Belgium/Netherlands
England
Japan (2022 only)
Portugal/Spain
Qatar (2022 only)
Russia
South Korea (2022 only)
United States

England looks like the best for football perspective in my eyes.
• Great stadiums
• Easy to get around by planes trains & automobiles.
• Fans are passionate (unlike other countires on the list)(Qatar)

FIFA might go with someone different Russia perhaps?

MacBean
14-05-2010, 09:34 AM
WORLD CUP BIDDERS
Australia
Belgium/Netherlands
England
Japan (2022 only)
Portugal/Spain
Qatar (2022 only)
Russia
South Korea (2022 only)
United States

• Great stadiums

Personally i would love england to get it as you are guarenteed to get at least 15 games up north meaning we could have a short trip down the road to watch the World Cup and if not savour the atmosphere around it.

would be 100,000,000 times better if Scotland were there of course

Also find it strange that Spain and Portugal are doing a joint bid. Would have thought Spain had more than enough stadiums to host on its own?!

J-C
14-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Well I hope England get it, even if we don't get there just to be able to get to a few world cup games without having to travel too much would be great.

hibeedonald
14-05-2010, 09:36 AM
austrailia would be good but hard to get to, if scotland made it that is. england would be fantastic, easy to get to would be better if scotland finally got there!

Hainan Hibs
14-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I couldn't care if it was on the moon as long as Scotland qualify:pray:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I think whoever wants it, should all go into a penalty knock out competition, and the winners get it.:wink:

Green_one
14-05-2010, 11:38 AM
WORLD CUP BIDDERS
Australia - Possible, long way, not cheap. God knows what air travel will be like by then - probably have to strip naked and give a blood test just to get on the plane.
Belgium/Netherlands - Good for us but I thought joint bids were less popular
England - Good chance - depends on how they do in WC (fans and team)? Good that the other western Europe bids are joint.
Japan (2022 only) - No - Just had one
Portugal/Spain - again joint bid and Spain had a fairly recent run
Qatar (2022 only) - get lost - so many issues
Russia - Security issues - infrastucture at times
South Korea (2022 only) - same as Japan - you have had your go
United States - Not Americas again! - possible political choice. Hope not.

Having said all that its all to do with who is likely to get the most cash throught the door and fits with the political thinking at that time. 'Its Asia's turn' sort of thing.

Woody1985
14-05-2010, 12:23 PM
When does this 'continent' thing come in where they'll try and even it out?

Here's my thoughts.

Australia - Can't see if for either.
Belgium/Netherlands - They had the Euros in 2000 IIRC, can't see them getting either.
England - It would be great but I reckon FIFA will opt for Spain/Portugal in 2018 just because no one appears to like England at FIFA IMO.
Japan (2022 only) - Unlikely due to competition and recent competition.
Portugal/Spain - I think they'll get 2018
Qatar (2022 only) - Plenty cash, FIFA will want to spread it round the globe. This would be my bet.
Russia - Again, plenty cash and their game has improved over the last few years (I think!).
South Korea (2022 only) - same as Japan.
United States - Unlikely although with improvements and more interest in their team it's probably an outsider but don't see it.

Leithenhibby
14-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I think whoever wants it, should all go into a penalty knock out competition, and the winners get it.:wink:

Safe to say Engerland are no gonna get it then....:devil:

hfc rd
14-05-2010, 03:07 PM
It is absoulately certain that England are going to host the WC. They have got the stadiums that are capable of hosting a WC and have a lot of people backing them to get it.

Oranje39
14-05-2010, 03:07 PM
I reckon Russia for 2018 and Australia 2022!

Sas_The_Hibby
14-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Japan - NO, shared it too recently
South Korea - NO, shared it too recently.
Spain / Portugal - FIFA not keen on joint bids and Spain had it more recently than England
Netherland / Belgium - FIFA not keen on joint bids
USA - NO, had it more recently than England

Qatar - the wild card, unpredictable how they will be viewed; if chosen it would be for political, rather than footballing reasons IMO.
Australia - in with a very good shout, I think. First time in Oceania (well it's not REALLY Asia, is it!! :wink: ), big country, good infrastructure, likely to deliver.
Russia - another good candidate, if it remains relatively stable.
England - good candidate for all the reasons stated elsewhere.

Result? - 2018: Russia or England, 2022: Australia - IMHO

Pretty Boy
14-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Given FIFAs' recent habit of giving it to an old footballing nation one year and an emerging market the next i wouldn't be surprised to see Qatar or Australia get 2018.

Examples:

1990- Italy (traditional nation)
1994- USA (emerging market)
1998- France (traditional nation)
2002- Japan/South Korea (emerging market)
2006- Germany (traditional nation)
2010- South Africa (emerging market)
2014- Brazil (traditional nation)

2018- emerging market
2022- traditional nation

Even if they decide 2018 should go to a 'European' country i would still bet on Russia as it's still as Eastern Europe/Asia is still a whole new market as far as the World Cup is concerned.

Sas_The_Hibby
14-05-2010, 03:46 PM
If there's a British football team in the 2012 Olympics :devil: :duck: perhaps the English bid will have become a British one by 2018 or 2022 - there'll be no Scotland team but at least we'll get to host Brazil V Italy at our new 60,000 capacity Uberstadion at Easter Road! :greengrin

southfieldshibby
14-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I reckon Russia for 2018 and Australia 2022!

The big issue with Oz is time zones and distance....but i'd love it.

cockneymike
14-05-2010, 06:01 PM
I just spent a month over in Oz, and couldn't believe how into their football they've become, since my first trip a couple of years previous. Its all over the sports pages, although the A league makes the spl look like Brazilian quality they love their premiership and champions league.

I also reckon what with the olympics and rugby world cup, they've shown that folk don't mind the time differences. Especially when you consider that japan had it, and it's the same time zone practically!

I'd put money on them for 2022, and England in 2018. Certainly hope so, that woud be great.

Ryan91
14-05-2010, 09:01 PM
The problem with Aussie bid is that all the stadiums proposed would be being used for numerous other sports such as Aussie Rules, Rugby and Cricket, and I can't see the Australian government paying money to teams from those competitions because they can't play their seasons as normal, England would be good, short train journey to somewhere like Newcastle and we can see WC football. Qatar is unlikely due to extreme heat, its in the middle of a desert, unless they were willing to spend some serious money to get stadiums with air conditioning. US wouldn't be too difficult, the majority of American Football stadiums could easily be upgraded if below the capacity wanted by FIFA, they already have pretty much everything there. I'd like to see them get it, although MLS wouldn't play that season, provided it's still running, but tbh I doubt many would miss it.

magpie1892
14-05-2010, 09:32 PM
WORLD CUP BIDDERS
Australia
Belgium/Netherlands
England
Japan (2022 only)
Portugal/Spain
Qatar (2022 only)
Russia
South Korea (2022 only)
United States

• Great stadiums

If you think Qatari fans lack passion for the game then you need to reassess. A Middle Eastern country would get the World Cup no bother if it were not for the summer heat - some of the stadia in that part of the world are breathtaking and they love football.

Pete
14-05-2010, 09:43 PM
England getting it will have a great knock-on effect for the Scottish economy.

A lot of these people coming over will want to take in the culture and sights as well and that definately includes Scotland and it's beautiful scenery and capital.

I hope to god we qualify though as that will give it an extra edge and will accelerate the cross border involvement.

I think Beckham has already sealed the deal. Come on, that guy can turn water into wine!:greengrin

IberianHibernian
14-05-2010, 10:27 PM
England getting it will have a great knock-on effect for the Scottish economy.

A lot of these people coming over will want to take in the culture and sights as well and that definately includes Scotland and it's beautiful scenery and capital.

I hope to god we qualify though as that will give it an extra edge and will accelerate the cross border involvement.

I think Beckham has already sealed the deal. Come on, that guy can turn water into wine!:greengrinIn 1998 , the World Cup attracted thousands of fans to France but put off even more ( it was a bad year for tourism in France ) . A similar thing happened in Portugal in 2004 with European Championship . If England hosted a WC , Scotland would benefit in that a few countries might base themselves in Scotland or play some friendlies there but some tourists would be put off by high hotel prices and not wanting to have holiday ruined by loads of fans . Also talk of seeing games nearby is unrealistic since prices would be very high ( they already are in South Africa ) and even so tickets would be very hard to get ( in Germany it was very hard to get tickets even for Fan Festivals let alone stadiums ) . So how many people would travel from Scotland to Newcastle or Manchester to pay 80 quid to watch Turkey play Paraguay at 5 pm on a Tuesday ?
Not sure how the voting goes but no doubt there has been a lot of bargaining already . Spain / Portugal have probably got votes of South and Central America already for 2018 ( 2022 will be for USA / Australia / Qatar ... ) and England Asian / African votes but maybe this will lead to a split and Russia will have a chance . Who knows ? If so many countries are interested , why don`t they have a WC every 2 or 3 years ( maybe with only 16 or 24 countries ) or have more joint hosting - in this case England / Netherlands / Belgium for example or Russia / Netherlands / Belgium ?

Mixu62
15-05-2010, 05:11 AM
The big issue with Oz is time zones and distance....but i'd love it.

Not a problem for the massive Asian TV market....and me for that matter!

KWJ
15-05-2010, 05:38 AM
The problem with Aussie bid is that all the stadiums proposed would be being used for numerous other sports such as Aussie Rules, Rugby and Cricket, and I can't see the Australian government paying money to teams from those competitions because they can't play their seasons as normal, England would be good, short train journey to somewhere like Newcastle and we can see WC football. Qatar is unlikely due to extreme heat, its in the middle of a desert, unless they were willing to spend some serious money to get stadiums with air conditioning. US wouldn't be too difficult, the majority of American Football stadiums could easily be upgraded if below the capacity wanted by FIFA, they already have pretty much everything there. I'd like to see them get it, although MLS wouldn't play that season, provided it's still running, but tbh I doubt many would miss it.

They have okayed it, hence how their bid is in. There was a bit of drama regarding whether or not they could use the MCG but it's been given the thumbs up and the AFL matches will probably all move to the Etihad arena.

Australia would be great for it I reckon, flights around Oz would have to stay around what they are now though. I'm flying Melbourne to Sydney on Wednesday for $50 all in. Around 30 quid.

Unfortunately I think it'll go to England.

Sas_The_Hibby
15-05-2010, 11:58 AM
....................So how many people would travel from Scotland to Newcastle or Manchester to pay 80 quid to watch Turkey play Paraguay at 5 pm on a Tuesday ?.............................

Yeah, I'm busy that Tuesday, anyway. :greengrin

ChilliEater
15-05-2010, 12:21 PM
They have okayed it, hence how their bid is in. There was a bit of drama regarding whether or not they could use the MCG but it's been given the thumbs up and the AFL matches will probably all move to the Etihad arena.

Australia would be great for it I reckon, flights around Oz would have to stay around what they are now though. I'm flying Melbourne to Sydney on Wednesday for $50 all in. Around 30 quid.

Unfortunately I think it'll go to England.

Where did you get that price for an internal flight?! In 5 years here we haven't been out of WA because flying 5 of us would break the bank!

Hope we get it here, and there's no good reason why we shouldn't - Olympics and Rugby WC show Oz can succesfully host events, politically stable, weather perfect in June (15-25C usually), the team has performed respectably recently, growing market for football, good stadia already in place - its got everything going for it. Hope Scotland qualify and get based in Perth :greengrin

Hibercelona
15-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Its totally irrelevant... we'll never qualify. :boo hoo:

aberhibsfc
15-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Typical England Arrogance.

Did you see Englands presentation book. It had a map of the UK on it as England.

Sorry, which part of Scotland, Wales is in England?

Joint bid with other associations, ok you can use the map of the UK, if not tw@t off.