PDA

View Full Version : Flight of the Conchords

Calvin
13-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Feels like the day before the Cup Final to me, cannot wait to see them tomorrow.

These are the timings:

1830: Doors to Building
1900: Doors to Auditorium
2000: Eugene Mirman
2025: Interval
2045: Flight of the Conchords
2245: Show ends

Good to see that Kristen Schall has been replaced and the Conchords are playing for two hours now!

:hyper:

SlickShoes
14-05-2010, 09:03 AM
I am going tomorrow! Really looking forward to it!

Calvin
15-05-2010, 12:05 AM
You won't be disappointed.

I've seen a fair few things and I have to say, it's right at the top end.

millarco
15-05-2010, 07:26 AM
You won't be disappointed.

I've seen a fair few things and I have to say, it's right at the top end.

:agree:

Thought it was awesome last night, though wasn't so keen on Eugene Mirman, and the heckling, if you could call it that, was poor. Didn't spoil it though, a very good show.

Calvin
15-05-2010, 10:02 AM

Thought it was awesome last night, though wasn't so keen on Eugene Mirman, and the heckling, if you could call it that, was poor. Didn't spoil it though, a very good show.

Yeah, at least it was just the shouting out of requests and not proper heckling.

Tyler Durden
15-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah, at least it was just the shouting out of requests and not proper heckling.
I was there last night too - must be one of the funniest shows I've ever seen!

So many highlights, all kicked off by 'Too many dicks'. Loved 'Tears of a rapper' segueing into 'Hurt Feelings' aswell. And Jemaine's ye oldey song about wooing a lady - genius, I'd never heard that before. Hats off to the NZ symphony orchestra aswell!

I was pleasantly surprised by the venue aswell, was in the Gallery but still felt I had a great view.

I'd go back tonight if I could, it was so good.

Calvin
15-05-2010, 04:25 PM
I was there last night too - must be one of the funniest shows I've ever seen!

So many highlights, all kicked off by 'Too many dicks'. Loved 'Tears of a rapper' segueing into 'Hurt Feelings' aswell. And Jemaine's ye oldey song about wooing a lady - genius, I'd never heard that before. Hats off to the NZ symphony orchestra aswell!

I was pleasantly surprised by the venue aswell, was in the Gallery but still felt I had a great view.

I'd go back tonight if I could, it was so good.

I have to say I genuinely considered hitting ebay to go again tonight.

Highlights were If You're Into It and Jenny - I was surprised they played the latter as I've only heard it in their radio show two of my three favourite songs there. Wasn't surprised they didn't play Pencils in the Wind but would have loved it.

Managed to record most of the audio on my iPhone so listened to the show back on my way home last night, was just as good!

Rick Rude
16-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Was there tonight, much enjoyed! Albi the racist dragon definitely sounds better with a scottish accent as well :greengrin