PDA

View Full Version : Greggs O'Connor

AugustaHibs
09-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Mate just told me that when he was at the book signing lawrie and pat told him Gary was close to signing for us. Hope its true!

PISTOL1875
09-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Mate just told me that when he was at the book signing lawrie and pat told him Gary was close to signing for us. Hope its true!

If that was true then it would be out of this world...

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 07:56 PM
This story just wont go away...

Pretty Boy
09-05-2010, 07:57 PM

Rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now. Not sure if there's anything in it but if it was true i would be far more excited than i was when i heard Deek was coming back.

fife hfc
09-05-2010, 07:57 PM
IF true then it would be a massive signing and a couple of defenders and midfielder on this level would have me wetting myself in anticipation for next season.

Irish_Steve
09-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Could this be a bath of beans moment?? - No for me I hasten to add!

Westie1875
09-05-2010, 07:59 PM
If true we MUST keep Deek. :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
09-05-2010, 07:59 PM
20 goal a season hitman..........

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 08:00 PM

:agree:

O'connor and Riordan like the old days.

Argylehibby
09-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Looks like I am the only one who thinks he was over-rated when he was here and is even more so now. I cant see what he would bring to the team to be honest. Stokes and Deeks are far better goal scorers and he is nrot the player to hold the ball up and set up others. Tin hat time but I would rather see Kyle from Killie as he would produce more for the team.

Dibben
09-05-2010, 08:02 PM

O'connor and Riordan like the old days.

Would certainly soften the blow should Stokes leave!!

BH.

Mikey
YouTube - GARRY O'CONNOR SCORING IN THE LAST MINUTE TO BEAT HEARTS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMK2oRF1Z8)

Pedantic_Hibee
Looks like I am the only one who thinks he was over-rated when he was here and is even more so now. I cant see what he would bring to the team to be honest. Stokes and Deeks are far better goal scorers and he is nrot the player to hold the ball up and set up others. Tin hat time but I would rather see Kyle from Killie as he would produce more for the team.

I agree with this.

sleeping giant
09-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I'd just like to say.....

Nae danger !!

Cannae see this happening at all.

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 08:05 PM
YouTube - GARRY O'CONNOR SCORING IN THE LAST MINUTE TO BEAT HEARTS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMK2oRF1Z8)

Mikey i remember that like yesterday!!! remember we only had 10 men :thumbsup::thumbsup:

OCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have it you yam twats.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

jonty
09-05-2010, 08:07 PM
http://www.hibs.net/media/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=0 (http://www.hibs.net/media/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=0)

Still get goosebumps :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
09-05-2010, 08:09 PM

For a long time under Blobby i would have agreed with you. However after Mowbray took over Garry was like a new player. He lost weight, looked fit and sharp, his goalscoring improved tenfold and his work rate was really, really good. He's been a bit unlucky in the last couple of years with injuries and considering how poorly he settled in Russia he didn't do too badly with Lokomotiv. I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Ed De Gramo
09-05-2010, 08:10 PM

That video gives me shivers.....it's Rob McLean's commentary :thumbsup::thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
09-05-2010, 08:10 PM
http://www.hibs.net/media/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=0 (http://www.hibs.net/media/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=0)

Still get goosebumps :thumbsup:

Sorry, but it says 'no image to display'??

500miles
09-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Garry O'Connor. Big, strong, quick, 15 plus a season.
Stokes, prolific goalscorer, with a lot of potential, 20 plus a season
Derek Riordan 15 -20 goals a season from left wing.
Colin Nish 10 plus a season, defends at set pieces, gives wingers a target....

It would certainly give us some fantastic options.

jonty
Sorry, but it says 'no image to display'??
Just Donkeys audio montage of the game.
It's a wma file so should start with windows media player.

Here's another link to the album
http://www.hibs.net/media/thumbnails.php?album=30 (http://www.hibs.net/media/thumbnails.php?album=30)

HibbyAndy
For a long time under Blobby i would have agreed with you. However after Mowbray took over Garry was like a new player. He lost weight, looked fit and sharp, his goalscoring improved tenfold and his work rate was really, really good. He's been a bit unlucky in the last couple of years with injuries and considering how poorly he settled in Russia he didn't do too badly with Lokomotiv. I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Was leaner fitter and an all round better player.

Take GOC back in a nano second.

jdships
09-05-2010, 08:14 PM

Can't add any "facts" to what you write but I have been told he has been around East Mains a few times lately - for whatever reason :wink:

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Can't add any "facts" to what you write but I have been told he has been around East Mains a few times lately - for whatever reason :wink:

And your a man that kens :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Me tae :wink:

Argylehibby
09-05-2010, 08:15 PM

We cant afford players who are unlucky with injuries. We need players to contribute week after week and if you saw the Killie v Falkirk game yesterday Kyle showed he would set up a barrow load for deeks and Stokes. We need someone to control it and set up others not run onto a pass and bury 2 out of 5 of the chances. Deeks and Stokes will score if someone sets them up and O'Conner isnt that man.

Removed
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM

Probably just sharing a taxi up to George Street

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 08:18 PM
We cant afford players who are unlucky with injuries. We need players to contribute week after week and if you saw the Killie v Falkirk game yesterday Kyle showed he would set up a barrow load for deeks and Stokes. We need someone to control it and set up others not run onto a pass and bury 2 out of 5 of the chances. Deeks and Stokes will score if someone sets them up and O'Conner isnt that man.

Maybe Stokes will be at Celtc next year to replace Keane :dunno:..So in that case we would need O'connor..Maybe Nish is moving on to, hence why he has bagged 5 goals in 2 games to 'promote' himself..You better believe there's a place in the side for GOC.

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Please come home Gaz :pray:

Big Frank
09-05-2010, 08:19 PM

Nope, I'm with you argyle. Lots of misty nostalgia around him imho.

...burst on the scene, got fat and poor form, got slim and good form then went to Russia:greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
09-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Garry O'Connor. Big, strong, quick, 15 plus a season.
Stokes, prolific goalscorer, with a lot of potential, 20 plus a season
Derek Riordan 15 -20 goals a season from left wing.
Colin Nish 10 plus a season, defends at set pieces, gives wingers a target....

It would certainly give us some fantastic options.

You mean we'd be winning games 7-6. instead of drawing them! :wink:

FranckSuzy
09-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Just Donkeys audio montage of the game.
It's a wma file so should start with windows media player.

Here's another link to the album
http://www.hibs.net/media/thumbnails.php?album=30 (http://www.hibs.net/media/thumbnails.php?album=30)

Thanks. Working fine now. :thumbsup:

forthhibby
09-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Maybe Stokes will be at Celtc next year to replace Keane :dunno:..So in that case we would need O'connor..Maybe Nish is moving on to, hence why he has bagged 5 goals in 2 games to 'promote' himself..You better believe there's a place in the side for GOC.

can see that happening pretty soon if lennon gets the nod at parkhead, they will want to get some signings to try and boost season ticket sales

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 08:26 PM
can see that happening pretty soon if lennon gets the nod at parkhead, they will want to get some signings to try and boost season ticket sales

Can see it happening whoever takes charge, Stokes has proved he can do it in the SPL. No less than 2M tho.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Lol its jst like the Deek rumours all over again. Hope it comes true again. I like Gary O as a player but I would take Stokes over him if push came to shove :tin hat:

Westie1875
09-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Can see it happening whoever takes charge, Stokes has proved he can do it in the SPL. No less than 2M tho.

For a 23 goals in a season striker with a couple of years left on his contract I'd want at least 3m

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 08:30 PM
For a 23 goals in a season striker with a couple of years left on his contract I'd want at least 3m

Aye but its Hibs..2M max is all we will get IMO.If the likes of Lafferty is a 4M player then your right i hear you :agree:

Pretty Boy
09-05-2010, 08:31 PM

If the fans want £3M you can bet your boots that his tacheness will get us at least £5M as well as Aiden McGeadys' face as a new punchbag for the East Mains gym.

RoYO!
09-05-2010, 08:34 PM
perhaps Garry feels he has made his money and just wants to get back to his team and family in a great city... could be possible...

Pedantic_Hibee
09-05-2010, 08:38 PM
perhaps Garry feels he has made his money and just wants to get back to his team and family in a great city... could be possible...

This is no doubt the only reason he wants to return to Hibs. On the downside, could motivation be the downfall when the going gets tough? i.e, he's made his money and could no doubt retire quite comfortably now so why bother putting in a shift, even if it is his beloved Hibees?

ballengeich
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
We cant afford players who are unlucky with injuries.

That would be my only worry about his possible return.

Argylehibby
09-05-2010, 08:43 PM

Why would we want to move players on when buying the right player to fit in and complete the jigsaw we have would be more beneficial? O'Conner was a very good player but not great. Keep Stokes and give him better help up front than Nish provides and we will do better. Gary is not an out and out goalscorer, never was and never will be. I'd much rather we increased the ££ for Stokes and kept him for a couple of years more and gave him better support to do what he odes best and thats score goals.

Its about getting the right team, not individuals, and IMO Garry O'Conner doesnt fit in either individual or team picture.

jdships
09-05-2010, 08:46 PM
And your a man that kens :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Me tae :wink:

Our info is better than the "******" and "Sun" put together.

:greengrin :cool2:

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Our info is better than the "******" and "Sun" put together.

:greengrin :cool2:

:agree::greengrin

:cool2:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-05-2010, 08:53 PM
This is no doubt the only reason he wants to return to Hibs. On the downside, could motivation be the downfall when the going gets tough? i.e, he's made his money and could no doubt retire quite comfortably now so why bother putting in a shift, even if it is his beloved Hibees?

To be fair, bawbag Mikey Stewart has by all accounts done very well for himself outside football (property??), but for all that he is a wee erse, you can't fault his commitment on th epark.

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I would love to see Gazza back at Easter Road. A life-long Hibs fan. I think he will be open to a move to Hibs. Having already made his money in England and Russia, maybe he wants to come back to the club he supports.

fife hfc
09-05-2010, 08:59 PM
O'Conner is the kind of striker we do not have at ER at the moment. It is obvious that Yogi does not feel that Stokes and deek can play together in a partnership but O'Connor would compliment Stokes and add a bit of muscle upfront.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Not a go at you by any means but i hear this argument all the time and just don't buy it.

Pretty much every player in the Premiership, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and so on could retire tommorow and never work another day in their life. However when it comes to setting foot on the park the vast majority give their all week in, week out. probably because of professional pride and a desire to win trophies. But more than that the guys who have got to the very top in football generally have that little bit extra that your decent amateur, semi-pro doesn't have- an unflinching will to win.

I'm not saying O'Connor wouldn't be one of the handful of players who doesn't give a to55 but IMO there are very few pros out there who intentionally go out and don't put in the effort expected off them.

dawn
09-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Did Gary no say he'd like to end his career at ER?
IMO, he would bring an other experienced head to the team. Nae sly we digs at that comment!:greengrin

greenlex
09-05-2010, 09:05 PM
At east mains Eh? Probably just picking up his new make Stokes to go fir some sort of liesure pursuit

Steve20
09-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Tin hat time but I would rather see Kyle from Killie as he would produce more for the team.

Oh my god. I want a drink of whatever you are on.

silverhibee
09-05-2010, 09:43 PM
At east mains Eh? Probably just picking up his new make Stokes to go fir some sort of liesure pursuit

:cool2: :agree: :wink: :devil:

erin-go-bragh87
09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
I honestly cant believe that Anyone on here would turn their noses up at Garry coming home!! Get a grip!!

Oh wait.......... Kevin Kyle Is available instead?? No thanks, he couldnt lace Garry's boots!!

Ed De Gramo
09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
If Garry O'Connor signs for Hibs, I will happily sit in a bath of strawberry jelly on Princes Street halting the tram works.

jakedance
09-05-2010, 10:27 PM
He'd be a great signing. A quick and strong centre forward like Garry would tear up SPL defenders. I'd be surprised if the Huns weren't in for him.

BroxburnHibee
09-05-2010, 10:29 PM
If Garry O'Connor signs for Hibs, I will happily sit in a bath of strawberry jelly on Princes Street halting the tram works.

Why not a bath of soapy water :dunno:

This food fetish you have is a bit weird :wink:

:greengrin

MacBean
09-05-2010, 10:29 PM

we have it in writing!!

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 10:30 PM

Quick..get this in writing!!!!:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
09-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Why not a bath of soapy water :dunno:

This food fetish you have is a bit weird :wink:

:greengrin

we have it in writing!!

Quick..get this in writing!!!!:greengrin

Just as long as i'm oot before it sets :greengrin

erin-go-bragh87
09-05-2010, 10:37 PM

Im just praying you are as wrong as last time!!In fact, Ill pay for the jelly if your wrong and give double the ammount to the charity of your choice!!

The_Horde
09-05-2010, 10:37 PM

You'll have to hit the gym a bit harder then, you're not quite the fine specimen you were at 'garmo in beans'.

Tell all the hearts you know..

Ed De Gramo
09-05-2010, 10:38 PM
You'll have to hit the gym a bit harder then,,you're not quite the fine specimen you were at 'garmo in beans'.

Tell all the hearts you know..

ken.....i'm working on it though, now the season's finished :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
09-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Well he has property in east lothian has made good money hopefully this is true :wink:

due to wages i reckon the old firm have a better chance than us than securing the big man :boo hoo:

Hibs On Tour
10-05-2010, 03:52 AM

Perfect scenario is him going to Parkhead instead of them buying Stokes. We keep the better player and Celtic get a good - albeit injury-prone - striker who won't score as many.

Jones28
10-05-2010, 05:23 AM

No less than £4M :agree:

Beefster
10-05-2010, 06:56 AM
As happy as I'd be to see him come back, O'Connor won't come back to take Benji's place in the squad so, if this is true, either someone else is leaving or O'Connor's been practising at RB or CH.

Hibbyradge
10-05-2010, 06:56 AM

Gary was close to signing the book for you?

Did it happen? :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
10-05-2010, 06:57 AM
My concern is that Gary is still a bit wild and him and stoke sin the same squad could have a bad effect on the rest of the team. I hope not as he would otherwise be a great signing.

My other concern is how much of the wage bill will be taken up to pay him, I only want him if it doesn't affect the quality of midfielder and defenders we sign.

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2010, 07:10 AM
If he comes back,great,but who will be leaving? I dont think we will be able to hold onto Stokes and theres a good chance Nish might be off to the Dons.

cockneymike
10-05-2010, 09:03 AM
If his legs still have it, i'd be delighted to get GOC back.

Those that say there isn't room for him in the team, or he doesn't set up goals are speaking nonsense. He's exactly the sort of player that would be a great foil for Stokes as he was for Riordan. A big, physical burly forward that leads the line and holds up the play - something that Nish really struggles with.

That said the fact that yogi so obviously loves Nish, does make you wonder about that. Although with Benji leaving, there could be a spot for him, but I do wonder what that would mean for kurtis byrne.....

hibsbollah
10-05-2010, 09:05 AM

I thought if anything he was under-rated:confused: Had a similar goals per-game ratio to Deeks plus did the holding up work that Deeks isnt so good at. Also gave me probably my best ER moment; that goal in injurytime:top marks

Disc O'Dave
10-05-2010, 09:10 AM

I'm no Delia Smith, but don't you have to pour jelly into the mould while it's still quite hot?

That could be quite interesting......

mike1875
14-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Scotland striker Garry O'Connor is prepared to accept a drop in wages to leave Birmingham City and return to the SPL when his contract expires in the summer. (Daily Mail)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8682092.stm

maybe a wee chance?

MacBean
14-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Scotland striker Garry O'Connor is prepared to accept a drop in wages to leave Birmingham City and return to the SPL when his contract expires in the summer. (Daily Mail)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8682092.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8682092.stm)

maybe a wee chance?

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

matty_f
14-05-2010, 10:50 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8682092.stm

maybe a wee chance?

I would be pretty close to soiling myself if we lined up next season with Stokes, O'Connor and Deek in the same side. :agree:

Stevie Reid
14-05-2010, 10:58 AM
I would be pretty close to soiling myself if we lined up next season with Stokes, O'Connor and Deek in the same side. :agree:

I would be the same.

My initial reaction to seeing this rumour was similar to my reaction when I first saw us linked with a permanent move for Stokes last close season - I very much hope the outcome is the same and my sceptism is proved wrong again.

steviecarnie
14-05-2010, 11:01 AM

id personally be s**ting myself as we'd lose more goals than they could score
:grr:

creebo1875
14-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Anyone else heard he is going to Sunderland???

.Sean.
14-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Having got to know Garry a bit when he stayed beside my Gran it was easy to see how much the club means to him. I believe he will be back one day, the sooner the better. My fear is he'll end up at Celtic, he was a Celtic fan as a lad and he is in the market they will be looking in.

Anybody remember the intertview he done when he was at Loco when he said he'd never join the Huns or Mini Huns because he hated them? It'd be interesting to see if he'd still feel that way if Rangers offered him a deal.

seanraff07
14-05-2010, 11:25 AM
If Garry O'Connor came back to Hibs, well lets just say i'd be ****ing ecstatic.:agree:

Gatecrasher
14-05-2010, 11:27 AM
i personally cant see this happening.

i would love if it did though.

therealgavmac
14-05-2010, 11:40 AM

I just have at the thought of it!

M11BMO
14-05-2010, 11:42 AM
My initial reaction to seeing this rumour was similar to my reaction when I first saw us linked with a permanent move for Stokes last close season - I very much hope the outcome is the same and my sceptism is proved wrong again.

RickyS
14-05-2010, 11:51 AM

O'Connor was quoted in the paper this week that he is working hard for pre-season as his last chance to prove his worth to Big Eck as he is down to his last year, so unless he is paid off or on loan I can't see it happening.

Betty Boop
14-05-2010, 11:51 AM
I would love to see Gazza back at Easter Road. A life-long Hibs fan. I think he will be open to a move to Hibs. Having already made his money in England and Russia, maybe he wants to come back to the club he supports.

I think he was a Celtic fan, probably changed having played for us.

MB62
14-05-2010, 11:53 AM

At first I thought that was a very bold statement to make but then realised you were just being ridiculous. Tram works indeed! :greengrin

RIP
14-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Aye but its Hibs..2M max is all we will get IMO.If the likes of Lafferty is a 4M player then your right i hear you :agree:

ahem........Scotty Broon?

RIP
14-05-2010, 02:13 PM

Why would anyone want strawberry jelly oozing up their bum?

Leith Green
14-05-2010, 02:15 PM

I heard it's normally KY jelly oozin out his bum ... :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2010, 02:18 PM

I will get back to you, after i've spoken to boltonhibs.

Hibbie_Cameron
If he comes back to Scotland it will either be to Hibs or Celtic imo. He supported Celtic when he was younger but holds hibs in the highest regard

bighairyfaeleith
I heard it's normally KY jelly oozin out his bum ... :greengrin

You had to didn't you, you couldn't just leave it :greengrin

hibiedude
14-05-2010, 02:20 PM
I'd just like to say.....

Nae danger !!

Cannae see this happening at all.

Have to agree we could never afford him Gary would have to take a massive wage drop.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 02:22 PM
If he comes back to Scotland it will either be to Hibs or Celtic imo. He supported Celtic when he was younger but holds hibs in the highest regard

apparently he said that he favoured hibs because he wants to play first team football and is not sure to be a straight pick at celtic. This was a while back though when mowbray was still manager.

MyJo
14-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Have to agree we could never afford him Gary would have to take a massive wage drop.

A nice wee signing on fee, 3 year contract at 3 or 4k a week, spend 2 seasons back home building a reputation again before signing for a bigger club and taking a 20% slice of whatever transfer fee we get......:wink:

HibbyAndy
14-05-2010, 03:13 PM
A nice wee signing on fee, 3 year contract at 3 or 4k a week, spend 2 seasons back home building a reputation again before signing for a bigger club and taking a 20% slice of whatever transfer fee we get......:wink:

Doesnt sound so unrealistic when you put it like that :hmmm:

hfc rd
14-05-2010, 03:21 PM
If his legs still have it, i'd be delighted to get GOC back.

Those that say there isn't room for him in the team, or he doesn't set up goals are speaking nonsense. He's exactly the sort of player that would be a great foil for Stokes as he was for Riordan. A big, physical burly forward that leads the line and holds up the play - something that Nish really struggles with.

That said the fact that yogi so obviously loves Nish, does make you wonder about that. Although with Benji leaving, there could be a spot for him, but I do wonder what that would mean for kurtis byrne.....

He would go out on loan for a full season to a half decent club in the first division.

snooky
14-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't think it would be a good move for Garry or Hibs if he came back. I feel the same way about Ivan.
Better being a hero in the memories of the fans. Nothing to gain and everything to lose if you come back.
Just my opinion like. :cool2:

Big_D
14-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Garry O has been offered a new contract by Birmingham

sahib
14-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Was leaner fitter and an all round better player.

Take GOC back in a nano second.

The ball was also played into feet more for him. Blobby was all high balls.

Steve20
14-05-2010, 05:51 PM
http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2051376,00.html

" Meanwhile Blues can confirm new contracts have been offered to Kevin Phillips, Stuart Parnaby, Maik Taylor and Garry O'Connor."

Lofarl
14-05-2010, 05:57 PM
That'll be that then. Come back Benji!!!

matty_f
14-05-2010, 07:48 PM

" Meanwhile Blues can confirm new contracts have been offered to Kevin Phillips, Stuart Parnaby, Maik Taylor and Garry O'Connor."

He's pish anyway, we've too many strikers, never wanted him back in the first place etc etc.:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2010, 08:08 PM

If he wants first team football though is he likely to get it there:confused:

SalfordHibs
14-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Garry O has been offered a new contract by Birmingham

Always thought this would be the case, why would GOC want to leave the Premiership to come and play for Hibs, there would have been alot of other clubs waiting to make their move on him, i know he is on record saying he wants to finish his time at Hibs, it wouldn't think he means now.

sahib
14-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Always thought this would be the case, why would GOC want to leave the Premiership to come and play for Hibs, there would have been alot of other clubs waiting to make their move on him, i know he is on record saying he wants to finish his time at Hibs, it wouldn't think he means now.

What! Does he think we take any old crock?

Um yeh, he's probably right.

Hibbie_Cameron
14-05-2010, 10:27 PM

No surprise. McLeish is a huge fan of his

HibbyAndy
14-05-2010, 11:31 PM
He's pish anyway..I never wanted him in the first place.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 11:50 PM
He's pish anyway..I never wanted him in the first place.

:agree: He's lost his pace, he's got the first touch of Gary Glitter and he couldn't score in a barrel of phannies.

p.s we can delete posts can't we, just in case he signs like?

Diclonius
14-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Bugger. Kevin Kyle anyone?

Purehibee_MYB
14-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Just cos he has been offered a contract doesnt mean he will take it!

That said, wouldn't suprise me one bit if he did, lots more money.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2010, 11:52 PM

He's got an 11 inch wanger according to a girl who sold her soul to the News of the World.

Trivial I know, but I just thought I'd throw that one in there.

Bayern Bru
15-05-2010, 12:16 AM
In his time at Brum, GOC's played 49 games and scored 9(8?) goals.

Stats as follows:

2007–08 Birmingham City 23 2
2008–09 Birmingham City 16 6

Would he be regularly starting ahead of Cameron Jerome, Faddy, and to a lesser extent Kevin Philips? :cool2: Think Marcus Bent's been on loan so he doesn't really come into the equation I wouldn't have thought.

I really hope he rejects it and comes home :pray:

On another Brum-related note, they've emptied Vignal and Quedrue which might mean either Eck's got his sights on another LB or he wants Murphy as his first choice LB next season?

zosohibee
15-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Mother****er! Was really hopin he'd come back...

Oscar Lomax
15-05-2010, 02:38 AM
20 goal a season hitman..........

Good old Des.....I love Gary, gret player, strong, can hit a ball with any foot, would love him back but I just cant see it money wise......

jae
15-05-2010, 03:08 AM

He's got an 11 inch wanger according to a girl who sold her soul to the News of the World.

Well if thats the case it wouldn't be birley for birley :wink::greengrin

Niffy
15-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Bugger Kevin Kyle anyone?

I'm no buggerin anyone thank you.

Jack
15-05-2010, 09:24 AM

A replacement for Bamba as well then?

down-the-slope
15-05-2010, 09:38 AM

:jamboak: won't want him playing for us...never mind the thought of tin roof activity

Bostonhibby
15-05-2010, 05:47 PM
If hes fit, I would carry him back to ER myself, especially for the games against the yammish.....

snooky
16-05-2010, 05:21 PM

That's nothing. It's well documented that Maradonna had only one foot :wink: