PDA

View Full Version : European Ties & New East Stand

God Petrie
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Is there any chance the east stand will be ready for our first european tie?

It just came to mind how amazing it would be if it broken in by destroying Napoli 5-0 in front of 22,000 hibbies at the completed Leith San Siro with Murphy and O'Connor making their second debuts.

:drool:

madabouthibs
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
That worries me actually.
I'd hate for the East not to be finished for our first Euro tie next season, sort it PETRIE!!! :thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM

It just came to mind how amazing it would be if it broken in by destroying Napoli 5-0 in front of 22,000 hibbies at the completed Leith San Siro with Murphy and O'Connor making their second debuts.

Only worth it if we've lost 4-1 in the first leg............... :wink:

GreenCastle
10-05-2010, 10:31 PM

Think the main worry is the pitch!

I think for the qualifying rounds the 3 stands should be fine - though if we get into the group stage then it will need to be ready :agree:

--------
10-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Only worth it if we've lost 4-1 in the first leg............... :wink:

Remakes of classics are always disappointing. We've never played Inter. :cool2:

ronaldo7
11-05-2010, 07:02 AM

I can recall a comment made by Hibs about going to the construction company to see if they can get part of the stand opened, if required. They may have difficulty with the safety certificate though.

RIP
11-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Pitch ready for August?

Stand completed by October?

European ties in July IIRC?

What do we prefer - Tynie or Murrayfield? :greengrin

sahib
11-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Has Meadowbank still got a pitch? Capacity would be about right.

Disc O'Dave
11-05-2010, 07:09 AM
From the look of the construction, they are starting at the south end, and adding concrete to the structure as soon as a section is up, rather than waiting for all the steelwork to be up, then all the concrete.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davebarlow/4587240442/

I would imagine that they will start putting the seats / plumbing / facilities in that section first too, so that the stand could be opened from the South end first, if required.