http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8673706.stm

Hope they all "break a leg" :devil:

SidBurns
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8673706.stm

Hope they all "break a leg" :devil:

Agreed!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but there is NO WAY this squad can win the World Cup:-

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

GOOD!!! :wink:

Hibbie_Cameron
11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I think Jamie Carragher is a good player but i cant stand it when players like him come out of international retirement for the big tournaments. Imagine playing all the qualifiers for 3 years only to dumped when someone better can be bothered to play.

The same went for Henrik Larsson at the last tournament

Sean1875
11-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Feel sorry for Zamora, felt he deserved a place.

MacBean
11-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Feel sorry for Zamora, felt he deserved a place.

i thought the same, however i think his recent injury has cast a doubt over his availability and ability to perform at the level he has this season over the summer.

Leith Green
11-05-2010, 02:37 PM
I think Jamie Carragher is a good player but i cant stand it when players like him come out of international retirement for the big tournaments. Imagine playing all the qualifiers for 3 years only to dumped when someone better can be bothered to play.

The same went for Henrik Larsson at the last tournament

Did you actually read what it said??
Carragher was approached bt the f.a to reconsider his retirement due to injuries

Allant1981
11-05-2010, 02:37 PM
cant see that team getting to the semi's never mind winning it, a couple of world class players but no way will this team beat the likes of spain, brazil etc

Allant1981
11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Carragher was approached bt the f.a to reconsider his retirement due to injuries

Weird this one as there isnt really that many injuries to their top defenders - not that they have that many. Think capello realises that the defence may be the weak link and is wanting as many experienced players as possible

Hibbie_Cameron
11-05-2010, 02:42 PM

Yes i did but 3 england internationals who have not retired in the shape of Wes Brown, Gary and Phil Neville are not up for selection?Who are the injured parites Wayne Bridge?

Gus
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
i thought the same, however i think his recent injury has cast a doubt over his availability and ability to perform at the level he has this season over the summer.

Why include Gareth Barry then??

Squad is not great. I really wish Ledley King was fit for all games, as IMO he's the best English centre half at the mo.

I dont agree with Carraghers inclusion. But I think he is in there due to experience, but if King proves himself Carragher will be binned

Adam Johnson....wtf

hey ho

MON ENGLAND

steviecarnie
11-05-2010, 03:55 PM
been thinking about it and england really only have 3 world class players who would (IMO) be in top 20 players in the world.

Gerrard, Rooney and possibly Ashley Cole for me.

seanraff07
11-05-2010, 03:59 PM
They always come out with the chat 'this year we'll win it, we've got the squad etc' but i can't see them getting any further than the semi's.:agree:

BoltonHibee
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I think England will struggle from game no. 1

Cabbage East
11-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Their strikers/keepers are miles behind the top nations.

rennie_hfc
11-05-2010, 04:30 PM
been thinking about it and england really only have 3 world class players who would (IMO) be in top 20 players in the world.

Gerrard, Rooney and possibly Ashley Cole for me.

Gerrard has been poor this season. Lampard is a much better player than Gerrard now in my opinion. he scored 22 goals from midfield this season which is pretty impressive.

can't see England getting far with that squad. they only have 1 recognised right back and he'll play Heskey who is murder.

JimBHibees
11-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Ironically this might be the tournament where they have a decent chance because the expectation may be less than previously. They have a top class manager who strolled through the qualifying in what originally looked a difficult group. They will need luck with injuries especially guys like Ferdinand who has has a disrupted season however think they may get to the semi finals with that squad. Someone like Joe Cole gives the a bit more quality going forward, Rooney apart their front line isnt great IMO so wouldnt be surprised if they played one up in some of the games.

Dunbar Hibee
11-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Carlton Cole SHOULD be in it.

Hillsidehibby
11-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I think England will struggle from game no. 1

I think USA and Algeria will give them a fright

Wotherspiniesta
11-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Maybe I'm the only one here, but....... Emile Heskey? :faf:

Must be on the same number of goals as Christian Nade.

Hiber-nation
11-05-2010, 05:56 PM

According to my English colleague, "he works well with Rooney".

Just goes to show how short of strikers they are.

Scorrie
11-05-2010, 06:08 PM
On the Carragher issue, most Liverpool fans I know seem to think that his legs have gone this season and struggled. Not sure how he will cope with a step up in pace at international level. England's defence does seem a bit rickety with a few either too slow or coming back from serious injury. With 3 games in quick succession and on bone hard S African pitches they could struggle particularly against the USA who have some very fast and good footballers who beat Spain last year.

BoltonHibee
11-05-2010, 06:32 PM
I think USA and Algeria will give them a fright

:agree:

BoltonHibee
11-05-2010, 06:34 PM

Isn't Heskey normally a sub? Don't think he starts an awful lot of games.

Gus
11-05-2010, 07:11 PM
hey ho

we are there MON ENGLAND

:wink::devil:

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-05-2010, 07:26 PM
F*** mingland

:saltireflag