PDA

View Full Version : Gowser

MacBean
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
What are our impressions of him? has he meritted any sort of extension to remain at ER?

Given his lack of game time and half hearted/below par peformances, personally i dont think he has made enough on a impact to stay however have a strange gut feeling that Yogi will try to keep him.

we could argue that his injuries played a part, however he has not done anything to merit a contract at easter road and therefore would like to see him out for us to use the wages for higher priorities (Defence!)

I was optimistic and really looking forward to him becoming a "Star" for us when he signed, however been a bit "let down" shall we say

what d'you think?

Riordans Boots
11-05-2010, 02:34 PM
What are our impressions of him? has he meritted any sort of extension to remain at ER?

Given his lack of game time and half hearted/below par peformances, personally i dont think he has made enough on a impact to stay however have a strange gut feeling that Yogi will try to keep him.

we could argue that his injuries played a part, however he has not done anything to merit a contract at easter road and therefore would like to see him out for us to use the wages for higher priorities (Defence!)

I was optimistic and really looking forward to him becoming a "Star" for us.

what d'you think?

Would rather keep Deeks and Nish :agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Not seen anywhere near enough of him at hibs to make a judgement either way.

BSEJVT
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Would rather keep Benji

micksoo
11-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Not good enough for me - looks to me that he might be a bit or a luxury player that doesn't really work hard or get 'stuck in'. We have a couple of them already - no room for his type in my opinion.

Sir David Gray
11-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I haven't been impressed with him any time I've seen him. I know he has struggled with fitness since he's come in on loan and maybe if we persevered with him next season he might come good but I personally wouldn't be too upset to see him go.

MyJo
11-05-2010, 03:13 PM
To be honest he hasn't done enough at Hibs to allow anyone to form an informed opinion on him. Its also unclear exactly where he fits into the team is he a striker, left wing, or attacking midfield???

If he is released from Plymouth i think he'd be worth giving another season to but i certainly wouldn't want us to be spending money on him or handing out a three year contract based on what he's done since Jan.

greenlex
11-05-2010, 03:14 PM
He is a big blouse and made of glass. Cheerio.

houston1875
11-05-2010, 03:18 PM

I was optimistic and really looking forward to him becoming a "Star" for us when he signed, however been a bit "let down" shall we say

what d'you think?

What's Mr Gow's monthly wage,rather have the wages put into a quality right back or centre back,saying that i would take him,have him on the left and have Mr Riordan up front with who ever?

But is he injury prone :dunno:

H18sry
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
To be fair to Gow he has been injured for most of his time here, and given that Stokes and Deeks, were banging in the goals and Hughes would not drop/rest Spoony, so when he has had a chance it has been coming off the bench when we have been going through our 3 wins in 18 run, so I don't think it is fair to judge him on that, as a player at Falkirk he was good enough to earn a move to der huns, so why can he not recapture that form with a decent injury free pre-season.

Diclonius
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Give him a one year contract.

Dr Jimmy
11-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I would like to keep him. A Norwich fan at work told me he was terrible when he first went there and after he settled became one of their best players.
He may also offer a bit more balance to the side and allow Deek to play up front where he will score 20+ easily.

PeterboroHibee
11-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Honestly dont know what he would be like for Hibs considering hes hardly played. Hes been here half a season though and been injured for most of it so dont know.

Would rather that wage was used to sort out the defence before signing up a player whos done nothing.

Didnt Yogi say he was only going to try and sign him up if he impressed after the split?

seanraff07
11-05-2010, 03:41 PM
He seems unwilling to ever put his body on the line and just seems far too lightweight.

I wouldn't be fussed if he left.

Ritchie
11-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Would rather keep Deeks and Nish :agree:

i honestly cant believe how everyone now thinks the sun shines out nishs a-hole!

shows you what 2 good games can do eh!! :rolleyes:

ill wait and see if he can continue his form and pumps in goals at the start of next season before i start worshiping the ground he walks on.....

Judas Iscariot
11-05-2010, 03:55 PM
i honestly cant believe how everyone now thinks the sun shines out nishs a-hole!

shows you what 2 good games can do eh!! :rolleyes:

ill wait and see if he can continue his form and pumps in goals at the start of next season before i start worshiping the ground he walks on.....

You are one moaning **** these days like :agree:

Ritchie
11-05-2010, 04:01 PM
You are one moaning **** these days like :agree:

there is a difference between being a moaner and a realist..... anyway, shut it badonde! :bye:

Bostonhibby
11-05-2010, 06:04 PM
might eventually bring something to the table and a new season might be the ideal time to look but I dont think the area he plays in is our most pressing need and I am not sure we should put an exceptional effort or cost into this one whilst we still have quite a bit of defensive sorting out to do and improved deals for other key players to finance.

whiskyhibby
11-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Would rather keep Benji

:agree::agree::agree:

Jim44
11-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Would rather keep Benji

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Betty Boop
11-05-2010, 06:56 PM

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

:agree::agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-05-2010, 07:09 PM
We will not have a big enough budget to buy players based on what they might do. No better than what we have already. So no, to a contract offer. Let him go to his other option, which I think was Hearts?

snooky
11-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I think we should let him gow.
Couldny get a game in a crap Huns team.
His performances huvny biled ma kettle.
:bye:

erin go bragh
11-05-2010, 08:00 PM
maybe give him 6 months[and a haircut] wtf is going on wi his barnet:confused:

Toaods
11-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Funny - these posts are almost identical to the views of the Plymouth, Norwich + Blackpool fans.

IWasThere2016
11-05-2010, 08:47 PM

:agree:

IIRC, on £4k basic + £2k app + bonuses at Der Hun. He'll be on similar at PAFC and I hope we're not about to waste that on him!

Sadly, I think Yogi totally wants him and I think Deeks might be frozen out accordingly! :bitchy:

woody47
11-05-2010, 08:58 PM
From what I have seen so far I don't believe he brings us anything better than we have. Plus all this nonsense about match fitness - sorry but if he was good enough you would see the quality straight away. I don't.
As someone said earlier, I would rather keep Benji.

sahib
11-05-2010, 08:58 PM
:agree:

IIRC, on £4k basic + £2k app + bonuses at Der Hun. He'll be on similar at PAFC and I hope we're not about to waste that on him!

Sadly, I think Yogi totally wants him and I think Deeks might be frozen out accordingly! :bitchy:

Yogi would be daft to freeze out Derek. He is still one of our best players, even with his faults. If Gow is signed, it will be for whatever Yogi saw in him at Falkirk and not for his few lack-lustre outings here.

Ed De Gramo
11-05-2010, 09:51 PM
there is a difference between being a moaner and a realist..... anyway, shut it badonde! :bye:

There's actually quite a few people on here that never lost faith with Nish...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Funny - these posts are almost identical to the views of the Plymouth, Norwich + Blackpool fans.

Blackpool wanted to keep him, the fans loved him too. He failed a medical at Wolves, then went back to the huns, before Norwich and Plymouth.

Big90inOz
11-05-2010, 11:33 PM

:top marks

simple statement which sums the guy up for me :bye:

RMG_82
12-05-2010, 12:28 AM

what d'you think?

empty him. had the chance to come ealier in his career which would have been a good move that i think would have got him in the national squad. Choose Rangers for the cash. Karma's got him. No good enough and looks way off the pace. :bye:

NaeTechnoHibby
12-05-2010, 12:53 AM

Yogi would be daft to freeze out Derek. He is still one of our best players, even with his faults. If Gow is signed, it will be for whatever Yogi saw in him at Falkirk and not for his few lack-lustre outings here.

:top marks

simple statement which sums the guy up for me :bye:

All of the above for me :top marks

Never understood why we brought him in at all :bitchy:

Maybe Yogi is too soft, Jeezo, I hope not :rolleyes:

hibee4life1983
12-05-2010, 01:00 AM
A big waste of money, what the hell was rod thinking- he must be raging with hughes on that one! Lol

Andy74
12-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't think we can judge at all. Some of the comments about lack of heart and all that are the usual nonsense.

We seem to level this at any player who is not at 100% but it's usually down to injury, fitness or somethig like that rather than a lack of actual desire which we can have no idea about from what we've seen so far.

When he came on and scored in the cup game it lloked an ideal signing, someone who could come in and provide something a bit different as a creative player from midfield or could pay up front.

It hasn't worked out that way as he's been injured and with our form we weren't playing well enough to get someone bedded in even from the bench.

I couldn't strongly argue either way for keeping him but he's clearly a talented enough player and if there is room for him in the budget to see how it works out for a year then I don't see that we've much to lose.

--------
12-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Would rather keep Benji

You said it.

Priority right now has to be sorting the defence, and getting a bit more beef into the middle of the team.

Gow might come good, but I wouldn't keep him at the expense of not signing one of the defenders we need.