hibee92
11-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Did one of these in January

Who do you want in? And out?

BE REALISTIC :agree:

seanraff07
11-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Out:

One of the keepers(undecided which one yet)
Gow
Benji
Cregg
Stevenson
Hogg

In:

Hart
Arfield
a DM player
a CB

PeterboroHibee
11-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Out -

2 keepers (Smith and undecided)
McCormack
Hogg
Stevenson
Benji
Gow

and probably Zemmama and Bamba getting moves.

In -

RB
LB
2x CBs
CM (someone whos going to really boss the midfield)
LM
Maybe a striker

We only have one true full back at the club (who is always injured tbf), it has to be addressed. Even if only one of each are brought in, you can still cover occasionaly with the players we have (eg Murray and Wotherspoon) but its the most important area in my opinion.

Liam89
11-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Out:

One of the keepers(also undecided which one)
Gow
Benji
Mccormack
Stevenson
Hogg

In:
Richard Keogh
Michael Hart
Scott Arfield
Garry O'Connor
Zander Diamond

Gatecrasher
11-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Out:

maka
benji
gow
bamba
cregg

in:
rb
cb
mc

don't know who though

Cocaine&Caviar
11-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Out:

Maka
Smith
McCormack
McCann (on loan)
Stevenson (on loan)
Bamba (sold)
Cregg
Gow
Benji

In:

Right Back (Hart? Gray?)
Dominant Centre Back
Mulgrew (Murray into Dm)
Natural left winger
Target man striker (Kyle/GoC)

Also, Griffiths if one of Stokes or Deeks if moved on, seems a great fit to the club.

rennie_hfc
11-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Out:

Maka
Thicot
Cregg
McCormack
Gow
Stevenson

Bamba, Benji and Zemamma will probably leave aswell although I don't want them to.

In:
Stewart (unsure)
O'Connor
Stevie Smith
Right back
Russel Anderson
Arfield

eastmainsmsh
11-05-2010, 06:20 PM
ins

Alan Combe
stevie smith
mikey stewart
christian dailly please dinny laugh his experience is superb he is premiership class / was great for scotland look at davy weir

lee trundle
sean thornton
michael hart
zander diamond
michael duberry

Sloppy
11-05-2010, 07:24 PM
out:
smith
cregg
gow
benji
mccormack

in:
mulgrew
hart
o'connor
jody morris
2 new centre halfs

18/03/07
11-05-2010, 07:39 PM
out
Maka
Cregg
Benji
Hogg(it hurts but time to go)
Gow(i know he is only on loan but gtf)

in
S.Artfield
R.Anderson
G.O'conner
Tauill(killie)

Don't want
Kyle
Mulgrew
Diamond

Aldo
11-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Out:

Maka
Thicot
Cregg
McCormack
Gow
Stevenson

Bamba, Benji and Zemamma will probably leave aswell although I don't want them to.

In:
Stewart (unsure) :agree::thumbsup:
O'Connor :thumbsup::agree:
Stevie Smith Nae chance..off to Championship
Right back
Russel Anderson Signed new contract a Derby a few weeks ago
Arfield :thumbsup::agree:

the above along with the boy Keogh, Hart for RB and Possibly another DM MF in the shape of Paul Hartley (Been told about this earlier in week and may or may not happen)... He wants to move back to Scotland (apparantly as he misses his family)......Dont shot the messenger.

I would take those players to replace the missing ones. Would be excellent replacements IMHO.

:agree:

rennie_hfc
11-05-2010, 09:10 PM
:thumbsup::agree:

the above along with the boy Keogh, Hart for RB and Possibly another DM MF in the shape of Paul Hartley (Been told about this earlier in week and may or may not happen)... He wants to move back to Scotland (apparantly as he misses his family)......Dont shot the messenger.

I would take those players to replace the missing ones. Would be excellent replacements IMHO.

:agree:

Didn't know Anderson had signed up at derby. That Keogh guy sounds like a decent player and still pretty young. Imagine having hartley and stewart centre mid ha

MoscowHibs
11-05-2010, 09:16 PM
OOT:
Maka
Cregg
McCormack
Gow
Stevenson
Benji ( Sadly )
Smith

IN:
Hart or McLean-Falkirk
Griffiths
Gardyne
GOC
Good CH
Arfield

MrSmith
11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I'd rather we kept Maka and Brown instead of Smith and Stack!

yekimevol
11-05-2010, 09:31 PM
out
stack
smith
cregg
stevenson
gow

Maybes
nish (scored 5 very important goals but before them it was not a good season for him)
mccormack (if he was to be counted as a center back and not a right back)

in
kyle
dorman
2 center backs
2 big defencive midfielders
3 wide midfielders
one other big striker if colin was to leave

sauzee=legend
11-05-2010, 10:11 PM
David murphy on loan for left back?

Andy74
12-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd be pleased enough if we got:

Keogh or Hart
Duberry
Dailly
Arfield
Kyle

HibeeMcGinn1
12-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Most people on here want to get rid of 1 or 2 keepers but with yogi having goalkeeping school in mind I dont think hel get rid of any (possibly maka on loan). Gow is a good player and with a pre-season with the squad I think hed settle in well. I think Bamba will be away as with Zouma but hopefully not. Id love to see GoC back but its the wages that will stop it I think. David Gray from Man Utd and a no nonsence centre half aswell please tache.

seanraff07
12-05-2010, 11:23 AM
David murphy on loan for left back?

If he can recover from injury, definitely yes.

Bad Martini
12-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Out....ah, better no say it :devil:

In......anyone who is actually a "real" goalkeeper; the dictionary definition doth state:
"In many team sports, a goalkeeper (termed goaltender, netminder, goalie, or keeper in some sports) is a designated player that is charged with directly preventing the opposite team from scoring by defending the goal."

Quite simple isn't it? :greengrin

Let's have NAE MAIR forwards, and if we ARE in the business offloading, adios Benji and Gow.

As ah sais, these things onlllyy ever lead to arguments tho so, am bailing :devil: :stirrer:

Sandy
12-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Most people on here want to get rid of 1 or 2 keepers but with yogi having goalkeeping school in mind I dont think hel get rid of any (possibly maka on loan). Gow is a good player and with a pre-season with the squad I think hed settle in well. I think Bamba will be away as with Zouma but hopefully not. Id love to see GoC back but its the wages that will stop it I think. David Gray from Man Utd and a no nonsence centre half aswell please tache.

Maka's contract is up in the summer.

Franck is God
12-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Realistic departures and arrivals that would please me this summer or at least wouldn't disappoint me.

Outs

Stack (I don't rate him at all - sorry)
Stevenson (not fulfilled early potential but hope he does somewhere else)
Cregg (had a year)
Currie (has talent but might need to start at a lower level)
Bamba (would like him to stay but see him going)

Arrivals

Stevie Smith (free from Rangers)
Paul Caddis (Sellick)
Michael Stewart (unlikely but would happily have him back)
Scott Arfield
Alan Gow

Would leave our squad looking like this.

GK - Maka, Brown, Smith, Flyn
DF - McCann, Caddis, Hogg, McCormack, Thicot, Hanlon, Murray, Smith, Booth, Moyes
MF - Zemmama, Wotherspoon, McBride, Stewart, Arfield, Rankin, Miller, Galbraith, Welsh
ST - Stokes, Riordan, Nish, Benji, Gow, Byrne

More than strong enough to push for third in my opinion.

Allant1981
12-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Out
Maka
Smith
Hogg
Cregg
Rankin
McCormack
McCann
Gow
Benji
Zemmama - only because he is always injured
Nish
Byrne - on loan to someone half decent

In
new RB
new LB - possibly murphy if we could afford the wages
New CH x2 only 1 if we keep Bamba
New LM - New CM - a miller type player
New Striker maybe x2 - one who can hold the ball up for stokes or deek

allezsauzee
12-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I think the calls for Hogg to be binned are frankly ridiculous. He's had a thankless task in trying to keep the defence together. Wotherspoon is not a natural defender, Bamba is extremely unpredictable and the team is full of players that dont do much defensively. I think if we gave a Thicot a run in the team at RB he'd be solid with Wotherspoon pushed further up. Hoggy could then concentrate on his partnership with Hanlon. I would also like to see us keep Smith in goals. I think he's a good keeper, if we get rid of a keeper every time he has a couple of 'iffy' games then we'll never have anyone on goals for any length of time. Even Roughie, Goram and Leighton had a few bad games.

Franck is God
12-05-2010, 12:04 PM
I think the calls for Hogg to be binned are frankly ridiculous. He's had a thankless task in trying to keep the defence together. Wotherspoon is not a natural defender, Bamba is extremely unpredictable and the team is full of players that dont do much defensively. I think if we gave a Thicot a run in the team at RB he'd be solid with Wotherspoon pushed further up. Hoggy could then concentrate on his partnership with Hanlon. I would also like to see us keep Smith in goals. I think he's a good keeper, if we get rid of a keeper every time he has a couple of 'iffy' games then we'll never have anyone on goals for any length of time. Even Roughie, Goram and Leighton had a few bad games.

Agree with all of that apart from Thicot at right back, perhaps in an emergency he's good to have but the guy is a centre half or at a stretch a defensive midfielder.

Also anyone hoping for 10+ players to leave will be very disappointed, maybe a few 'squad' players might leave but only if they are out of contract and Yogi decides they are not part of his future plans, they are unlikely to be a big loss. Of contracted players I only expect Bamba to go.

West Upper
12-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Out
Maka
Stack
Gow
Cregg
Benji
Stevenson - On Loan
Byrne - On Loan
McCormack - On Loan

In
Arfield
Gardyne
Hart
O'Connor
McArthur

Holmesdale Hibs
12-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Out

Maka
Cregg
McCormack
McCann - on loan
Benji
Byrne - on loan
Stevenson

In

Russel Anderson
Steven Caldwell
Andy Dorman
GoC/Nacho Novo
Zander Diamond

3pm
12-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I'd bin the 4 out of contract / loan expired - Makalamby, Cregg, Benji and Gow.

I think Hogg has been here too long. Some of the abuse he gets is OTT but I think he needs a change. I'd tell McCormack and Stevenson they are no longer required.

If Barnsley come calling with £200k for Nish, he can leave. Similarly, if there was a decent fee offered for Zemmama, he can go to - here too long and the inconsistency is still there.

One of the GK's need to go as well. I'd punt Stack.

In - I expect at least 6.

Hibs On Tour
12-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Some good thoughts there...

Out:

Bamba - be surprised if he's still here come next season
Smith
Maka
Benji
Byrne - loan
Stevenson
McCormack
Cregg
Currie - loan

In:
LB - why not Murphy? Doesn't seem to be getting game down there - 100% good enough for us and frees up Murray for Midfield
CH - this boy Keogh we're rumoured to be in for sounds good - partnered with perhaps Hanlon/Thicot/even Hogg [*if* he gets some form back]
RB - 100% def need someone in for this position with McCann as deputy
CM - tackler, calm head, simple pass - could be Murray if freed up?
STK - *if* we keep hold of our existing forwards I don't see an enormous need for more, although possibly a Killen-type target man?

Need to keep despite any interest:
Stokes
Riordan
Wotherspoon

Make or break season for:
Hogg
Zemamma
possibly McCann
Gow [realise he was only here on loan - you know what I mean]
Galbraith

Anyone not mentioned I'd be looking to keep.

Ronaldo9
12-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for all those who want McCormack binned, he's apparently been offered a new 1 year contract

TheMentalHibees
12-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Out of interest, what does everybody see in Kyle?

Andy74
12-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Out of interest, what does everybody see in Kyle?

I read the match report for his game at the weekend and it mentioned that he was outstanding.

For me he is totally differne to Nish.

I see him being aggressive, winning balls in the air, holding it up, bringing others in to play and being a huge threat at crosses and corners.

He's being playing with an injury that Killie wouldn't pay to get treated and still been a key player for them.

In a team with better players around him I think he could be a real stand out in this league.

I'd take him in a second. There might be some wet nights in the Highlands where we'd play him and Nish up front together!

Stevie Reid
12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
I read the match report for his game at the weekend and it mentioned that he was outstanding.

I see him being aggressive, winning balls in the air, holding it up, bringing others in to play and being a huge threat at crosses and corners.

He's being playing with an injury that Killie wouldn't pay to get treated and still been a key player for them.

In a team with better players around him I think he could be a real stand out in this league.

I'd take him in a second. There might be some wet nights in the Highlands where we'd play him and Nish up front together!

Very much agree with this - Kyle is a true target man, who takes the physical abuse to create opportunities for other strikers and bring midfielders/wide men into play. Kyle is an integral part of our plan A, but also vital to plan B - he has obvious defensive qualities as well.

Despite him being perceived as one, anyone who watches Hibs can see that Nish is not the physical presence up front that we need (though he does win his fair share of headers when defending our own penalty area), and is more likely to benefit from playing alongside a more physical presence himself. The vast majority of his Hibs goals have been like his 5 last week, penalty box predator stuff, due to good positional sense - he doesn't always catch them the sweetest, but when you hit the target you give the goalkeeper problems (as we well know).

It's also no coincidence that the last 2 games of the season were the first time in ages that we got in behind teams consistenly, and we ended up scoring 8 goals - with our strikers scoring all of them.

HibbyAndy
12-05-2010, 03:32 PM

Cant argue with any of that..Id take KK nae probs.

Hibs On Tour
12-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for all those who want McCormack binned, he's apparently been offered a new 1 year contract

In that case, I hope he's going to get played at CH as otherwise its just money down the pan. Even if he gets played at CH, surely a make or break season for him...

HibeeMcGinn1
12-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Maka's contract is up in the summer.

well he'll not be put out on loan then :wink:

fife hfc
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Players I would like to see come in

Keogh (RB)
Mkandawire (CH)
Arfield (CM)
O'Connor (CF)

Line up

...............................Brown.............. ................
Keogh...........Mkandawire....Hanlon.............. Booth
................................Murray............ ...............
.................Miller.........................Ar field...........
................................Riordan........... ...............
.................O'Connor................Stokes... ............

If by some miracle Sol stayed then would have him in place of Murray.

DH1875
12-05-2010, 08:54 PM
I posted this on the bounce the other day.

Even though the huns won the league they still ****ed financially so we could make an offer for any of them within our wage structure.
Kevin Kyle???
Brian Easton? on loan at hamilton from Burnley.
Paul Caddis on loan or maybe try and sign him.
Darren O'Dea if smelltic bring back McManus we could maybe get him.
Michael Hart? think he is available on a free.
O'Connor and Murphy from Birmingham. I doubt it but where is the harm in asking if they are available.
Grant Hanley on loan from Blackburn, young CB with decent future in the game.
Tom Cleverly on loan fro Man Utd.
What about trying for Jutkiewicz if Everton are going to loan him out again next season.
Conor Clifford, hard tackleing midfielder and Sam Hutchinson, RB from Chelsea. Also Mancienne from Chelsea but don't think he'd come.
Eddie Nolan, Def at Sheff Wed and captain of Ireland U21s
We should use our Moroccan conection and try and get El Zhar on loan from Liverpool.

Could go on and on but I'm no doing Yogi's job for him :greengrin.

There are actually a lot of players out there. All you need to know is where to look.

LancsHibs
12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Michael Hart is on most lists of 'ins'. I know we are desperate for a RB but Preston fans I know tell me he is garbage, they cant wait to see the back of him. Think we could do better!!

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Michael Hart is on most lists of 'ins'. I know we are desperate for a RB but Preston fans I know tell me he is garbage, they cant wait to see the back of him. Think we could do better!!

He was decent at Aberdeen and sometimes a change of club can rejuvinate a player.

SalfordHibs
13-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Players in

Mkandawire (CH)

Keogh (RB)

O'Connor (CF)

Dorman (M)

Hartley (M)

Griffiths (CF)

Livesly (CH)

Players out

Stack

Maka

Hogg

Stevenson

Rankin

Nish

Benji

Riordan - Not that he wants to, being pushed out - Sold

Bamba - Sold

Gow

Byrne - Loan

Currie - Loan

Captain Trips
13-05-2010, 12:30 PM
To be moved on:

Maka
Smith
Rankin
Benji
Nish
Stevenson
Cregg

In:

2 x CB 1 x LB
2 x Midfield

Leith Green
13-05-2010, 01:54 PM

McCormack signed a five year deal in 2007 ..

Hibs On Tour
14-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Just the type of player those who want rid of Riordan would be happy with... :confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/8656185.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/8656185.stm)

4 in 36 but he links well...

:wink:

Stevie Reid
14-05-2010, 08:55 AM
He'd probably get more money elsewhere and is maybe a bit old for Yogi at 32, but Lee Hendrie was a clever midfielder and could potentially offer us a bit of experience, guile and ingenuity in midfield: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/8679598.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/8679598.stm)

dirtydirk
14-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Daily mail reporting that Garry O is preparing to take a wage cut and return to the SPL. Think there could be something to the previous rumours as the only clubs I think that could take him on would be Hibs, Celtic and maybe Hearts or Dundee utd

sundo1875
14-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Ins
martin Scott
o conner
arfield
mulgrew
hart
steven Caldwell
swanson

Out
benji
maka
cregg
currie loan
stevenson
thicot

seanraff07
14-05-2010, 09:33 PM
McCormack signed a five year deal in 2007 ..

After his off-field troubles apparently they pretty much binned his original five-year contract so it expired this summer.

Rory89
15-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Players I'd like to see in:

O'Dea (centre half, loan)
David Gray (right back)
Stephen Jordan (left back, free)
Mulgrew (centre mid, free transfer)
Arfield (left midfield)
Garry O'Connor (loan)

These players wages could maybe be afforded if we ship out some fringe players and cash in on Bamba and Riordan, which I think we should do as I don't see where Riordan can properly fit into a good Hibs side. He can't play with Stokes up front and for me is too slow for me out wide, I'd get rid and keep Benji as Stokesy's understudy, with Nish back-up for O'Connor. The team could be:

----------------Stack----------------

Gray-------O'Dea-----Murray----Jordan

Zemmama--Mulgrew--Miller---Arfield.....

-----------O'Connor---Stokes.............

Subs: Brown, Thicot, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Galbraith, Nish, Benji.

The other four players in the 22 man squad would be Stevenson, McCann, McBride and Rankin, anyone else not mentioned would go. Good team though, pretty sure even Yogi could get them to 3rd.

KWJ
15-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Very much agree with this - Kyle is a true target man, who takes the physical abuse to create opportunities for other strikers and bring midfielders/wide men into play. Kyle is an integral part of our plan A, but also vital to plan B - he has obvious defensive qualities as well.

Despite him being perceived as one, anyone who watches Hibs can see that Nish is not the physical presence up front that we need (though he does win his fair share of headers when defending our own penalty area), and is more likely to benefit from playing alongside a more physical presence himself. The vast majority of his Hibs goals have been like his 5 last week, penalty box predator stuff, due to good positional sense - he doesn't always catch them the sweetest, but when you hit the target you give the goalkeeper problems (as we well know).

It's also no coincidence that the last 2 games of the season were the first time in ages that we got in behind teams consistenly, and we ended up scoring 8 goals - with our strikers scoring all of them.

I just reckon he's a huddy. Mind watching him for scotland where he was miles out of his depth and then seeing him be pish for every club he went to. He started well at killie by scoring some goals but they soon dried up and he went to Turkey for a bounce match.

He's actually gone further down in my book since his move to Killie and I didn't think that was possible.

Would rather have Hen Broon.