PDA

View Full Version : Throwing games?

noseyhibby
09-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Just heard his post-match comments and he as good as confessed that Dundee United were not interested and had their minds on other matters. With all the well-documented controversy surrounding teams sending out inferior sides, that basically have thrown the game before a ball is kicked, Motherwell could feel aggrieved that they were todays victims. My main concern is that punters get shafted financially as they have coughed up full admission prices to witness fringe players go through the motions. The least that a club could do is offer a voucher system awarding fans who attend these fiascos a freebie to the next home game, or certainly a vastly-reduced admission charge. Fans pay extortionate prices as it stands to watch their side, and the least they expect is the best players on show. Take away the best players (for understandable reasons in Uniteds case) and surely supporters should be compensated.:cool2:

marinello59
09-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Just heard his post-match comments and he as good as confessed that Dundee United were not interested and had their minds on other matters. With all the well-documented controversy surrounding teams sending out inferior sides, that basically have thrown the game before a ball is kicked, Motherwell could feel aggrieved that they were todays victims. My main concern is that punters get shafted financially as they have coughed up full admission prices to witness fringe players go through the motions. The least that a club could do is offer a voucher system awarding fans who attend these fiascos a freebie to the next home game, or certainly a vastly-reduced admission charge. Fans pay extortionate prices as it stands to watch their side, and the least they expect is the best players on show. Take away the best players (for understandable reasons in Uniteds case) and surely supporters should be compensated.:cool2:

What an absolute load of tosh. It's something you would expect our Gorgie pals to post up in order to find some reason for their inferiority to us this season. United didn't throw that game, Hibs won it.

greenlex
09-05-2010, 05:58 PM
So what?

Agree 100 %. I have my doubts about Noseboys Hobs authenticity. How could anyone come on here tonight and bring that up is beyond me. We feeling a wee bit bitter tonight Noseyboy?

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong...

But do the rules not now state that you have to play your strongest side? :confused:

A 10 point deduction should be a fair punishment. :devil:

Hiber-nation
09-05-2010, 06:00 PM

So you're not just happy we've won then like everybody else?

Hmmmm....

--------
09-05-2010, 06:02 PM

My heart bleeds for Motherwell. It really does. :rolleyes:

This happens. Football's a squad game now, and United could argue that they were simply allowing a number of squad players a run-out before the final.

Besides, every SPL club has an obligation to do its best to provide a safe, level playing surface for matches. This is a basic obligation which Motherwell have made no attempt to meet for the last three or four years at least.

Like I say, my heart bleeds.

MSK
09-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Just heard his post-match comments and he as good as confessed that Dundee United were not interested and had their minds on other matters. With all the well-documented controversy surrounding teams sending out inferior sides, that basically have thrown the game before a ball is kicked, Motherwell could feel aggrieved that they were todays victims. My main concern is that punters get shafted financially as they have coughed up full admission prices to witness fringe players go through the motions. The least that a club could do is offer a voucher system awarding fans who attend these fiascos a freebie to the next home game, or certainly a vastly-reduced admission charge. Fans pay extortionate prices as it stands to watch their side, and the least they expect is the best players on show. Take away the best players (for understandable reasons in Uniteds case) and surely supporters should be compensated.:cool2:And your a hibbie ..coming oot wi that bollox ..?...:hmmm:

BroxburnHibee
09-05-2010, 06:06 PM
And your a hibbie ..coming oot wi that bollox ..?...:hmmm:

I think its been too much to take for our latest jambo. :agree:

noseyhibby
09-05-2010, 06:07 PM
What an absolute load of tosh. It's something you would expect our Gorgie pals to post up in order to find some reason for their inferiority to us this season. United didn't throw that game, Hibs won it.

You have missed the main thrust of my thread: supporters being compensated for watching an inferior product. You also fail to grasp the wider picture and see Hibs becoming the victims also. Calling my thread a load of tosh tells me nothing, and bringing our Gorgie chums into it again tells me nothing. Please address the actual issues flagged up.

--------
09-05-2010, 06:08 PM
And your a hibbie ..coming oot wi that bollox ..?...:hmmm:

He's altruistically exercised on behalf of all the poor souls who turned up at Tannadice to see a below-strength and sub-standard United team throwing the game to the Cabbage. A bit like the ones who were hinting that Graeme Smith had thrown the game on Wednesday evening.

Or he could be a Yam squatting on the pity-pot. :devil:

marinello59
You have missed the main thrust of my thread: supporters being compensated for watching an inferior product. You also fail to grasp the wider picture and see Hibs becoming the victims also. Calling my thread a load of tosh tells me nothing, and bringing our Gorgie chums into it again tells me nothing. Please address the actual issues flagged up.

Your thread is headed throwing games? So did United throw the game?

noseyhibby

But do the rules not now state that you have to play your strongest side? :confused:

Like I say: it's a controversial issue and should fans not be compensated for watching a deliberately weakened side?

Hibs90
09-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Me thinks someones just blew his cover. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
09-05-2010, 06:11 PM

I've dealt with your issues :wink:

noseyhibby
09-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Agree 100 %. I have my doubts about Noseboys Hobs authenticity. How could anyone come on here tonight and bring that up is beyond me. We feeling a wee bit bitter tonight Noseyboy?

You have not addressed the issues highlighted. Try doing this in response instead of attacking the thread starter. :bitchy::bitchy:

Iggy Pope
09-05-2010, 06:12 PM

Hearts field an inferior side every week.

Did Dundee Utd introduce any players today with new squad numbers? No? All first-teamers it is then.
Unless I'm wrong of course.

Ed De Gramo
09-05-2010, 06:13 PM

Away and sook on yer 'sisters' root....:bye::bye::bye:

'i've been watching Hibs all these years'..:bye::bye::bye:
:faf::faf::faf:

LTYF

noz
09-05-2010, 06:15 PM
totally agree with noseyhibby, it was a hollow victory, dun utd were distracted by the cup final. Theres no way we would have beaten them if the game mattered. Weve been pish for a while.

That said, thems the breaks in football, we deserved 4th.

MSK
09-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Like I say: it's a controversial issue and should fans not be compensated for watching a deliberately weakened side?A matter of hours after we qualify for europe you post this tripe ..shouldnt you be celebrating that achievement instead of blabbing off utter bollox !!!

noseyhibby
09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I can't believe that Admin has reduced me to a jambo because I flagged up a controversial area. If this is truly the mindset of those that oversee Hibs.net then please remove me entirely from this site. I am absolutely flabergasted and astonished at how petty and childish my so-called fellow Hibbies can be. By all means remove me entirely. I can think of better things to do than try to establish a sensible dialogue with those incapable of seeing the bigger picture and refraining from personal attacks. :bitchy::bitchy:

MSK
09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
totally agree with noseyhibby, it was a hollow victory, dun utd were distracted by the cup final. Theres no way we would have beaten them if the game mattered. Weve been pish for a while.

That said, thems the breaks in football, we deserved 4th.Another one ..keep em coming ...:faf:

bob12345
09-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I think it is fair to say Well could be frustrated but at the end of the day United have the right to do what's in their best interests and rotating the squad ahead of a cup final is definitely that. Places are decided over the course of the season not on the last day.

Oh and there is a big difference between prioritising and throwing - which means deliberately losing.

Ed De Gramo
09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
I can't believe that Admin has reduced me to a jambo because I flagged up a controversial area. If this is truly the mindset of those that oversee Hibs.net then please remove me entirely from this site. I am absolutely flabergasted and astonished at how petty and childish my so-called fellow Hibbies can be. By all means remove me entirely. I can think of better things to do than try to establish a sensible dialogue with those incapable of seeing the bigger picture and refraining from personal attacks. :bitchy::bitchy:

The yam has spoken

LTYF...

Hibs90
09-05-2010, 06:20 PM

That said, thems the breaks in football, we deserved 4th.

Oh dear :faf:

GreenCastle
09-05-2010, 06:21 PM

Points deduction for United :greengrin

Hibs into 3rd :agree:

Straw clutching anyone ? :faf:

noseyhibby
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Please have the decency to remove the jambo association in my avator immediately as it is petty, childish and embarrassing for you. The day a hibby can't post something controversial without being tagged, slated and accused of being a jambo is indeed a sad day. You can either remove the offending jambo tag and apologise or remove me completely from Hibs.net.

Hiber-nation

It's Nosey's wee brother :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
Please have the decency to remove the jambo association in my avator immediately as it is petty, childish and embarrassing for you. The day a hibby can't post something controversial without being tagged, slated and accused of being a jambo is indeed a sad day. You can either remove the offending jambo tag and apologise or remove me completely from Hibs.net.

remove him...simples

steviehfc
09-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Just heard his post-match comments and he as good as confessed that Dundee United were not interested and had their minds on other matters. With all the well-documented controversy surrounding teams sending out inferior sides, that basically have thrown the game before a ball is kicked, Motherwell could feel aggrieved that they were todays victims. My main concern is that punters get shafted financially as they have coughed up full admission prices to witness fringe players go through the motions. The least that a club could do is offer a voucher system awarding fans who attend these fiascos a freebie to the next home game, or certainly a vastly-reduced admission charge. Fans pay extortionate prices as it stands to watch their side, and the least they expect is the best players on show. Take away the best players (for understandable reasons in Uniteds case) and surely supporters should be compensated.:cool2: Dry them ya Yam Fud. :dummytit::dummytit::dummytit: Enjoy Butlins

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:25 PM
TBH if Hibs were in United's position I'd have expected Hughes to do the same. Why risk your top scorer or best defender getting injured or red carded and miss a Cup Final for what was a meaningless game to them. I'd also have thought that the United fans who turned up to the game expected to see the team that played for them today.

It's called squad rotation and every team does it at one point or another.

we are hibs
09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
just be happy were in europe my god we wernt here this time last season:feed::nade::brokenyam:

Nuitdelune
09-05-2010, 06:27 PM
It could be an error--was just reading all his posts. Perhaps that's how undercover they go though--I don't know. Please don't remove me though--just trying to be fair before it is done!

MSK
09-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Please have the decency to remove the jambo association in my avator immediately as it is petty, childish and embarrassing for you. The day a hibby can't post something controversial without being tagged, slated and accused of being a jambo is indeed a sad day. You can either remove the offending jambo tag and apologise or remove me completely from Hibs.net.Or we can leave you to make a further tit of yourself ..slow & painful ..

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I think the yam signatures a bit harsh. :agree:

Doesn't take anything away from the comedy though. :tee hee:

noz
09-05-2010, 06:29 PM

...great reply, really inciteful, did u think that one up all yourself?!

Away and play on the road.....

Hibs90
09-05-2010, 06:29 PM
just be happy were in europe my god we wernt here this time last season:feed::nade::brokenyam:

:faf:

dawn
09-05-2010, 06:30 PM

That confirms it for me, a hibby would have just called the admin pr1cks!

Keep him!:devil:

Hibs90

Away and play on the road.....

At least it won't be the road to Inverness I'll be playing on. I'll be playing on the roads in Sunny Spain :greengrin

noseyhibby
I gave admin a chance but they have not removed th offending jambo tag. I therefore am leaving Hibs.net. I wish all the decent posters on Hibs.net the very best of luck . The childishness and petty name-calling on here is deplorable and really not worth the energy expended.

Velma Dinkley
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
This board has been a yamfest for a couple of months now. Time for a close season clearout:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
09-05-2010, 06:32 PM
I gave admin a chance but they have not removed th offending jambo tag. I therefore am leaving Hibs.net. I wish all the decent posters on Hibs.net the very best of luck . The childishness and petty name-calling on here is deplorable and really not worth the energy expended.

So long, farwell Auf Wieders....

Oh wait a minute....you won't need to learn another language as your going to Butlins :bye::bye::bye:

steviehfc
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM

Away and play on the road.....My, you lot really are touchy tonight. Don't worry i'm sure Butlins will have a spare place for you as well. :dummytit::dummytit:

Danderhall Hibs

:aok: All the best for the future.

Mibbes Aye

Or you can grow a set, take responsibilty for what you post and if you don't like the response, take yourself elsewhere :dunno:

EDIT: :brickwall He beat me to it!! By two bloody minutes!! :grr: :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
09-05-2010, 06:34 PM

You gave ME a chance :faf:

I'll no be apologising to any yam fud :bye:

The_Sauz
09-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Did Utd not have a weakened team out midweek against Yams :agree:

Nameless
This is pathetic. The OP has posed a valid question which is worth discussing. I think his timing is not the best, but changing his status is juvenile.

greenlex

You'll be back. You know you will.

Ed De Gramo
09-05-2010, 06:36 PM
This is pathetic. The OP has posed a valid question which is worth discussing. I think his timing is not the best, but changing his status is juvenile.

He's finally been outed as a yam....someone that's been long suspected as a yam...

bingo70
09-05-2010, 06:37 PM

I would be amazed if he was being launched for that post alone, i'm pretty certain they'll have other reasons for believing he was a yam.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:38 PM
I would be amazed if he was being launched for that post alone, i'm pretty certain they'll have other reasons for believing he was a yam.

He's not been launched. He was so convincing when he threw his Russian hat to the ground in a rage that they changed his status back. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
09-05-2010, 06:38 PM

He's not been launched.

chrisski33
09-05-2010, 06:39 PM
go away and dry ur eyes! Remove urself from here urself! Weve just got into europe and finished 4th after a bad run and u come up with a post like urs? Why wud utd throw the game when they have players who want to prove themselves to get into the cup final team?

Nameless

If that is true then fair enough, I'm not on here enough to say who is a yam or not.

NORTHERNHIBBY

:bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

Hibby 2005
09-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Dearie me.

While I'm happy Hibs won, I'm sure had Goodwillie, Daly, Webster and Dodds been playing in a match that meant anything we'd have been gubbed.

resident_Arab
09-05-2010, 06:44 PM

We didnt throw the game at all and Hibs did win it, well done captain obvious.

However the last 4 games of the season (since we secured 3rd with the 3-2 win at Motherwell) we have had nowhere near our best side out for any game and been nowhere near our best (reflected in results and performances), even then we still managed to lose a couple players to injury that wont make the Final.

Its no surprise mentally our players dont want to end up like Sandaza,Dods,Dixon and Kovacevic in missing the Final.

Every other team would be the same in our situation.

marinello59
09-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Dearie me.

While I'm happy Hibs won, I'm sure had Goodwillie, Daly, Webster and Dodds been playing in a match that meant anything we'd have been gubbed.

Possibly. We will never know. There is a difference between rotating your squad and throwing a match though.

scoopyboy
09-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't see his problem.

Only people paying would have been Hibs fans and Utd fans.

Hibs fans don't care one little bit.

United fans have a very winnable cup final in 6 days time, so they won't care as I'm sure they would rather have lost today than get injuries or suspensions.

Nobody getting ripped off financially.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:47 PM

However the last 4 games of the season (since we secured 3rd with the 3-2 win at Motherwell) we have had nowhere near our best side out for any game and been nowhere near our best (reflected in results and performances), even then we still managed to lose a couple players to injury that wont make the Final.

Its no surprise mentally our players dont want to end up like Sandaza,Dods,Dixon and Kovacevic in missing the Final.

:agree: Without a doubt. Hopefully we'll do the same next year. Return the favour. :greengrin

marinello59
09-05-2010, 06:47 PM

Exactly...................Captain Obvious.:greengrin

Toaods
09-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I wish all the decent posters on Hibs.net the very best of luck .

I'm with you and Nishy....95% of them don't know what they're on about.

Fancy a pint next week?

:cool2:

NaeTechnoHibby
09-05-2010, 06:54 PM
TBH if Hibs were in United's position I'd have expected Hughes to do the same. Why risk your top scorer or best defender getting injured or red carded and miss a Cup Final for what was a meaningless game to them. I'd also have thought that the United fans who turned up to the game expected to see the team that played for them today.

Havnae read all of this, but yes to your summation :thumbsup:

Also, if DU are not at full strength for the Cup Final they could get beat and we will be relagated to the 5th entry to the Europa league :bitchy:

Come oan The Arabs come Saturday :thumbsup:

resident_Arab
09-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Exactly...................Captain Obvious.:greengrin

Correct.... Captai.... ah ***** it. :wink:

ScottB
09-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Even if this was true, we had to play on their ploughed field 3 times this season, so I'd say that balances out!

EH6 Hibby
09-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Even if this was true, we had to play on their ploughed field 3 times this season, so I'd say that balances out!

And they got a 1-0 win which I doubt they would have got if we had kept 11 men the pitch like we should have. :agree:

Sudds_1
09-05-2010, 07:23 PM
You have not addressed the issues highlighted. Try doing this in response instead of attacking the thread starter. :bitchy::bitchy:

Address your issues? OK, here goes:

You have unsustainable debt, borne of an arrogance quite unbefitting your league position

You have spent heavily, yet failed to deliver success

You have an absent owner who holds no affinity or loyalty towards either your club or its supporters

You live in the shadow of your City rivals, who have little debt, some of the best facilities in GB, a modern fit for purpose stadium and who have fnished in fourth place this year, despite paying a fraction of your wage bill

And you City rivals will be playng European football next season - and you wont.

Will that do? :greengrin:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM

True and I would have expected our manager to do that.
Of course if we had been in Motherwells position tonight, this messageboard would have been full of posts slating Dundee Unt.

ahibby
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM
My point has already been made by others and that is that Motherwell had been given the opportunity to make up for Hibs last game against Utd. They had us at their ground 3 times to our once at ER. If that isn't an unfair advantage then I don't know what is. We pumped well 3-1 at their ground lost 1-0 and drew 6-6 all in their home games. On the head to heads with Well Hibs have come out on top over the piece. I bet the Utd fansdont mind one bit about the team that was put out today. Further the Motherwell penalty today was never a penalty. On any other day that is other than the day they are celebrating winning the league, Rangers would never have lost a two goal lead with a couple of minutes remaining. Yes all in all I would say Motherwell have been well and truely compensated for Utds weakened team and the better team ended up fourth. Well deserve their fifth place. The OP doesn't warrant a reply but what the hell.

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 08:01 PM

Exactly. My mate who was at the game today told me that United were trying to win the game just as much as Hibs were but they never.