PDA

View Full Version : Sol

H18sry
11-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Fulham-target Sol Bamba has not ruled out remaining at Hibs after starring for the Ivory Coast next month at the World Cup finals. (Herald)

From BBC gossip column :wink:

MacBean
11-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Fulham-target Sol Bamba has not ruled out remaining at Hibs after starring for the Ivory Coast next month at the World Cup finals. (Herald)

From BBC gossip column :wink:

good stuff big man!
he wants to get to the Europa League Final...

fulham could never do that :devil:

Rivers Cuomo
11-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Has made Svens WC Squad, well done big fella! :thumbsup:

Hibbie_Cameron
11-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Has made Svens WC Squad, well done big fella! :thumbsup:

Glad he is in, lets hope Sven does not have different ideas from the previous manager and drops him.

Incidently in FourFourTwo's World Cup preview booklet, Bamba along with the Goalkeeper are quaoted as being massive liabilites for the Ivory Coast

H18sry
11-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Never a doubt:wink:

AugustaHibs
11-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Well done big man.:thumbsup: make sure you snap ronaldo? :wink:

Golden Bear
11-05-2010, 03:17 PM
And he's not discounted the possibility that he'll still be a Hibee next season.

:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
11-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Well done big man :thumbsup:

basehibby
11-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Well done Sol! Go there with confidence big man! :thumbsup:

Ritchie
11-05-2010, 03:48 PM
congratualtions big man!

make us proud. :thumbsup:

seanraff07
11-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Well done big man make a name for yourself.:thumbsup:

joey1875
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Well done big sol:thumbsup:

Future17
11-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I love the wording of statements like that from newspapers. :bitchy:

Considering he's contractually obliged to remain at Hibs unless we allow him permission to talk to other clubs, I don't really see how he could "rule out" staying here. :toysoutthepram

hibsboy90
11-05-2010, 04:12 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2968828/Ivory-Coast-name-World-Cup-squad.html

Plenty of discussion about the scottish based player in the article. You know, the one who seems to start every game. :bitchy:

Sven chose to go to stamford bridge at the weekend, why? He knows what he's getting out of Kalou and Drogba. As for Wigan's CH Gohouri, he has been picked too, despite shipping 8.

Can't help but think that Sol will not be first choice for the Ivory Coast, Sven doesnt seem to rate Scottish Football.

seanraff07
11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2968828/Ivory-Coast-name-World-Cup-squad.html (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2968828/Ivory-Coast-name-World-Cup-squad.html)

Plenty of discussion about the scottish based player in the article. You know, the one who seems to start every game. :bitchy:

Sven chose to go to stamford bridge at the weekend, why? He knows what he's getting out of Kalou and Drogba. As for Wigan's CH Gohouri, he has been picked too, despite shipping 8.

Can't help but think that Sol will not be first choice for the Ivory Coast, Sven doesnt seem to rate Scottish Football.

Hopefully he plays better than he did at the ACON or i don't think he will get a start in the team, i believe he played pretty poor there.

steviecarnie
11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Sven doesnt seem to rate Scottish Football.

Does anyone??

NOLA
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
if i was sven, sol wouldnt be in the starting line-up, big step up from spl to world cup,

GhostofBolivar
12-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Glad he is in, lets hope Sven does not have different ideas from the previous manager and drops him.

Incidently in FourFourTwo's World Cup preview booklet, Bamba along with the Goalkeeper are quaoted as being massive liabilites for the Ivory Coast

Let's be fair. Even at the SPL level, Sol has his share of misadventure. At the World Cup, against Brazil and Portugal, he could be embarrassed if he loses focus for even an instant.

When he plays to his best and keeps things simple, he's strong athletic and not untalented with the ball at his feet. When his mind goes walkabout... well, the players he's going to be up against don't need that kind of help.

It's not hard to imagine Sol getting caught in possession or out of position. And I'm speaking as one who's got an Ivory Coast shirt on order and will be cheering the Elephants on.

CallumLaidlaw
12-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Would LOVE Sol to still be a Hibs player on 1st September.

And I have also ordered my IC shirt. Will go nicely with the wristband I got off the man himself after the game on Sunday :thumbsup:

MacBean
12-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Would LOVE Sol to still be a Hibs player on 1st September.

And I have also ordered my IC shirt. Will go nicely with the wristband I got off the man himself after the game on Sunday :thumbsup:

hope you washed it!!

Sandy
12-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Go on Sol, make us all proud of you :agree:

Auckland Hibs
12-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Go on Sol, make us all proud of you :agree:

:top marks

The Big Sol Man and NZ are the only reasons to watch the WC this year IMO, especially as Enger-land might sneak it :boo hoo:

MussyHibby
12-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Well done Sol Bamba - fully deserved!:agree:

hibsboy90
12-05-2010, 10:36 AM

Wee bit poor from FFT there, since they carried out an interview with him a few months ago, and now he's a 'massive liabililty'.

Phil MaGlass
12-05-2010, 11:29 AM
If he stays that might mean a few things, he is looking to leave on a free when his contract runs oot or he is bumping up the asking price?
Hope tae heck he has a brilliant WC.

steve75
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Hopefully he plays better than he did at the ACON or i don't think he will get a start in the team, i believe he played pretty poor there.

He didn't look like a world beater but no worse than the premiership 'stars' around him. Seemed to spend half the time shouting at the likes of Toure trying to tell them what to do. Though the team had been recieving death threats so it could have been playing on them. Also couple of times he ran half the length of the pitch breezing past players with ease, and was very unlucky not to score.

I hope he gets a game, and with sven in charge it might be a better organised team.