PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Top Wage

DC_Hibs
13-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Would be fantastic if this was published then the Nishy 95% lot posting transfer targets might wake up that we have no chance of signing most of these guys.

Just seen someone mention wages of 7k for Fletcher at Hibs and that 5k a week was realistic for us to pay Caldwell.

I was under the impression that a year or two back we were paying 2k -2.5k max although that may well have been upped to allow us to get Riordan, Stokes and Miller.

Will never been known unfortunately so time for selective thread reading until the next transfer window closes.

bighairyfaeleith
13-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Would be fantastic if this was published then the Nishy 95% lot posting transfer targets might wake up that we have no chance of signing most of these guys.

Just seen someone mention wages of 7k for Fletcher at Hibs and that 5k a week was realistic for us to pay Caldwell.

I was under the impression that a year or two back we were paying 2k -2.5k max although that may well have been upped to allow us to get Riordan, Stokes and Miller.

Will never been known unfortunately so time for selective thread reading until the next transfer window closes.

lighten up it's just a bit of fun

emmjayfox
13-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Ive always been led to believe we pay mediocre wages ( for a pro player) but have a high win bonus.

Auckland Hibs
13-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Ive always been led to believe we pay mediocre wages ( for a pro player) but have a high win bonus.

:top marks

IMO that's the way it should be, one of the reasons that we're in such a good financial position is because we don't pay silly wages.

You only have to look at Aberdeen and across town to the Yambos to see what happens when a club pays silly wages :greengrin

Andy74
13-05-2010, 08:10 AM

Who'd have thought we'd have been able to afford Miller and Stokes?

It's entirely possible that we could work out deals for all sorts of players that are being discussed.

bingo70
13-05-2010, 08:13 AM
lighten up it's just a bit of fun

I actually agree with the OP, these threads...... "could so and so do a job for us?" are a complete waste of time as it's normally someone ***** or someone completely unrealistic.

Same with the pointless football rumours threads, they're pish anaw.

And yes, i know i definately need to lighten up :greengrin

bingo70
13-05-2010, 08:15 AM

It's entirely possible that we could work out deals for all sorts of players that are being discussed.

You've no seen some of the names mentioned on the private members board transfer speculation thread :greengrin

sambajustice
13-05-2010, 08:38 AM

We'll be minted (no pun intended) after the that end to the season!! That'll also be why John Hughes was cheesing at the end of the 6-6 game so we didnt have to pay out a win bonus.

We were obviously winning too many games at the start of the season so the Tache ordered hughes to start acting incompetant, playing stupid formations, playing players out of position and generally acting as if he didnt have a clue how to manage a team so that we started losing games and he didnt have to keep shelling out win bonuses!

The funds for the new stand must've been under threat if we kept on winning games!!

PETRIE!!! :grr::grr::grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I think that a lot of guff has appeared in newspapers over the last few years about how much we pay. Usually from journo's that are too busy scratching their erchies to find a decent story. You would think that we were worst paying team in the league, but it is inconceivable that any team in the bottom six come anywhere near what we pay. The numbers can't add up. As for the top six, well you can take Celgers and Rantic out of the arguement and as for Hearts? It's up them to bankrupt the club if that is what they need to do to finish seventh. Post administration, Motherwell can't possibly be paying huge money either. I think we pay what we can afford to pay, and at least players know that their contracts will be paid in full.

Beefster
13-05-2010, 08:46 AM

The standard of player we can attract has obviously increased in the last year or two. However, there's a difference between Miller and Stokes, one of whom was unemployed and the other having failed to make any dent whatsoever in a Premiership squad, and the likes of Caldwell and Novo, one who played about half of his team's games in the Premiership this season and the other who will be leaving the SPL champions and is likely to have several offers from England and Spain.

Captain Trips
13-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Its needs must for some players no matter how much we think they might earn. Stokes is a great example. I have no doubt he has taken a drop in basic wage to come here. I believe some deals are not all about basic wage but also about cuts of transfer fees etc.

Stokes has had to look at the situation and has realised if he wants more money he has to perhaps play for less in order to get another move, Miller may also be in that envelope.

Hibs can easily bring in a player whom is currently earning a lot of money if the deal is structured correctly, I would not rule out some of the more ambitious targets based on weeky wage alone.

RIP
13-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Is it anyone's business how much you earn?

Nah - didnae think so!

The reason why Hibs don't talk about any players wages is because it's nobody's business but the club and the player

bighairyfaeleith
13-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Is it anyone's business how much you earn?

Nah - didnae think so!

The reason why Hibs don't talk about any players wages is because it's nobody's business but the club and the player

It also means players we are talking to can say such and such earns x amount so i want this much

Andy74
13-05-2010, 09:39 AM
The standard of player we can attract has obviously increased in the last year or two. However, there's a difference between Miller and Stokes, one of whom was unemployed and the other having failed to make any dent whatsoever in a Premiership squad, and the likes of Caldwell and Novo, one who played about half of his team's games in the Premiership this season and the other who will be leaving the SPL champions and is likely to have several offers from England and Spain.

Eh?

Take Novo and Stokes - there is no comparison. Novo would never get any sort of offer to kick a ball in the EPL and is now at the tail end of his career and would probbaly struggle to get a game with us.

Stokes is a young international who has been with 2 EPL sides and has been among the top scorers in the SPL.

If none were with us and you asked me which one it would be easier to get it would be Novo.

Caldwell and Miller - they must have played a reasonably comparable amount of games in the EPL. Miller with Man U and Sunderland, Caldwell with Burnley.

Miller at Sunderland was not out of place in the EPL until he had a falling out with the manager.

Caldwell was hardly one of the better EPL defender and his team have no real place in the EPL. And he's been emptied now that they are in an even lower division.

So, I don't see the difference at all, I think Caldwell will have better offers but I don't think it is completely unreasonable to discuss whether it could be done.

Again if none were with us I could make more of an argument for manging to sign Caldwell.

If Miller was the target you'd have been telling me Celtic didn't want to lose him, he has played for Man U and Sunderland, played in the Champions League and a top end Championship team and that there would be a list of championship teams after him.

DC_Hibs
13-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Eh?

Take Novo and Stokes - there is no comparison. Novo would never get any sort of offer to kick a ball in the EPL and is now at the tail end of his career and would probbaly struggle to get a game with us.

Stokes is a young international who has been with 2 EPL sides and has been among the top scorers in the SPL.

If none were with us and you asked me which one it would be easier to get it would be Novo.

Caldwell and Miller - they must have played a reasonably comparable amount of games in the EPL. Miller with Man U and Sunderland, Caldwell with Burnley.

Miller at Sunderland was not out of place in the EPL until he had a falling out with the manager.

Caldwell was hardly one of the better EPL defender and his team have no real place in the EPL. And he's been emptied now that they are in an even lower division.

So, I don't see the difference at all, I think Caldwell will have better offers but I don't think it is completely unreasonable to discuss whether it could be done.

Again if none were with us I could make more of an argument for manging to sign Caldwell.

If Miller was the target you'd have been telling me Celtic didn't want to lose him, he has played for Man U and Sunderland, played in the Champions League and a top end Championship team and that there would be a list of championship teams after him.

Rubbish.

This is about Stokes at this point last summer who had done nowt at Palace on loan and had so many options that Hibs got him. Novo will have considerably more offers this summer (championship and abroad) than Stokes did and as a result can command higher wages than we can offer.

Miller - released by QPR and phoned Hibs to ask for a chance which I feel is safe to assume that there wasn't much else on offer.

Note to others - this is not about either Hibs players ability, it's about comparing the competition to sign players and wages that can be expected as Andy(The Knowledge)74's quoted post clearly states.

At this time, I would take Stokes over Novo also and believe that Caldwell is a big carthorse but we would have next to no chance of signing Novo or Caldwell.

Andy74
13-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Rubbish.

This is about Stokes at this point last summer who had done nowt at Palace on loan and had so many options that Hibs got him. Novo will have considerably more offers this summer (championship and abroad) than Stokes did and as a result can command higher wages than we can offer.

Miller - released by QPR and phoned Hibs to ask for a chance which I feel is safe to assume that there wasn't much else on offer.

Note to others - this is not about either Hibs players ability, it's about comparing the competition to sign players and wages that can be expected as Andy(The Knowledge)74's quoted post clearly states.

At this time, I would take Stokes over Novo also and believe that Caldwell is a big carthorse but we would have next to no chance of signing Novo or Caldwell.

Novo won't get a better team than Hibs.

Stokes last year got a deal at Hibs.

Caldwell I do think will get a decent offer and better than us but discussing it is no more ridiculous than discussing Liam Miller was last year. There are actually threads around with discussions like this about Miller saying no chance on wages. Yes he did call us but he also had offer elsewhere but thought he would enjoy it here.

IWasThere2016
13-05-2010, 10:38 AM

:agree: They are both at Hibs for a reason ..

I was told week before last that Novo's done a deal with 'Boro