PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldinho left out of Brazil squad

seanraff07
12-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Bit of a surprise despite not beingas good now, anyone else aware of any big names who have been left out of their country's WC squad?

MussiHibee
12-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Nasri for France

ski1875
12-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Adriano aswell. bit gutted for ronnie he's actually been playin not too bad recently showing glimpses of his former self. he's 30 his wc dreams are more than likely over.

Allant1981
12-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Adriano aswell. bit gutted for ronnie he's actually been playin not too bad recently showing glimpses of his former self. he's 30 his wc dreams are more than likely over.

Pato from Milan has been left out also. Think Hogg has been left out the England squad as well for some reason:greengrin

seanraff07
12-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Pato from Milan has been left out also. Think Hogg has been left out the England squad as well for some reason:greengrin

Big Rob must be denying him a chance at CB.:wink:

PeterboroHibee
12-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Nasri for France

Im so gutted that Nasri and Ronaldinho have been left out.

Ronaldinho especially as he is such an amazing player to watch, but both on their day are class.

Hes a lot better than Robinho as well imo...

M11BMO
12-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Benzema has been left out of the France squad also.

Cambiasso isn't in the Argentina squad.

Van Nistelrooy isn't in the Holland squad either.

Simpson
12-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Cafu for brazil, and Rivaldo :grr:
:greengrin

iwasthere1972
12-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Nade for France.

lapsedhibee
12-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Nade for France.

Won't he be in the Hearts squad though? :confused:

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Pato and neymar should be in the brazil sqaud IMO both cracking young talents and neymar isnt realy a big name so people would'nt much about him makeing a secret wepon.

Cambiasso is alot better than mascherano and should defo be in there squad.

Also totti should be in the italy squad as he is still class.

HibeeBigFly
12-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Pato and neymar should be in the brazil sqaud IMO both cracking young talents and neymar isnt realy a big name so people would'nt much about him makeing a secret wepon.

Reckon Neymar would be a good shout for golden boot in4 years time in brazil and cant understand diego leaving out Riquelme and Cambiasso.:confused:

heidtheba
12-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Viera has been left out too IIRC
Andy Driver

.Sean.
12-05-2010, 05:10 PM

Didn't Totti retire form the international scene?

The Green Goblin
12-05-2010, 07:40 PM

Neymar has been left out because he`s a self-important, cocky young party boy. That side of him is not often reported, least of all here, at least not in the media. Loves to show his face around Sao Paulo and thinks he`s much better than he is. A few goals in the Paulista championship wouldn`t be worth much when he came up against the likes of Puyol or another La Liga/Serie A hardened defender who would brush him aside like an elephant swatting a fly. He simply hasn`t proved himself at all.

Robinho hasn`t set the league on fire this year, but the one thing he has been is a dedicated and dangerous team player for Santos. People are counting his goals tally instead of his work ethic and overall contribution, which, in the crucial/big/make-or-break games this season, has always tipped things in favour of Santos. Arguably his arrival began the ascendency of Santos this season, which resulted in them eventually winning the Championship (I was at the final a couple of weeks back).

Adriano - had a terrific season and still a good pick for any world cup squad, but what can you say about a man who, on the eve of the squad being announced, decided to simply not turn up to training for Flamengo because he fancied doing something else? What an idiot. If Dunga is about anything, he`s about team not superstars expecting everything on a plate because of who they are, because they think they are owed something. Adriano shouldn`t really have been surprised.

And there is an arrogance about one or two of these players which would have them shot down in flames for their attitude of entitlement were they from other countries. What is different about this current Brazil side as opposed to some of the Brazil squads of recent times, is the way they play as a team rather than hanging all their hopes on one or two individuals to muddy them through. With that in mind, I might have expected Ronaldinho to make it in, even as a great player to have in your squad - experience and skill, even if he`s not the player he was a few years ago.

There are some strange picks too - Kleberson for one. Personally, I`m not sure what he`s doing in there, but Dunga is his own man. He`s come through some steep learning curves and I think he`s doing okay. Brazil will be there or thereabouts.

GG

Nakedmanoncrack
12-05-2010, 07:44 PM

No Zanetti, Cambiasso or Milito, but room for two Newcastle Utd players in the Argentina squad.:confused:

Hibernian Verse
Jamie Mole's been left out the England squad. Palazuelos and Suso didn't make Spain.

MWHIBBIES
Reckon Neymar would be a good shout for golden boot in4 years time in brazil and cant understand diego leaving out Riquelme and Cambiasso.:confused:Riquelme is retired from international

Totti said he would come back if picked.

DH1875

He did but arrogant twat thought he would come out of retirement for a we jont to the world cup. Clad to see Italy didn't pick him unlike england who have let carriger walce back in, bang out of order.

Pretty disapointed in both Brazil and Argentinas squads to be honest.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
No Zanetti, Cambiasso or Milito, but room for two Newcastle Utd players in the Argentina squad.:confused:Yeh i think maradona is on the drugs again.

seanraff07
12-05-2010, 07:46 PM
No Zanetti, Cambiasso or Milito, but room for two Newcastle Utd players in the Argentina squad.:confused:

I'm a Newcastle fan but, it's poor decisions like that which make Maradona a pish manager IMO.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Neymar has been left out because he`s a self-important, cocky young party boy. That side of him is not often reported, least of all here, at least not in the media. Loves to show his face around Sao Paulo and thinks he`s much better than he is. A few goals in the Paulista championship wouldn`t be worth much when he came up against the likes of Puyol or another La Liga/Serie A hardened defender who would brush him aside like an elephant swatting a fly. He simply hasn`t proved himself at all.

Robinho hasn`t set the league on fire this year, but the one thing he has been is a dedicated and dangerous team player for Santos. People are counting his goals tally instead of his work ethic and overall contribution, which, in the crucial/big/make-or-break games this season, has always tipped things in favour of Santos. Arguably his arrival began the ascendency of Santos this season, which resulted in them eventually winning the Championship (I was at the final a couple of weeks back).

Adriano - had a terrific season and still a good pick for any world cup squad, but what can you say about a man who, on the eve of the squad being announced, decided to simply not turn up to training for Flamengo because he fancied doing something else? What an idiot. If Dunga is about anything, he`s about team not superstars expecting everything on a plate because of who they are, because they think they are owed something. Adriano shouldn`t really have been surprised.

And there is an arrogance about one or two of these players which would have them shot down in flames for their attitude of entitlement were they from other countries. What is different about this current Brazil side as opposed to some of the Brazil squads of recent times, is the way they play as a team rather than hanging all their hopes on one or two individuals to muddy them through. With that in mind, I might have expected Ronaldinho to make it in, even as a great player to have in your squad - experience and skill, even if he`s not the player he was a few years ago.

There are some strange picks too - Kleberson for one. Personally, I`m not sure what he`s doing in there, but Dunga is his own man. He`s come through some steep learning curves and I think he`s doing okay. Brazil will be there or thereabouts.

GG
:faf:
I didnt actualy realise he was a brazilian riordan,i was just going by what i have seen of him and how brazil pick players that are doing well in brazil as well as the big countries.

The Green Goblin
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
:faf:
I didnt actualy realise he was a brazilian riordan,i was just going by what i have seen of him and how brazil pick players that are doing well in brazil as well as the big countries.

DH1875
12-05-2010, 08:28 PM

He has def lost the plot. Has he not been playing Palermo up front in recent games?

Al_Bundy
12-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Hey, would you happen to know if Liverpool's Lucas is highly thought of in Brazil? It feels like i am the only person in the UK who actually rates him.

My heart wants Italy to win it but my head says Brazil.

steviecarnie
12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Milito
Which one?

hibeemikey21
12-05-2010, 09:22 PM
He has def lost the plot. Has he not been playing Palermo up front in recent games?

I cannot believe Zanetti and Cambiasso were left out! Those two would have been first XI players for most other national side. Zanetti in particular-he had Messi in his back pocket in the Champs League ties this year and cannot be deemed "past it". Not many others can claim to have done the same.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Which one?
Gabriel Milito (Barcelona) not included, brother Diego (Inter) is.

The Green Goblin
13-05-2010, 03:18 AM
Hey, would you happen to know if Liverpool's Lucas is highly thought of in Brazil? It feels like i am the only person in the UK who actually rates him.

My heart wants Italy to win it but my head says Brazil.

Hi Al. To be honest, he`s not a player you ever hear anything about over here. ESPN and local TV channels are excellent at always showing Premiership games, several of them, every weekend, (along with the best games from just about every league worth watching: Spain/Italy/Germany/France - as you might guess, the demand for accessible football is enormous here, which is great news for the likes of me :greengrin), but Lucas has never really featured, either in interviews, or studio punters` chat or the flash animation promos to advertise games. Liverpool are on often enough, as are Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and so on, so I guess they say something about him, because he`s Brazilian, but not that much. I suppose reading between the lines, that means he`s somewhat overlooked or not too high up in the public`s thoughts. I`ll post again if I hear otherwise though. :agree:

GG