PDA

View Full Version : East stand migration...

Shaggy
11-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Me and 3 mates are moving from the west stand to the new East...... was wondering if this was a popular trend, or is everyone else staying where they are?

oor reasons- sick of the same knob for the last 4 years yelling un-necessary abuse continually(hope he hasnt the same idea), like a change, want to fill up the new stand, and we walk up from the East side anyway.

MussiHibee
11-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Our group of around 10 are moving over too...:agree:

bubblesmorrison
11-05-2010, 09:25 AM
me and two others are moving from the ff the guys next to us are having the same idea too

Antifa Hibs
11-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Ye's better be singing standing and swearing or you'll be getting bounced back to were you came from :casper::wink:

paxtonhibby
11-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Me and the laddies are just staying put.I thought about moving due to the family offer included in the East but the seats in the W/upper we have are excellent.Also no loudmouths around us(my youngest excepted) .

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Me and my dad are moving over from the west

susieq
11-05-2010, 09:54 AM
So are hubby and i moving, just to annoy our sons, evil parents! At least we brought them up supporting the 'right' team! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

RIP
11-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Just out of interest guys and gals - what sections are you looking at?

micksoo
11-05-2010, 11:35 AM
4 of us looking for a move from west to east

CB_NO3
11-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Yous are not welcome, just stay put.:devil:

In all serious though, it looks like we will have a full East Stand and empty west and FF stands.

Westie1875
11-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Undecided, going to wait and see what seats are available to move to in both stands (East & West) before deciding.

Dashing Bob S
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm quite excited as it will unite a lot of my own tribe who have dispersed to the FF or West over the years. For many that's been due to kids/family considerations, but for most it's the poor sight-lines and pillars, and they are all looking forward to being back in the East and adding to the atmosphere.

One thing I would say though, is that if people are going to be all hypersensitive about the behaviour of others around them, then I'd suggest it's best to stay in the West or FF. I think some folks like the idea of an 'atmosphere' then get all prissy and precious as soon as they find themselves in the vicinity of a genuine 'bam' or two. Not condoning over-the-top behaviour, but if we go into the new stand expecting it to be a more 'free', raucous, badly-behaved, party-zone then we will create a space that provides a intimidating atmosphere for away teams.

If we spend our time being hell-bent on policing the behaviour of others, behaving like superiour Craiglockhart Jambos, then the new east, will, like the rest of the stadium, resemble a cricket ground or a theatre.

I want the new East to be somewhere I'd think twice before taking women and children, after all, we have the West and FF for that.

Mikey
11-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Don't forget the singing section folks. If you're of a noisy disposition get yourself in there :greengrin

CB_NO3
11-05-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm quite excited as it will unite a lot of my own tribe who have dispersed to the FF or West over the years. For many that's been due to kids/family considerations, but for most it's the poor sight-lines and pillars, and they are all looking forward to being back in the East and adding to the atmosphere.

One thing I would say though, is that if people are going to be all hypersensitive about the behaviour of others around them, then I'd suggest it's best to stay in the West or FF. I think some folks like the idea of an 'atmosphere' then get all prissy and precious as soon as they find themselves in the vicinity of a genuine 'bam' or two. Not condoning over-the-top behaviour, but if we go into the new stand expecting it to be a more 'free', raucous, badly-behaved, party-zone then we will create a space that provides a intimidating atmosphere for away teams.

If we spend our time being hell-bent on policing the behaviour of others, behaving like superiour Craiglockhart Jambos, then the new east, will, like the rest of the stadium, resemble a cricket ground or a theatre.

I want the new East to be somewhere I'd think twice before taking women and children, after all, we have the West and FF for that.

I would agree with that 100%, especially the last paragraph.

Riordans Boots
11-05-2010, 02:44 PM

Bob, there are a few radgey-gadgeys in these stands too :dizzy:

Bishop Hibee
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Myself and 4 others and a possible 5th indicated on our ST renewals that we wanted to move. West Upper at the moment and hoping for decent seats in the new East.

Given that it seats 6500, there should be a few seats going spare.

Shaggy
11-05-2010, 03:52 PM
One thing I would say though, is that if people are going to be all hypersensitive about the behaviour of others around them, then I'd suggest it's best to stay in the West or FF. I think some folks like the idea of an 'atmosphere' then get all prissy and precious as soon as they find themselves in the vicinity of a genuine 'bam' or two..

Hey Bob...I would agree with everything you say, and I am moving cos of a few screeching repeditive goats that complain even when we are doing good.... but if it was the wife I just leave and divorce her !!
I dont think any body in the new east will get away with no cranking it up.
Canny wait:notworthy:

woody47
11-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Already got mine in the singing section:thumbsup: and hope that everyone who sits (stands) in that area is going to sing and not "only when we are winning".
We really have a great chance to make ER a place where teams fear us and the players get the backing they need as you can see the difference when the fans get behind them.

monktonharp
11-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Already got mine in the singing section:thumbsup: and hope that everyone who sits (stands) in that area is going to sing and not "only when we are winning".
We really have a great chance to make ER a place where teams fear us and the players get the backing they need as you can see the difference when the fans get behind them.:agree:and also what Bob said.hope that the new East.........Hibee Jungle is not for the faint hearted.got sick of the FFS a couple of years ago,with a couple of groups who,if they were not busy texting each other,they were off to get pizzas,and the aulder yins were far too quite,didnae like swearing etc,for my liking.want to see it very racous,and hear it very noisy,with loadsa flags,colours etc,and hope that everyone makes an effort to make it like that,from the off!

MountcastleHibs
11-05-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm moving over with about 4 of my mates from the West. Purely because I walk away from the ground from the East Stand side, and the looks you get when trying to sing in the West Lower where I sit make you feel like you've just landed on Earth from another planet.

I'll most definately be involved in singing in the new stand and look forward to my new home from next season.

marinello59
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm moving over with about 4 of my mates from the West. Purely because I walk away from the ground from the East Stand side, and the looks you get when trying to sing in the West Lower where I sit make you feel like you've just landed on Earth from another planet.

I'll most definately be involved in singing in the new stand and look forward to my new home from next season.

OK, hands up............who is it in the West Stand that keeps giving potential vocalists dirty looks?:greengrin

MountcastleHibs
11-05-2010, 10:40 PM
OK, hands up............who is it in the West Stand that keeps giving potential vocalists dirty looks?:greengrin

I've posted this as a grievance of mine about the West several times and no one's owned up haha. Don't think they post on here to be honest.

Joe Baker II
12-05-2010, 09:07 AM

Excellent post. A lot depends on clubs approach to stewarding, I fear the worse though and am making no season ticket commitment until observe the new stand in practice but here' s hoping.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I can't wait to get back. After near 30 years of watching the game from the same postion, the last few months have jist no been right.:dummytit:

Gatecrasher
12-05-2010, 11:34 AM
see aw these immigrants coming from the other stands takin oor seats and places in the pie stand, get back to where you came from:grr:

:wink:

seanraff07
12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Think i'm going to be too skint to buy a ST.

But will be a half ST during the Winter for the East, and will PATG in the new East for as many games as i can afford during the first half of the season.

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Planning to move too, but only coz my pal who I used to go to games with cant afford a season ticket next year and the folk around me in the FF who I have sat with for years are also moving. If not I would have stuck in the FF.

I hope next season we dont end up with a packed East with the West and FF less than half full or the ground will look a bit daft IMO.

By the way. I heard last year that ( I think it was Partick Thistle ) had asked supporters to sit a seat or two apart to make the ground look fuller. That doesnt seem like such a bad idea too me.

woody47
12-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Planning to move too, but only coz my pal who I used to go to games with cant afford a season ticket next year and the folk around me in the FF who I have sat with for years are also moving. If not I would have stuck in the FF.

I hope next season we dont end up with a packed East with the West and FF less than half full or the ground will look a bit daft IMO.

By the way. I heard last year that ( I think it was Partick Thistle ) had asked supporters to sit a seat or two apart to make the ground look fuller. That doesnt seem like such a bad idea too me.

More than likely it was the size of some of them meant they HAD to have two seats :greengrin

Ritchie
13-05-2010, 04:03 PM
well, i finally gave in and renewed my ST in the east today.

in row 'R' of the middle block. :notworthy:

cwilliamson85
13-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Why have the club put the singing section in the top corner (nearest the south) rather than putting it in the middle? Surely if the middle sings the rest of the stand sing?

I know its 3 sections (1000 seats) but still think it would have been better in the middle.