PDA

View Full Version : Yogi to stay next season or not

jws1875
09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
:devil:Yogi to stay next season or not :devil:

PeterboroHibee
09-05-2010, 05:18 PM
The goal (after we couldnt get 3rd) was 4th so it has been a good finish to the season.

Think there has been a lot of questionable moments in the latter half of the season but I suppose in the end you cant argue with us being in Europe, so yes.

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Regardless of our slump, he got us into Europe with 11 months of work.

So (although i've slated him plenty) I think he should stay.

SRHibs
09-05-2010, 05:22 PM
God we are a fickle lot.
A few days ago most of us wanted him out, but after a win against an understrength DU team everything's hunky-dory again.:faf:

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 07:17 PM
I have slated Yogi as well this season. But there is no other manager out there that shares the same passion and commitment for Hibs. I have got confidence that Hughes will do a splendid job and will be on the radars from clubs in England. Give Yogi time to build his own squad up.

ScottB
09-05-2010, 07:22 PM
I think he's just about earned the right to have till Christmas, so I'll go with that I guess.

We may have got fourth by the skin of our teeth, but the slump of the last few months still concerns me and a 6-6 draw and a 2 nil against United doesn't convince me that he has figured out his mistakes any. Hopefully with some new players he will come good.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:24 PM
He will be manager i'm sure, but i would rather he weren't.

JE89
09-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Despite our dreadful run, he has managed to climb two positions on last year and get us into Europe. Not been a perfect season but he deserves another season at least.

I have always supported him except on Wednesday, but well done Yogi, good end to the season and looking forward to next season with a wee Euro trip thrown in for good measure. Glory Glory :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2010, 07:28 PM
On the evidence of the last 4 months he should be on thin ice.

But he did get us into Europe and 4th place in the league and IMO that should be enough for him to be given more time.

But two things:

1)

Its not exactly difficult to see what parts of the team need to be looked at and he should be moving heaven & earth in the close season to improve those areas.

2)

He has made some pretty bad decisions during games, in as much as there were times when shoring up the defence or midfield would have got us a win or a draw instead of a defeat. He has to identify when these times are and act accordingly, even if it means his mantra of all out attack to win games goes out of the window.

Even the special one knows that and he aint a bad manager because of it.

Good luck next season Mr Hughes.

iwasthere1972
09-05-2010, 07:31 PM
How could Hibs justify sacking Yogi after us finishing 4th and qualifying for Europe?

I have therefore voted YES.

JimBHibees
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Big picture people. He has got us into Europe after one season while the last couple of months have been poor he has done a good job this season no denying it. IMO it will get better as he knows where we need to get better.

Westie1875
09-05-2010, 07:36 PM
The Yogi haters are just going to have to put up and shut up for a good while, there is absolutely no chance he will be sacked or resign after finishing 4th. And quite right too. :greengrin

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:40 PM
The Yogi haters are just going to have to put up and shut up for a good while, there is absolutely no chance he will be sacked or resign after finishing 4th. And quite right too. :greengrin

But I don't hate him, I just don't think he is the one to take us forward.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 07:47 PM
It would be farcical to sack a manager that has just taken us into a European spot.

The only way he'll not be here is if he gets a better offer and decides enough is enough - and all the flak he's taken could swing his decision. It's clear that some folk will never want him in the job and won't admit they're wring even if we're sitting pretty in the league next season.

Hibs90
09-05-2010, 07:48 PM
If were ***** in January then he has to go but credit where credit's due he deserves another season.

Greenblood70
09-05-2010, 08:11 PM

I really hate the "haters" tag. It's such a lazy argument. Fair play we got there in the end but imho season tickets will determine hughes future and i can only see them reducing due to financial constraints, a general disatisfaction with football and the common held belief that Yogi is a tactical moron.

If i'm honest there's some two faced canutes that post here. A week ago the vote was broadly the opposite. I still don't think Hughes is a good tactician or manager..but then I wasn't ever sure that was the case. I wanted him in to kick some ***** and get us playing with a bit of passion. When that was required and we were asked to show a bit of bottle we failed time and again.

Nothing will change because this was the worst SPL in living memory for me and we only scraped past a Motherwell side with a fraction of our budget to claim the Euro spot. I can't see anything in Yogi, likeable as he is, that convinces me he'll suddenly be able to change a game in our favour or hang on to a lead when we're under pressure. i'm yet to hear a compelling argument why this will suddenly become a reality next season.

Maybe when we see the comings and goings next season more will agree with me.:wink: