PDA

View Full Version : promoting health through football

pinkband
11-05-2010, 02:47 PM
hi i'm doing a course called "local investigations" through the jewel and esk college and hibernian learning center and a big part of this course is looking at ways we can improve health in youngsters and adults through hibernian f.c , for example we have been discussing things like positive ways of improving eating habits or excercise programmes or maybe getting some hibs players out into the community talking to kids through school, youth clubs etc. we have have researched various football clubs throughout the u.k and abroad and have found some good ideas on promoting health through football, we would really appreciate some feedback from hibs fans on way you think hibernian f.c can promote healthy living and lifestyle for you

DC_Hibs
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
What about improving the catering. Pies, crisps and Coke for kids isnt ideal and I often hear parents complaining about the prices so maybe cheaper/healthier alternatives.

Sacking Hughes would also reduce blood pressure issues, heart attacks, hair loss and improve fans mental health although Blackpool is a lost cause.

Here to help

pinkband
11-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Jewel and Esk College are looking for a number of Hibees to develop various schemes that promote health. The aim is to take some proposals to Hibernian Community Foundation . This group has just started up on a Tuesday evening at the new learning centre in the South Stand.

To find out more, email Bram on hibs@jec.ac.uk

Gatecrasher
11-05-2010, 06:41 PM
What about improving the catering. Pies, crisps and Coke for kids isnt ideal and I often hear parents complaining about the prices so maybe cheaper/healthier alternatives.

Sacking Hughes would also reduce blood pressure issues, heart attacks, hair loss and improve fans mental health although Blackpool is a lost cause.

Here to help

i agree

how about the club could go for selling a half time apple or orange as well as a pie?

fresh juice as well as cola etc

i know they/or did have baked potato's in the west stand they were nice :agree:

heidtheba
11-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Sent you a PM about this

Wembley67
11-05-2010, 06:56 PM
i agree

how about the club could go for selling a half time apple or orange as well as a pie?

fresh juice as well as cola etc

i know they/or did have baked potato's in the west stand they were nice :agree:

Thinks that are fresh e.g apples all have a short shelf life so if they arent eaten they tend to get binned. All the other rubbish you could leave in a fridge for 6 months and still probably eat it :greengrin

Have vendors actively pushing healthier alternatives when people come in through the turnstiles, much more chance of people taking notice and picking something up. Without sounding sexist get attractive ladies flogging the goods , sex sells (am I thinking about this to much?) :wink:

Soon as most people go to the pie stand, its autopilot. Pizza this or pie that...just my tuppence.

deerness
11-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Is there not more to healthy living than healthy eating? How come so many people turn up at Easter Road and shout abuse at players who keep themselves fit yet none of them take any excercise at all? I think Hibs could do a lot to encourage fans to get healthier.

HibbingtonHibs
12-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Get the players to give up binge drinking and ask them to get fit enough to play 90 minutes, that would be a good example for them to set for the youngsters. :devil::devil:

Gullane
14-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Fancy getting involved in a project involving Hibs and promoting health? Jewel & Esk College are looking for Hibs fans to get involved in a Local Investigations group. The aim is to research successful health projects involving football clubs elsewhere in the country and make proposals to the club, to set up new initiatives in Edinburgh and Lothians.

To find out more, email Bram on hibs@jec.ac.uk

or send me a PM here.

Jack
14-05-2010, 01:59 PM
If any group wants to put health and Hibs together get in touch with the health improvement team at NHS Lothian. They'll have more answers than you'll have questions.