PDA

View Full Version : Where do you fancy going then?

Frazerbob
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
There's an extensive list on the the Idiot's Guide thread of teams we could face. So, where does everyone fancy going? Obviously the worst team in the draw would be everyone's choice however, for a cracking trip what's everyone's thoughts?

Places I haven't yet visited will always be top of the wish list so that includes Croatia, Kazakstan, Turkey (always wanted to see Hibs play one of the mental Turkish clubs) and Russia.

Of the places I've visited before, Israel and Iceland were fantastic and I'd love to go back.

Other than than that a good glamour tie against your Liverpools or Juvés of the World would be fun!

MSK
10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
There's an extensive list on the the Idiot's Guide thread of teams we could face. So, where does everyone fancy going? Obviously the worst team in the draw would be everyone's choice however, for a cracking trip what's everyone's thoughts?

Places I haven't yet visited will always be top of the wish list so that includes Croatia, Kazakstan, Turkey (always wanted to see Hibs play one of the metal Turkish clubs) and Russia.

Of the places I've visited before, Israel and Iceland were fantastic and I'd love to go back.

Other than than that a good glamour tie against your Liverpools or Juvés of the World would be fun!Ireland ...well the wife fancies a wee trip over the sea ...:rolleyes:

I would like Ireland too but Denmark would be my fancy ...:agree:

Calvin
10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
As soon as I saw the list, Galatasaray were the ones who jumped out at me.

Would love a wee trip over to Germany if it were on the cards, but would equally like to go to a new city, don't mind where.

Jay
10-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Somewhere cheap may get us in the running to go. wee boy is desperate for it to be Liverpool.

bighairyfaeleith
10-05-2010, 12:18 PM
definitely no iceland, flight would be a nightmare.

Anyone got the list of potential countries again?

Quite fancy somewhere in eastern europe, cheap bevy!!

Calvin
10-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Kazakstan
Wouldn't mind going there but having some trouble finding return flights for under £600.

Dunbar Hibee
10-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I think it would be amazing to get Liverpool or Juventus, even Aston Villa!

Gus
10-05-2010, 12:25 PM
TBH I dont want the glamour tie just yet. I would like to get Bangor - nae offence to them but for us to go further in the Europa would heighten the anticipation of the fans & the money generated would be good.

Then I would take a MASSIVE tie

but like I said earlier, a "local" tie down to Bangor or across to Ireland:notworthy:

Mikey
10-05-2010, 12:40 PM
How's about we keep Liverpool, Juventus and Aston Ailla for the knock out rounds, after the group stages :wink:

I'll take a team we can beat to progress to the groups.

StevieC
10-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Quite fancy somewhere in eastern europe, cheap bevy!!

Me too.

:agree:

Sandy
10-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Anywhere that I can get a cheap flight from Tripoli, presume the ties will be played on a Thursday evening ?, that is the start of the weekend for me so would love it to be somewhere I can get to without to much difficulty. Mind you turning up at Tripoli airport wi ma kilt and Hibs top might cause a fair stir right enough :faf:

Hainan Hibs
10-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Eastern Europe for some cheap booze, or Kazakhstan for the adventure.

SteveHFC
10-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Liverpool or Juventus.

basehibby
10-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Anywhere sunny with cheap beer - preferably with a football team sheight enough that we can actually beat them and progress to the next round.

HibbyAndy
10-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Anywhere sunny with cheap beer - preferably with a football team sheight enough that we can actually beat them and progress to the next round.

:agree:

Somewhere affordable.

Antifa Hibs
10-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Red Star Belgrade or Hadjuk Split.

You think the derbies here are tasty affairs or think the huns are a bit radge, what till you see the supports of the above teams, they'd be an absulute eye-opener :cool2:

Allant1981
10-05-2010, 02:08 PM
i honestly dont care, a few days away without the wife and kid, piss up then watch hibs, cant get any better:thumbsup:

scott7_0(Prague)
10-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Anywhere outside CZ..... :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
TBH I dont want the glamour tie just yet. I would like to get Bangor - nae offence to them but for us to go further in the Europa would heighten the anticipation of the fans & the money generated would be good.

Then I would take a MASSIVE tie

but like I said earlier, a "local" tie down to Bangor or across to Ireland:notworthy:

Better not get too cocky. Did Llanelli not knock out Motherwell last year>

cwilliamson85
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
anywhere as long as I need a passport and we get through to the group stages.

Keith_M
10-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Stuttgart.

Nice place to visit, easy enough to get too, decent sized stadium and party atmosphere.

:thumbsup:

Future17
10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Wouldn't mind going there but having some trouble finding return flights for under £600.

Road trip! :greengrin

:hnet::notworthy:

cleanyman
10-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I would love a trip to Germany:agree:

Hainan Hibs
Better not get too cocky. Did Llanelli not knock out Motherwell last year>

Beat them at Fir Park but Motherwell got through in Wales. Think Motherwell have some record as being the only Scottish team to overturn a tie away from home?

Calvin
Road trip! :greengrin

:hnet::notworthy:
Driving directions to Almaty, Kazakhstan
6,064 mi – about 5 days 10 hours

I would seriously love to do that trip. Scotland, England, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan.

Would do it if a had a few weeks free and a spare couple of grand kicking round!

Lofarl
10-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Any team we can beat to get to the group stages is what I want. If its azerbajan or some Stalinist state so be it.

Killiehibbie
10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Burnley, did they get in? I don't fancy these foreign places with cheap beer and sunshine, i'll take one just down the road and spend what I save on travel on beer.

ronaldo7
10-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Dnipro please.:thumbsup:

JackRegan
10-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Eastern Europe for some cheap booze, or Kazakhstan for the adventure.

The season we got humped by Artmedia, it was either them or a team from Almaty in Kazakhstan (500 miles from the Chinese border).

anyway, we priced it up and it could not be done (in 2005) for less than £800.

Your best bet is that you get on the team charter and the club sell you tickets.

Cyprus or Malta is what you should be after in August, but the obscure ones are always good. One of the few plus points in being stuck in CL qualifiers. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2010, 02:37 PM

You think the derbies here are tasty affairs or think the huns are a bit radge, what till you see the supports of the above teams, they'd be an absulute eye-opener :cool2:A couple of us ended up at the Bohemians game when we were in Prague at the w-end, crowd was quite small, but, mental. It was their last game before they
have to move and start ground sharing with one of the big clubs. Really enjoyed it, so Czech Rep would do me!

DC_Hibs
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM

You think the derbies here are tasty affairs or think the huns are a bit radge, what till you see the supports of the above teams, they'd be an absulute eye-opener :cool2:

Changed days in Croatian football - was at Dinamo/Hajduk last weekend and was relatively tame until a riot kicked off with Dinamo and the police in the stadium - a policeman lost an eye and a fan was shot.

Belgrade derby a few years back was much better atmosphere although neither are helped by their huge open stadiums.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Beat them at Fir Park but Motherwell got through in Wales. Think Motherwell have some record as being the only Scottish team to overturn a tie away from home?

Bangor it is then!

Si_17
10-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Liverpool or Juventus please!

Rory89
10-05-2010, 03:17 PM
..... preferably with a football team sheight enough that we can actually beat them and progress to the next round.

I think it would be amazing to get Liverpool......

I agree with these 2.

Hainan Hibs
10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
The season we got humped by Artmedia, it was either them or a team from Almaty in Kazakhstan (500 miles from the Chinese border).

Your best bet is that you get on the team charter and the club sell you tickets.

Cyprus or Malta is what you should be after in August, but the obscure ones are always good. One of the few plus points in being stuck in CL qualifiers. :greengrin

May as well revisit China then and cross the border there, may work out cheaper:greengrin

Lendo
10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I can see us drawing Dnipro again, would love to visit Ukraine though so I wouldn't mind.

hibsbollah
10-05-2010, 03:28 PM
As soon as I saw the list, Galatasaray were the ones who jumped out at me.

Would love a wee trip over to Germany if it were on the cards, but would equally like to go to a new city, don't mind where.

Galatasary, definitely.

Calvin
10-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Galatasary, definitely.

Probably my favourite city that I've been to, would love to incorporate visiting it again with a Hibs match!

offshorehibby
10-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Shamrock Rovers or Sporting Fingal.

Jamesie
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM

I'm going to Almaty next month and we've managed flights for around £300ish so it has come down a bit since then! :thumbsup:

Jamesie
10-05-2010, 05:32 PM

Places I haven't yet visited will always be top of the wish list so that includes Croatia, Kazakstan, Turkey (always wanted to see Hibs play one of the mental Turkish clubs) and Russia.

Other than than that a good glamour tie against your Liverpools or Juvés of the World would be fun!

I quite fancy a tie against a lower league German side from the south west of the country and for the away leg to be played on Saturday, 3 July :wink:

Anyone know a) when our first game will be played and b) are the initial rounds on Saturdays or on Thursdays? :confused:

Calvin
10-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm going to Almaty next month and we've managed flights for around £300ish so it has come down a bit since then! :thumbsup:

Had a look with Lufthansa and KLM earlier, was just over £600. Who you flying with?

LancsHibs
10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Cyprus or Malta is what you should be after in August

:agree::thumbsup::cool2:

Sir David Gray
10-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I quite fancy a tie against a lower league German side from the south west of the country and for the away leg to be played on Saturday, 3 July :wink:

Anyone know a) when our first game will be played and b) are the initial rounds on Saturdays or on Thursdays? :confused:

a)Depends on the outcome of next week's cup final. If Dundee Utd win, the first leg of our first game will be on July 29th and if Ross County win, the first leg of our first game will be on July 15th.

b)The qualifying rounds are on Thursdays.

JackRegan
10-05-2010, 06:56 PM

Ahem...Celtic managed that v Dinamo Moscow. :wink:

MoscowHibs
10-05-2010, 10:08 PM
I would love Cyprus.A home game for me.Apollon we should gub,Anorthosis or Apoel would be difficult.Only problem would be the heat,even with a 10pm cyprus time k.o,roastin hot
:thumbsup:

Jamesie
11-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Had a look with Lufthansa and KLM earlier, was just over £600. Who you flying with?

I'll tell you that once we've avoided a Kazakh team in the draw :wink: