PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Dons in for Nish??

At The Edge
10-05-2010, 07:57 PM
On SkySports.....
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6146162,00.html (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6146162,00.html)

sleeping giant
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
No way they could afford a fee.

Cabbage East
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
They couldn't afford the fee.

matty_f
10-05-2010, 08:02 PM
On SkySports.....
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6146162,00.html (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6146162,00.html)

There's two things that I take from that article - one is that it's unlikely to happen if Hibs are looking for a fee for Nish, as Aberdeen are totally rooked AFAIK, the other is that if they're chasing Nish, then they probably don't think they're going to sign Kyle.

We've been rumoured to have been in direct competition for Kyle, so if the sheep are pulling out or have been dismissed by Kyle, then there is perhaps a higher chance of us signing him. I believe the Yams are also interested, and if so I would think they'd definitely offer a higher salary than we will and that would be where Kyle would end up.

brydekirk
10-05-2010, 08:04 PM
straight swap for FF. :agree:

bingo70
10-05-2010, 08:04 PM
On SkySports.....

IIRC they enquired about him in January, think Yogi pretty much laughed off the offer though.

Still not sure about Nish, he's not great but he does have a decent scoring record for the SPL, usually gets a few assists as well, even if he does look a big huddy.

Think i wouldn't mind him staying as a squad player, still not convinced he should be starting as many games as he did last season though.

3pm
10-05-2010, 08:05 PM
On SkySports.....

Sky Sports understands Nish would rather retire rather than play for the sheep hsaggin ba...

Vini1875
10-05-2010, 08:25 PM
and so the pish rumours begin, with journalists sitting around in news rooms speculating wildly on who is after who.

Isn't this the time when players and managers etc f*** off on holidays etc and no business of any kind is done, other than managers sitting down with chairman to discuss how little money they have to spend.

hibeemad
10-05-2010, 08:26 PM
lets hope this is true

houston1875
10-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Tell them to go and get tae france!!!!

Mr Nish got a trip to europe to look forward to!!

TheMentalHibees
10-05-2010, 08:32 PM
He's a born and bred Hibee currently playing for Hibs....... why would he want to leave for the sheep ****gers?

col02
10-05-2010, 08:37 PM
He's a born and bred Hibee currently playing for Hibs....... why would he want to leave for the sheep ****gers?

Up until yesterday he was much maligned by the trumpet element of our support!

houston1875
10-05-2010, 08:38 PM

exactly!!!!!

bubblesmorrison
10-05-2010, 08:41 PM
not by us all i would like to say i as well as alot of hibs fans mostly the 5% that have a clue about football :greengrin have stuck behind the big mand and 5 goals in 2 games he has thanked us

woodythehibee
10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Yogi is a massive fan of Nishy and cannot see him going anywhere. It's just typical of Mark McGhee to do all his transfer work through the media

marinello59
10-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Yogi is a massive fan of Nishy and cannot see him going anywhere. It's just typical of Mark McGhee to do all his transfer work through the media

Aye, and still nobody signs for him. I hope Nish is still at ER next season but if he does leave he can do better than that crumbling excuse of a club.

houston1875
10-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Aye, and still nobody signs for him. I hope Nish is still at ER next season but if he does leave he can do better than that crumbling excuse of a club.

:top marks... crumbling good description

zlatan
10-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Football fans fickle? No chance.

Toaods
10-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Any offer over and above money back should be snapped up and reinvested in Kyle.

emmjayfox
10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
If hes still at ER next season lets hope he can stay on his feet a bit longer during games, learns to control the ball a lot better and can master the offside rule far better than he does. :wink:

HibbyAndy
10-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Any offer over and above money back should be snapped up and reinvested in Kyle.

I agree...I like Nishy but id rather have KK in his place..Nish has bagged 5 goals in 2 games fair enough but id take KK and say thanks Colin.

weecounty hibby
10-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I agree...I like Nishy but id rather have KK in his place..Nish has bagged 5 goals in 2 games fair enough but id take KK and say thanks Colin.
Was Kyles record much better than Nish?
I would keep Nish before Kyle. Tries 100% every week, scores goals, his SPL record proves this, gives no trouble to the manager, unlike Kyle. Sorry but I think keep Nish forget Kyle.

HibbyAndy
10-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Was Kyles record much better than Nish?
I would keep Nish before Kyle. Tries 100% every week, scores goals, his SPL record proves this, gives no trouble to the manager, unlike Kyle. Sorry but I think keep Nish forget Kyle.

Fair enough mate..Opinions and that, I actually think KK would be the perfect foil for Stokes. A serious target man that wins every single flick on, Nish for me doesnt, Spends half his time moaning at the ref..im delighted he had a good end to the season, And you could say his goals got us in Europe, But KK ahead of CN for me everytime.

col02
10-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Fair enough mate..Opinions and that, I actually think KK would be the perfect foil for Stokes. A serious target man that wins every single flick on, Nish for me doesnt, Spends half his time moaning at the ref..im delighted he had a good end to the season, And you could say his goals got us in Europe, But KK ahead of CN for me everytime.

What about Nish and Riordan up front together with the money from Stokes being sold strengthening the defensive side of our team? Nish and Riordan seemed to click well together the season before this along with Fletcher too.

weecounty hibby
10-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I agree it is about opinions, but serious question here, what has Kyle done in his career to have some of us excited at the prospect of him joining Hibs? Nish is in the top ten SPl goalscorers. Kyle is injury prone, seems a bit of a trouble maker, he even pissed off on trial to Russia as his team were battling relegation.
Give me Nish any time. He does look awkward at times and some games he is poor but he tries every week and he knows what it means to wear that jersey.

Gerrintaethem
10-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Mark Mcghee :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Westie1875
10-05-2010, 09:35 PM
The sheepies & Mark McGhoo can GTF, they've got no cash :bye:

HibbyAndy
10-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I agree it is about opinions, but serious question here, what has Kyle done in his career to have some of us excited at the prospect of him joining Hibs? Nish is in the top ten SPl goalscorers. Kyle is injury prone, seems a bit of a trouble maker, he even pissed off on trial to Russia as his team were battling relegation.
Give me Nish any time. He does look awkward at times and some games he is poor but he tries every week and he knows what it means to wear that jersey.

Strangely as this may seem..but KK in a hibs team would create more goals for hibs than CN would..And your spot on about Nish's goalscoring record.. Lets be brutally honest here, how many flick ons does Nish win? how many times does he set a player clean threw with his head?.think of games at tynecastle when he spends his time on his erse, KK is a big bully.. a thug if you like, he wins aerial dutys all day long..id just take any money Aberdeen offered and get KK.

Toaods
10-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Nish is in the top ten SPl goalscorers. .

... this has been getting churned out every day and makes me laugh.

He's not exactly an accomplished finisher or the best any of his clubs have ever had.

The vast majority of strikers in the SPL showing any sign of ability quickly moved on to richer surroundings, from Barnsley upwards, with the exception of the brutaly slow Kris Boyd who will be doing above his own wildest expectations to last more than a season in the Premiership.

Ed De Gramo
10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Nishy over Kyle for me...

Don't rate Kyle, never have...never will! He's a trouble making imposter.

Sooner he ****s off out of Scotland the better

Gaun yerself Nishy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
10-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Nishy over Kyle for me...

Don't rate Kyle, never have...never will! He's a trouble making imposter.

Sooner he ****s off out of Scotland the better

Gaun yerself Nishy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do you ever post anything constructive :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Do you ever post anything constructive :greengrin

Thats as constructive as i'll get on that wage thief.

HibbyAndy
10-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Thats as constructive as i'll get on that wage thief.

:greengrin

Hope your good Gramo son, Get a Jar with you next season mate :agree:

Ed De Gramo
10-05-2010, 09:53 PM

Hope your good Gramo son, Get a Jar with you next season mate :agree:

You're buying mind :wink::thumbsup:

Calvin
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Nish has been poor all season. Would be pleased to see him leave.

HibbyAndy
10-05-2010, 09:57 PM
You're buying mind :wink::thumbsup:

:hilarious

Ament aye always :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

SRHibs
10-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Nish out, O'Connor in - Wouldn't be too shabby.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Nish has done well recently, and on that form would be fine. I dont think he can keep that up for a season consistantly, so would like a better player. We need better to keep progressing imho.

PeterboroHibee
10-05-2010, 10:05 PM
If Kyles the alternative, no thanks. I like Nish, and would be happy for him to stay unless we got a significantly better option in, but yet to see us linked to anyone properly.

keep the faith
10-05-2010, 10:19 PM

That's the one for me!

Cabbage East
10-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I'd have single fish over Kevin Kyle any day.

Bishop Hibee
10-05-2010, 10:30 PM
I'd have single fish over Kevin Kyle any day.

:agree: Benji to leave and either Kurtis Byrne to step up to the plate or a new CF please Yogi.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-05-2010, 11:17 PM
We need another Chris Killen.

yekimevol
10-05-2010, 11:43 PM
no way they could afford the fee cause hes one of the 10 ten goal scores in spl history and climbing !!!

--------
10-05-2010, 11:52 PM

Kyle in for Nish - naw, doesn't make sense. Don't see Kyle as really any better than Nish, and as for him being a target man for Stokes, I would be very surprised of Stokes is with us beyond the end of next season. I'm not Stokes' biggest fan anyway.

Garry O'Connor coming in would be nice, but I still would think twice before moving Nish on. If we could persuade someone to offer seven figures for Stokes, I'd take it, and keep Nish.

NaeTechnoHibby
11-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Kyle in for Nish - naw, doesn't make sense. Don't see Kyle as really any better than Nish, and as for him being a target man for Stokes, I would be very surprised of Stokes is with us beyond the end of next season. I'm not Stokes' biggest fan anyway.

Garry O'Connor coming in would be nice, but I still would think twice before moving Nish on. If we could persuade someone to offer seven figures for Stokes, I'd take it, and keep Nish.

Amen, brother :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
11-05-2010, 07:04 AM
:woohoo:

Hakim Sar
11-05-2010, 07:15 AM
aberdeen will sign up youth players this summer, think there is a chance they will get kyle.... the rest will be loan signings imo

Holmesdale Hibs
11-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Up until yesterday he was much maligned by the trumpet element of our support!

True but Aberdeen fans must be the worst in Scotland when it comes turning on their own team.

Having endured the second half of last season and ended it on such a high, my guess is any player would want to stay. Add to that that 1) he's a Hibs fan 2) we are in Europe 3) we have a new stand and 4) sheep have no money, I would be very surprised if he left.

JimBHibees
11-05-2010, 10:15 AM
True but Aberdeen fans must be the worst in Scotland when it comes turning on their own team.

Having endured the second half of last season and ended it on such a high, my guess is any player would want to stay. Add to that that 1) he's a Hibs fan 2) we are in Europe 3) we have a new stand and 4) sheep have no money, I would be very surprised if he left.

He will only move on if he is encouraged to do so by Yogi IMO. Maybe he has been told we are bringing in better. He also may fancy getting away from some ER fans some of which find it difficult to criticise without being personally abusive in saying that Pittodrie wouldnt be an obvious improvement in that regard. :greengrin

Hibs90
11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Want Nish to stay, and don't think he will go anywhere to be honest.

Gingertosser
11-05-2010, 12:02 PM
I've been bewildered all season long why Nish keeps getting a game, and scoring 5 goals in the last 2 games hasn't altered my opinion, that he is up there with Clayton Donaldson as one of the worst strikers I've ever seen, at ER or beyond.

I'd rather have Nade than Nish.

--------
11-05-2010, 12:10 PM
I've been bewildered all season long why Nish keeps getting a game, and scoring 5 goals in the last 2 games hasn't altered my opinion, that he is up there with Clayton Donaldson as one of the worst strikers I've ever seen, at ER or beyond.

Whit? You've taken that too far, young man. :wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
11-05-2010, 12:12 PM

Not a chance. Some of the comparisons on here are rediculous. I even saw someone the other day compare him to Hurtado!

Nish is a decent SPL striker. Until we find more money or another good youth player, he is 'Hibs class'. Not as good as Riordan and Stokes fair enough but he is nowhere near the worst strikers to have played at ER.

As for Nade, scoring 5 goals in 2 games is already more than that fat **** did over the whole season. He probably covered more gound in those 2 matches as well.

ekhibee
11-05-2010, 12:13 PM
IIRC they enquired about him in January, think Yogi pretty much laughed off the offer though.

Still not sure about Nish, he's not great but he does have a decent scoring record for the SPL, usually gets a few assists as well, even if he does look a big huddy.

Think i wouldn't mind him staying as a squad player, still not convinced he should be starting as many games as he did last season though.
Yep, I was thinking the same as you. Would still want decent money for him obviously if he was to go, but can't really see this happening, he loves Hibs, and would be a useful option to have, even though I totally agree that he starts too many games really.

--------
11-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Not a chance. Some of the comparisons on here are rediculous. I even saw someone the other day compare him to Hurtado!

Nish is a decent SPL striker. Until we find more money or another good youth player, he is 'Hibs class'. Not as good as Riordan and Stokes fair enough but he is nowhere near the worst strikers to have played at ER.

As for Nade, scoring 5 goals in 2 games is already more than that fat **** did over the whole season. He probably covered more gound in those 2 matches as well.

:agree:

I sometimes wonder how he would do with another big guy up alongside him - one like Garry O who has a different style altogether.

hibee4life1983
11-05-2010, 03:26 PM

Thats the game.

Barney McGrew
11-05-2010, 03:40 PM
True but Aberdeen fans must be the worst in Scotland when it comes turning on their own team

Have you been to ER much this season :cool2:

hstn747
11-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I've always thought that John Sutton from Motherwell could be a good option. He always struck me as a clever player, strong and good finisher esp with his head - a bit llike Killen. I've no idea why he doesn't play more, whether it's injuries, attitude or if he's just not rated there.

Think i'd sooner have him than Kyle.

Dunbar Hibee
11-05-2010, 05:19 PM

Just take the ginger out of your name and that will describe you perfectly. Hideous post from you sir.

Oscar Lomax
11-05-2010, 06:30 PM

Im sure it will be more the case that Hibs want to offload him. Surely we can get better players in than him, born and bred Hibee or not !!! Personally I would free him. I think there will be a few going this close season and Nishy might be one off them.

Aldo
11-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I know the pisssshy Football Rumours has mentioned this BUT would you swap

Zander Diamaond

for

Colin Nish????????????????????????

I think I would consider it....Thoughts ladies and gents!!

Barney McGrew
11-05-2010, 07:01 PM
would you swap

Zander Diamaond

for

Colin Nish?

I wouldn't swap Zander Diamond for Amadou Konte.

The guy is a total bombscare.

Oscar Lomax
11-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't swap Zander Diamond for Amadou Konte.

The guy is a total bombscare.

You not getting mixed up with our very own bombscare, Bamba ????

Dunbar Hibee
11-05-2010, 07:35 PM
You not getting mixed up with our very own bombscare, Bamba ????

No

Dunbar Hibee
11-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I know the pisssshy Football Rumours has mentioned this BUT would you swap

Zander Diamaond

for

Colin Nish????????????????????????

I think I would consider it....Thoughts ladies and gents!!

No chance!

Gingertosser
12-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Just take the ginger out of your name and that will describe you perfectly. Hideous post from you sir.

Try and be constructive, if you don't agree, tell me why !!!!

Leith Green
12-05-2010, 10:49 AM

He told you why.. Because you are a tosser :greengrin

Removed
12-05-2010, 10:54 AM

Because anyone that posts "I rather have Nade than Nish" has obviously escaped from a mental institution

3pm
12-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Nish now being chased by Barnsley according to the BBC gossip column.

Dunbar Hibee
12-05-2010, 01:59 PM

You really don't know why ? How about you look up Nade's scoring record compared to Nish's then tell me who you'd rather have.:wink:

Dunbar Hibee
12-05-2010, 02:00 PM
He told you why.. Because you are a tosser :greengrin

:greengrin:faf:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Stubborness or stupidity? I don't know:confused:

eastmainsmsh
12-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Keep Nishy.... gamble on stokes take the money ........ keep benji ....... maybe try n get sparky from dundee .............no chance will we get O Connor .........stokes is class but settle for 1.5 million :agree:......re coup for next season get some quality .....there is a few good players available down south ..... jonothan macken, franny jeffers,lee trundle , for eg available on frees