop a fair wedge of the transfer fee the club would have to pay if they were still under contract.

Do you honestly think we will get Keogh or Hart, i understand Keogh's wife wants to move back to London so that will rule him out.

jabis
14-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Jabis your the man for personal insults...Must be a hard man you typing nonsense behind your keyboard eh :bitchy:

OK Easter Road 12 noon tomorrow,I'll be the one with the Lois Viotton handbag :agree:

No insult intended,but do you find life a bit of a drag,you may be 12...airfix models !....you may be 50.....airfix models !....get a life.

"Hardman behind a keyboard" .........words fail me.

I disagree with all you say,think your a yam,and your posts annoy me.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Do you honestly think we will get Keogh or Hart, i understand Keogh's wife wants to move back to London so that will rule him out.

No idea to be honest, now that I'm down here I'm so far removed from the rumour mill it's unreal.

However I think that is the calibre of player we'll be looking at. Yogi's more than capable of springing a surprise or two a la Stokes and Miller.

Any wages that are freed up from removing players from the payroll (Benji and the other 4) will go straight back into the wage budget (a wage budget that continues to increase incrementally each year). This, augmented to the fact that 99% of football clubs always buy players in the summer suggests that Yogi will have a fair old pot to p1ss in this summer.

I suspect we'll see around 3 or 4 players arriving in the next few months, of which I think 2 will be players who will either match or surpass the quality of Stokes and Miller.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:54 PM
No idea to be honest, now that I'm down here I'm so far removed from the rumour mill it's unreal.

However I think that is the calibre of player we'll be looking at. Yogi's more than capable of springing a surprise or two a la Stokes and Miller.

Any wages that are freed up from removing players from the payroll (Benji and the other 4) will go straight back into the wage budget (a wage budget that continues to increase incrementally each year). This, augmented to the fact that 99% of football clubs always buy players in the summer suggests that Yogi will have a fair old pot to p1ss in this summer.

I suspect we'll see around 3 or 4 players arriving in the next few months, of which I think 2 will be players who will either match or surpass the quality of Stokes and Miller.

For arguements sake lets say we get rid of 8 players, 3 of them have brought in nice transfer fees, i.e. millions, would it be fair if i expected at least 5 better quality players to replace that 8 with?

jabis
14-05-2010, 08:57 PM
For arguements sake lets say we get rid of 20players,13 of them have brought in nice transfer fees, i.e. millions, would it be fair if i expected at least 15 better quality players to replace that 20 with?

fixed :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 08:58 PM
For arguements sake lets say we get rid of 8 players, 3 of them have brought in nice transfer fees, i.e. millions, would it be fair if i expected at least 5 better quality players to replace that 8 with?

Yes because we have just qualified for Europe and have succeeded all expectations this year

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:59 PM
OK Easter Road 12 noon tomorrow,I'll be the one with the Lois Viotton handbag :agree:

No insult intended,but do you find life a bit of a drag,you may be 12...airfix models !....you may be 50.....airfix models !....get a life.

"Hardman behind a keyboard" .........words fail me.

I disagree with all you say,think your a yam,and your posts annoy me.

That old chestnut, why is it people on here cant defend their actions so they make out the other one is a YAM, that my friend is so far off the mark, my good mates are the owners of the bounce, i was a regular at ER for 28yrs, having moved down to Manchester i cant sadly see my beloved Hibs anymore does that make me less a fan than you.

Its an open forum and it's all about opinions at the end of the day, you have yours and i have mine, if my memory serves right you hounded my posts the last time, your obsessed, creepy at times :jamboak:

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Using back of a fag packet calculations here;

If Hibs were to get rid of a further 3 players added to the five today and brought in £3million, I imagine around £1-2m of that would be siphoned off to secure the remaining funding for the ground as well as being poured into cashflow to see the club through the year (maintenance of East Mains, other operating costs).

It would then be conceivable for the remaining £1-2million to go towards the playing budget.

Thing is though, that doesn't mean we spend all of that on transfer fees.

Say you bring in a player for £500k, tempt him with a 150k signing on fee and give him a 3 year deal on 4k a week. Total cost = £1.174m.

The money's not only there purely for a transfer fee, it's also got to be incorporated into the signing on fee and paying wages for the duration of the contract. (this isn't including money for bonuses; appearance fee, win bonus etc).

It's an expensive business. :greengrin

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Yes because we have just qualified for Europe and have succeeded all expectations this year

Do you still think Yogi is the man to get the best out of those 5 players

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Couldnae care mate. I'll say it as I see it - when I'm at Easter Road I'll shout encouragement at the Hibs players. I'm a better supporter than the person that shouts abuse at the same players.

Is that the same way for hearts fans who sing happy songs regardless

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Using back of a fag packet calculations here;

If Hibs were to get rid of a further 3 players added to the five today and brought in £3million, I imagine around £1-2m of that would be siphoned off to secure the remaining funding for the ground as well as being poured into cashflow to see the club through the year (maintenance of East Mains, other operating costs).

It would then be conceivable for the remaining £1-2million to go towards the playing budget.

Thing is though, that doesn't mean we spend all of that on transfer fees.

Say you bring in a player for £500k, tempt him with a 150k signing on fee and give him a 3 year deal on 4k a week. Total cost = £1.174m.

The money's not only there purely for a transfer fee, it's also got to be incorporated into the signing on fee and paying wages for the duration of the contract. (this isn't including money for bonuses; appearance fee, win bonus etc).

It's an expensive business. :greengrin

It certainly is mate, but why cant Hibs compete with those sort of figures, a club of our stature should be able to compete against the majority of clubs in the SPL.

vahibbie
14-05-2010, 09:06 PM

When I first started going to games the Hibs fans gave the opposition players pelters. Now we leave them alone and take it all out on the Hibs players.

Some folk sit on their hands until they get even a half-chance to let rip at a Hibs player. Supporters my arse.

Quotes from "There is a bonnie fitba team" circa 1960

"The fans gave the team a torrid time during it's early season problem period"
"50 years on, Hibs fans are still among the most passionate but critical of supporters groups"

I'm sure even back in those far off days sweary words were still used.

If a plumber fits a sink upside doon he's going to get it tight from the customer.
If a professional footballer can't make a 10yd pass he's going to get it tight from the customer......or am I wrong:confused:

matty_f
14-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Is that the same way for hearts fans who sing happy songs regardless

Same for any club, mate IMHO. BH's example of the boy chasing Nish down to yell at him - that's outrageous. That's not supporting the team in any way, shape or form.

I'm not talking about singing happy songs regardless, nobody is suggesting that folk should do that, however standing yelling abuse at your own players is a million miles away from supporting the team, IMHO.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 09:10 PM
It certainly is mate, but why cant Hibs compete with those sort of figures, a club of our stature should be able to compete against the majority of clubs in the SPL.

Purely because we'll only ever spend a maximum of 99p for each pound we bring in.

Clubs like Hearts, Rangers etc are counting the cost of spending a tenner for every fiver they bring in. It's a boom or bust theory and it's not a bad policy if it works (i.e you spend beyond your means to bring in quality that propels you into Europe or wins you trophies which gives you a financial return on your albeit risky investment).

If, like Hearts and Rangers, you're not succesful enough in your respective aims then you're saddled with players who cost too much to keep and you find that your wage bill, especially in Hearts case, is far more than the money you bring in each year.

We may lament Petrie for his prudent approach in recent years but it's all too easily forgotten that he presided over a regime that was handing out, in relative terms, ridiculous contracts to the likes of John O'Neil, Russell Latapy and Franck Sauzee (as good as they were).

If it wasn't for him and the board cutting our cloth accordingly just before the erse fell out the market, we wouldn't be gaining collective erections over the brand new, shiny stand we'll see at the start of next season, nor would our players have a fully bought and paid for training complex either.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 09:10 PM

Is that the same when we had only won two games in 18

Other fans care enough about their club and only want the best for it, football managers are targeted on results, looking at the bigger picture Yogi should be sacked, he got us into europe against a make shift Dundee Utd side who had nothing to play for.

I said at the time i was delighted we were in Europe and Yogi has this window and the begining of the season to change my mind, but the jury is still out and it wasn't the brightest coming out with comments like the real fans either.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 09:11 PM

"50 years on, Hibs fans are still among the most passionate but critical of supporters groups"

If a plumber fits a sink upside doon he's going to get it tight from the customer.
If a professional footballer can't make a 10yd pass he's going to get it tight from the customer......or am I wrong:confused:

It's a tough job being a plumber, very complex. U-bends for example....could never get my head round them :wink:

matty_f
14-05-2010, 09:11 PM

You don't support a plumber though. You've every right to complain about a tradesman fitting a sink upside down.

Personally, I don't think of myself as a Hibs customer. I'm a Hibs supporter and that, for me, is the difference.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Same for any club, mate IMHO. BH's example of the boy chasing Nish down to yell at him - that's outrageous. That's not supporting the team in any way, shape or form.

I'm not talking about singing happy songs regardless, nobody is suggesting that folk should do that, however standing yelling abuse at your own players is a million miles away from supporting the team, IMHO.

how many people actually do that, a handful at best. UBER UBER

matty_f
14-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Is that the same when we had only won two games in 18

Other fans care enough about their club and only want the best for it, football managers are targeted on results, looking at the bigger picture Yogi should be sacked, he got us into europe against a make shift Dundee Utd side who had nothing to play for.

I said at the time i was delighted we were in Europe and Yogi has this window and the begining of the season to change my mind, but the jury is still out and it wasn't the brightest coming out with comments like the real fans either.

Yes, it was. While the boy sat along from me in the West was shouting with veins popping out his forehead for Rankin to "****** off out of this club and never come back", I shouted encouragement to the players on the park.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Purely because we'll only ever spend a maximum of 99p for each pound we bring in.

Clubs like Hearts, Rangers etc are counting the cost of spending a tenner for every fiver they bring in. It's a boom or bust theory and it's not a bad policy if it works (i.e you spend beyond your means to bring in quality that propels you into Europe or wins you trophies which gives you a financial return on your albeit risky investment).

If, like Hearts and Rangers, you're not succesful enough in your respective aims then you're saddled with players who cost too much to keep and you find that your wage bill, especially in Hearts case, is far more than the money you bring in each year.

We may lament Petrie for his prudent approach in recent years but it's all too easily forgotten that he presided over a regime that was handing out, in relative terms, ridiculous contracts to the likes of John O'Neil, Russell Latapy and Franck Sauzee (as good as they were).

If it wasn't for him and the board cutting our cloth accordingly just before the erse fell out the market, we wouldn't be gaining collective erections over the brand new, shiny stand we'll see at the start of next season, nor would our players have a fully bought and paid for training complex either.

Cant argue with that mate as RP has certainly run a good ship, but surely if we want to progress further we have to at least expand on our wage structure, i am not talking about what Hearts or the old firm pay out, but surely we could go that bit further than we have done.

matty_f
14-05-2010, 09:15 PM
how many people actually do that, a handful at best. UBER UBER

****** all to do with being an Uber mate, you're turning it into that, not me.

There aren't that many folk that go to the game and do that now, and that's more the pity. Seems it's a better idea to go and get stuck into the folk we're meant to support.:confused:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Yes, it was. While the boy sat along from me in the West was shouting with veins popping out his forehead for Rankin to "****** off out of this club and never come back", I shouted encouragement to the players on the park.

So its acceptable for you that we only won two games out of eighteen :bitchy:

matty_f
14-05-2010, 09:16 PM
So its acceptable for you that we only won two games out of eighteen :bitchy:

Can you point out the part where I said that?

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Cant argue with that mate as RP has certainly run a good ship, but surely if we want to progress further we have to at least expand on our wage structure, i am not talking about what Hearts or the old firm pay out, but surely we could go that bit further than we have done.

We could I suppose, but again, it's a risk and it could potentially undo all the hard work of the past few years.

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Can you point out the part where I said that?

Just asking, i dont think anyone in their right mind would be happy with that, did it not piss you off when you had just watched your team get easily beat then to hear the players and manager were laughing about it afterwards?

vahibbie
14-05-2010, 09:23 PM
You don't support a plumber though. You've every right to complain about a tradesman fitting a sink upside down.

Personally, I don't think of myself as a Hibs customer. I'm a Hibs supporter and that, for me, is the difference.

And I think anyone who pays to watch professional footballers is entitled to be critical if the performance matches a Sunday league game. It matters not how much support you give if the player is just not good enough.

jabis
14-05-2010, 09:23 PM
That old chestnut, why is it people on here cant defend their actions so they make out the other one is a YAM, that my friend is so far off the mark, my good mates are the owners of the bounce, i was a regular at ER for 28yrs, having moved down to Manchester i cant sadly see my beloved Hibs anymore does that make me less a fan than you.

Its an open forum and it's all about opinions at the end of the day, you have yours and i have mine, if my memory serves right you hounded my posts the last time, your obsessed, creepy at times :jamboak:

I think my last sentence summed up my opinion,...oh you dont like it.....aaaaahhhhh,well I have been a Hibs fan since they were formed,as have all my pals(well 1 anyway as I only have one friend,he's a rabbit by the way !)

I slagged off one of your previous posts ?,well at least I'm consistant....or maybe you just spout drivel.

Just an opinion by the way.

The blackpooltrumpet used to get the same treatment,he has since got Hair-restorer,and is now a happy chap :agree:

What ails you my friend ?......

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I think my last sentence summed up my opinion,...oh you dont like it.....aaaaahhhhh,well I have been a Hibs fan since they were formed,as have all my pals(well 1 anyway as I only have one friend,he's a rabbit by the way !)

I slagged off one of your previous posts ?,well at least I'm consistant....or maybe you just spout drivel.

Just an opinion by the way.

The blackpooltrumpet used to get the same treatment,he has since got Hair-restorer,and is now a happy chap :agree:

What ails you my friend ?......

It's easy to see why you and BH would get on :greengrin

Both :zzzzz!: as ****

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 09:29 PM
http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/FR/awesome_thread.jpg

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 09:30 PM
****** all to do with being an Uber mate, you're turning it into that, not me.

There aren't that many folk that go to the game and do that now, and that's more the pity. Seems it's a better idea to go and get stuck into the folk we're meant to support.:confused:

been to most home games this season, you are truly talking urine my friend

matty_f
14-05-2010, 09:33 PM
been to most home games this season, you are truly talking urine my friend

I've been to most games too, what's your point? I'm saying that there's not many folk who shout encouragement to the players, and a vocal lot that shout abuse.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 09:37 PM
I've been to most games too, what's your point? I'm saying that there's not many folk who shout encouragement to the players, and a vocal lot that shout abuse.

where are you sitting, I sat in the east and then the south

I hear nowt but encouragement, this myth of abuse is just that. Perpetuated by those who have a need to feel superior

matty_f
14-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Just asking, i dont think anyone in their right mind would be happy with that, did it not piss you off when you had just watched your team get easily beat then to hear the players and manager were laughing about it afterwards?

If the players and manager were laughing at the performance and the result, then yes I'd be pissed off. If they were laughing afterwards for another reason, then no, it wouldn't piss me off in the slightest.

And I think anyone who pays to watch professional footballers is entitled to be critical if the performance matches a Sunday league game. It matters not how much support you give if the player is just not good enough.

Each to their own, I suppose. I've a daughter turning 1 tomorrow, she'll be learning to walk shortly. I'll see if she gets there quicker by shouting at her every time she falls and report back...:greengrin

jabis
14-05-2010, 09:40 PM
It's easy to see why you and BH would get on :greengrin

Both :zzzzz!: as ****

PMT kicking in ?

You picked an entire Hibs team and slagged it off.WE'RE in Europe,We had a s**t end to the season,AND,....WE'RE STILL IN EUROPE !
At the start of the season,I would have said "yes please"

matty_f
14-05-2010, 09:41 PM

I hear nowt but encouragement, this myth of abuse is just that. Perpetuated by those who have a need to feel superior

:faf: Why on earth would I need to feel superior when a quick read back on my posts by anyone would quickly dispel that!! What an absurd thing to say.

I sit in the West lower. I've sat many times in the East as well.

Fantic
14-05-2010, 09:43 PM

Agree :tee hee:

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 09:47 PM
:faf: Why on earth would I need to feel superior when a quick read back on my posts by anyone would quickly dispel that!! What an absurd thing to say.

I sit in the West lower. I've sat many times in the East as well.

And you are telling the truth?

greenlex
14-05-2010, 09:48 PM
When did all this laughing take place then? Were they laughing about being beaten? Were they laughing about the performance? Were they laughing cos someone had farted? I think we should be told. What did you see? what did you hear? ****in players should be ashamed of them selves. They shouldnt even be allowed out after being beaten. They should also be locked in solitary confinment till training resumes during the week. ****in sick of it:rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 09:54 PM
When did all this laughing take place then? Were they laughing about being beaten? Were they laughing about the performance? Were they laughing cos someone had farted? I think we should be told. What did you see? what did you hear? ****in players should be ashamed of them selves. They shouldnt even be allowed out after being beaten. They should also be locked in solitary confinment till training resumes during the week. ****in sick of it:rolleyes:

TBF they shouldn't be at the strippers three hours after a derby defeat

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 10:00 PM

They spent 90 minutes playing like tits, they may as well spend the evening looking at them.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 10:04 PM
They spent 90 minutes playing like tits, they may as well spend the evening looking at them.

fair play but I would prefer they earnt the night out first

matty_f
14-05-2010, 10:05 PM
And you are telling the truth?

Why wouldn't I?:confused: Why the heck would I want to get into a debate on something that I've just made up?

matty_f
14-05-2010, 10:05 PM

:tee hee:

greenlex
14-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Why not? What is the acceptable time to lapse before going then?
If I had just had a **** day at work I think to be at the strippers three hours later would be just the action to take my mind off it to be honest.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Why wouldn't I?:confused: Why the heck would I want to get into a debate on something that I've just made up?

Because all you describe is a million miles from the easter road I seen and sat in last year

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Why not? What is the acceptable time to lapse before going then?
If I had just had a **** day at work I think to be at the strippers three hours later would be just the action to take my mind off it to be honest.

Yeah why bother trying on a saturday

Jonnyboy
14-05-2010, 10:09 PM

Doesn't make them lesser fans no but it begs the question why go to the match ready to scream at a player before he's even kicked a ball?

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Because all you describe is a million miles from the easter road I seen and sat in last year

I have sat in 3 of the stands this season, the east, the west and the south. The worst abuse was in the east, but i heard some awful stuff in the south too.

The west was not so bad, although i did hear Rankin getting a lot of abuse, along with maka and nish in there early in the season. I think its got a lot worse than it used to be, the level of personal abuse has gone way above anything i have heard in the past.The abuse I'm hearing used to be leveled at the opposition players, but thats given to our own now.

Have others had the same experience as i have, or am i imagining it?:confused:

Hainan Hibs
14-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Why have I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this:boo hoo:

Jonnyboy
14-05-2010, 10:17 PM

Sorry but that's just pish. You're unique if you've found seats in the east and south where folk only shout encouragement.

jabis
14-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Doesn't make them lesser fans no but it begs the question why go to the match ready to scream at a player before he's even kicked a ball?

New Seasons Resalution........To take the p*ss out of all the moaners where I sit !

BigairySalfords ....look out !

Jonnyboy
14-05-2010, 10:20 PM
New Seasons Resalution........To take the p*ss out of all the moaners where I sit !

BigairySalfords ....look out !

:greengrin

matty_f
14-05-2010, 10:54 PM

That's not a reason for me to make something up, which is what I asked... I have no reason to pretend that folk round about me shout more abuse at their own players than they a)shout at the opponents, and b) encourage the team.

Looks like I'm not the only one to find that...

I have sat in 3 of the stands this season, the east, the west and the south. The worst abuse was in the east, but i heard some awful stuff in the south too.

The west was not so bad, although i did hear Rankin getting a lot of abuse, along with maka and nish in there early in the season. I think its got a lot worse than it used to be, the level of personal abuse has gone way above anything i have heard in the past.The abuse I'm hearing used to be leveled at the opposition players, but thats given to our own now.

Have others had the same experience as i have, or am i imagining it?:confused:

Sorry but that's just pish. You're unique if you've found seats in the east and south where folk only shout encouragement.

vahibbie
14-05-2010, 11:09 PM
If the players and manager were laughing at the performance and the result, then yes I'd be pissed off. If they were laughing afterwards for another reason, then no, it wouldn't piss me off in the slightest.

Each to their own, I suppose. I've a daughter turning 1 tomorrow, she'll be learning to walk shortly. I'll see if she gets there quicker by shouting at her every time she falls and report back...:greengrin

I'm assuming you're not paying to watch that:wink:
I'd also imagine you don't expect her to be running roond the couch at the first attempt. I actually expect paid footballers to have the rudimentary skills to play the game.
I've got 7 month old twin grand-daughters, looking forward to them walking....and naw, I won't be shouting at them:greengrin

matty_f
14-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm assuming you're not paying to watch that:wink:
I'd also imagine you don't expect her to be running roond the couch at the first attempt. I actually expect paid footballers to have the rudimentary skills to play the game.
I've got 7 month old twin grand-daughters, looking forward to them walking....and naw, I won't be shouting at them:greengrin

:thumbsup:

Purehibee_MYB
14-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Although it is good to debate, and that is what messageboard is for...this is just pathetic...I actually can't believe that fans of the same team are arguing over who is the better fan, or who has the right opinion...Someone who thinks that Hughes is the right man for the job is just as correct as someone who thinks he should be straight out of the door.. as it is an opinion
I am one of those who believes that Hughes can improve and this season has been good, but I believe BH has created this thread just to get a reaction, when really we shouldn't be provoking each other we should be discussing our European Adventure and transfer targets

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 04:56 AM

I don't think I am, any abuse I have heard this season is no worse than the season before or the one before that. It's just that this year it has become trendy on .net to criticise it and claim the moral high ground. Thats the only difference I see.

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 04:58 AM
Although it is good to debate, and that is what messageboard is for...this is just pathetic...I actually can't believe that fans of the same team are arguing over who is the better fan, or who has the right opinion...Someone who thinks that Hughes is the right man for the job is just as correct as someone who thinks he should be straight out of the door.. as it is an opinion
I am one of those who believes that Hughes can improve and this season has been good, but I believe BH has created this thread just to get a reaction, when really we shouldn't be provoking each other we should be discussing our European Adventure and transfer targets

I don't believe BH would do that:wink:

SouthamptonHibs
15-05-2010, 06:13 AM
it's been a long season for the hibees i can see both sides of the coin on this argument.
Happy clappers: Europe, 4th place finish, 12 game un beaten run, fastest SPL goal, Deeks and stokes goals tally, having a great defence until xmas

Doom and gloomers: Only decent results all year were beating celtic and erh probably just that one, We got all our points from beating the poorer teams. Utd last week was good but they had there B team out. No derby or wins over the huns, no decent cup runs, Shep away was good but hey everybody beat thm up there this year which makes it the om not special IMO

When i'm at the game i tend to put 100% into the singing and getting behind the team, and do my booing at HT and FT if they've been crap in that half then do my moaning in the pub or on net later. I've noticed this year i've not been as pissed as usual going to the games, think i'm going to start up again as it's more fun, sometimes you see the game you want to see rather than the real game.

Yogi needs to improve as we chucked what could of been a great season away and IMO he has alot to do with it ie dodgy decision making and poor tactics. But ST is re-newed and theres cash in the bank for europe so happy days

Roll on Europa and net season lets hope Petrie backs him with the cash to IMPROVE the squad and we keep players like Miller, riorden, stokes, murray and Bamba :notworthy:

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 07:27 AM
it's been a long season for the hibees i can see both sides of the coin on this argument.
Happy clappers: Europe, 4th place finish, 12 game un beaten run, fastest SPL goal, Deeks and stokes goals tally, having a great defence until xmas

Doom and gloomers: Only decent results all year were beating celtic and erh probably just that one, We got all our points from beating the poorer teams. Utd last week was good but they had there B team out. No derby or wins over the huns, no decent cup runs, Shep away was good but hey everybody beat thm up there this year which makes it the om not special IMO

When i'm at the game i tend to put 100% into the singing and getting behind the team, and do my booing at HT and FT if they've been crap in that half then do my moaning in the pub or on net later. I've noticed this year i've not been as pissed as usual going to the games, think i'm going to start up again as it's more fun, sometimes you see the game you want to see rather than the real game.

Yogi needs to improve as we chucked what could of been a great season away and IMO he has alot to do with it ie dodgy decision making and poor tactics. But ST is re-newed and theres cash in the bank for europe so happy days

Roll on Europa and net season lets hope Petrie backs him with the cash to IMPROVE the squad and we keep players like Miller, riorden, stokes, murray and Bamba :notworthy:

I'd agree with all of that

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 07:52 AM

As if. The real question we should be discussing, along with our European adventure and signing targets, is why are the players, and manager feeling they have to have a dig at the fans?

Purehibee_MYB
15-05-2010, 09:19 AM
As if. The real question we should be discussing, along with our European adventure and signing targets, is why are the players, and manager feeling they have to have a dig at the fans?

You're telling me that you didn't expect to get a reaction from this thread? Of course there are fans out there who are out of order, but thats football...it happens everywhere...and to be honest, hibs are definitely not the worst club for it...its part of football we all have to accept...fair enough that you believe we have had a good season, and I do agree with pretty much everything you've said, just think it was a bit provoking at times

but again Bring on the European adventure :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 09:36 AM

Exactly, I think hughes should be disciplined for his comments. Petrie:grr:

The fans have pushed hibs into europe with there unwavering support and he comes out with nish like that!!

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 09:43 AM

Maybe you should be asking why the manager feels it's ok to personally abuse the players in front of the fans? Maybe fans see him doing it and feel it's acceptable.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 09:52 AM
You're telling me that you didn't expect to get a reaction from this thread? Of course there are fans out there who are out of order, but thats football...it happens everywhere...and to be honest, hibs are definitely not the worst club for it...its part of football we all have to accept...fair enough that you believe we have had a good season, and I do agree with pretty much everything you've said, just think it was a bit provoking at times

but again Bring on the European adventure :thumbsup:

I'm sure you want a reply, thats a reaction is it not? Perhaps we should just have negative threads, that seems to be the thing these days. You say we are not the worst club, and it happens everywhere. Well i have not seen other teams as bad as us, although i dont go to the oppositions part of the ground, so cant give a balanced view, perhaps TLM could tell us if this is true or not.

I also disagree that its part and parcel of the game, and we just have to accept it, i will be questioning those near me next season, why they are doing it, and if others do the same, it can be stamped out, or reversed a little i hope.
Provoking, maybe? But this is a subject that needs to be discussed, i asked earlier, why do we the fans think the management and players are feeling the need to have a go back at the fans? Yes bring on the European adventure. :thumbsup:

hibbiedon
15-05-2010, 09:54 AM

Class, but it will go over the muppets heads

hibiedude
15-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I think some guys on this thread see themselves as some kind of ultimate supporter because they’ll use any excuse to win the argument.

If some fans question Yogi’s ability to manage our team don’t just highlight one issues and say- we got more points this season than last and think that justifies everything else that happened over the last 19 games because its way off the mark.

Over the last 19 games we have got a worse record than the team that’s just been relegated.

As said most fans will wait to see who gets punted and who is signed but having said that there is no point signing someone of the calibre of Messi and Yogi sticking him in Goals and there lies the main problem Yogi doesn’t seem to know what the players best positions are or how to get the best out of the guys we have.

And why moan about people getting abuse on the pitch then abuse someone on this site because he dares to have a different opinion to yours. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 12:08 PM
I think some guys on this thread see themselves as some kind of ultimate supporter because they’ll use any excuse to win the argument.
:confused:
If some fans question Yogi’s ability to manage our team don’t just highlight one issues and say- we got more points this season than last and think that justifies everything else that happened over the last 19 games because its way off the mark.
That's just rubbish, lots of folk who have defended the manager, have given valid reasons why. Those that want him out ignore this.:confused:
Over the last 19 games we have got a worse record than the team that’s just been relegated.
Yip, i cant argue with that, and never have.
As said most fans will wait to see who gets punted and who is signed but having said that there is no point signing someone of the calibre of Messi and Yogi sticking him in Goals and there lies the main problem Yogi doesn’t seem to know what the players best positions are or how to get the best out of the guys we have.
In your opinion, but a ridiculous scenario, to make your point seem more valid.
And why moan about people getting abuse on the pitch then abuse someone on this site because he dares to have a different opinion to yours. :confused:

Who is abusing people on here? The reason i brought this up, was to highlight the abuse the team is getting. Certain players more than some. And it has affected them, they are commenting on it now. Is it helping?

Purehibee_MYB
15-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Who is abusing people on here? The reason i brought this up, was to highlight the abuse the team is getting. Certain players more than some. And it has affected them, they are commenting on it now. Is it helping?

To be fair the abuse that Nish has got has clearly effected him in a good way

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 12:19 PM
To be fair the abuse that Nish has got has clearly effected him in a good way

:faf: He has had a great end to the season. Perhaps he should have been abused every day at training too, imagine how much he'd be worth now?

Purehibee_MYB
15-05-2010, 12:22 PM
:faf: He has had a great end to the season. Perhaps he should have been abused every day at training too, imagine how much he'd be worth now?

Well the worse of the abuse came towards the end when he score 5 in 2 games, when he reacted to the abuse...not condoning it, merely an observation

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Well the worse of the abuse came towards the end when he score 5 in 2 games, when he reacted to the abuse...not condoning it, merely an observation

:confused: I never heard him get any abuse at motherwell or dundee, only support. So perhaps not giving abuse helped?

hibiedude
15-05-2010, 12:29 PM

I never said YOU are abusing other posters BH but lets not kid ourselves because this thread perfectly illustrates it.

I would seriously question wither Yogi knows what our strongest team is because he never seems to field the same team and I know that changes due to injuries and suspensions but some of the daft decisions he made in the 2nd half of the season was just laughable.

Players getting abuse is part and parcel of the game or do you think that the Yam players coming to ER get it easy or visa-versa the old firm players get it every time they play away and quite a lot a home and they manage to win the league every year.

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 12:33 PM

You've still not answered how the manager abusing the players during a game helps them? Does this maybe not affect the way they play?

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I never said YOU are abusing other posters BH but lets not kid ourselves because this thread perfectly illustrates it.

I would seriously question wither Yogi knows what our strongest team is because he never seems to field the same team and I know that changes due to injuries and suspensions but some of the daft decisions he made in the 2nd half of the season was just laughable.

Players getting abuse is part and parcel of the game or do you think that the Yam players coming to ER get it easy or visa-versa the old firm players get it every time they play away and quite a lot a home and they manage to win the league every year.
Nothing wrong in questioning the manager, i do it too. I never found anything laughable though? Players do get abused, they accept it from the opposition fans, not their own. It has affected them in a negative way, or am i wrong?

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 12:40 PM
You've still not answered how the manager abusing the players during a game helps them? Does this maybe not affect the way they play?

He is their boss. He is the one who needs to kick their arse, or give them a cuddle. Our job is to support, something we dont do well at all.

hibiedude
15-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Nothing wrong in questioning the manager, i do it too. I never found anything laughable though? Players do get abused, they accept it from the opposition fans, not their own. It has affected them in a negative way, or am i wrong?

Are you assuming that our poor form was down to players getting abuse from our own fans ? What about our poor 2nd half season form being down to Yogi’s tactics and the players getting frustrated at some of the daft decisions like taking R01rdan off when were 2 down and chasing the game leaving one striker on highlighting one issues ?

As said the old firm players get it worse and they manage to play at a higher level so I would disagree with your last part

Purehibee_MYB
15-05-2010, 12:52 PM
:confused: I never heard him get any abuse at motherwell or dundee, only support. So perhaps not giving abuse helped?

I mean straight after his outburst at hearts, when the fans abused him, in the next 2 games after that he scored 5, not abuse during those matches

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 12:53 PM
He is their boss. He is the one who needs to kick their arse, or give them a cuddle. Our job is to support, something we dont do well at all.

So you think abuse from the fans causes them to lose confidence and play worse, but personal abuse shouted at them during the game by their manager
helps their performance?

If the manager feels the need to kick a player up the arse it should be done in the changing room and not in front of the paying public.

FWIW i agree with you about the hibs support not supporting the team enough these days. However, i can't see how Yogi shouting abuse at players and joking with fans about them during the game can help in any way.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Are you assuming that our poor form was down to players getting abuse from our own fans ? What about our poor 2nd half season form being down to Yogi’s tactics and the players getting frustrated at some of the daft decisions like taking R01rdan off when were 2 down and chasing the game leaving one striker on highlighting one issues ?
I have no doubts there were numerous reasons why our form dipped, i dont think the abuse helps one bit.
As said the old firm players get it worse and they manage to play at a higher level so I would disagree with your last part

The old firm have better players, thats why they play better.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 12:58 PM
So you think abuse from the fans causes them to lose confidence and play worse, but personal abuse shouted at them during the game by their manager
helps their performance?

If the manager feels the need to kick a player up the arse it should be done in the changing room and not in front of the paying public.

FWIW i agree with you about the hibs support not supporting the team enough these days. However, i can't see how Yogi shouting abuse at players and joking with fans about them during the game can help in any way.

The manager is not giving them personal abuse, he's instructing them on how they should be doing better, and where they are going wrong. If he was telling them they were ****in *****, and should **** off, i'd be wanting him out the door.

hibiedude
15-05-2010, 01:15 PM
The old firm have better players, thats why they play better.

Better players that get worse abuse than the soft hearts we have at our club- its a poor excuse saying I had a bad game because our fans said I was hopeless.

The worst abuse I have ever witnessed was Mark Walters and he got better and better as the abuse get worse.

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 01:18 PM
The manager is not giving them personal abuse, he's instructing them on how they should be doing better, and where they are going wrong. If he was telling them they were ****in *****, and should **** off, i'd be wanting him out the door.

I've not got time to look for them now, but you'll find quite a few posts from people that sit behind the dugouts saying it is personal abuse the manager is shouting at players during the game!

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Sit in my seat, you would hear it from there.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I've not got time to look for them now, but you'll find quite a few posts from people that sit behind the dugouts saying it is personal abuse the manager is shouting at players during the game!

Sit in my seat, you would hear it from there.

Lets all do it then, we will have a champions league winning side very quickly. :faf:

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Better players that get worse abuse than the soft hearts we have at our club- its a poor excuse saying I had a bad game because our fans said I was hopeless.

The worst abuse I have ever witnessed was Mark Walters and he got better and better as the abuse get worse.

Who was it giving him the abuse?

Barney McGrew
15-05-2010, 01:37 PM

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2447294&postcount=10

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2447380&postcount=20

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2447294&postcount=10

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2447380&postcount=20

Nothing there to say he's abusing them, industrial language outlining what they should be doing, but nothing like what i hear from the stands?

Barney McGrew
15-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Nothing there to say he's abusing them, industrial language outlining what they should be doing, but nothing like what i hear from the stands?

So it's acceptable, just so long as it's no worse than you hear from the stands?

BTW, I'm in complete agreement with you that the abuse that you hear from so called supporters is totally unacceptable, but surely that extends to someone in such a position as manager of the club?

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 01:59 PM
So it's acceptable, just so long as it's no worse than you hear from the stands?

BTW, I'm in complete agreement with you that the abuse that you hear from so called supporters is totally unacceptable, but surely that extends to someone in such a position as manager of the club?

But he's not abusing them. He may be swearing, but he's giving them directions on what they are doing wrong. He's telling them what he wants done. Some of our fans are not, they are just shouting personal abuse. Again, is that what a supporter calls supporting the team?

hibiedude
15-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Who was it giving him the abuse?

Every stadium in the SPL gave this guy racial abuse and he turned out to be one of the best players to watch because he was a class player.

If players cant take stick then they are in the wrong game you seem to be saying that the abuse is worse at Easter Road regarding our own players something I totally disagree with.

it happens up and down the country and teams dont seem to be in freefall

Barney McGrew
15-05-2010, 02:03 PM
But he's not abusing them. He may be swearing, but he's giving them directions on what they are doing wrong. He's telling them what he wants done. Some of our fans are not, they are just shouting personal abuse. Again, is that what a supporter calls supporting the team?

He called Stokes a "****ing idiot" among other things on Sunday at Tannadice. I don't think that is giving him direction on what he was doing wrong :wink:

Again - I agree with you about the abuse from the stands. That's not the point - Yogi needs to tone it down as well. As it is, it's a bit rich for him to be moaning about fans doing it when he's guilty of it too.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Every stadium in the SPL gave this guy racial abuse and he turned out to be one of the best players to watch because he was a class player.

If players cant take stick then they are in the wrong game you seem to be saying that the abuse is worse at Easter Road regarding our own players something I totally disagree with.

it happens up and down the country and teams dont seem to be in freefall

:bitchy: lets all do it then, i'm sure it will be great.:rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 02:13 PM
:bitchy: lets all do it then, i'm sure it will be great.:rolleyes:

I reckon with the new stand the abuse could sound better than ever.:greengrin

We could have an abuse section, maybe just below the signing section, need to be near the pitch for maximum effect. We don't want the players struggling to hear us.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 02:15 PM

We could have an abuse section, maybe just below the signing section, need to be near the pitch for maximum effect. We don't want the players struggling to hear us.

:agree: An abuse section to counteract the singing section,maybe we could allocate 1 stand for the sole purpose. Would that be enough?

DC_Hibs
15-05-2010, 02:24 PM

Spot on, attention seeking fool.

hibiedude
15-05-2010, 02:26 PM

Lets have a happy clappers stand :wink:

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 04:23 PM

As i said, i've not had time to look for the threads where people have said he's been personally abusing players, but they are there.

Interesting change in stance from 'i'd be wanting him out the door' to 'it's just industrial language'.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 04:43 PM
As i said, i've not had time to look for the threads where people have said he's been personally abusing players, but they are there.

Interesting change in stance from 'i'd be wanting him out the door' to 'it's just industrial language'.

No change in stance, if yogi was screaming **** of you ****, you are ****in useless. I'd want him out the door. If he's shouting, get ****in back, or thats ****in sloppy, i'd expect him to be doing so. Swearing goes on you know, not just on the terraces. You will have to try a little harder.:faf:

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 04:47 PM
:agree: An abuse section to counteract the singing section,maybe we could allocate 1 stand for the sole purpose. Would that be enough?

Hard to be sure, there is an awful lot of us bad fans you know

Jonnyboy
15-05-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't think I am, any abuse I have heard this season is no worse than the season before or the one before that. It's just that this year it has become trendy on .net to criticise it and claim the moral high ground. Thats the only difference I see.

It's an easy cop out to say it's trendy on .net to criticise especially when the criticism going on just now is no worse than it was last season :wink:

If you haven't detected an upward trend of vile personal abuse towards players then you must have been too busy singing

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 04:54 PM
It's an easy cop out to say it's trendy on .net to criticise especially when the criticism going on just now is no worse than it was last season :wink:

If you haven't detected an upward trend of vile personal abuse towards players then you must have been too busy singing

I'd argue that it's an easy cop out to jump on the blame badwagon that is .net:wink:

Seriously though I haven't noticed being any worse than any other year. When we play bad fans always criticise, when we play well fans cheer. I'm not condoning the idiot who screams personal abuse all game, but these idiots have always been there.

Jonnyboy
15-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I'd argue that it's an easy cop out to jump on the blame badwagon that is .net:wink:

Seriously though I haven't noticed being any worse than any other year. When we play bad fans always criticise, when we play well fans cheer. I'm not condoning the idiot who screams personal abuse all game, but these idiots have always been there.

Yes they have and the point I'm trying to make is that they seem to be growing in number. Maybe it's just near where I sit I don't know but I've often read posts on here from various fans sitting in various locations where they've noticed an increase in the personal abuse type of criticism

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes they have and the point I'm trying to make is that they seem to be growing in number. Maybe it's just near where I sit I don't know but I've often read posts on here from various fans sitting in various locations where they've noticed an increase in the personal abuse type of criticism

Not doubting you, but I think we'll need to agree to differ until either I experience it myself or next season you don't have any idiots around you:wink:

Jonnyboy
15-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Not doubting you, but I think we'll need to agree to differ until either I experience it myself or next season you don't have any idiots around you:wink:

Maybe I should sit near you :faf:

marinello59
15-05-2010, 05:02 PM

That's my perception as well. We have always had our whingers, I know, at times I am one of them.:greengrin But the attacks against some players do seem more viscious, widespread and personal than in the past.

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Maybe I should sit near you :faf:

nah you would be ****ing furious mate:greengrin

BH would fill a notebook every game!!

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 05:40 PM
No change in stance, if yogi was screaming **** of you ****, you are ****in useless. I'd want him out the door. If he's shouting, get ****in back, or thats ****in sloppy, i'd expect him to be doing so. Swearing goes on you know, not just on the terraces. You will have to try a little harder.:faf:

No need for me to try harder, there are posts on :hnet: saying fans hear Yogi shouting things along the lines of your ****ing useless or your a ****ing idiot at players.

Maybe you just choose to ignore it because it doesn't suit your current aganda :bye:

brydekirk
15-05-2010, 05:41 PM

the OF react in a possitive way. half of the current hibs team are weak and dont have the mental toughness to react in a possitive way to the abuse they recieve. This is something yogi does know and is trying to change.

BSEJVT
15-05-2010, 05:56 PM
That's my perception as well. We have always had our whingers, I know, at times I am one of them.:greengrin But the attacks against some players do seem more viscious, widespread and personal than in the past.

No question in my mind its getting worse as well.

I could even put up with it if it was a reaction to a player for example missing an open goal. eg Oh FFS you are useless.

But there are guys there out to criticise certain players come what may.

Its not fair but every team has their whipping boys who usually get it tight.

When Benji won, then missed the penalty against Killie, there was some arse behind me giving it you sand dancing wage thief c#nt. WTF?

Rankin can never do anything right, Nish ditto.

I think folk who know bugger all about football just jump on the bandwagon of the boo boys and head full speed down that road regardless of whether the player is having a good game or not.

They also have their favourites who never do a thing wrong.

In my experience they are not normally the sharpest tools in the box and generally react badly to being told to sit down, shut up and stop making an arse of themselves.

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 06:00 PM
No question in my mind its getting worse as well.

I could even put up with it if it was a reaction to a player for example missing an open goal. eg Oh FFS you are useless.

But there are guys there out to criticise certain players come what may.

Its not fair but every team has their whipping boys who usually get it tight.

When Benji won, then missed the penalty against Killie, there was some arse behind me giving it you sand dancing wage thief c#nt. WTF?

Rankin can never do anything right, Nish ditto.

I think folk who know bugger all about football just jump on the bandwagon of the boo boys and head full speed down that road regardless of whether the player is having a good game or not.

They also have their favourites who never do a thing wrong.

In my experience they are not normally the sharpest tools in the box and generally react badly to being told to sit down, shut up and stop making an arse of themselves.

Your right there mate:thumbsup:

Speedway
15-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Don't hate the player, hate the fans.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 06:27 PM
No need for me to try harder, there are posts on :hnet: saying fans hear Yogi shouting things along the lines of your ****ing useless or your a ****ing idiot at players.

Maybe you just choose to ignore it because it doesn't suit your current aganda :bye:

I dont believe you.

BEEJ
15-05-2010, 06:35 PM
helps their performance?

:agree: I've not heard it personally but a few of the more respected posters on here have noted that this is part of Yogi's 'dugout persona'.

It does not seem to fit comfortably with his rhetoric in post-match interviews where he seems more inclined to 'gie the players a cuddle' than bawl them out. And the reaction from the players during the games would appear to suggest that this behaviour of Yogi's is only really evident during matches.

It certainly doesn't seeem to engender the respect that a manager should command from his squad.

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 07:01 PM
I dont believe you.

Read post 186 on this thread :faf:

It's not that you don't believe me, just that you can't accept your wrong.

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 07:07 PM
:agree: I've not heard it personally but a few of the more respected posters on here have noted that this is part of Yogi's 'dugout persona'.

It does not seem to fit comfortably with his rhetoric in post-match interviews where he seems more inclined to 'gie the players a cuddle' than bawl them out. And the reaction from the players during the games would appear to suggest that this behaviour of Yogi's is only really evident during matches.

It certainly doesn't seeem to engender the respect that a manager should command from his squad.

I've not heard it personally either as i sit in the upper deck of the west, however, there have been a few posters who sit around the dugout area mention it this year. Of course they could all be anti Yogi and lying to make him look bad, eh BH :bye:

I've not got a problem with a manager giving a player a kick up the arse when it's needed, just can't see how personal abuse motivates anyone.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Oh i can admit i'm wrong, and have done on many occasions. I dont think he should be doing it, if he is? Thats not helping the team is it?

Barney McGrew
15-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Don't worry - he's already conveniently missed replying to that post :wink:

Hiber-nation
15-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Don't worry - he's already conveniently missed replying to that post :wink:

Can't believe this thread is on page 6. Again, its all about some wind-up merchant (who was actually outed as one a few weeks back) and his latest agenda. Quite sad really.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Can't believe this thread is on page 6. Again, its all about some wind-up merchant (who was actually outed as one a few weeks back) and his latest agenda. Quite sad really.

:blah: Outed my arse. :bitchy:

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 07:32 PM
:blah: Outed my arse. :bitchy:

save it for CC's

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 07:34 PM
save it for CC's

Funny girls, :greengrin you forgetting were i live? :wink:

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Oh i can admit i'm wrong, and have done on many occasions. I dont think he should be doing it, if he is? Thats not helping the team is it?

No, i don't think it does help the team.

So are you admitting your wrong? You could claw back a little bit of credibillty after weeks of getting on fans backs for doing the very same thing.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 07:38 PM
No, i don't think it does help the team.

So are you admitting your wrong? You could claw back a little bit of credibillty after weeks of getting on fans backs for doing the very same thing.

Wrong, how am i wrong?

3pm
15-05-2010, 07:45 PM
This is funny.

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Wrong, how am i wrong?

because your no right :faf:

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 07:50 PM
because your no right :faf:

I hate the fans getting on the players back, i have never heard the manager do it, but if he was to scream at the players the way some fans do, i'd hate that too. I'd hope petrie would speak to him, just as i'd hope the decent fans would speak to the idiots in the crowd. If it carried on, i'd hope petrie punted his arse out the door. Is that clear enough?

Dirkster23
15-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I hate the fans getting on the players back, i have never heard the manager do it, but if he was to scream at the players the way some fans do, i'd hate that too. I'd hope petrie would speak to him, just as i'd hope the decent fans would speak to the idiots in the crowd. If it carried on, i'd hope petrie punted his arse out the door. Is that clear enough?

Crystal- takes a big man to admit he was wrong, even if he does it in a round about way:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2010, 08:03 PM
This is funny.

Are you suggesting this is not a serious thread:confused::wink:

3pm
15-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Are you suggesting this is not a serious thread:confused::wink:

Am I f***. This is f***** serious s*** you are all f***** discussing. It's not a f***** useless argument you are all having! Ha Ha! :o)

erskine-hibby
15-05-2010, 09:14 PM
You better believe it, i dont give you one thought ever when posting. I dont care what you think or say about hibs.

Hughes has said it, not me, i'm just quoting him. I did find it funny when he said it. I think i'd find it hard to applaud anyone who was constantly snipping at the team and manager too, but you already know that. Perhaps he does think those that moan at the players during the games are not real fans, i dont know, what i do know is they are not as good as those that get behind the team through thick and thin as he said.

Ah, but managers lie...or so you told me:wink:

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Ah, but managers lie...or so you told me:wink:
Correct.

Purehibee_MYB
15-05-2010, 10:23 PM
I can't believe this is still going...

Hibs On Tour
16-05-2010, 01:10 AM
FFS - its doon tae the team/manager whether they get praised from the stands or take pelters! If they play like they did for the last 3 months they'll deservedly take pelters and rightly so - and anyone who thinks they're a better fan in that scenario for not slating them can **** right off. If the team plays like they did at the front-end of the season they'll rightly get praised to the rafters and sung off the park.

Supporting the team is one thing - having to meekly accept some of the pish we've recently been served up without complaint is entirely another.

Simples.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2010, 08:49 AM
FFS - its doon tae the team/manager whether they get praised from the stands or take pelters! If they play like they did for the last 3 months they'll deservedly take pelters and rightly so - and anyone who thinks they're a better fan in that scenario for not slating them can **** right off. If the team plays like they did at the front-end of the season they'll rightly get praised to the rafters and sung off the park.

Supporting the team is one thing - having to meekly accept some of the pish we've recently been served up without complaint is entirely another.

Simples.

What is our job as a supporter, is it to get behind the team when things are going badly as well as when they are doing well? Or is it as you suggest, just when they are winning?

hibiedude
16-05-2010, 11:28 AM
What is our job as a supporter, is it to get behind the team when things are going badly as well as when they are doing well? Or is it as you suggest, just when they are winning?

It's the job of a supporter to back the team but not at all costs

clubs should do all they can to move the club forward and if things go wrong as they have of late then the fans should ask serious question.

BH you seem to think that because some players get stick they form goes into automatic freefall

as some have said yogi gives out abuse to the players from the sidelines and it's backed up by people who have heard him.

Hibs On Tour
16-05-2010, 11:38 AM

I'm not suggesting that its acceptable to lump onto the team at the first sign of a misplaced pass. I'm saying that 2-3 months into a spell like we had at the business end of the season its definitely acceptable and indeed completely understandable.

Not quite as black and white as you're suggesting I said/meant but I think you knew that anyway ya wido! :wink:

Green_one
16-05-2010, 11:57 AM

:agree:The guy is just one huge pain in the **** and is dominating this board with his own agenda and pathetic ego.

Apart from the obvious personal issues he has , he obviously has far too much spare time on his hands. One HUGE waste of time arguing with this guy.

For god sake just ignore him.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2010, 12:31 PM
It's the job of a supporter to back the team but not at all costs
I never said that
clubs should do all they can to move the club forward and if things go wrong as they have of late then the fans should ask serious question.
Yip i agree
BH you seem to think that because some players get stick they form goes into automatic freefall
Again, i never said that, i said it does not help
as some have said yogi gives out abuse to the players from the sidelines and it's backed up by people who have heard him.
He wants his arse kicked if he's giving out abuse?

I'm not suggesting that its acceptable to lump onto the team at the first sign of a misplaced pass. I'm saying that 2-3 months into a spell like we had at the business end of the season its definitely acceptable and indeed completely understandable.
How is it understandable to berate the team when they need us the most?
Not quite as black and white as you're suggesting I said/meant but I think you knew that anyway ya wido! :wink:

I think it is black and white, get behind them on match day, get your grievances told in the pub, on the net, after games.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2010, 12:34 PM
:agree:The guy is just one huge pain in the **** and is dominating this board with his own agenda and pathetic ego.

Apart from the obvious personal issues he has , he obviously has far too much spare time on his hands. One HUGE waste of time arguing with this guy.

For god sake just ignore him.

What agenda? And please, personal issues. :faf: You do know there is an ignore button?:blah:

Hibs On Tour
16-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I think it is black and white, get behind them on match day, get your grievances told in the pub, on the net, after games.

The way we've played the past three months, some of our team couldn't have moaned about it if - instead of complaining from the stands - the fans came down, took their shirts off them and started playing instead of them! :greengrin

Seriously though, there's zip point in just keeping such disatisfaction for the nuclear or on here. Surely the whole point of vocalising such disatisfaction is that 'they' [i.e. the team] are aware of it and it encourages them to change their errant ways and start playing better again?

You don't silently walk into another room in the house to curse a puppy under your breath for peeing on the carpet [in case you offend its delicate sensibilities of course]. You take it to the offending place of shame, rub its nose in it, skelp it with the end of a paper and shout 'NO!' at the top of your voice. Henceforth, somewhere down the line, it stops peeing on the carpet.

Or something like that, no? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2010, 04:40 PM
The way we've played the past three months, some of our team couldn't have moaned about it if - instead of complaining from the stands - the fans came down, took their shirts off them and started playing instead of them! :greengrin

Seriously though, there's zip point in just keeping such disatisfaction for the nuclear or on here. Surely the whole point of vocalising such disatisfaction is that 'they' [i.e. the team] are aware of it and it encourages them to change their errant ways and start playing better again?

You don't silently walk into another room in the house to curse a puppy under your breath for peeing on the carpet [in case you offend its delicate sensibilities of course]. You take it to the offending place of shame, rub its nose in it, skelp it with the end of a paper and shout 'NO!' at the top of your voice. Henceforth, somewhere down the line, it stops peeing on the carpet.

Or something like that, no? :greengrin

You know up till the middle of february, our dogs were well behaved, very little peeing on the carpet. The dogs then got fleas, and the parvovirus, the new dogs that came in, wouldnt learn, there was pish everywhere. And it was the fans that showed their distemper. :wink: And no matter how much they were slapped, it did not help:wink:

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2010, 05:07 PM
FWIW ..I'm within hearing distance(with a fair wind) of the dug out and can tell you that Yogi's rants are totally unprofessional IMO. I suppose you can say that's the way he is and I could stomach that if he countered it with tactics and results that I approve of but my patience is wearing thin.

Whats he been saying, as i have never sat near the dug out, so don't hear whats happening down there.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2010, 05:27 PM
One that jumps out is a rant (to the gallery) which I think isn't smart or funny was directed at Sokes and to paraphrase went along the lines of "That'll teach me to sign Irish *.. Re Zemmama ..That's that little * wanting off then (when Zumo was holding the back of his thigh) and probably was looking to to get out of the cold and into a hot shower but a professional doesn't rant like that to fans a few rows behind. I know it's not a fair comparison but there's a brilliant article in the Times today about Mourinho and the difference in standards of basic tactics is terrifying.

Thats wrong, and he should not be saying these things. Petrie should kick him right in the baws if this is true, and then warned its not acceptable. If this happens again, he should be out the door.

bingo70
16-05-2010, 05:30 PM
One that jumps out is a rant (to the gallery) which I think isn't smart or funny was directed at Sokes and to paraphrase went along the lines of "That'll teach me to sign Irish ****s.. Re Zemmama ..That's that little f......r wanting off then (when Zumo was holding the back of his thigh) and probably was looking to to get out of the cold and into a hot shower but a professional doesn't rant like that to fans a few rows behind. I know it's not a fair comparison but there's a brilliant article in the Times today about Mourinho and the difference in standards of basic tactics is terrifying.

I don't believe he said that, which makes me doubt whether your telling the truth with the other thing he is supposed to have said.

Sometimes i hear Yogi being criticised for being too pally with the players and sometimes you hear stories like this, IMO neither are likely to be a problem.

Purehibee_MYB
16-05-2010, 06:56 PM
If its not acceptable to criticise the players....is it acceptable for the players to be laughing and joking around after heavy losses, like what happened apparently after the 4-1 embarrassment at hamilton?

hibee4life1983
16-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Lets face facts here, the whole stadium groans if a player(nish) falls on his erchie. So does this mean if a group, which would probably include me, were to go ott and spout 5 seconds of abuse, personal or not, that they arnt real fans or supporters??

The correct answer is no.

Anybody that pays good money to go to any football match can shout what the wish, it really doesnt affect the game,
The players that are being shouted at on the other hand do, and if there listening to certain fans (which is superman hearing as i cant hear single shouts from 20 or 30 yards at a game) then they are not going about ther job very well.

Imho we should all just enjoy the banter and keep supporting the team, however you decide you want to.

Ed De Gramo
16-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Stack - Dead wood

Maka - Dead wood

Cregg - Dead wood

Hogg - Dead wood

Stevenson - Dead wood

Rankin - Dead wood

Nish - Sold but still dead wood

Benji - Would like to keep but maybe it's time he moved on

Riordan - Not that he wants to, being pushed out - Sold, would love to keep

Bamba - Sold, see Riordan

Gow - Dead wood

Byrne - Loan

Currie - Loan

Nish dead wood?......pass that crack pipe that your merrily puffing on! :faf::faf::faf:

Speedway
17-05-2010, 12:44 PM
The severity of the abuse given by the fan says much more about the intelligence, quality of life and self-esteem of the fan than it does the player.

SalfordHibs
17-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Nish dead wood?......pass that crack pipe that your merrily puffing on! :faf::faf::faf:

IMHO yes he certainly is :agree:

ahibby
17-05-2010, 12:56 PM

Did you not snipe and moan and decry Mixus Hibs side?

bighairyfaeleith
17-05-2010, 01:36 PM

yeah but they were bottom six so thats ok:faf:

vahibbie
17-05-2010, 02:14 PM
yeah but they were bottom six so thats ok:faf:

and we've got our flair back......apparently:wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2010, 02:23 PM

Yip, and dont regret it one bit. The new man has us playing in Europe, would Mixu?

ahibby
17-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Yip, and dont regret it one bit. The new man has us playing in Europe, would Mixu?

The newmans tactics haven't been any better than Mixus. The only difference that I can see is that he has been able to bring in better players. Time will tell how good he is at getting the best out of the better players he has. My point is anyway that you can't have a go at people for not being real supporters just because you start supporting a manager when you haven't supported others in the past.

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2010, 04:15 PM
The newmans tactics haven't been any better than Mixus. The only difference that I can see is that he has been able to bring in better players. Time will tell how good he is at getting the best out of the better players he has. My point is anyway that you can't have a go at people for not being real supporters just because you start supporting a manager when you haven't supported others in the past.

I dont support the manager, i support Hibs. It just happens that this manager is doing better than the last one.