Don-hibee
09-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Well done boys on winning the Premier One title :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

bod
09-05-2010, 08:41 PM
ra ra ra we're going to crush the oinks :thumbsup:

Don-hibee
22-05-2010, 06:58 PM
From our Mini section right through to 1st XV winning Club of the Month and Club of the Season, :thumbsup::top marks:applause:

Golden Bear
23-05-2010, 08:31 AM
So who bankrolls Currie and is the team littered with expensive imports? These circumstances seem to be the norm for a rugby team which rises quickly from relative anonymity.

Unfortunately history has shown that success will be short lived and the downward spiral sets in very quickly.

H18sry
23-05-2010, 09:23 AM
So who bankrolls Currie and is the team littered with expensive imports? These circumstances seem to be the norm for a rugby team which rises quickly from relative anonymity.

Unfortunately history has shown that success will be short lived and the downward spiral sets in very quickly.

Nobody bankrolls Currie, it is just a well run club,and more than half the team are home grown players, :bye:

And as for your short lived success comment what a load of pish, Currie won the league 3 seasons ago, :cool2:

Wembley67
23-05-2010, 12:06 PM
When wandering past I noticed that Currie are playing Japan....thought that was quite strange, its not the international team is it???

Don-hibee
23-05-2010, 05:06 PM
When wandering past I noticed that Currie are playing Japan....thought that was quite strange, its not the international team is it???
Yes that a reward from the SRU for winning the league, Japan play a Scotland xv next week so the Currie game is a warm up for that , get yourself along to Malleny on Tuesday only a fiver to get in :wink:

Wembley67
23-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes that a reward from the SRU for winning the league, Japan wanted a game against Scottish opposition, and the national side are not together at this time of the season so Currie got the gig, get yourself along to Malleny on Tuesday only a fiver to get in :wink:

I may very well do that...something a bit different for a tuesday night :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
23-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Nobody bankrolls Currie, it is just a well run club,and more than half the team are home grown players, :bye:

And as for your short lived success comment what a load of pish, Currie won the league 3 seasons ago, :cool2:

That's me told then!

I was thinking of teams like Highland, Gordonians and to a lesser extent Biggar.

Even a team like Ayr would be nobodies without their imports from the southern hemisphere.

Danderhall Hibs
24-05-2010, 01:49 PM
That's me told then!

I was thinking of teams like Highland, Gordonians and to a lesser extent Biggar.

Even a team like Ayr would be nobodies without their imports from the southern hemisphere.

They used to snap up the best players from the likes of Livingston and add them to a couple of New Zealanders. Obviously they get a few through the youth section as well.