PDA

View Full Version : Benji

Diclonius
09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Benji was crying after the game.

Looks like he's away. Good to see he cares.

All the best Benji and cheers for your goals in the cup final.

Jim44
09-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Where's he off to?

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Wee boy at the front, shouted him over during the subs warm up and asked for his training top. He took it off and handed it over. Superb gesture.:agree:

Sir David Gray
09-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Where's he off to?

Real Madrid. :agree:

soupy
09-05-2010, 03:19 PM

:faf::faf:

zlatan
09-05-2010, 03:19 PM

lol

Jim44
09-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I'd be happy to see him at ER next season on one condition that he never takes another penalty in a Hibs strip.

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2010, 03:27 PM
He looked truly upset at the end. Felt for him

The_Horde
09-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I'd keep him, and nowt to do with my username. :greengrin

Elephant Stone
09-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I hope he stays right here but wish him all the best if he decides to move on, I will never forget those goals in the CIS final as long as I live.

All the best Benji :agree:

Chuckie
09-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I hope he stays right here but wish him all the best if he decides to move on, I will never forget those goals in the CIS final as long as I live.

All the best Benji :agree:

And this.....

YouTube - benji (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDF9SweCJYk&feature=related)

:fez:

fife hfc
09-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Good luck Benji as I feel he will be away. Never quite managed to recapture the form he had when we won the cup as he was scoring quite regularly. he definitely has ability and has given me one of my finest memories supporting Hibs when we won the cup.

lucky
09-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Only reason he will be crying cos he can no longer rip Hibs off. He has never shown he cared about Hibs ever. When he did string a few decent games together a couple years ago he linked himself with moves away. I for one wont miss him. I have regarded him as a wage thief at ER for sometime now.

zlatan
09-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Only reason he will be crying cos he can no longer rip Hibs off. He has never shown he cared about Hibs ever. When he did string a few decent games together a couple years ago he linked himself with moves away. I for one wont miss him. I have regarded him as a wage thief at ER for sometime now.

That's nice

Hibby 2005
09-05-2010, 04:18 PM
A bit unfair, but then Benji will only ever be remembered for one game.

Cracker
09-05-2010, 04:20 PM

Yogi was asked after game if that was benji s last game as he was upset when he came off the park,NO was the reply.:bye:

Bristolhibby
09-05-2010, 04:22 PM
That goal against the Yams, which won the game 1-0. He then ran the length to give the GIRFUY to the Yams.

J

rightwinger
09-05-2010, 04:22 PM
There's no reason not to wish him well. He's certainly given us a few moments to remember.

Overall though, the time is probably right for all parties that he moves on.

Hughes needs to add greater balance and variety to his squad. Benji's forte is as a mercurial attacker. With the likes of Riordan, Zemmama, Miller, Galbraith, Stokes, we are not short of such players.

We also have enough midfield workhorses - McBride, Cregg, Rankin, Stevenson. The priority for Hughes must be to add presence to the spine - reliable gk, big barsteward centre-half, big barsteward centre-midfielder, and big barsteward striker.

I really hope that the good result today doesn't mask the necessary adjustments that need to be made to the squad.

chorley_fm
09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
probably tears of joy at finally getting a win bonus

rightwinger
09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
That goal against the Yams, which won the game 1-0. He then ran the length to give the GIRFUY to the Yams.

J

Pedant alert!!

It was 2-1

Some jambo infamously posted on the old BBC forum during the game - 'Benji's coming on - thank god - he's rubbish'

Wotherspiniesta
09-05-2010, 04:49 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8671245.stm

hibsbollah
09-05-2010, 04:55 PM

Classless post:rolleyes:

Bristolhibby
09-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Pedant alert!!

It was 2-1

Some jambo infamously posted on the old BBC forum during the game - 'Benji's coming on - thank god - he's rubbish'

Ahh. I knew it was the winner.

J

lucky
09-05-2010, 05:02 PM

In what way?

If we are judging the quality of posts its highly unlikely the tosh you spout will ever be regarded as class. So gies peace.

Benji is and has been awful during most of his time at Hibs with one two decent games thrown in.

HIBERNIAN 1875
09-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the cup final Benji, always remember you for that :thumbsup:

seanraff07
09-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Cheers for the good times Benji, 18/03/07.:agree:

snooky
Yogi was asked after game if that was benji s last game as he was upset when he came off the park,NO was the reply.:bye:

Maybe Benji was told he's staying :dunno: - tears of joy?

offshorehibby
While i like Benji, 4 goal a season is not what we need. A lot of dead wood needs to be cleared to bring in better players. I'm afraid Benji will be one of these players.

Betty Boop
09-05-2010, 05:26 PM
All the best to you Benji son, hope you are still here next season! Love ya :love ya!:

KeithTheHibby
09-05-2010, 05:33 PM
While i like Benji, 4 goal a season is not what we need. A lot of dead wood needs to be cleared to bring in better players. I'm afraid Benji will be one of these players.

It's not a great return admittedly however I believe Benji has made something like 28 appearances from the bench?

We need 4 strikers at the club, give me Benji as 4th choice any day of the week.

--------
09-05-2010, 05:41 PM
It's not a great return admittedly however I believe Benji has made something like 28 appearances from the bench?

We need 4 strikers at the club, give me Benji as 4th choice any day of the week.

:agree: As you say, we need 4 strikers. The question is whether we can replace Benji with a player as gifted for the same money as it would take to keep him.

The other question is whether someone may come in with a realistic offer for one of our other strikers - in which case, Benji might very well find himself starting games on a regular basis.

If he's been turning up on time for training, attending at the stadium on match-days, and doing whatever the manager requires him to do he can't be accused of being a wage-thief.

The season's been over how long - three hours? It's been a better day than we've had for a while now. Let's not spoil it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
If he goes I really hope that he does not take Zemamma with him. I am sure that he is a nice guy and everything, but in reality he has not done enough to justify a new deal. Add to that, I would settle for eleven ****s in the first team if they could keep the ball down, pass and win games.

eastmainsmsh
09-05-2010, 06:44 PM
For a young lad uprooted from morrocco leaving his family and friends to a new country must have been very difficult for benji imo he is a great prospect and still is .. i know he went to belgium but we all do daft things when we are young ... reckon his agents are/were wrongly advising him ... and when he posed signing for al ahly or zalamek ? was publicity stunt by his agent again ... he came back made his peace and i genuinly reckon he loves hibs and wants to stay i hope so :thumbsup:

since90plustwo
09-05-2010, 07:22 PM
hope he moves on, hes not been great this season. but wish him all te best and thanks for the memories.

Arch Stanton
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Class player - mediocre managers - all the best to him.

Argylehibby
09-05-2010, 07:41 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

green.and.white
09-05-2010, 07:49 PM
probably tears of joy at finally getting a win bonus

:faf::faf::top marks

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 08:15 PM
All the best Benji. Thanks for the goals in the cup final and the derby winning celebration.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Really hope he stays tbh.

Leithenhibby
09-05-2010, 09:32 PM
As yet, He is still a Hibs player :wink: and I for one hope we keep him..:cool2:

Felt for him today though, he was well upset...:notworthy:

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2010, 09:37 PM
If he goes I really hope that he does not take Zemamma with him
. I am sure that he is a nice guy and everything, but in reality he has not done enough to justify a new deal. Add to that, I would settle for eleven ****s in the first team if they could keep the ball down, pass and win games.

Are you related to the Hibs medical team and want to ensure that they are in a job next season.

Zemamma is a cracking wee player. But then an eclipse of the sun is a magnificent sight too and unfortunately they both appear about as often as each other.

:bitchy:

Didnt mean to quote you twice. Dont know what I did there

Perspective
09-05-2010, 09:39 PM

Joke of a post.

Young guy in a far off country who had to deal with all sorts of off-field stuff and a manager in Mixu who, sadly, wasn't able to help him through it.

Anyone who has ever met him will know how much he appreciates all that Hibs have done for him. And anyone who was at the game today and saw him afterwards would know that 'wage thief' is not somethingyou can throw at him.

Other than trying to find a new club when he was told he could, I don't see what he's done to merit this image many have of him. As far as I'm aware he's shown nothing other than total commitment on and off the pitch this season.

Good luck, Benji.

Toaods
09-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Anyone consider the possibility that perhaps Benji has decided his future lies elsewhere?

He is an International player who plays in a foreign land...he'll get a club no bother.

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2010, 09:46 PM

A wee bit strong meethinks.

lucky
10-05-2010, 12:05 AM
[/B]

A wee bit strong meethinks.

possibly a bit strong but he is not the quality footballer some on here would have us believe.

RMG_82
10-05-2010, 12:25 AM
I feel sorry for Benji. When John Collins was here he spoke french to Benji which helped him with communcation problems. John Hughes doesnt even speak english so what chance has he got :wink:

Wilson
10-05-2010, 07:44 AM

The money spent on his wages could certainly be used more wisely. We don't have enough of a budget to be carrying any passengers.

He simply hasn't done enough over his Hibs career to warrant any more time and money being spent on him.

We'll always have the cup final to look back on but that is it.

Thanks Benji but it is time to move on.