PDA

View Full Version : Were are the moaners today?

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 04:21 PM
raspberry

joebakerforever
10-05-2010, 04:25 PM
raspberry

Nah SOOR PLOOMS (or should that be sour plums ?) :greengrin

The_Sauz
10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Hughes must go!!!

Nish is Pish!!

Rankin is a waste of space!!!

Hogg is a nightmare

:fishin:

Happy Now :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Hughes must go!!!

Nish is Pish!!

Rankin is a waste of space!!!

Hogg is a nightmare

:fishin:
Happy Now :greengrin

Cheers, its awfy quiet though, all this failure must have got to them.:wink:

HibbyAndy
10-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Aye mon where's all the doom and gloom merchants?..Like i say, I honestly feel there's those that WANTED Hughes to fail rather than THINKING he would.

Very good season indeed, 4th place in his 1st season :cool2:

Very nice:agree:

Beefster
10-05-2010, 04:59 PM
John Hughes has lost the plot with his aftermath comments.

Please leave John and take you giggling smile at fulltime with you.

That made me sick..Im now in the anti get JH TF camp.

Aye mon where's all the doom and gloom merchants?..Like i say, I honestly feel there's those that WANTED Hughes to fail rather than THINKING he would.

Probably changing their minds?

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 05:00 PM

What do you mean 4th? Did we finish 4th? We were told 6th was the best we could hope for, and Motherwell and Hearts were certs to finish above us? You know who you are.:faf:

HibbyAndy
10-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Probably changing their minds?

:hilarious

To be very fair tho..i did come out the next day and said i was very rash and harsh..Dig that post up:agree:

Beefster
10-05-2010, 05:02 PM
:hilarious

To be very fair tho..i did come out the next day and said i was very rash and harsh..Dig that post up:agree:

I know you did. Just teasing!

ronaldo7
While we're still having a party:party::partyhibb

They are in their beds:greengrin:rotflmao:

HibbyAndy
I know you did. Just teasing!

:greengrin

MSK
10-05-2010, 05:08 PM
raspberryWe had a similar thread yest ...someone beat you to the "Hey look at me" thread ...but hey ..you can have this one all to yourself ...

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 05:16 PM
We had a similar thread yest ...someone beat you to the "Hey look at me" thread ...but hey ..you can have this one all to yourself ...

Thanks, after the stick i have taken from certain folk i deserve my own one.:wink:

Toaods
10-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Just checked the stats - we have the lowest number of points for finishing 4th in the last 11 years so dont get too full of yourself...ya big child that you are :-)

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Just checked the stats - we have the lowest number of points for finishing 4th in the last 11 years so dont get too full of yourself...ya big child that you are :-)

I dont care. Blackpoolhibs 1 moaning *******s 0.:greengrin

3pm
10-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I have expressed concerns - they haven't gone though. I don't think Yogi is the man for the long haul but time will tell........and I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. :agree: Celebrating squeezing into 4th after the position we were in isn't enough to get me doing cartwheels either.

However, we don't get that much European football so lets enjoy it and see what the new season brings. :thumbsup:

PS - I don't think anyone actually enjoys moaning, but I think a few of the moans have been justified. It's the personal abuse that is a bit daft! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 05:36 PM
I have expressed concerns - they haven't gone though. I don't think Yogi is the man for the long haul but time will tell........and I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. :agree: Celebrating squeezing into 4th after the position we were in isn't enough to get me doing cartwheels either.

However, we don't get that much European football so lets enjoy it and see what the new season brings. :thumbsup:

PS - I don't think anyone actually enjoys moaning, but I think a few of the moans have been justified. It's the personal abuse that is a bit daft! :greengrin

There is nothing wrong in having a moan, christ i have done my fair share.:wink: What was the most annoying thing for me, was what appeared to me to be hatred of the manager by certain folk. And a conserted effort by
some to undermind him, and basically a campaingn against hibs, rather than support us, when we were actually in a European position, and needed the support more than ever.

These people behaved dispicably imho, and they certainly were not helping or supporting the club. Giving up when we were in such a good position, again imho is criminal, i just dont understand it. If we were in a relegation fight, i could understand that, but this season has seen a different Hibs fan emerge, one i dont like.:bitchy:

Ray_
10-05-2010, 05:41 PM
raspberry

Let us have a chance, its close season & the transfer market hasn't opened yet, mind you, just to keep my hand in, it is "WHERE" not were :grr:

Cabbage1875
10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
There is nothing wrong in having a moan, christ i have done my fair share.:wink: What was the most annoying thing for me, was what appeared to me to be hatred of the manager by certain folk. And a conserted effort by
some to undermind him, and basically a campaingn against hibs, rather than support us, when we were actually in a European position, and needed the support more than ever.

These people behaved dispicably imho, and they certainly were not helping or supporting the club. Giving up when we were in such a good position, again imho is criminal, i just dont understand it. If we were in a relegation fight, i could understand that, but this season has seen a different Hibs fan emerge, one i dont like.:bitchy:

Absolute rubbish. I still attended every match (even on Sunday unbelievably :wink: ) and supported the team as best I could! I havent been watching the last 3 months with my eyes closed, though. And I'm under no illusions that beating a disinterested Dundee Utd reserve side means that things are hunky dory.

I will however enjoy the Hearts being in our shadows and the impending (at least one please Hibs) Euro away trip!

Yogi must stay :greengrin

MacBean
10-05-2010, 05:44 PM
PEDANT ALERT

WHERE

:devil:

3pm
10-05-2010, 05:50 PM

The whole board is fickle BH. I take what I read on here with a pinch of salt! There are certain people who try to give an honest appraisal but others bow to the hysteria of a forum. You have said before that it's better to do it here than ER and if truth be told I don't think there is any comparison between the negativity of Hibs.net and the abuse that trancends to the pitch, it could have been far worse. It has been quiet of late but sometimes players have a responsibility to get the fans up for it than the other way about all the time!

Sir David Gray
10-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Last Wednesday night and Thursday, in the aftermath of the game at Fir Park, I was extremely angry, probably angrier than I have been after any match in my time following Hibs.

Although I said things to the contrary, I made some kneejerk remarks at the time regarding Hughes which were borne out of sheer frustration.

Although I still have some real concerns for next season, I think all things considered, 4th place in his first season should be deemed a success for Hughes and he should now be given an opportunity to improve the squad in the summer and get us into a position where we can put in a strong challenge for 3rd place next year.

We have everything else in place now, off the field, for the club to be a success and I think we just need four or five new faces in the summer in key areas, for us to really progress and push on over the next 12 months and beyond.

Toaods
10-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I dont care. Blackpoolhibs 1 moaning *******s 0.:greengrin

..ohh forgot that earlier I meant to add......:fibber:

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 06:11 PM
The whole board is fickle BH. I take what I read on here with a pinch of salt! There are certain people who try to give an honest appraisal but others bow to the hysteria of a forum. You have said before that it's better to do it here than ER and if truth be told I don't think there is any comparison between the negativity of Hibs.net and the abuse that trancends to the pitch, it could have been far worse. It has been quiet of late but sometimes players have a responsibility to get the fans up for it than the other way about all the time!

Yes i understand that, but again imho some of the abuse given to the team and manager AT easter road is so way over the top, is just wrong. Maybe the internet is the reason, or one of the reasons for it. What i do know is it does not help, and i stand by what i have said, there have been some folk on here, who have had an agenda aginst the manager from day 1. And those very same folk couldnt wait for a downturn in form, to get stuck right into him. I'm so glad Yogi has given them a huge GIRFUY. :thumbsup:

erskine-hibby
10-05-2010, 06:21 PM

:kettle:

So it was ok for you to say these things against Mixu then?
Infact most of what I have read against Yogi was mild compared to your condamnation of Mixu.
Where was your, so called, support then??

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2010, 06:23 PM

If Yogi is as great a manager as you seem to think he is , we would not have been scratching about on the last day of the season hoping that Motherwell dropped points at Ibrox after being almost guaranteed a European place in February. However, I for one am delighted that we managed to stumble over the finish line and await with anticipation the "great ones`" wheeling and dealing over the summer. He says he knows what is required so lets hope he brings in the right players..

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 06:27 PM
:kettle:

So it was ok for you to say these things against Mixu then?
Infact most of what I have read against Yogi was mild compared to your condamnation of Mixu.
Where was your, so called, support then??

As i said, i dont think its wrong to mump and moan when we are struggling to make the top 6, we were in a european place, and you want rid of the manager.:confused:

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 06:30 PM
If Yogi is as great a manager as you seem to think he is , we would not have been scratching about on the last day of the season hoping that Motherwell dropped points at Ibrox after being almost guaranteed a European place in February. However, I for one am delighted that we managed to stumble over the finish line and await with anticipation the "great ones`" wheeling and dealing over the summer. He says he knows what is required so lets hope he brings in the right players..

There you go making things up again. Point me to were i have said he's a great manager? I saw enough of what he did early in the season, to give him time to take us forward.

Arch Stanton
10-05-2010, 06:31 PM

I know what you mean - expressing hatred to JH is indeed despicable. Equally despicable is the deriding of the likes of Benji and Maka or whoever else people decide to slag off.

Now, while I appreciate you are a sad git that wants to be the negative police and also wants to decide what in particular people can or cannot be negative about, the fact is JH has exhibited serious flaws as a manager and I cannot for the life of me see what is wrong in articulating this.

bighairyfaeleith
10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I think everyone here is missing the big issue.

This thread title should be "Where are the moaners today?"

Simply not good enough, follow hughes out the door blackpool:grr:

erskine-hibby
10-05-2010, 06:38 PM
As i said, i dont think its wrong to mump and moan when we are struggling to make the top 6, we were in a european place, and you want rid of the manager.:confused:

With the squad we have and the league we are in, 4th should have been a given. As it is we stumbled over the line and had to rely on rangers not to get beaten by Motherwell to do so. Had it not been for the good start, lucky start in many ways (even your God Yogi said so), things could have been very different indeed. As it is it wasn't and I am happy that we are in Europe, I'm happy that I was proved wrong about not getting any points out of the last couple of games, but I am far from happy about our end to the season, Yogi's tactics, his apparent lack of man management skill and I am very. very unsure he is the man to take us forward.

we are hibs
10-05-2010, 06:40 PM
the last three seasons before this we have finished 6th must be a improvement some where:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

all hail yogi!!!!!!!!!!!

erskine-hibby
10-05-2010, 06:42 PM
the last three seasons before this we have finished 6th must be a improvement some where:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

all hail yogi!!!!!!!!!!!

Or perhaps a dramatic fall in the standard of our league???

we are hibs
10-05-2010, 06:43 PM

maybe:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I know what you mean - expressing hatred to JH is indeed despicable. Equally despicable is the deriding of the likes of Benji and Maka or whoever else people decide to slag off.

Now, while I appreciate you are a sad git that wants to be the negative police and also wants to decide what in particular people can or cannot be negative about, the fact is JH has exhibited serious flaws as a manager and I cannot for the life of me see what is wrong in articulating this.

Nothing wrong in it, especially on here. Although i do have my suspicions it also transfers itself onto the terraces, and thats not right. Also he was not given a chance by some, who were quick enough to tell us so when he was appointed. And those very same people have been snipping away at him ever since, and it seemed to me, they were loving every minute of it. Its for those folk the GIFUY was for.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I think everyone here is missing the big issue.

This thread title should be "Where are the moaners today?"

Simply not good enough, follow hughes out the door blackpool:grr:

I really dont think you want any of your recent posts bringing back to the top.:faf:

1875godsgift
10-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Ferkin hell, Mr. Brightside strikes again!

Arch Stanton
10-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Nothing wrong in it, especially on here. Although i do have my suspicions it also transfers itself onto the terraces, and thats not right. Also he was not given a chance by some, who were quick enough to tell us so when he was appointed. And those very same people have been snipping away at him ever since, and it seemed to me, they were loving every minute of it. Its for those folk the GIFUY was for.

I think you are wrong there - I'm sure a lot of people just dislike him for his big 'look at me I'm great' personality - that only gets you by if you really are great, otherwise you are in the firing line.

Now, if I'm being honest, I dislike that aspect of him myself but I'd like to think that any criticisms I make of him are rational.

erskine-hibby
10-05-2010, 07:03 PM

Things are getting bad when you can't even ask a question on here.
You can't really say that this season the league, in general, hasn't been worse than in recent times?.
Rangers have had no money in which to strenghten their squad...yet still won the league, celtic have been more than poor, hearts...well the less said about them the bettter( though they still got the better of us), aberdeen..joke, motherwell,killie and the rest poor in the extream, so to come 4th, as I said, should really have been a given instead of a slog.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2010, 07:04 PM
raspberry

:faf:

Brizo
10-05-2010, 07:06 PM

Tbh I didnt see any out and out hatred but did see plenty harsh criticism , altho wouldnt pretend I read every Yogi thread. Devils advocate hat on but if it had been say Terry Butcher or Peter Grant in the managers chair over the last 18 games I think there would have been a lot more criticism and some real hatred from the mb and more importantly from the stands.

Its been like two separate seasons in one , one exceeding expectations the other relegation form. Two extremes which provoked extreme reactions , both positive and negative. 4th spots certainly a success based on the season overall and our SPL history. But as a 4th or even higher was being taken as a given in January and we just made it by a baw hair on the last day im certainly not going overboard. 4th spots a successful end to the season and credit to Yogi but it doesnt invalidate peoples genuine concerns about various aspects of his management.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I think you are wrong there - I'm sure a lot of people just dislike him for his big 'look at me I'm great' personality - that only gets you by if you really are great, otherwise you are in the firing line.

Now, if I'm being honest, I dislike that aspect of him myself but I'd like to think that any criticisms I make of him are rational.

Thats fair enough, and thats your opinion. Others may like the larger than life style, its just who he is. Personally i'd have Graham Rix as manager, as long as we made a European spot every year, and improved as we have.

DarlingtonHibee
10-05-2010, 07:07 PM
raspberry

Give it a couple of weeks, despite a great result yestrerday, the Russian taxi driver will be driving Brian Kennedy up to Easter Road for an " exclusive" takeover - of course he won't give his source, but it will be sound....

Well done the Hibs yesterday...

Dashing Bob S
10-05-2010, 07:08 PM

I was pro Hughes and thought it was a great appointment. Like many others I was annoyed frustrated and depressed at the slump but never saw binning the manager as a sensible or even viable option when we were still -albeit astonishingly- challenging for Europe. Others disagreed, fair enough. But I do take exception to the personal abuse some people dish out to JH on this board, and Mixu and JC before him. All of those chaps, whatever their flaws, wanted and want nothing but the best for the club they served with distinction.

bighairyfaeleith
10-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I really dont think you want any of your recent posts bringing back to the top.:faf:

Actually I'm ok with it, don't say it unless you are happy to admit you were wrong or admit you still believe it.

Happy we have got into europe, but didn't think last week we had a cat in hells chance, delighted to be proved wrong.

Still don't think Hughes is the right man for the job, but would love to be proved wrong.

Still think nish is never hibs class even after the last couple of games, but would love to be proved wrong.

Still think rankin should be one of the first out of the door in the summer.

Still think an argument about only being allowed to criticise your team if you are in the bottom six is :faf:

Still think the speed at which some fans want to define themselves as better fans than others is a bit off.

Still think berating an individual player/manager throughout a game is wrong.

Opinions eh!

3pm
10-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Thats fair enough, and thats your opinion. Others may like the larger than life style, its just who he is. Personally i'd have Graham Rix as manager, as long as we made a European spot every year, and improved as we have.

Defensive. Likes it tight at the back.

erskine-hibby
10-05-2010, 07:12 PM

He wouldn't have you...too old:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
10-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Defensive. Likes it tight at the back.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I was pro Hughes and thought it was a great appointment. Like many others I was annoyed frustrated and depressed at the slump but never saw binning the manager as a sensible or even viable option when we were still -albeit astonishingly- challenging for Europe. Others disagreed, fair enough. But I do take exception to the personal abuse some people dish out to JH on this board, and Mixu and JC before him. All of those chaps, whatever their flaws, wanted and want nothing but the best for the club they served with distinction.

Something you and i were not shy in doing Bob. What is galling, and i have said it before, was our league placing. We were never out the top 5, sometimes 3rd but finished 4th. When did that become not good enough at Hibs? When was that so bad, the manager should get hounded?

poolman
10-05-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm with you on this BH

for Chrissake some were wanting Yogi sacked after the Fir Park game :bitchy:

All in all it was a good season apart from the final third obviously :agree:

How many would have taken 4th back last August and qualifying for Yoorup

down the slope
10-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Moaners central here, still think he is not the man for the job but time will tell, it will give me no pleasure in being correct which you will not believe i'm sure.
Have a look at the goals against which is getting on for joke level.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Moaners central here, still think he is not the man for the job but time will tell, it will give me no pleasure in being correct which you will not believe i'm sure.
Have a look at the goals against which is getting on for joke level.

How many did we score? How is our goal difference compared to the rest? And do you not think we will try and remedy the defence next season?

The Voice Of Reason
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Said it before and will say it again - YOGI MUST STAY ! :thumbsup:

I can only presume that "The Quiet Man" has you on "ignore" Blackpool !!!! :wink:

basehibby
10-05-2010, 08:41 PM

I'd agree there's nothing wrong in articulating concerns about the manager on here - it's a forum afterall. What has been lacking from a great many posters though is any degree of objectivity - eg. listing all JH's faults as well as making a few up for good measure while completely ignoring his qualities.
Or drastically exagerating the slump in form for negative effect while conveniently ignoring and/or attempting to dismiss as "lucky" the excellent 6 months leading up to it.

The negative hysteria which the above added up to got right up my nose as well and, like BpH, I'm enjoying having a good gloat now that things have turned out rosy in the end. :greengrin

col02
10-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I hope BlackpoolHibs has had a taste of his own medicine from last season now! We are Hibs supporters and even when things are bad we should try and stay calm and rational rather than posting knee jerk comments.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I hope BlackpoolHibs has had a taste of his own medicine from last season now! We are Hibs supporters and even when things are bad we should try and stay calm and rational rather than posting knee jerk comments.

What own medicine? Show me where i wanted a succesfull Mixu out

col02
10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
What own medicine? Show me where i wanted a succesfull Mixu out

Your constant whinging last season on this site was as bad as the constant whinging by people wanting Hughes out this season! Mixu was no World beater but he worked as hard as he possibly could with the players he had just as Hughes has this season.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Your constant whinging last season on this site was as bad as the constant whinging by people wanting Hughes out this season! Mixu was no World beater but he worked as hard as he possibly could with the players he had just as Hughes has this season.

So its the same to want an unsuccesful manager out as a succesful one. :faf:

col02
10-05-2010, 08:57 PM

You were calling for Mixu's head for most of last season before it was even decided whether Hibs would be successful or not. This is the same as some irrational people were doing this season with regards to Hughes yet you see fit to criticise them for their opinion? Crazy World you live in when you think you can do this but nobody else can!

Toaods
10-05-2010, 08:58 PM

I must have missed something...what did we win? Last manager I recall achieving glory was JC.

The report card for Yogi will say mixed bag but can do better.

Iggy Pope
10-05-2010, 09:11 PM
I must have missed something...what did we win? Last manager I recall achieving glory was JC.

Surely making Europe counts as success? We never managed that under JC, cup win or not.

Toaods
10-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Surely making Europe counts as success? We never managed that under JC, cup win or not.

..Gretna? Queen of the South? Ross County (mibee)?

I think our(all of us) standing in Europe has fallen away. We hold no fear for European teams and are being left behind by the emerging nations.

SloopJB
10-05-2010, 09:17 PM
At least this season has brought us all together with one common goal, to support Hibs and continue to improve.
Ok, two common goals with the continue to improve and make the Euro campaign as successful as possible.

Ok, three taking in the Euro thingy and building a new tea....
sod it

Stop arguing you lot and get to your rooms

Iggy Pope
10-05-2010, 09:19 PM

I think our(all of us) standing in Europe has fallen away. We hold no fear for European teams and are being left behind by the emerging nations.

All of the above 3 got to Scottish Cup Finals - don't you want that along with a higher than 6th finish?

Iggy Pope
10-05-2010, 09:25 PM

It's given you another opportunity at introducing party games on the next Baltic state train ride too..............

Dave Vanian
David Icke
DLT.........:wink:

Toaods
10-05-2010, 09:29 PM
It's given you another opportunity at introducing party games on the next Baltic state train ride too..............

Dave Vanian
David Icke
DLT.........:wink:

I ran out of ideas after no 538 (David Bedford) though plus my passports needing renewed. :boo hoo:

fun aside though, not saying I don't want to enjoy such great trips and memories, that would be daft - it's just that for me, we usually we go into such ventures full of enthusiasm and hope but we it has just been too disjointed for me this 2nd part of the season. Have never professed to being a Yogi fan but I gave him the well done on the first thread that called on people to do so.....perhaps I'll mellow with a bit more age or a couple of pre-season signings and friendly wins.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 09:49 PM
You were calling for Mixu's head for most of last season before it was even decided whether Hibs would be successful or not. This is the same as some irrational people were doing this season with regards to Hughes yet you see fit to criticise them for their opinion? Crazy World you live in when you think you can do this but nobody else can!

Bull****, check my posts. Its was after the Hearts cup game i wanted him out. :bitchy: Dont let your lies get in the way though.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2010, 09:51 PM

If we only counted cup wins, we'd be moaning a lot more than we are. Europe is a success for us, we dont do it that often, so when we do, its a successful season.

Dashing Bob S
10-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Putting aside the IntertwoBob stuff, we've qualified for Europe twice in the last ten years.

Yes, this is against the bigger background of spectacular underachievement in this area for roughly three decades.

So I don't think 1 out of 1 attempt in this decade is anything to be sneezed at.

Of course, I'd dearly love to see us qualify seven or eight years out of ten, like we did back in the sixties and seventies, but we have to start somewhere in order to reestablish this kind of pedigree, and it won't be done by changing the manager every 6 to 12 months.

With that in mind, anyone who does not consider this season as successful, albeit modestly, has clearing been watching a different club to me for the last thirty years.

1875godsgift
10-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Things are getting bad when you can't even ask a question on here.
You can't really say that this season the league, in general, hasn't been worse than in recent times?.
Rangers have had no money in which to strenghten their squad...yet still won the league, celtic have been more than poor, hearts...well the less said about them the bettter( though they still got the better of us), aberdeen..joke, motherwell,killie and the rest poor in the extream, so to come 4th, as I said, should really have been a given instead of a slog.
Sorry, it was just a general remark on your constant negativity.
I think our manager has done remarkably well in his first season in charge, losing a couple of intregal players at the start of his tenure didn't really help.
Fourth spot and European football in my opinion is a great end of season result, what, in your opinion, could we have achieved that could better that?
I realise that Rankers have no money to better their squad, but considering that their squad was hardly ****** in the first place and they have raped the SPL for the best players for the last god knows how many decades, Boyd, Miller, Whittaker, KT, the list is endless, that is hardly an argument.
The same applies to Celtc.
Yogi has made some very good signings, I'm sure you would agree, and our squad, on the whole, is better than last season.
Miller - excellent, tailed off a bit towards the end of the season- fitness problems?
Stokes - started poorly, excellent season though
Cregg - not quite up to it I don't think, but only a 1 year deal so it was a trial
McBride - excellent start, injury has hampered him
Stack - good solid keeper
Smith - has his moments but I think is Hibs class
Brown - not seen him play
Gow - on loan, might be worth a contract though
I just think it's so Yammish to want to ditch a manager just because he doesn't win the SPL in his first season, who do you think we are, Man City, Chelsea?
We're Hibs ffs, I've watched this team for 40 years and i don't expect miracles, but just give the guy a buckin chance, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Rant over.

1875godsgift
10-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Exactly, and I haven't slated Erskine Hibby for giving personal abuse to Yogi. I just think it's pointless giving a manager 1 season in charge, what is he able to change in that time?
Fair enough if you're Man City and can spend £250 million willy nilly, but ffs we're Hibs, spend £2.50 at RS McColls and you'd need a receipt!
Or am I thinking John Menzies?

NaeTechnoHibby
11-05-2010, 12:44 AM

Me too, John Collins delivered something tangible :cup: which for whatever reason was not able to progress from :agree: But I still hold him in high regard :thumbsup:

Mixu, we all loved and wanted to exceed JC's achievments , and that didnae come to pass :boo hoo:

JH is not exactly a "hero" or one of our previous much vaunted youngsters coming back , but none the less "one of us" and like the others before him we want him to get us success :agree:

He's got a bit of a "pedigree" as a manager and is expected to "do better" and that's where the slating comes from IMO

I like Yogi and I wish him well in the season ahead :thumbsup:

He'll need it :agree:

RMG_82
11-05-2010, 05:20 AM
raspberry

Dunno but i can make a hormone

ronaldo7
11-05-2010, 06:44 AM
I'd agree there's nothing wrong in articulating concerns about the manager on here - it's a forum afterall. What has been lacking from a great many posters though is any degree of objectivity - eg. listing all JH's faults as well as making a few up for good measure while completely ignoring his qualities.
Or drastically exagerating the slump in form for negative effect while conveniently ignoring and/or attempting to dismiss as "lucky" the excellent 6 months leading up to it.

The negative hysteria which the above added up to got right up my nose as well and, like BpH, I'm enjoying having a good gloat now that things have turned out rosy in the end. :greengrin

Once again Mike, Nail, hammer, head.:top marks

**** THE MOANERS

bighairyfaeleith
11-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Sorry, it was just a general remark on your constant negativity.
I think our manager has done remarkably well in his first season in charge, losing a couple of intregal players at the start of his tenure didn't really help.
Fourth spot and European football in my opinion is a great end of season result, what, in your opinion, could we have achieved that could better that?
I realise that Rankers have no money to better their squad, but considering that their squad was hardly ****** in the first place and they have raped the SPL for the best players for the last god knows how many decades, Boyd, Miller, Whittaker, KT, the list is endless, that is hardly an argument.
The same applies to Celtc.
Yogi has made some very good signings, I'm sure you would agree, and our squad, on the whole, is better than last season.
Miller - excellent, tailed off a bit towards the end of the season- fitness problems?
Stokes - started poorly, excellent season though
Cregg - not quite up to it I don't think, but only a 1 year deal so it was a trial
McBride - excellent start, injury has hampered him
Stack - good solid keeper
Smith - has his moments but I think is Hibs class
Brown - not seen him play
Gow - on loan, might be worth a contract though
I just think it's so Yammish to want to ditch a manager just because he doesn't win the SPL in his first season, who do you think we are, Man City, Chelsea?
We're Hibs ffs, I've watched this team for 40 years and i don't expect miracles, but just give the guy a buckin chance, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Rant over.

Who has said they expect us to win the league in the first season??:confused:

people got there backs up because of the terrible run we have been on, how many games did we go without a win again?

People got there backs up because the players were playing as though they didn't care.

people got there backs up because we rolled over and died at home to ross county and hearts in two terrible terrible performances. (these were no the only such performances)

People got pissed off because we threw away a 6-2 lead, a 6-2 lead FFS:grr:

People got pissed off at hughes making some really strange decisions in relation to formations and substitutions which arguably cost us points.

But it's ok because we beat an under strength Dundee Utd side who were clearly concentrating on the final in a weeks time.

We just and I mean just achieved success this season. I'm afraid however that going on the last four months performances the signs for next season aren't that encouraging. I hope to hell I'm wrong!!

By all means lets celebrate getting into europe, but lets not pretend everything is great just because we are in the top four!!!

RIP
11-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Messageboards are for moaning - the terracing is for supporting the team

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2010, 07:06 AM
We just and I mean just achieved success this season. I'm afraid however that going on the last four months performances the signs for next season aren't that encouraging. I hope to hell I'm wrong!!

In the last 4 months we beat Hamilton 5-1, won at Parkhead and Tannadice, and we also beat St Mirren, Falkirk and Killie. We were also unlucky to lose to Rangers at home and Celtic home and away. As well as being part of a freak result at Motherwell - which we still got a point from.

Maybe you'd be better cutting the term down to 2 or 3 months to make your point seem more valid? Stats can be manipulated into anything you like.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Who has said they expect us to win the league in the first season??:confused:
Nobody has said they expect us to win the league, but 4th place was not good enough for some?
people got there backs up because of the terrible run we have been on, how many games did we go without a win again?
Yes thats true, but some of those same people were very quiet :faf: when we were winning, and sitting pretty, one win from 2nd mid February.
People got there backs up because the players were playing as though they didn't care.
I never saw players playing as if they did not care?
people got there backs up because we rolled over and died at home to ross county and hearts in two terrible terrible performances. (these were no the only such performances)
Bad performances, we all could see that, although there were circumstances why, and we are work in progress.
People got pissed off because we threw away a 6-2 lead, a 6-2 lead FFS:grr:
Yes again looking at the negatives, no mention of how well we played to get 6-2 up, why?
People got pissed off at hughes making some really strange decisions in relation to formations and substitutions which arguably cost us points.
No mention of him going with 3 centre half on sunday, for the last 15 minutes, yet he has no plan B
But it's ok because we beat an under strength Dundee Utd side who were clearly concentrating on the final in a weeks time.
We must have won a few games to get into that position, i suppose we just got lucky again?
We'd have been better failing, its the hibs way i suppose.
By all means lets celebrate getting into europe, but lets not pretend everything is great just because we are in the top four!!!
The manager has been telling us from day 1, that he's miles away from were he wants to be, yet did a wonderful job getting us to 4th. Instead of ignoring what he's been saying, perhaps listening once and a while might help, and you wont get all carried away, thinking we are way better than we actually are?

bighairyfaeleith
11-05-2010, 07:25 AM
The manager has been telling us from day 1, that he's miles away from were he wants to be, yet did a wonderful job getting us to 4th. Instead of ignoring what he's been saying, perhaps listening once and a while might help, and you wont get all carried away, thinking we are way better than we actually are?

An interesting spin on it, and I'm not saying that there was not positives last season, but I don't think you can blame people for becoming pissed off given the way we almost threw everything away from feb onwards. I also think it's wrong to take this uber attitude to people who dared to criticise hughes and the team. Also the argument because we were in the top six so you shouldn't criticise your team:faf:

If your playing terrible football week in week out which we were (saved by the close season I might add) then you have the right to criticise, we're not yams who just sit by and let there team get abused week in week out, we're hibs and we voice our concerns!

You are grouping togther a lot of fans with your criticism of them, when the vast majority have just expressed how they felt.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 07:41 AM
An interesting spin on it, and I'm not saying that there was not positives last season, but I don't think you can blame people for becoming pissed off given the way we almost threw everything away from feb onwards. I also think it's wrong to take this uber attitude to people who dared to criticise hughes and the team. Also the argument because we were in the top six so you shouldn't criticise your team:faf:
I'm no uberfan, i'm only saying its rediculous to want a manager out, when he has us in a European spot? I have also said i dont agree with everything he does, but i also think he's done some good.
If your playing terrible football week in week out which we were (saved by the close season I might add) then you have the right to criticise, we're not yams who just sit by and let there team get abused week in week out, we're hibs and we voice our concerns!
Again no problem, but again, wanting rid when we are in a European spot, hysteria at its best on hibs.net.
You are grouping togther a lot of fans with your criticism of them, when the vast majority have just expressed how they felt.

No i'm not grouping a lot together, just those who were so over the top with their views. Getting rid of someone who has us in the best position in years.:faf::faf:

col02
11-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Bull****, check my posts. Its was after the Hearts cup game i wanted him out. :bitchy: Dont let your lies get in the way though.

Yeah yeah whatever re the lies if it suits your argument. All I know is that last season seeing you having posted on a thread was enough to have me not even bother reading it as it was guaranteed to be the same tired criticism over and over again. No wonder you changed tact this year as the needle must have been worn out from last year! You are one major hypocrite imho and a tad arrogant to think you can turn round to fans and slate them for doing what you did in the not so distant past! Still whatever floats your boat I guess.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Yeah yeah whatever re the lies if it suits your argument. All I know is that last season seeing you having posted on a thread was enough to have me not even bother reading it as it was guaranteed to be the same tired criticism over and over again. No wonder you changed tact this year as the needle must have been worn out from last year! You are one major hypocrite imho and a tad arrogant to think you can turn round to fans and slate them for doing what you did in the not so distant past! Still whatever floats your boat I guess.

You are the only one telling lies. I asked you to prove your quote on me slating the manager all through the last season of his tenure, but guess what? You cant. And i'm not doing the same as those fans today, Mixu never had us challenging for a European place all season. Keep making it up, keep up the lies. Maybe this time next year, Mixu will have been a success.:faf:

MSK
11-05-2010, 08:27 AM
You are the only one telling lies. I asked you to prove your quote on me slating the manager all through the last season of his tenure, but guess what? You cant. And i'm not doing the same as those fans today, Mixu never had us challenging for a European place all season. Keep making it up, keep up the lies. Maybe this time next year, Mixu will have been a success.:faf:G..is it not about time you put this **** to bed, you are now becoming a bit repetitive & boring to say the least, yer wee one man crusade is wearing a bit thin now & im sure im not the only one on this forum becoming a wee bit bored & tired wi it all now..

Time to move on ..

J-C
11-05-2010, 08:29 AM
You are the only one telling lies. I asked you to prove your quote on me slating the manager all through the last season of his tenure, but guess what? You cant. And i'm not doing the same as those fans today, Mixu never had us challenging for a European place all season. Keep making it up, keep up the lies. Maybe this time next year, Mixu will have been a success.:faf:

Gary, you're wasting your time with guys like this, they'll never accept anyone unless they give us an instant cup win and split the old firm in the first season.

down the slope
11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
So we beat DU reserves and now everything is rosy, aye right. We will see when the ST numbers are released if ever-it's all gone quiet there eh ?. People are not as dumb as some on here and will not be going back to watch the most mind numbing football we have seen in years, BH will be able to pick his row to sit in never mind a seat come next season.

J-C
11-05-2010, 08:32 AM
So we beat DU reserves and now everything is rosy, aye right. We will see when the ST numbers are released if ever-it's all gone quiet there eh ?. People are not as dumb as some on here and will not be going back to watch the most mind numbing football we have seen in years, BH will be able to pick his row to sit in never mind a seat come next season.

Ah that's the spirit, get right behind the team and encourage them into a new season and Europa league to boot.:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
11-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Its actually "wHere are the moaners" not were unless you meant to say "we are the moaners" then you are quite right.

basehibby
11-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Once again Mike, Nail, hammer, head.:top marks

**** THE MOANERS

Cheers Ron - saving up for Europe now that it's all over???

bawheid
11-05-2010, 10:46 AM
G..is it not about time you put this **** to bed, you are now becoming a bit repetitive & boring to say the least, yer wee one man crusade is wearing a bit thin now & im sure im not the only one on this forum becoming a wee bit bored & tired wi it all now..

Time to move on ..

It's not a one man crusade - BH is just heading it up. :wink:

Re: repetitive and boring: How about the months and months of bile those of a positive mindset had to put up with throughout our poor run of form?

Every day we had some prat or another telling us all how there was no doubt we would finish 6th, probably on less points than Hamilton, were certainties for relegation next year, etc, etc.

I have no problem with a bit of a redressing of the balance. The "told you so" posts can go on for another week yet IMO. :greengrin

basehibby
11-05-2010, 10:50 AM

People on here are generally not dumb enough to have a three second memory like you!
Most mind numbing football in years????? 6-6 draws too boring for you then??? And precisely when did Mixu leave then????? Less than a year ago I think you'll find - Hughes has presided over a terrible slump this year but to say the football has gone backwards since Mixu is either the rantings of someone who hysterically refuses to see the truth or is just a downright lie. I gave Mixu every chance but what he served up was undeniably a form of hoofball that would have not been out of place at Tynie - Hughes, regardless of form slumps, has tried to get his team passing the ball on the deck - some would even say too much - but it's definately been an improvement on the fare served up under Mixu IMO.

Also - don't start with the "told-you-so" nonsense about ST sales already - with the stadium capacity set to rise by 3000+ it's entirely likely that there will be a slight fall off regardless of form or euro qualification.

sleeping giant
11-05-2010, 10:55 AM
It's not a one man crusade - BH is just heading it up. :wink:

Re: repetitive and boring: How about the months and months of bile those of a positive mindset had to put up with throughout our poor run of form?

Every day we had some prat or another telling us all how there was no doubt we would finish 6th, probably on less points than Hamilton, were certainties for relegation next year, etc, etc.

I have no problem with a bit of a redressing of the balance. The "told you so" posts can go on for another week yet IMO. :greengrin

I agree with that:top marks

There are certain posters (you know who you are) who seem to like when things go t1ts up and are instantly on here slating Rod and the manager.
We have had to read that guff day after day after day after day.

You can't even escape from it on the PM board :greengrin

I reasonably happy with 4th even though i thought we might win the league in December:greengrin

Looking forward to the summer arrivals already :thumbsup:

Bad Martini
11-05-2010, 11:02 AM
The ONLY people who are permanently unhappy at Hibs winning are either passing yams/huns/rasellick bams or total tits.

Most people who express concerns (even tho we've made Europe) are doing so because they are, err, concerned!!

Its fair to say at BEST, we done it the fricking hard way. There is NO denying that.

Dont get me wrong, Im still not convinced Yogi is the man - I think he gets more wrong than he gets right but when it WORKS, I'll take the wins and the draws....for sure.

Only a looney or arse would think otherwise and be happy we have lost JUST to prove a point but equally, there is nae need for those of the opposite opinion to gleefully offer everyone who has concerns for Hibs to get it right up themselves as we've seen this week.

We're ALL delighted we have Europe to look forward to. Some of us are not so delighted we ****ed up so much this season as we HAD a lot of promise.

Next season will be telling and we're all starting on an even keel for that, unless, As I say, we are perenial looneys, passing followers of other teams or just plain weirdos...

MON THE HIBS (even though we were quite lucky not to totally **** it up :devil::devil:)

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
11-05-2010, 11:18 AM
The ONLY people who are permanently unhappy at Hibs winning are either passing yams/huns/rasellick bams or total tits.

Most people who express concerns (even tho we've made Europe) are doing so because they are, err, concerned!!

Its fair to say at BEST, we done it the fricking hard way. There is NO denying that.

Dont get me wrong, Im still not convinced Yogi is the man - I think he gets more wrong than he gets right but when it WORKS, I'll take the wins and the draws....for sure.

Only a looney or arse would think otherwise and be happy we have lost JUST to prove a point but equally, there is nae need for those of the opposite opinion to gleefully offer everyone who has concerns for Hibs to get it right up themselves as we've seen this week.

We're ALL delighted we have Europe to look forward to. Some of us are not so delighted we ****ed up so much this season as we HAD a lot of promise.

Next season will be telling and we're all starting on an even keel for that, unless, As I say, we are perenial looneys, passing followers of other teams or just plain weirdos...

MON THE HIBS (even though we were quite lucky not to totally **** it up :devil::devil:)

Well said :top marks

Expecting Rain
11-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Still here BH, 90 minutes doesn`t change our general performances over the last 17 games.:greengrin

Dinkydoo
11-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Dear oh dear :bitchy:

We have had an up and down season, great start, horrific finish. We've just made Europe by the skin of our teeth and finished on a high whilst coming off the worst run we've had in.......well, as long as I can remember.

Not exactly worthy of the childish "ha ha told you so" comments now is it. :blah:

Infact BH, by creating this thread you've probably just reminded people that ok, we've come good in the end but everything at ER is certainley not all rosey and that a few changes are needed over the summer to prevent a similar implosion happening after xmas next season.

The irony :yawn:

Edit: I am happy that we have finished fourth and are in Europe next season, I'm happy with Yogi at the helm (for the time being) and I'm happy with most of our players - just think the 'let's rub it in the moaners face' comment doesn't achieve anything apart from creating bad feeling between .netters.

basehibby
11-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Dear oh dear :bitchy:

We have had an up and down season, great start, horrific finish. We've just made Europe by the skin of our teeth and finished on a high whilst coming off the worst run we've had in.......well, as long as I can remember.

Not exactly worthy of the childish "ha ha told you so" comments now is it. :blah:

Infact BH, by creating this thread you've probably just reminded people that ok, we've come good in the end but everything at ER is certainley not all rosey and that a few changes are needed over the summer to prevent a similar implosion happening after xmas next season.

The irony :yawn:

This thread and others like them will maybe just make some fainthearts think twice about giving up the ghost when there's still much to fight for in future - doubt it but worth a go!

Dinkydoo
11-05-2010, 11:44 AM
This thread and others like them will maybe just make some fainthearts think twice about giving up the ghost when there's still much to fight for in future - doubt it but worth a go!

In what way?

basehibby
11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
In what way?

They might not jump the gun with surefire predictions of utter failure quite so quickly :dunno:

Dinkydoo
11-05-2010, 12:06 PM
They might not jump the gun with surefire predictions of utter failure quite so quickly :dunno:

Aye but why?

Because BH has basically said ha ha?...........I doubt that somehow - these types of people tend to be rather stubborn IMO.

God help them if thats' all it takes to change their premature convictions. lol

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 12:43 PM
G..is it not about time you put this **** to bed, you are now becoming a bit repetitive & boring to say the least, yer wee one man crusade is wearing a bit thin now & im sure im not the only one on this forum becoming a wee bit bored & tired wi it all now..

Time to move on ..

A one man crusade? My only crusade on this, is to reply to the lies told against me. And maybe redress the complete bollox thats told about the team and manager by certain people. I think whats wearing a bit thin, is the crusade against the manager, when some of those doing it, were funnily enough quiet during worse times under mixu than we have today? I know why? And its pathetic. :bitchy:

basehibby
11-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Aye but why?

Because BH has basically said ha ha?...........I doubt that somehow - these types of people tend to be rather stubborn IMO.

God help them if thats' all it takes to change their premature convictions. lol

Well - that's as may be - the other bit I didn't mention was the opportunity to parade a bit of well earned smugness for those of us who chose NOT to be harbingers of doom.

Of course it IS a bit tongue in cheek (for me anyway) as we all know our season finished only a baw hair away from relative failure - but the faith some of us showed in the capability of the team to clinch 4th place was rewarded and that for me earns us the right to go :na na: to all the naysayers who had written off the team and manager as failures long before the curtain was down on the season.

Canny take it??? Well :na na: to you too then :wink:

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Well - that's as may be - the other bit I didn't mention was the opportunity to parade a bit of well earned smugness for those of us who chose NOT to be harbingers of doom.

Of course it IS a bit tongue in cheek (for me anyway) as we all know our season finished only a baw hair away from relative failure - but the faith some of us showed in the capability of the team to clinch 4th place was rewarded and that for me earns us the right to go :na na: to all the naysayers who had written off the team and manager as failures long before the curtain was down on the season.

Canny take it??? Well :na na: to you too then :wink:

The truth in all this is, we were never as good as some tried to tell us in January, but we were never as bad as some were making out just last week. Yes we had a bit of luck earlier in the season, just as we had bad luck too. The league tables dont lie, and we have qualified for a European trip, by getting enough points over a whole season, and were in a position to do that most of the season. Its been a while since we have done that. Well done all involved.:thumbsup:

hibee_nation
11-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Time to move on ..

Why you so keen to move on, is it cause you were one of the biggest moaners by any chance and the truth hurts, gie it to them tight BH they deserve it with both barrels :faf:

rainman
11-05-2010, 01:42 PM
The truth in all this is, we were never as good as some tried to tell us in January, but we were never as bad as some were making out just last week. Yes we had a bit of luck earlier in the season, just as we had bad luck too. The league tables dont lie, and we have qualified for a European trip, by getting enough points over a whole season, and were in a position to do that most of the season. Its been a while since we have done that. Well done all involved.:thumbsup:

The way I see it, we went on a great run at the start of the season. Yogi tried to tell us that we may not be as good as we think we are, the attitude at the club isn't right and him and Rice have a lot of work ahead of them, creating the desired "culture" at the club.

He was ridiculed for this.

Then we went on an equally bad run. To lose the games we lost, in the manner we lost them, "the attitude must be wrong at the club." We need to create a "winning culture."

For me, in my time following Hibs, McLeish is the only manager who has brought that "winning culture" to the club and it sure as hell took him longer than 12 months to get it.

I don't know if Yogi can do it, but he certainly talks a good game. His signings are quality and his ideals fit in with what we have experienced before.

If he can "lose the losers" and build a team full of captains then I'm sure he'll do well. Signings like Miller, Stokes, Gow and Stack are a good start IMO.

Jonnyboy
11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Football is full of cliche's and one of those goes as follows

'Football is a results based business'

Taking that on board you have to admit, because it's factual, that John Hughes has managed a team that's results took it to fourth spot in the SPL and therefore gained entry into the Europa League.

Whether you're for him or agin him you cannot deny the facts.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Football is full of cliche's and one of those goes as follows

'Football is a results based business'

Taking that on board you have to admit, because it's factual, that John Hughes has managed a team that's results took it to fourth spot in the SPL and therefore gained entry into the Europa League.

Whether you're for him or agin him you cannot deny the facts.

For or against, it does not really matter. Whats wrong is not wanting him, and not giving any praise, just abuse.

vahibbie
11-05-2010, 02:26 PM

My sentiments exactly:agree:

Absolutely delighted we FINALLY secured a European spot, hopefully we can get make more of an impact than our last few ventures.
Yogi will deffo be here next season but he still has a lot of work to do with the team and to fully convince a lot of fans that "he's the man"

bighairyfaeleith
11-05-2010, 02:29 PM
For or against, it does not really matter. Whats wrong is not wanting him, and not giving any praise, just abuse.

Why is that wrong?

Surely we are allowed our opinion:confused:

I'd agree about not giving him any praise, I think we do need to acknowledge the good as well as the bad in our managers and players. I don't always manage that ofcourse :devil:

Jonnyboy
11-05-2010, 02:30 PM

That's basically what I said Gary :agree:

Yogi is only one of those at the club who gets pelters from a number of posters when things go wrong but gets little or no praise from those posters when things go right

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Why is that wrong?

Surely we are allowed our opinion:confused:

I'd agree about not giving him any praise, I think we do need to acknowledge the good as well as the bad in our managers and players. I don't always manage that ofcourse :devil:

A little contradiction there, no?

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 02:37 PM
That's basically what I said Gary :agree:

Yogi is only one of those at the club who gets pelters from a number of posters when things go wrong but gets little or no praise from those posters when things go right

Exactly John.:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
11-05-2010, 02:43 PM
A little contradiction there, no?

Not that I can see:confused:

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Not that I can see:confused:

I'd agree about not giving him any praise, I think we do need to acknowledge the good as well as the bad in our managers and players. I don't always manage that ofcourse

bighairyfaeleith
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I'd agree about not giving him any praise, I think we do need to acknowledge the good as well as the bad in our managers and players. I don't always manage that ofcourse

i'd call it honesty

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 03:43 PM
i'd call it honesty

Maybe, but still not fair. Why do you struggle to praise, but dont mind ripping into him?

matty_f
11-05-2010, 03:47 PM
The way I see it, we went on a great run at the start of the season. Yogi tried to tell us that we may not be as good as we think we are, the attitude at the club isn't right and him and Rice have a lot of work ahead of them, creating the desired "culture" at the club.

He was ridiculed for this.

Then we went on an equally bad run. To lose the games we lost, in the manner we lost them, "the attitude must be wrong at the club." We need to create a "winning culture."

For me, in my time following Hibs, McLeish is the only manager who has brought that "winning culture" to the club and it sure as hell took him longer than 12 months to get it.

I don't know if Yogi can do it, but he certainly talks a good game. His signings are quality and his ideals fit in with what we have experienced before.

If he can "lose the losers" and build a team full of captains then I'm sure he'll do well. Signings like Miller, Stokes, Gow and Stack are a good start IMO.
:agree:

McLeish had the 'luxury' of a season in the first division where we were papping teams left right and centre to build that "winning culture" as well.

Yogi's had us in the European places pretty much all season. Credit where it's due.:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Maybe, but still not fair. Why do you struggle to praise, but dont mind ripping into him?

I don't struggle to praise, I praised him for a long time, then when things went wrong I criticised. I did stand up for him and give him the benefit of the doubt on some things but I'm not blind to his flaws either and feel no shame in pointing these out.

I'll quite happily acknowledge that hughes has made some good signings, loves hibs, wants us to succeed, wants us to play good football. My concerns however is that he is tactically niave, doesn't appear to get the best out of his players and can't seem to read the game very well.

Balanced enough for you?

erskine-hibby
11-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I will admit at the start of the season I had a few doubts, but the signings Yogi made, made me think that things may be better than I thought. I was happy, though not impressed, with the way things went in the first part of the season and like it or not we were lucky, yes lucky, in more than 1 or 2 games, but as I always say you have to have a wee bit of luck on your side. I was though left scratching my head about Yogi's apparent inability to read a game and some of his subsitutions left me baffled. Even so I thought he was new and it must get better...I was wrong. Things then started to go downhill as far as results and performances go and still Yogi failed to impress, culminating in our worst run in years. It was during this time that I felt that the only way we could halt this was to change the manager. As it was we managed, despite all this, to get a result on the final day of the season to take us into Europe and as I have said before we got there despite of and not because of Yogi's management.
The season is now over and we will just have to see how things pan out with signings during the summer and as it seems that Yogi is still going to be in charge next season I hope he can get things sorted out, though there is still a massive question mark in my mind about this. I hope he makes me eat my words.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I will admit at the start of the season I had a few doubts, but the signings Yogi made, made me think that things may be better than I thought. I was happy, though not impressed, with the way things went in the first part of the season and like it or not we were lucky, yes lucky, in more than 1 or 2 games, but as I always say you have to have a wee bit of luck on your side. I was though left scratching my head about Yogi's apparent inability to read a game and some of his subsitutions left me baffled. Even so I thought he was new and it must get better...I was wrong. Things then started to go downhill as far as results and performances go and still Yogi failed to impress, culminating in our worst run in years. It was during this time that I felt that the only way we could halt this was to change the manager. As it was we managed, despite all this, to get a result on the final day of the season to take us into Europe and as I have said before we got there despite of and not because of Yogi's management.
The season is now over and we will just have to see how things pan out with signings during the summer and as it seems that Yogi is still going to be in charge next season I hope he can get things sorted out, though there is still a massive question mark in my mind about this. I hope he makes me eat my words.

I have read this, we got lucky crap many times, its grown legs over the season, to where its practically a fact now. What games did we get lucky in?

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't struggle to praise, I praised him for a long time, then when things went wrong I criticised. I did stand up for him and give him the benefit of the doubt on some things but I'm not blind to his flaws either and feel no shame in pointing these out.

I'll quite happily acknowledge that hughes has made some good signings, loves hibs, wants us to succeed, wants us to play good football. My concerns however is that he is tactically niave, doesn't appear to get the best out of his players and can't seem to read the game very well.

Balanced enough for you?

Yes balanced and fine.

3pm
11-05-2010, 05:15 PM

Blackpool, how many would you say are giving him abuse? I am not talking about the fickleness that you and I referred to yesterday. I mean constant / permanaent abuse so even when the dust has settled and a little perspective has returned (for perspective, see calmed down!) Hughes is still getting it in the neck.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Blackpool, how many would you say are giving him abuse? I am not talking about the fickleness that you and I referred to yesterday. I mean constant / permanaent abuse so even when the dust has settled and a little perspective has returned (for perspective, see calmed down!) Hughes is still getting it in the neck.

On here, there are quite a few, although most seem to have disapeared for some reason?:wink: It has calmed down now, and i'd have to be very stupid to not conceed we did go through a bad time recently, although there were reasons imho.

One or two have been very critical from day 1, never wanted him in the first place, and were not prepared to give him a chance. When we were doing well, they were nowhere to be seen. When we were doing bad, right in, giving it large, and one of those rarely see's the inside of a footbal club. :bitchy: Now, disapeared again, no surprise.

Some are backtracking, still using the we got lucky tag, and grudgingly accepting we did well over the whole season. I still get the impression some cant wait for us to fail, its become easier to critisice than get behind the club imho

3pm
11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
On here, there are quite a few, although most seem to have disapeared for some reason?:wink: It has calmed down now, and i'd have to be very stupid to not conceed we did go through a bad time recently, although there were reasons imho.

One or two have been very critical from day 1, never wanted him in the first place, and were not prepared to give him a chance. When we were doing well, they were nowhere to be seen. When we were doing bad, right in, giving it large, and one of those rarely see's the inside of a footbal club. :bitchy: Now, disapeared again, no surprise.

Some are backtracking, still using the we got lucky tag, and grudgingly accepting we did well over the whole season. I still get the impression some cant wait for us to fail, its become easier to critisice than get behind the club imho

I have no issues with anyone banging the Yogi drum but I think it's fair to say you hit the drum harder and louder than most! ;o) Do you think he would have kept gis job had this dip happened a year into his tenure?

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I have no issues with anyone banging the Yogi drum but I think it's fair to say you hit the drum harder and louder than most! ;o) Do you think he would have kept gis job had this dip happened a year into his tenure?

He's nearly a year into the job, and it has happened, so yes i do think he would keep his job.

3pm
11-05-2010, 06:05 PM
He's nearly a year into the job, and it has happened, so yes i do think he would keep his job.

I could have worded that better!! I meant had it happened next season for example? I personally think it's a huge summer for him!

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I could have worded that better!! I meant had it happened next season for example? I personally think it's a huge summer for him!

Yes its a big close season for him, and the club. We will lose Bamba, Zemamma i'm not sure. Will anyone want to buy an injured player? We will also lose Benji Makalamby, Cregg hopefully a few other fringe players too.

I dont know about Stokes or Riordan, I'd like them to stay, but if they go, one or both, it would take a lot to replace them, but there is no point worrying just now. He needs to bring players in, hopefully he gets the right ones, and for the positions we need.

3pm
11-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Yes its a big close season for him, and the club. We will lose Bamba, Zemamma i'm not sure. Will anyone want to buy an injured player? We will also lose Benji Makalamby, Cregg hopefully a few other fringe players too.

I dont know about Stokes or Riordan, I'd like them to stay, but if they go, one or both, it would take a lot to replace them, but there is no point worrying just now. He needs to bring players in, hopefully he gets the right ones, and for the positions we need.

And these guys need certain attributes, pace and height to name two!

Jim44
11-05-2010, 06:23 PM
How long is this pathetic thread going to drag on for? The original poster, who by default is building up some sort of ludicrous cult status in his blinkered defence of a manager who managed to crawl over the 'just about managed pass marks' line, has long expressed his undoubted support for and infatuation with John Hughes which he is entitled to do, but too many people on here are surely perpetuating an argument/discussion which is academic and frankly becoming quite boring. I have supported/and continue to do so within limitations, Hughes, as much as is possible, given the mess he got us into over the last few months and I for one won't be bullied into raptures of 'happy clapping' and acceptance of a result which for so long we never looked like getting or indeed deserved. On that note I will express my satisfaction and thanks to Hughes for where we are at just now but the events of recent months scarcely fill me with confidence and hope for our future success.

bingo70
11-05-2010, 06:26 PM
How long is this pathetic thread going to drag on for? The original poster, who by default is building up some sort of ludicrous cult status in his blinkered defence of a manager who managed to crawl over the 'just about managed pass marks' line, has long expressed his undoubted support for and infatuation with John Hughes which he is entitled to do, but too many people on here are surely perpetuating an argument/discussion which is academic and frankly becoming quite boring. I have supported/and continue to do so within limitations, Hughes, as much as is possible, given the mess he got us into over the last few months and I for one won't be bullied into raptures of 'happy clapping' and acceptance of a result which for so long we never looked like getting or indeed deserved. On that note I will express my satisfaction and thanks to Hughes for where we are at just now but the events of recent months scarcely fill me with confidence and hope for our future success.

can you see the irony of your post? :greengrin

Jim44
11-05-2010, 06:31 PM
can you see the irony of your post? :greengrin

Fair doo's bingo, but somebody has got to draw a line somewhere. I've said my piece for what it's worth and don't intend to get drawn into any more meaningless dialogue. :lips seal :greengrin

hibsbollah
11-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Delusions of grandeur spring to mind...

On the other hand though, earlier this morning I was abused on a Holy Ground thread for suggesting that Vince Cable might be offered a cabinet post by the Tories; and theres been a newsflash on the news just now saying this might be about to happen.

Maybe I should 'Do a Blackpool' and announce that I am all-knowing and demand apologies from the sceptics:greengrin

Jonnyboy
11-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Fair doo's bingo, but somebody has got to draw a line somewhere. I've said my piece for what it's worth and don't intend to get drawn into any more meaningless dialogue. :lips seal :greengrin

Here ye go Jim

---------------------------------------------

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Right here I am back on :rolleyes:

I have to admit to being bloody raging about that shambles against Motherwell and was blowing a gasket when I came on ranting and raving but the thing that bugged me was some posters thought I was being personal with them, that was not the case I WAS venting my spleen and was purely disagreeing with them but I was being hung drawn and quartered for it, so I stormed off in the huff :agree:.

But I've calmed down (a bit!) and will say this, one swallow don't make no summer and yes we are in Europe, fine good well done, but as far as I'm concerned Mr Hughes better make all the right moves in the close season and sort out where the obvious problems lie, he's got till xmas to convince me he is the man to take us to much better things which we deserve.

Have a good close season and GGTH

:thumbsup:

erskine-hibby
12-05-2010, 06:34 AM
I have read this, we got lucky crap many times, its grown legs over the season, to where its practically a fact now. What games did we get lucky in?

I think it is pretty clear we will have to agree to disagree, even though Yogi and the players say we got lucky in the first part of the season, but heyho.
I will look on next season as us having a new manager and a new team with all the hopes, and reservations, that this brings with it.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2010, 07:45 AM
I think it is pretty clear we will have to agree to disagree, even though Yogi and the players say we got lucky in the first part of the season, but heyho.
I will look on next season as us having a new manager and a new team with all the hopes, and reservations, that this brings with it.

Managers and players do tend to lie, a bit like some of our supporters. I dont remember any games we were lucky to win. But if that was right, and we did get lucky, then surely you have to flip the coin, and say we got unlucky too at times?

Teams that win the league dont win it by being lucky imho, and teams that finish 4th dont get there by being lucky, again imho.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2010, 07:59 AM

So are you point scoring over other .net users again?

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2010, 08:05 AM
So are you point scoring over other .net users again?

What is the point of posting, if its not to make some kind of point?:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2010, 08:11 AM
FWIW I never wanted Yogi from Day 1, I make no excuses...... I still dont like him or rate him...... My perogative.....

Our form was shoocking since the turn of the year with some honking results, like Ross County, St Johnstone away, Hamilton away, Motherwell away.....

I think he struggles to make substitutions that change games, and think he is tactically unaware...... His screaming and shouting along with Rice, only adds to confusion amongst the players on the pitch.....

Let's not forget United fielded a very understrength team on Sunday, and if not we could have been 5th praying for a Utd Scottish Cup win....

Yes we got 4th, but we crawled over the line in a very very poor league......

Yogi will be in the chair for another good while yet, and he has to make some very shrewd changes to the squad..... Time will tell, but whilst I am not a Yogi fan, I am most certainly a Hibs fan, and back my team whenever they step onto the pitch

erskine-hibby
12-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Managers and players do tend to lie, a bit like some of our supporters. I dont remember any games we were lucky to win. But if that was right, and we did get lucky, then surely you have to flip the coin, and say we got unlucky too at times?

Teams that win the league dont win it by being lucky imho, and teams that finish 4th dont get there by being lucky, again imho.

I agree totally, but, on any given day, luck does play a part in things, especially in our league.

khib70
12-05-2010, 08:45 AM
FWIW I never wanted Yogi from Day 1, I make no excuses...... I still dont like him or rate him...... My perogative.....

Our form was shoocking since the turn of the year with some honking results, like Ross County, St Johnstone away, Hamilton away, Motherwell away.....

I think he struggles to make substitutions that change games, and think he is tactically unaware...... His screaming and shouting along with Rice, only adds to confusion amongst the players on the pitch.....

Let's not forget United fielded a very understrength team on Sunday, and if not we could have been 5th praying for a Utd Scottish Cup win....

Yogi will be in the chair for another good while yet, and he has to make some very shrewd changes to the squad..... Time will tell, but whilst I am not a Yogi fan, I am most certainly a Hibs fan, and back my team whenever they step onto the pitch
:top marks Couldn't have put it better. Particularly the bit in bold. Some people seem to confuse loyalty to the manager with loyalty to the club. Not the same thing.

Hopefully the last of the Prozac will have filtered through the water supply in Blackpool soon:wink:

hibsbollah
12-05-2010, 08:55 AM
:top marks Couldn't have put it better. Particularly the bit in bold. Some people seem to confuse loyalty to the manager with loyalty to the club. Not the same thing.

matty_f
12-05-2010, 08:58 AM

Equally we could have still won the game, though. There's no point complaining about something that might have happened, surely.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Yes your pergative.
No it was not, the dip in form was from the middle of February
His tactics and screaming have got us into Europe
Or we might have won
What happened to you can only play whats in front of you? Would it have been better to finish 5th or 6th
I'm a hibs fan too, and it would not matter if it was Yogi or Graham Rix in charge, if they did well, and qualified for Europe every season, the'd get my support, and praise. Something you cant even do now. If i was not a hibs fan, i'd hope they lost every game, just to annoy you and others who wont praise the manager, even when he deserves it.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Equally we could have still won the game, though. There's no point complaining about something that might have happened, surely.

Definitely not complaining, just making my point that I am still not a happy clapper..........

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm a hibs fan too, and it would not matter if it was Yogi or Graham Rix in charge, if they did well, and qualified for Europe every season, the'd get my support, and praise. Something you cant even do now. If i was not a hibs fan, i'd hope they lost every game, just to annoy you and others who wont praise the manager, even when he deserves it.

You are a big Yogi fan, I am not, again my choice....... If you think he is the man to take us forward then great, that is your opinion, I don't again that is my opinion........

Lets just agree to disagree and hope for a nice European trip at end of July, when you can buy me a juice.......

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Definitely not complaining, just making my point that I am still not a happy clapper..........

I'm not delerious about everything the club have done this season. Although you'd have to be an idiot not to see the progress. One step at a time, and thats all we can hope for. And 4th place and Europe should be appladed.

rightwinger
12-05-2010, 09:50 AM
To answer the thread's question - they're all on the Holy Ground forum!

Maybe we need a coalition management - left-wing firebrand yogi to be complemented by a ruthless, boring, cold-hearted Tory (Alex Miller?!) who could come in and give us some steel to go with the flair. That would be popular:devil:

At the end of the day - Hughes has come in and for spells this season looks to have improved us, for spells looks to have made no difference, and for spells had us looking like we've gone backwards.

Overall, however, I think the table doesn't lie and where we've finished - not to mention the almost formulaic manner we achieved it - probably sums up where we are. I'd also note that it was formulaic to the extreme - the good start was better than usual, the stuffy middle was particularly so, and the dreadful finish was also extreme.

The other point to note was dividing lines - matches at the start of the season were invariably nip and tuck. And, to be fair, how many games did we drop from St Johns on Feb 28 to Motherwell 5 May from winning positions - inc both cup games with County?

But, at the end of the day, we've finished on the right side of a thin dividing line for once. That is the main thing.

Does that make everything ok? Of course not. But it entitles the team a bit of breathing space.

8 points better than last season? About right.

We have the potential to build on this - we were pushing for 2nd fair and square in Feb. Yogi is good at getting everyone going and keeping momentum going. But we fell away and when questions were asked of:

a) our steel
b) our strength in depth
c) our manager's ability to alter his tactics and gameplan with success

We were generally found badly wanting.

The answer to these shortcomings lies in Hughes ability to improve the squad and rebalance the squad without taking away the attacking and opportunistic prowess that won us a lot of matches. I don't envy the task. Then again - we're paying £400-odd to go through the ringer again next season so I don't envy us either!

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2010, 09:54 AM
You are a big Yogi fan, I am not, again my choice....... If you think he is the man to take us forward then great, that is your opinion, I don't again that is my opinion........

Lets just agree to disagree and hope for a nice European trip at end of July, when you can buy me a juice.......

Brockie, i'm not a big Yogi fan, but appreciate what he's done. I think he made quite a lot of mistakes this season, although he is more qualified than me to make them. I dont think playing Riordan wide was great, but he scored a few, and the manager probably thinks it was for the benifit of the team? I would not play the formation he does, but again, he's more qualified than me, and who's to say a 4-4-2 would have done any better?

Certain players would not be near the team, if i was in charge, but again who's to say my team would have done better. What i will say is well done, well done for achieving what we did. Even now, you and a few others dont seem capable of doing so, and that just not right imho. I might slip a vodka in your juice, perhaps it might loosen you up a bit. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Brockie, i'm not a big Yogi fan, but appreciate what he's done. I think he made quite a lot of mistakes this season, although he is more qualified than me to make them. I dont think playing Riordan wide was great, but he scored a few, and the manager probably thinks it was for the benifit of the team? I would not play the formation he does, but again, he's more qualified than me, and who's to say a 4-4-2 would have done any better?

Certain players would not be near the team, if i was in charge, but again who's to say my team would have done better. What i will say is well done, well done for achieving what we did. Even now, you and a few others dont seem capable of doing so, and that just not right imho. I might slip a vodka in your juice, perhaps it might loosen you up a bit. :wink:

Some fair points in there, here goes.............

Well done to all connected to Hibernian on European Qualification. Great achievement........ Now Yogi, can we get the Scottish Cup next Season please?

What are you wanting to loosen me up for?:hmmm::wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Some fair points in there, here goes.............

Well done to all connected to Hibernian on European Qualification. Great achievement........ Now Yogi, can we get the Scottish Cup next Season please?

What are you wanting to loosen me up for?:hmmm::wink:

Boltonhibs will be there, need i say more?

Bad Martini
12-05-2010, 11:13 AM

:thumbsup: :top marks

Spot on. Best post I have read on the matter.

We might appreciate/encourage/like/cheer on players/managers/servants of the club but NONE of them have ever been, can never be or will ever be bigger than, the club. There's a few come close but they are in the main gone and I doubt, given the commercialisation of football these days and lack of skill as per what we seen from 1941 to the late 70's, we will ever see that again.

GGTTH

ENDOF

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
:thumbsup: :top marks

Spot on. Best post I have read on the matter.

We might appreciate/encourage/like/cheer on players/managers/servants of the club but NONE of them have ever been, can never be or will ever be bigger than, the club. There's a few come close but they are in the main gone and I doubt, given the commercialisation of football these days and lack of skill as per what we seen from 1941 to the late 70's, we will ever see that again.

GGTTH

ENDOF
What, pointing out all the negatives, and ignoring the positives? Nah, seen better on kickback.

matty_f
12-05-2010, 02:37 PM

:aok: fair enough mate.

Keith_M
12-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Is it possible to be happy that Hibs finally qualified for Europe but still have concerns about which team will turn up next season? Or is that being a hypocrite or a 'Yogi Basher'?

:dunno:

FWIW, I thought some people were going totally overboard about Yogi during our (very long) 'poor spell'. I'm not yet convinced that Yogi is the man for the job but I'm prepared to be convinced.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Is it possible to be happy that Hibs finally qualified for Europe but still have concerns about which team will turn up next season? Or is that being a hypocrite or a 'Yogi Basher'?

:dunno:

FWIW, I thought some people were going totally overboard about Yogi during our (very long) 'poor spell'. I'm not yet convinced that Yogi is the man for the job but I'm prepared to be convinced.

Of course it is, although to give no praise to the man is very petty.

hibiedude
12-05-2010, 06:10 PM

:top marks

Lets see who Yogi brings in and who he punts' and if we start next season the way we ended this season then god help us.

Bad Martini
13-05-2010, 11:04 AM
What, pointing out all the negatives, and ignoring the positives? Nah, seen better on kickback.

Not quite. I read the post, and he stated a bunch of facts which are, in the main, undeniable. And ended it with the following:

"Yogi will be in the chair for another good while yet, and he has to make some very shrewd changes to the squad..... Time will tell, but whilst I am not a Yogi fan, I am most certainly a Hibs fan, and back my team whenever they step onto the pitch"

Canny really see much wrong with that.

He conceeded we did make Europe, just. Nothing incorrect in that.

He also stated we did see some odd subs. I agree with that and its not negative, most folk would agree.

Finally, and most importantly, he stated regardless - he'd follow Hibs.

THEREIN, lies what you will never see on Brokeback....at this point, they'd be staging protests, burning season tickets, writing open letters and banging on about how they won the war :grr::grr:

Better to be Hibs..."we've got style and class, ya bass." :thumbsup:

ENDOF

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Not quite. I read the post, and he stated a bunch of facts which are, in the main, undeniable. And ended it with the following:

"Yogi will be in the chair for another good while yet, and he has to make some very shrewd changes to the squad..... Time will tell, but whilst I am not a Yogi fan, I am most certainly a Hibs fan, and back my team whenever they step onto the pitch"

Canny really see much wrong with that.

He conceeded we did make Europe, just. Nothing incorrect in that.

He also stated we did see some odd subs. I agree with that and its not negative, most folk would agree.

Finally, and most importantly, he stated regardless - he'd follow Hibs.

THEREIN, lies what you will never see on Brokeback....at this point, they'd be staging protests, burning season tickets, writing open letters and banging on about how they won the war :grr::grr:

Better to be Hibs..."we've got style and class, ya bass." :thumbsup:

ENDOF

The quote mentioned all the negatives, did not mention one positive. Unbalanced in my view, then went on to say what needed done in the summer. Something we all knew, and so does the manager.

bighairyfaeleith
13-05-2010, 11:16 AM
The quote mentioned all the negatives, did not mention one positive. Unbalanced in my view, then went on to say what needed done in the summer. Something we all knew, and so does the manager.

You don't know that :devil:

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2010, 11:25 AM

So my negative unbalanced views were incorrect then, or fact?

Bad Martini
13-05-2010, 11:30 AM

As many have said mate, none of us are actually happy Hibs are scraping into Europe or struggling to stay where we were and just holding on to a 6-6 draw.....

It certainly doesn't please me or the poster you quoted.

But, the truth is - if you are honest - we DID make an arse of things and that run of defeats and results at the end of the season was not good by anyones' standards.

Dress it up however you want but that goes down as games ****ed up instead of anything else. As for the 6-6 - Hughes himself conceeded he looked on it as "2 points dropped" ..... the reaity is, no sane person could have looked on it as anything else.

Remember, as you rightly note: we DID do well at the start of the season.............then JUST scrapped Europe.

We should have had it sewn up and that cannot be overlooked as next time, we might not be as lucky....thats what we're all getting at here. NOT, that we're unhappy we made it in the end.

--------
13-05-2010, 11:42 AM
As many have said mate, none of us are actually happy Hibs are scraping into Europe or struggling to stay where we were and just holding on to a 6-6 draw.....

But, the truth is - if you are honest - we DID make an arse of things and that run of defeats and results at the end of the season was not good by anyones' standards.

Dress it up however you want but that goes down as games ****ed up instead of anything else. As for the 6-6 - Hughes himself conceeded he looked on it as "2 points dropped" ..... the reaity is, no sane person could have looked on it as anything else.

Remember, as you rightly note: we DID do well at the start of the season.............then JUST scrapped Europe.

We should have had it sewn up and that cannot be overlooked as next time, we might not be as lucky....thats what we're all getting at here. NOT, that we're unhappy we made it in the end.

:agree: Yup.

Right now I'm content that we have a Europa qualifying tie to look forward to, that stories are beginning to circulate about possible signings, and that the final piece in the jigsaw of the new stadium looks like being ready on time and according to plans.

March and April were horrid, though I'm sure Hughes understands that as well as any of us. We DID have suspensions and injuries to contend with, and it's not unknown for teams to suffer a lapse in form coincident with major alterations in their stadiums. But we shouldn't have fallen away as abjectly as we did.

We should have been home and dry sooner than we were, and we should have at least made the semi-final of the Cup - we were playing a lower division side at home, after all. Whether we'd have gone farther than the semi, of course, we'll never know.

But all in all, I'm moderately content with the end result, and moderately optimistic about next season. Some good signings in the close season would measurably enhance both my contentment and my optimism, but for now I'm not entirely unhappy with my lot.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2010, 11:58 AM
So my negative unbalanced views were incorrect then, or fact?

They were your opinion, nothing more, nothing less. But it was an unbalanced opinion of the whole season.

bighairyfaeleith
13-05-2010, 12:04 PM
They were your opinion, nothing more, nothing less. But it was an unbalanced opinion of the whole season.

It was a balanced view of the last part of the season then?

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2010, 12:05 PM
It pleased me? :confused:
What would?
We had a bad run, we also had a good one.
So what, we dropped 2 points, we also won points over the season. We also scored 6 goals that night, it was not all bad.
Would you prefer we did not make it? I'm happy we did
Yes we should have had it sown up earlier, but we got there in the end. Anyone would think we failed the way some go on. And it seems the manager is making inroads now on our frailties.

Pointing out the negatives is fine, if you also balance it with the good, or am i wrong?

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2010, 12:06 PM
It was a balanced view of the last part of the season then?

:faf::faf:

Bad Martini
13-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Pointing out the negatives is fine, if you also balance it with the good, or am i wrong?

For the avoidance of all doubt, to be clear and for the record:

1) I am DELIGHTED we did not **** it up so much that we eventually, by the smallst of margins, got to Europe. The "good" here is, we made Europe. The "bad" here is, we nearly didn't. Regards the 6-2 game with Motherwell, the "good" is we did not lose (and had we played another 5 minutes, I firmly believe it would have ended 7-6), the "bad" is we threw away a FOUR goal lead....and lost 2 points.

2) If you win a race by a nano-second and you win a race by ten minutes, you surely concentrate your efforts on different things no? The 10 minute winner has far less concerns than the nano-second winner. Thus, its vital you DO look at the "how" - it's not as simple as saying "we done it, endof" ... if you don't learn from each situation, you really lose - you gain nothing.......

Err, that's my end of on this one. This could go on forever in ever increasing circular debate....:grr:

ENDOF :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2010, 01:41 PM
For the avoidance of all doubt, to be clear and for the record:

1) I am DELIGHTED we did not **** it up so much that we eventually, by the smallst of margins, got to Europe. The "good" here is, we made Europe. The "bad" here is, we nearly didn't. Regards the 6-2 game with Motherwell, the "good" is we did not lose (and had we played another 5 minutes, I firmly believe it would have ended 7-6), the "bad" is we threw away a FOUR goal lead....and lost 2 points.

2) If you win a race by a nano-second and you win a race by ten minutes, you surely concentrate your efforts on different things no? The 10 minute winner has far less concerns than the nano-second winner. Thus, its vital you DO look at the "how" - it's not as simple as saying "we done it, endof" ... if you don't learn from each situation, you really lose - you gain nothing.......

Err, that's my end of on this one. This could go on forever in ever increasing circular debate....:grr:

ENDOF :greengrin
I understand, you have pointed out some positives when you have posted, the post delabooze posted did not. You then said it was the best post on the matter. I disagreed, because it was unbalanced. We can go round in circles all day, but i stand on what i said originally, it was far from the best post on the subject, the reason being, it concentrated on the bad, and gave no mention on any good whatsoever.

down the slope
13-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Blackpool mentions that we have made progress on many fronts this season but the real measure of progress will be the number of ST's that are sold, what if that number is down, will BH eat humble pie and admit that he might be wrong ?.

Removed
13-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Blackpool mentions that we have made progress on many fronts this season but the real measure of progress will be the number of ST's that are sold, what if that number is down, will BH eat humble pie and admit that he might be wrong ?.

That's not my measure of progress though. I look on the park.

And there will be loads of other factors why ST's may not significantly increase or even be down, totally unrelated to the football product on the park. We'll never know the real story though unless they survey everyone who doesn't renew.

KWJ
13-05-2010, 02:44 PM
More ST's is certainly not my idea of progress either. After Mogga's first season we sold more ST's for the next 2 years (def 1 and then about the same). During that time we regressed.

The club has certainly progressed this year, it's tangible, you'll probably be sitting in it. All while watching at least one match which examples our progress on the park.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2010, 03:12 PM

I hope i'm the only one attending next season, when we qualify for the champions league.

erskine-hibby
14-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Had it have been the other way around and we had a crap start to the season but a very strong end things would have been alot different. You could then say that It was a turn around and that Yogi was instrumental in that. As it happens though it was the other way around and you still have to say Yogi was instumental in that i.e. he seemed unable to sort it out. So yes praise must go to him for the fact that it was a good, infact great, start to the campaign, but it is also clear that, as a manager and tactitian he has a lot to learn. I'm not sure if he has got it in him given the length of the bad run without any real signs of a change, but i hope i'm wrong.