PDA

View Full Version : Middlesbrough After Bamba?

BADBOYHIBBY
12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/middlesbrough_join_race_for_hibs_defender_sol_bamb a_rss779753.shtml (http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/middlesbrough_join_race_for_hibs_defender_sol_bamb a_rss779753.shtml)

seanraff07
12-05-2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/middlesbrough_join_race_for_hibs_defender_sol_bamb a_rss779753.shtml (http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/middlesbrough_join_race_for_hibs_defender_sol_bamb a_rss779753.shtml)

Knowing Boro's recent reputation for signing SPL players, this could be true.

Bob Box Fish
12-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Must be desperate for centre halfs even killen had a stint there.

PeterboroHibee
12-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Boro have been linked with nearly every SPL player recently who could be getting a summer move. Sounds more like lazy journalism, Strachan was in the SPL so must want every player there.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2010, 08:22 PM
He wont go there, bigger clubs than them will be interested.

Hibernian Verse
12-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Got to love how so many clubs are after him.

May the bidding war begin :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
12-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Bamba nets the winner against Brazil.....his value will be £6m :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
13-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Bamba nets the winner against Brazil.....his value will be £6m :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bamba gets run ragged by Kaka and his valuation will be 600k:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
13-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Hope bamba has a good world cup :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
13-05-2010, 02:45 PM

Plenty players have been run ragged by kaka and are still worth a fortune.

Hibercelona
13-05-2010, 02:48 PM

Kakas no match for Bambas "physical" presence. :wink:

Aldo
13-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Put it this way if the boy Wilson is signed for 3 million for his potential then Bamba must be worth at least 4 million for being a full international at the very least. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
13-05-2010, 04:45 PM
plenty players have been run ragged by kaka and are still worth a fortune.

whoooooooooossshhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pedantic_Hibee
13-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I noticed that on FourFourTwo's compilation of the World Cup squads that Bamba was labelled a "liability".

I'm guessing the journalist was either Oscar Lomax or a raving drunk.

Sol Bamba is God. Simples.

nil7
13-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I noticed that on FourFourTwo's compilation of the World Cup squads that Bamba was labelled a "liability".

That would be on the back of his two glaring mistakes which cost IC the game in the African Nations

PeterboroHibee
13-05-2010, 09:06 PM
That would be on the back of his two glaring mistakes which cost IC the game in the African Nations

Rubbish, Ivory Coast were terrible in that tournament. Bamba may have made a few mistakes but the entire team just did not look interested and were frankly lucky to get to where they did.

They have enough talent to have at least got to the finals, but had a lazy and far too casual approach which cost them.

CallumLaidlaw
14-05-2010, 06:33 AM

:agree:

If he plays to his best, he will shine at the world cup!!

And to be honest, unless we get silly bids in for him, I'd rather we tried to keep him

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-05-2010, 06:53 AM
But say he has a stormer of a world cup, what do we do if he comes back and wants to play at a higher level than the SPL next season, but the mega bids do not come in? What we want may not come into it and we do have a history (good or bad?) of not keeping players that don't want to stay. I have to say that when you look at the deal that we did with the Pars to get him in the first place , peanuts and a sell-on clause, the plan has always been to sell him while he is under contract.

seanraff07
14-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Rubbish, Ivory Coast were terrible in that tournament. Bamba may have made a few mistakes but the entire team just did not look interested and were frankly lucky to get to where they did.

They have enough talent to have at least got to the finals, but had a lazy and far too casual approach which cost them.

Probably partly to do with receiving death threats aswell which surely put them off slightly. I think IC will do well at the WC.