PDA

View Full Version : Question Released

Jonnyboy
12-05-2010, 02:37 PM
In the past, Hibs and other clubs have always announced at the end of a season which players are being released/made available for transfer.

I've not seen anything of that ilk yet - have I missed it?

A wee article on the Scottish news the other night has prompted the question. Essentially they filmed a training camp where youngsters released by their clubs could put themselves in the shop window as well as being given advice on what to do next. The players all seemed to be wearing their own club training kit and I could swear I saw a couple that looked like they might be from Hibs.

MacBean
12-05-2010, 02:49 PM
In the past, Hibs and other clubs have always announced at the end of a season which players are being released/made available for transfer.

I've not seen anything of that ilk yet - have I missed it?

A wee article on the Scottish news the other night has prompted the question. Essentially they filmed a training camp where youngsters released by their clubs could put themselves in the shop window as well as being given advice on what to do next. The players all seemed to be wearing their own club training kit and I could swear I saw a couple that looked like they might be from Hibs.

was this the thing that involved Ally McCoist?!

I think they took on a large bunch of young guys mostly under 19s to get them to go to other teams and see if they still had a future in the game. Its quite eye opening the amount of players that get punted by these teams every season and it must be heart wrenching for some.

There were more than a handful from Hibs, one of which has now found himself on trial alongside my Brother at Centre half at East Stirling

Jonnyboy
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
was this the thing that involved Ally McCoist?!

I think they took on a large bunch of young guys mostly under 19s to get them to go to other teams and see if they still had a future in the game. Its quite eye opening the amount of players that get punted by these teams every season and it must be heart wrenching for some.

There were more than a handful from Hibs, one of which has now found himself on trial alongside my Brother at Centre half at East Stirling

Think it might have been that one aye

Who's the player now at East Stirling?

MacBean
13-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Think it might have been that one aye

Who's the player now at East Stirling?

I didnt catch his name, however my bro said he had an english twang!? any ideas?

.Sean.
13-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I didnt catch his name, however my bro said he had an english twang!? any ideas?

Matty Welch?

Franck is God
13-05-2010, 11:28 AM
It must be very hard for the coaching staff to let these guys go, not all players develop by the time they are 19 although I suppose the experiences of the coach's and their judgement has to be relied upon on these occasions. Certainly in recent years there haven't been many to go on to bigger and better things after being released from Hibs.

There will I'm sure be players leaving ER in the summer but as Yogi said all contract talks were off the table until the season was over I can't see a major announcement until they all come back from holidays.

MacBean
13-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Matty Welch?

could well be, pretty tall guy for his age around 6 ft. blonde ****gy hair!? thats all i could really say without asking my bro what his name was - which i will do in due course lol

Pedantic_Hibee
13-05-2010, 08:47 PM
could well be, pretty tall guy for his age around 6 ft. blonde ****gy hair!? thats all i could really say without asking my bro what his name was - which i will do in due course lol

Boris Johnson :agree: