PDA

View Full Version : End of season dvd?

rightwinger
10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Should the club release one?

I think there's certainly scope for it given the highs and lows of a season that ultimately ended with a tangible achievement.

The club is a bit hit/miss when it comes to dvds but it is the sort of thing I'd like to see them make more of an effort at.

It was a very fine line between saving our season yesterday and I wouldn't want us to get at all carried away. But, as we fell on the right side of the fine line for a change, I'd like to see some positive reflections on it. The lows of the season (6-6, County, derbies) certainly seem easier to look back on now.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2010, 12:44 PM

I think there's certainly scope for it given the highs and lows of a season that ultimately ended with a tangible achievement.

The club is a bit hit/miss when it comes to dvds but it is the sort of thing I'd like to see them make more of an effort at.

It was a very fine line between saving our season yesterday and I wouldn't want us to get at all carried away. But, as we fell on the right side of the fine line for a change, I'd like to see some positive reflections on it. The lows of the season (6-6, County, derbies) certainly seem easier to look back on now.

I wouldn't buy it unless it featured just our wins and draws.

greenlex
10-05-2010, 12:59 PM

Behave yourself. You are posting like a Yam on the wind up. Folk have taken the huff fir me thinking that dontcha know?

rightwinger
10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Behave yourself. You are posting like a Yam on the wind up. Folk have taken the huff fir me thinking that dontcha know?

Ok. Sorry:wink:

Still think it would be a good idea though. It has been an eventful season with lots of subplots (new manager, new stand, new 20+ goals striker, world cup bound defender, great runs, terrible runs, the sad passing of great former players, and ultimately our first full European qualification in 5 years). All of this is worth looking back on.

It all depends, of course, whether the club can make a profit out of it too. If it could I'm sure Mr Petrie will be up all night frantically editing all the highlights he's taped together and drawing a dvd cover using his Hibs stencils set ready for release by the end of the week.

Vini1875
10-05-2010, 03:34 PM
No way. It would be embaressing, like motherwell bringing a dvd because they drew with Hibs.

monktonharp
10-05-2010, 04:48 PM
would only buy it for my uncle Tony's xmas.:wink:

lapsedhibee
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM

There's been enough highlights to fill mibbe a floppy disk, but never a DVD.

Brando7
10-05-2010, 05:22 PM

Only 1st half of the season would be worth watching :greengrin