PDA

View Full Version : Transfer kittys from this summer

Bob Box Fish
09-05-2010, 07:22 PM
As I understand it east mains is paid for. New stand we had the money set aside for- most from Fletcher transfer to burnley. The debt we have is mainly paying back our mortgage?

So if we have funds sorted for stadium etc then if for an example we sold Bamba for 2million and Stokes for the same then surely a good bit of that would go back into strengthening the squad? If not then where does it go?

bingo70
09-05-2010, 07:25 PM
As I understand it east mains is paid for. New stand we had the money set aside for- most from Fletcher transfer to burnley. The debt we have is mainly paying back our mortgage?

So if we have funds sorted for stadium etc then if for an example we sold Bamba for 2million and Stokes for the same then surely a good bit of that would go back into strengthening the squad? If not then where does it go?

There is still some debt there so i'm sure some would go to that.

I would expect the majority of it to go into the squad, i'd be surprised if we started shelling out big transfer fees though, more likely to go to increasing the wage budget by a fair bit.

scoopyboy
09-05-2010, 07:27 PM

Scoopyboy understands the East is not fully paid for......yet.

Any shortfall should be covered from Bamba's sale but Hibs have borrowing in place should nobody be sold.

Obviously they don't want to take up the offer of the loan.

Bob Box Fish
09-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Scoopyboy understands the East is not fully paid for......yet.

Any shortfall should be covered from Bamba's sale but Hibs have borrowing in place should nobody be sold.

Obviously they don't want to take up the offer of the loan.

What range was the cost of the new east stand in price wise 3-4 million?

Hibby 2005
09-05-2010, 07:31 PM
It's a shame we lost a possible half-a-million (or more) by getting beat by Ross County in the Cup as I would imagine that would have been put towards the player pool for next season.

scoopyboy
09-05-2010, 07:52 PM
What range was the cost of the new east stand in price wise 3-4 million?

0.5 to demolish / prepare area and 3.5 to build, so 4.0 all told.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-05-2010, 07:53 PM
does anyone think selling anthony skokes for any sort of money is a good idea?

i dont, i dont think we will get someone who can score goals like he can.

sorry to original poster but i see alot of people on these threads thinking selling our better players for good money is the answer. i dont see any money getting put into the team and havent for a long time. i think now is the time to keep all our better players ie riordan, wotherspoon, murray, stokes and miller and built on them. no more selling a player for one two millions.

john18722
09-05-2010, 07:56 PM

sorry to original poster but i see alot of people on these threads thinking selling our better players for good money is the answer. i dont see any money getting put into the team and havent for a long time. i think now is the time to keep all our better players ie riordan, wotherspoon, murray, stokes and miller and built on them. no more selling a player for one two millions.

I completely agree with this. We should use any extra money to offer new deals to Stokes and Bamba. Whilst its a long shot that they will stay, I think we should do whatever we can. We will not appreciate how good Stokes has been until he has gone.

We have been needing a penalty box striker for years and he is it.

Bob Box Fish
09-05-2010, 07:56 PM

I agree, just used stokes as an example as he's prob biggest asset alongside bamba.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-05-2010, 07:57 PM

It's the Hibs way, and to be honest, it's the successful way to run a football club in a meagre set-up like the SPL.

Bring in players with a point to prove or promote from within, give them the platform to parade their wares and then sell them on for a huge profit. Repeat ad infinitum.

I can't see us ever splashing out a million pound for a player, it just won't happen, not under the current regime anyway. And to be honest, that doesn't bother me one iota.

To run the business model effectively, it needs a sound board of directors with foresight, a good youth system with facilities to complement it and a manager and scouting network that can spot a player.

I think we tick the box on all three scores (for all that are not too hot on Yogi, he can spot, and attract, a player).

bingo70
09-05-2010, 07:59 PM

think it's a nice idea in theory but realistically every club in the world is a selling club and if there's a huge offer comes in for him and he really wants to go then we'd be best selling him and investing the money in the squad.

frsutrating as it is it's the only way a club like hibs can grow, as long as we keep signing players that'll have a sell on value after a couple of years then we should keep on improving which is what it's all about.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-05-2010, 08:11 PM
It's the Hibs way, and to be honest, it's the successful way to run a football club in a meagre set-up like the SPL.

Bring in players with a point to prove or promote from within, give them the platform to parade their wares and then sell them on for a huge profit. Repeat ad infinitum.

I can't see us ever splashing out a million pound for a player, it just won't happen, not under the current regime anyway. And to be honest, that doesn't bother me one iota.

To run the business model effectively, it needs a sound board of directors with foresight, a good youth system with facilities to complement it and a manager and scouting network that can spot a player.

I think we tick the box on all three scores (for all that are not too hot on Yogi, he can spot, and attract, a player).

well i hope everyone on here expects to win * all ever and scottish cup will never be ours. get used to it hibs fans. only luck would ever get us there because if we do well our players will be gone in the january of ever year.

i know we will always be a selling club but we sell all our good players way before getting anything out of them and if this is the answer then there is nothing i can do. but piss and moan about it :grr:

i think the successful way to run a football club it to win tropies.

bingo70
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
well i hope everyone on here expects to win ****** all ever and scottish cup will never be ours. get used to it hibs fans. only luck would ever get us there because if we do well our players will be gone in the january of ever year.

i know we will always be a selling club but we sell all our good players way before getting anything out of them and if this is the answer then there is nothing i can do. but piss and moan about it :grr:

i think the successful way to run a football club it to win tropies.

Your not living in the real world, players heads get turned, they rightly believe they can earn more money elsewhere so you just end up with an unhappy player who'll let his contract run down and leave for free, selling players at the point when we'll make most money for them so we can re-invest it in the squad is the only way we can grow and regularly compete for 3rd and trophies. To do it your way we'd have a couple of good seasons then be pish for years while we hope to get another batch of youngsters through.

We'll never outspend the old firm, and we're already on the way to outspending the other clubs so i think that's the best we can hope for.

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 08:36 PM

I agree. We need to hold onto our best players if we want to progress. We are not in the position we were 5-6 years ago when we needed to sell our best players to reduce the debt. Fair enough we will lose some of our players as every player wants to play at the highest level they possibly can. But lets keep hold of some of our best players, but fair enough we will lose some of our best players when clubs come in for them and offer good decent money for the club and the player.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree. We need to hold onto our best players if we want to progress. We are not in the position we were 5-6 years ago when we needed to sell our best players to reduce the debt. Fair enough we will lose some of our players as every player wants to play at the highest level they possibly can. But lets keep hold of some of our best players, but fair enough we will lose some of our best players when clubs come in for them and offer good decent money for the club and the player.

The problem is that due to the Bosman ruling the best players will leave at the end of their contracts and their is nothing we can do about it. Running a club like Hibs is all about finding that balance between success on the park and stability off it.

The board at Hibs decided a few year ago that selling players of value for large sums of money was the way forward to ensure the debt was reduced to a manageable level and the correct infastructure was put in place to secure the future of the club. We are now in a position where we know longer have to allow every player to leave when an offer comes in. However anyone who believes Hibs will ever be in a position to turn down an offer of say £2M for Anthony Stokes is living in dream land. The fact is if we turn down such an offer Stokes would simply allow his contract to run down and move on regardless.

I agree we should not sell our players for less than we believe they are worth but at the same time we have to realise every club in the world, outwith a tiny percentage of huge clubs, is a selling club. It's football now. We would all like to believe we can hold onto players, give them long term contracts on big money and build a team that will win trophies year in, year out. Unfortunately though football is a business as much as a sport these days and balancing the books is nearly as important as success on the park. Sad but true.

renato
09-05-2010, 09:01 PM
The problem is that due to the Bosman ruling the best players will leave at the end of their contracts and their is nothing we can do about it. Running a club like Hibs is all about finding that balance between success on the park and stability off it.

The board at Hibs decided a few year ago that selling players of value for large sums of money was the way forward to ensure the debt was reduced to a manageable level and the correct infastructure was put in place to secure the future of the club. We are now in a position where we know longer have to allow every player to leave when an offer comes in. However anyone who believes Hibs will ever be in a position to turn down an offer of say £2M for Anthony Stokes is living in dream land. The fact is if we turn down such an offer Stokes would simply allow his contract to run down and move on regardless.

I agree we should not sell our players for less than we believe they are worth but at the same time we have to realise every club in the world, outwith a tiny percentage of huge clubs, is a selling club. It's football now. We would all like to believe we can hold onto players, give them long term contracts on big money and build a team that will win trophies year in, year out. Unfortunately though football is a business as much as a sport these days and balancing the books is nearly as important as success on the park. Sad but true.

:agree:

If you go by what's happened since last summer, only Barca, Real and maybe Chelsea are in that elite group.

Milan and Man U both sold their best players, and they're in the top 5 biggest clubs in the world. If it's good enough for them.....