PDA

View Full Version : Yams Oliver and Mr Bumble/20 Quality Players/FJK Goes Cap In Hand to Vlad

Jim44
14-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I see that Fat Jim is about to make the annual begging trip to Lithuania for an audience with the Man from Delmonte. He has a hit list of 20 names, mostly from the lower Scottish leagues if recent reports are true. ' Please sir, may I have some more? ' (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-Jim-Jeffries-heads-to.6295163.jp)

Baader
14-05-2010, 12:49 PM
"Spare some change, guv?!"

dawn
14-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Man from Delmonte-[under his breath, about Fat Jim] There ain't a stauncher-hearted guy going, or I'd have cut his throat three months ago. :greengrin

Ryan91
14-05-2010, 01:18 PM
He'll get maybe a couple of players and a handful or two of Kaunas rejects, they've got no money to spend even with getting shot of their top 4 earners

Hainan Hibs
14-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Jumbo will get more unknown Lithuainians with those lovely registration fee's thrown in and Jumbo will bend over and take it because he has lost all self-respect and dignity.:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Jumbo will get more unknown Lithuainians with those lovely registration fee's thrown in and Jumbo will bend over and take it because he has lost all self-respect and dignity.:agree:

Yeah imagine your legacy was for 7-0, 6-2 and taking it tight from mad vlad the impaler!!!

Barney McGrew
14-05-2010, 01:49 PM
What's the bets he suddenly 'finds' some good Lithuanian players when he's out there? 'Found' by Vlad of course.

"I just happened to be in the Kaunas club shop when I got a call to tell me about this local wonderkid and I was delighted to sign him up straight away"

Pretty Boy
14-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm worried TBH. With the World Cup less than a month away then at least 2 signings are guaranteed. You see all us jealous hobo peg sellers got it wrong, when Vlad mentioned World Cup stars he really meant this World Cup not the one that finished 4 years ago when he first said they would be signng them.

AugustaHibs
14-05-2010, 03:24 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-Jim-Jeffries-heads-to.6295163.jp

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

seanraff07
14-05-2010, 03:26 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-Jim-Jeffries-heads-to.6295163.jp (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-Jim-Jeffries-heads-to.6295163.jp)

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Going by what Jeffries has been saying recently i'm asuming thats 20 Scottish lower league players, e.g. Ryan Stevenson.:faf:

HibbyAndy
14-05-2010, 03:29 PM
To be fair to FJK..he's giving Vladimar a list of 20 possible signing targets, Now he knows very well he wont get all of them,So the list of 20 seems about right to me, If you read further down he goes on to say he would like maybe 7 new players,Least he has identified players, Id be chuffed if JH has done the same.

Andy74
14-05-2010, 03:31 PM
To be fair they could half the budget they have and still sign good players, we seem to manage to pull out the odd good player and we are still paying way below that they do.

There seems to be no real intention to deal with the debt so who is to say Fat Jim won't have a small fortune in wages to splash on people who could actually do a proper job in the SPL?

Kato
14-05-2010, 03:32 PM
If you read further down he goes on to say he would like maybe 7 new players,Least he has identified players, Id be chuffed if JH has done the same.

He probably has.

The difference is Hibs don't do their business in the EEN. Most of Hearts transfer business is written up on their back pages and never gets any further than that.

Andy74
14-05-2010, 03:32 PM
To be fair to FJK..he's giving Vladimar a list of 20 possible signing targets, Now he knows very well he wont get all of them,So the list of 20 seems about right to me, If you read further down he goes on to say he would like maybe 7 new players,Least he has identified players, Id be chuffed if JH has done the same.

Are you suggesting Hughes, who spends most of his week travelling to games, hasn't identified players?

Just becasue we don't advertise that we have a list every transfer window doesn't mean we don't have a number of targets.

HibbyAndy
14-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Are you suggesting Hughes, who spends most of his week travelling to games, hasn't identified players?

Just becasue we don't advertise that we have a list every transfer window doesn't mean we don't have a number of targets.

When i said id be chuffed if JH had identified new players i never ment it in any smart commentish way, I genuinly would be happy if he has 3 or 4 players sounded out.

Yes we do our business in the correct manner, And the right way as far as im concerned.

To advertise potential signings is Hearts class not Hibs class.

Sprouleflyer
14-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Whats the bet that Vlad rips up the paper in front of FJK and hands him the Kaunas team sheet and says, Here are your 20 new players!!!!

steviecarnie
14-05-2010, 04:16 PM
it actually says seven new faces in all positions in my maths thats 77 players he needs??

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Surely it should have said 20 quality players, plus Craig Bryson and Mark Kerr?

hfc rd
14-05-2010, 04:21 PM
:faf::faf:!

Really doubt Vlad is going to let Junkie Jambo Jeffries sign 20 QUALITY players. They are £35 million in debt and if they do then they could get into similar financial difficulties like Pompey's.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 04:23 PM
That ramshackle club is run in the most disgusting way possible, publicly announcing that their manager has got to fly abroad to meet his master with a wee sheet of paper in his hand that's got some names scribbled down.

Absolute joke of an outfit.

WindyMiller
14-05-2010, 04:40 PM
FJK returns after a tough meeting with the leader.......

http://www.sww.w.szu.pl/postacie/post_alianci/chamberlain3.jpg

mjhibby
14-05-2010, 05:09 PM
He probably has.

The difference is Hibs don't do their business in the EEN. Most of Hearts transfer business is written up on their back pages and never gets any further than that.

Im sure if you looked back at all the players who were going to manage hertz or play for them you would have a right good laugh.Usually they end up with either a mad one enforced player or someone nodody wanted(berslija,nade)etc.Seems vlads plan to sell players on for transfer fees has failed totally and the hit they have taken on pinilla,congalves and berslija is staggering all of course paid for by the wonderful Hertz of midlothian.And of course he trousers £2m interest a year.Marvellous that they are so gullible.Who have they actually bought recently that wasnt from vlads wee league.Stewart who hibs let go,ian black from relegated caley,ryan stevenson from ayr united.Even vlad knows the games up hence him recruiting fat jim to quell the masses and jimbo gets a job as he knew the bullet was coming at killie.
Given claderwoods comments re the state of killie who jumbo had the 7th highest budget in the spl,jeffries knows this is his last hurrah and if it hadnt been hertz wouldnt have taken the job.Lets wait with baited breath for hertz conference and 1st division players to help them storm to 3rd place next season.Your having a laugh surely.:faf:

camhibby1
14-05-2010, 05:50 PM
When is Jefferies going and when is he returning?..."Jim Jefferies is preparing to fly to Lithuania in the next few days.." (EEN 14:05:10)..."Jefferies returns to Scotland on Sunday..." (EEN 14:05:10...same article).

Sounds like pigs might fly to me or Banderson again showing ho inept a journalist he is.

Jack
14-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Surely Fat Jim could have faxed the list???
Or has all the ink Vlads fax been used up?

Col2
14-05-2010, 06:17 PM
When is Jefferies going and when is he returning?..."Jim Jefferies is preparing to fly to Lithuania in the next few days.." (EEN 14:05:10)..."Jefferies returns to Scotland on Sunday..." (EEN 14:05:10...same article).

Sounds like pigs might fly to me or Banderson again showing ho inept a journalist he is.

Sniff sniff.

Jim44
14-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Surely Fat Jim could have faxed the list???
Or has all the ink Vlads fax been used up?

It's a power thing. If Mohammed won't go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed. I know we all rip the urine out of JJ at any opportunity, but I've always considered him to be a fairly decent enough guy with a bit of self respect but he's allowing Romanov to belittle him in the way he has done with almost every management employee at Tynecastle. He's just not interested.

An Leargaidh
14-05-2010, 09:25 PM
FJK returns after a tough meeting with the leader.......

http://www.sww.w.szu.pl/postacie/post_alianci/chamberlain3.jpg

:thumbsup: Quality mate, like it!

whiskyhibby
14-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I hear Jumbo Jim started his trip to Lith in a 20 seat minibus..............is this true :devil:

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I hear Jumbo Jim started his trip to Lith in a 20 seat minibus..............is this true :devil:

<-----------------

There it is.

matty_f
14-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Did Plan F not head off with similar hopes, only to return home with his tail between his legs. after Vlad told him his targets weren't good enough?

vahibbie
14-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Did Plan F not head off with similar hopes, only to return home with his tail between his legs. after Vlad told him his targets weren't good enough?

I don't think Fat Jim will have too many players on the list that Vlad will have heard of....deffo won't be Hearts class:faf:

PaulSmith
15-05-2010, 06:14 AM
It's the Hearts way though isn't it around pre season and just after posting record debt figures, there's always names of players leaked, meetings where hit lists are discussed, trips to Lithuania or Russia, agents close to hearts telling us about 1m rated players. They're publicity crazy and you can bet that more ****** will come from Tynie from now until right up until the end if the transfer window including a 'positvie' response from Romanov after these talks.

Kaiser1962
15-05-2010, 09:30 AM
To be fair they could half the budget they have and still sign good players, we seem to manage to pull out the odd good player and we are still paying way below that they do.

There seems to be no real intention to deal with the debt so who is to say Fat Jim won't have a small fortune in wages to splash on people who could actually do a proper job in the SPL?

If they were to even half their wage budget Andy they would still, by my reckoning, be losing around £10k A DAY! Bizarre or what?

poolman
15-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Vlad's at it again :greengrin

http://basket-spot.blogspot.com/2010/05/news-maskoliunas-gets-sack-from.html

I liked this bit

Žalgiris' coaching position has been on a turmoil since Russian-Lithuanian businessman Vladimir Romanov took over the club last year.

BonnieFitbaTeam
15-05-2010, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=matty_fairnie;2469291]Did Plan F not head off with similar hopes, only to return home with his tail between his legs...

...and Davie Pittenweem :faf: