PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Year?

Hibs90
09-05-2010, 05:37 PM
So, whose everyone's player of the year then?

Cabbage1875
09-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Stokes for me, his goals have been vital.

Hainan Hibs
09-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Nish for doing an Amadou Konte and getting us into Europe.

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Very suprised to see Kevin McBride not had any votes yet. He and Miller made the midfield tick, when they where playing together during the early part of the season.

Dunkin' Donut
09-05-2010, 08:08 PM
voted for murray but it could easily be stokes aswell.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM
If we had a player of the half year McBride would have won by a country mile. Given his injuries and dp in form in the latter part of the season i'm voting for Stokes based on how vital his goals were.

dawn
09-05-2010, 08:26 PM
voted for murray but it could easily be stokes aswell.

:agree:

Stokes can have it next year.:greengrin
Murry's overall performance, loyalty, grit and metal does it for me, and it would be nice for Murry to receive the award when the team have had a successful and meaningful season!

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-05-2010, 08:29 PM
If we had a player of the half year McBride would have won by a country mile. Given his injuries and dp in form in the latter part of the season i'm voting for Stokes based on how vital his goals were.

Or Miller surely?!? Both immense for half the season. I went for Murray just ahead of Stokes.

Dunbar Hibee
09-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Ian Murray for me! Stokes and Deek come close though:agree:

Ryan91
09-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Voted Stokes, but Murray has put in a great shift this season. Also feel that Wotherspoon deserves a mention, did superbly well in his first full season in the first team, most certainly one for the future I think

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Voted for Murray because he has given everything in every single game.

But McBride has shown that he is a decent player and would have been my second choice.

Wotherspoon deserves a mention, coz even though he tired towards the end of the season he has shown that he could be a star for us if things work out for him.

Liam89
09-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Wotherspoon for me, his success story has been tremendous. Although he did tire towards the end of the season.

MacBean
09-05-2010, 11:06 PM
for his vast improvement and development

John Rankin

rightwinger
09-05-2010, 11:14 PM
It's a tough one IMO.

I had to go for Stokes for the goals he has consistently scored throughout the season. There was a time between December and Jan when he scored all our goals.

Riordan, Miller, McBride, Zemmama, Bamba all had strong spells in the season but didn't produce the goods as consistently as they could have. Perhaps it was unreasonable to expect them to - and maybe the manager should take some responsibility for relying of Riordan and Miller, in particular, so heavily.

Nice to see Rankin's efforts noticed. Hardly POTY but a key performer in a decent season.

ian cruise
09-05-2010, 11:31 PM
stokes for his goals

no-one has been fantastic for the whole season but i think murray has been solid, riordan has been fantastic at times, wotherspoon has had a fantastic first season given how much time we expected him to play, miller and mcbride were great for half a season, bamba was great up unitl the acon and has really found his form again. nish congrats for your last two games where you really inspired ourself to prove everyone wrong, keep it up if you stay. zemmama was brilliant to watch at times.

:notworthy:

Scotthibs1875
10-05-2010, 12:20 AM
for his vast improvement and development

John Rankin
That was a joke.... right?

Dunbar Hibee
10-05-2010, 12:24 AM

Why would it be:confused:

ian cruise
10-05-2010, 12:27 AM

he's not been our player of the year but i think he has improved over the season, and he hasnt hid when others have.

i think he could be useful to keep around nexrt season unless hughes got a couple of great midfielders in, and i dont think thats our priority squad wise. certainly could do with one midfielder but i'd say a right back, centre defender, maybe two are priorities

monktonharp
10-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Derek Riordan. IMHO he gets a lot less credit than he deserves. scored some fantastic goals this season which cannot be denied ,and may have got more if he was in a more forward position. I so hope vthat he stays,and commits himself to Hibernian for a long time.

truehibernian
10-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Big Sol for me. Stokes and Riordan have been vital for goals, but how we could have done with the big fella against Rangers, Hearts and Well. Strangely, John Rankin has been a wee shining light this last 6 or 7 games too. Honest, professional, works like a wee trojan in the midfield which is constantly over run. But Bamba for me over the season. Have to say I was a major doubter about their bottle today but the boys done us proud. Happy to eat humble pie tonight.....especially as it will taste better after all the Heineken I have drunk :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
10-05-2010, 02:30 AM
surely colin nish!:wink:

Judas Iscariot
10-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Derek Riordan. IMHO he gets a lot less credit than he deserves. scored some fantastic goals this season which cannot be denied ,and may have got more if he was in a more forward position. I so hope vthat he stays,and commits himself to Hibernian for a long time.

:agree:

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2010, 07:40 AM
iM GOING FOR wOTHERSPOON,BUT i WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SPECIAL MENTION TO dEEKS,CAPS AAAAARGH.
Deeks has been played wide,his all round game has improved and scored a barrow load from a wide position.

Steve20
10-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Stokes or Riordan.

J-C
10-05-2010, 08:18 AM
I voted Deek, the fact he's scored 16 goals out of position, coupled with the fact he's added a wee bit extra graft to his game makes him a more rounded player than Stokes.

MacBean
10-05-2010, 09:48 AM

nope not a joke, but i agree he has not been our player of the year.
I'm merely complimenting a guy who gets far to much abuse on this board and by many fans at games. I rate him as a player and his work rate is simply outstanding.

Fair enough he isn't the most technically gifted footballer we have in the squad and, yes, he has not been our player of the season, but I would like him to give some credit for what he has achieved this season and his contribution to us claiming that fourth spot!!!

who Shot JR? :wink:

7Hero
10-05-2010, 09:53 AM
gott to be stokes for me.

Expecting Rain
10-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Easy, Wotherspoon, a tremendous achievement by anybodys standards, going from under19 football straight to the SPL and credit to Yogi for believing in him.

M11BMO
10-05-2010, 10:02 AM
How about Hogg for the player who had deteriorated the most!? He's had a stinker all season. :bitchy: