PDA

View Full Version : 31st July 2009

Mikey
09-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell have shown in recent performances that they have drastically fallen away over the Summer.

No other teams that are realistic challengers to us have improved their squad and are unlikely to due to financial circumstances.

I therefore suggest that we will walk 3rd very comfortably, and if Csaba can bring in 3 more players, with 2 of them being strikers, we can make some sort of challenge on Rangers.

In terms of playing personnel, finance, and management, we are light years ahead of the chasing pack.

7th must be a bit of a shock for this one :greengrin

DaveF
09-05-2010, 09:40 PM
:faf: :faf: :faf:

Mystic Meg has **** all on that one.

Dunbar Hibee
09-05-2010, 09:42 PM
:faf:

PISTOL1875
09-05-2010, 09:43 PM
What a plank that boy is ...........

Pedantic_Hibee
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
"In terms of playing personnel, finance, and management, we are light years ahead of the chasing pack"

I'm afraid I have to depart from this theory.

I genuinely would struggle to name three players from their team that could improve our first XI, for every £1 they bring in they spend around £1.24 on wages and they've got a fat disaster for a manager.

The above quote just sums up your average Hearts fan; deluded to the core.

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 09:57 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf:

HibeeMcGinn1
09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

PISTOL1875
09-05-2010, 10:01 PM
"In terms of playing personnel, finance, and management, we are light years ahead of the chasing pack"

I genuinely would struggle to name three players from their team that could improve our first XI, for every £1 they bring in they spend around £1.24 on wages and they've got a fat disaster for a manager.

1. Lee Wallace.
2. Eggert Jonnson.
3. Andrew Driver.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-05-2010, 10:04 PM
1. Lee Wallace.
2. Eggert Jonnson.
3. Andrew Driver.

Wallace I'll grant you, although I would only choose him over Murray due to Wallace being younger.

Jonnson I've never been convinced by. Aye, he's a utility player but he's been sheeeite in every position I've seen him play.

Driver? No chance, he's injury-prone, his delivery is pretty poor and he only ever plays well three or four times a season (usually against us).

PISTOL1875
09-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Wallace I'll grant you, although I would only choose him over Murray due to Wallace being younger.

Jonnson I've never been convinced by. Aye, he's a utility player but he's been sheeeite in every position I've seen him play.

Driver? No chance, he's injury-prone, his delivery is pretty poor and he only ever plays well three or four times a season (usually against us).

Jonnson would play the sitting midfield role fantastically.. What an addition to our team he would be....

Driver is quality.. Direct running the best part of his game... The final ball can be worked on....

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Jonnson would play the sitting midfield role fantastically.. What an addition to our team he would be....

Driver is quality.. Direct running the best part of his game... The final ball can be worked on....

Aye for 6 games a season.

Eh,Naw.

MountcastleHibs
09-05-2010, 10:15 PM

I give you a quote from one of my yam mates following last Saturday's derby... 'The only player I would take from Hibs and put in my Hearts team would be Ian Murray.'

Sadly, a very deluded fellow if he meant it.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I give you a quote from one of my yam mates following last Saturday's derby... 'The only player I would take from Hibs and put in my Hearts team would be Ian Murray.'

Sadly, a very deluded fellow if he meant it.

I may be wrong here as I can't be ersed looking through the stats, but I'd wager that Anthony Stokes scored more goals this season than the entire Hearts strikeforce combined.

Just had a wee snippet at the league table; Stokes has scored more goals in the league than the entire Hearts team did at home this year (they scored 19 goals in 19 home games)

matty_f
09-05-2010, 10:19 PM
I may be wrong here as I can't be ersed looking through the stats, but I'd wager that Anthony Stokes scored more goals this season than the entire Hearts strikeforce combined.

Reckon Stokes would be close to the tally for the combined Yams' strikeforce for the last two seasons, never mind this one.

Archie70
09-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Obua 3
Driver 3
Nade 2
Templeton 2
Glen 2
Witteveen 1
Mole 0
Elliot 0

Stokes 22
Riordan 16
Nish 11

Does that answer your question?

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Obua 3
Driver 3
Nade 2
Templeton 2
Glen 2
Witteveen 1
Mole 0
Elliot 0

Stokes 22
Riordan 16
Nish 11

Does that answer your question?

nishaldo should get his act together :bitchy: cant even score more than the combined hertz forwards :faf:

Part/Time Supporter
10-05-2010, 08:22 AM
7th must be a bit of a shock for this one :greengrin

In fairness, he was right about Aberdeen.

:agree:

IWasThere2016
10-05-2010, 09:29 AM

Yet we cannae beat them! PETRIE! :grr:

IWasThere2016
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Reckon Stokes would be close to the tally for the combined Yams' strikeforce for the last two seasons, never mind this one.

Just two?!? Lazy git! :greengrin