PDA

View Full Version : euro travel

Lmc2105
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Out of curiosity people!:greengrin

when we go to europe next season how many people you think would find it intresting enough to be on a bus instead of a plane

ino for a lot of people well the majority it's a no brainer to fly!
but would be intresting to see how many wild people we have on here who would be willing to go by coach!(on the Edinburgh & Livingston VENGA BUS!):wink: not all people like flying :cool2:

Pending on location of course!!

:notworthy:

Allant1981
12-05-2010, 12:04 PM
bus trip would be pretty good if it was a decent bunch of people, only takes a couple of fan dangs to make it an annoying trip. think ill be taking the plane though. hopefully we are abroad on the 28th of july as its my wedding anniversary and that will be her prezzie, she wasnt very pleased when i told her!

cwilliamson85
12-05-2010, 12:08 PM
done a few bus trips for Scotland trips and they are usally good. As said before though. Only takes one idiot to ruin the bus trip and if there is a fight on board all hell brakes loose.

Lmc2105
12-05-2010, 12:09 PM
bus trip would be pretty good if it was a decent bunch of people, only takes a couple of fan dangs to make it an annoying trip. think ill be taking the plane though. hopefully we are abroad on the 28th of july as its my wedding anniversary and that will be her prezzie, she wasnt very pleased when i told her!

We have a great crowd and it would be very enjoyable experience :thumbsup:
am sure a few people on here would agree with me ( i hope)
Gramo Newhaven help!! :greengrin

1two
12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I would but depends on the draw.

If we got Dnipro or someone like that we would have to leave now to get there for the match so i'd give that a miss but this side of europe would be good.
In saying that if its western europe it may work out cheaper getting a cheap flight to somewhere and getting a train for the rest of the journey.

Calvin
12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't mind the concept of a bus trip but the extra time it takes is a pain, doubt I would get the time off work.

Boris
12-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Did a couple of European trips by bus back in the 70's - Sochaux & Racing Strasbourg. Only France but never, ever again under any circumstances! Mind you, buses do have toilets these days (beats peein into a can & chucking it out the skylight) & the old St Giles Brigade (it was either their bus or they were the main cause of any mayhem) are all a lot older if not wiser..........:greengrin

RIP
12-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Did a couple of European trips by bus back in the 70's - Sochaux & Racing Strasbourg. Only France but never, ever again under any circumstances! Mind you, buses do have toilets these days (beats peein into a can & chucking it out the skylight) & the old St Giles Brigade (it was either their bus or they were the main cause of any mayhem) are all a lot older if not wiser..........:greengrin

and fatter!!:greengrin

I'd need two seats for my erchie these days:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2010, 01:16 PM

Agreed Jim, I went to both Liege and Anderlecht by bus and i hated it..... Stuck on a sweaty smelly bus for hours on end, nowhere to wash freshen up etc....

Give me a flight any day of the week........

DirtyDeeds
12-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Having bussed it last year for Holland v Scotland, I'm never subjecting myself to that kind of torture again!!! Couldnt get a wink of sleep on the journey there or back, needless to say i was a wreck for a few days. Nothing to do with the 4 days in Amsterdam either........

basehibby
12-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Out of curiosity people!:greengrin

when we go to europe next season how many people you think would find it intresting enough to be on a bus instead of a plane

ino for a lot of people well the majority it's a no brainer to fly!
but would be intresting to see how many wild people we have on here who would be willing to go by coach!(on the Edinburgh & Livingston VENGA BUS!):wink: not all people like flying :cool2:

Pending on location of course!!

:notworthy:

You've been watchin too many Cliff Richard films :bitchy:

Thomson1875
12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
id be up for it , would be something different.

What are the chances of you taking a bus to Europe?

mind you would take some time via bus .

are you actualy considering taking one depending on where about it is & interest?

heretoday
12-05-2010, 01:38 PM
My god I used to join a bus that left from ER back in the 70s. It was usually touch and go whether we'd make it to Dundee and back in one piece.

The thought of going to Albania on a Hibs bus fills me with horror!

Jack
12-05-2010, 03:00 PM
So long as I can have the Cliff Richards role :eyes:

A lot of folk have already said how bloody awful previous trips were but I’d be up for it!:thumbsup:

:partyhibb We’re all going on a Hibeeeeeeeeee holideeeeeeeeeee:woohoo:

Boris
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
and fatter!!:greengrin

I'd need two seats for my erchie these days:greengrin

I canni say anythin on that front - I'd need to park mine on the back seat to get enough room......:rolleyes: