PDA

View Full Version : To all the people...(merged)

California-Hibs
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Who laughed and kept saying things like ''4th???? no chance? what a laugh, i cant believe stupid fans STILL think we can finish 4th, the seasons done!'' etc
GET IT UP YOU! :agree:
Sorry but when a team goes through a terrible period the club need all the support they can get to turn it around. Some of the things thats been posted on this Messageboard have been nothing short of embarrassing.
Has the last 3 odd months been bad following Hibs? Course it has, we've failed time and time again in matches. The last 3 games however, has proved that we CAN play football, and that we CAN achieve success!
Weve now finished the season, and we're in 4th spot, two places higher than our local rivals, and we'll be playing European football next season. Its as simple as that, THAT IS a successful season for us, its the goal at the start of every season, to finish above the jambos and to get into Europe, mission accomplished!
Its our best finish in 5 years, and reguardless of that you read about how people want to cancel season tickets, call John Hughes a this that and the other, its cringworthy stuff!
Well done John Hughes on your first ELEVEN months in the job, i look forward to next season when you get rid of a few and bring a few new boys in, along the like of Stokes and Miller.
Once again C'MON John Hughes! I for one still believe in your vision for the club! :thumbsup:

MSK
09-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Aye ..yer aw bad ...thats ye telt ok ..:tsk tsk:

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 02:54 PM
ma humble apologies to you sir. :rolleyes:

hibiedude
09-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Who laughed and kept saying things like ''4th???? no chance? what a laugh, i cant believe stupid fans STILL think we can finish 4th, the seasons done!'' etc
Sorry but when a team goes through a terrible period the club need all the support they can get to turn it around. Some of the things thats been posted on this Messageboard have been nothing short of embarrassing.
Has the last 3 odd months been bad following Hibs? Course it has, we've failed time and time again in matches. The last 3 games however, has proved that we CAN play football, and that we CAN achieve success!
Weve now finished the season, and we're in 4th spot, two places higher than our local rivals, and we'll be playing European football next season. Its as simple as that, THAT IS a successful season for us, its the goal at the start of every season, to finish above the jambos and to get into Europe, mission accomplished!
Its our best finish in 5 years, and reguardless of that you read about how people want to cancel season tickets, call John Hughes a this that and the other, its cringworthy stuff!
Well done John Hughes on your first ELEVEN months in the job, i look forward to next season when you get rid of a few and bring a few new boys in, along the like of Stokes and Miller.
Once again C'MON John Hughes! I for one still believe in your vision for the club! :thumbsup:

Put the medication away FFS :faf:

GlesgaeHibby
09-05-2010, 02:57 PM

I'm over the moon that we won today, and delighted to be in Europe at last. If 4th place had been offered at the season start I'd have taken it.

You can see though why people were upset. 3 wins in our last 18 games (I think?) is abysmal form. If Motherwell had finished above us we'd be pretty annoyed.

However, we've finished 4th, have a new stand coming and European football to look forward to. Gotta take the positives in that :notworthy:

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm over the moon that we won today, and delighted to be in Europe at last. If 4th place had been offered at the season start I'd have taken it.

You can see though why people were upset. 3 wins in our last 18 games (I think?) is abysmal form. If Motherwell had finished above us we'd be pretty annoyed.

However, we've finished 4th, have a new stand coming and European football to look forward to. Gotta take the positives in that :notworthy:

:agree::agree:

Whos-the-poster
09-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Well said son :agree:

California-Hibs
09-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I didnt really want this thread to be a total get it right up ye thread, but c'mon, has it been a success or have we failed?
If someone had offered us 4th place at the start of the season we would have taken it, as i said its our highest place finish in 5 years!
Yet when going into this game today knowing we still had a chance of 4th, people had turned on the team. Moaning at this that and everything, and focusing on all the negatives. I honestly believe that there was some fans who wanted Motherwell to finish 4th instead of us by some stuff i was reading!
The club need our support through-out the WHOLE season, not just when we're doing well!

KWJ
09-05-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not going to gloat (he says gloatingly) as I realise loads will still be wanting Yogi out however had the mob got their wish and we'd punted yogi after the Well game or at some point he lost a large percentage of the fans (on here at least) we may not have had the stability to get over the line as we have just now. Certainly if we punted him on Wednesday night.

In Yogi I turst :agree:

Iain G
09-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I didnt really want this thread to be a total get it right up ye thread

Then perhaps putting "GET IT UP YOU" in capital letters wasn't a good start if thats not the way you wanted it to go!

Can we not just be happy we won and in Europe and the season over instead of trying to wind each other up by adopting holier than thou attitudes towards each other :confused:

BullbreedHFC
09-05-2010, 03:07 PM
well done to the hibs team & staff for getting 4th place and qualifying for europe :thumbsup: GGTTH

KWJ
09-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Then perhaps putting "GET IT UP YOU" in capital letters wasn't a good start if thats not the way you wanted it to go!

Can we not just be happy we won and in Europe and the season over instead of trying to wind each other up by adopting holier than thou attitudes towards each other :confused:

I agree but it is very tempting having endured so much of the complete pish and negative anger written on here over the past 2 months.

snooky
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM

:agree:
IMO, that's worse than slagging the team when they play consistently bad. No need really.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 03:14 PM
I agree but it is very tempting having endured so much of the complete pish and negative anger written on here over the past 2 months.

It's called having another point of view.
In the end we all want Hibs to do well and grow as a club we don't all have to agree on how we get there though:agree:.

MacBean
cant be coming on having a go on a day like this, we're in Europe we finished fourth. we have had a Succesful campaign, allbeit a slip in form (or should that be jump from top of a building)

who cares if they said it wouldnt happen let them eat thier words, but more importantly let every hibee be happy and celebrate getting into Europe and get behind the team AND MANAGER for next season

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
:flag::flag::flag:
:partyhibb :partyhibb

bighairyfaeleith

aw aren't you cute :greengrin

The Harp
09-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I'd prefer to concentrate on the fans who made the journey to Dundee for the game. Commenator described it as a sizeable travelling support. Well done guys! Glad you were rewarded wi' a win.:thumbsup:

Iain G
09-05-2010, 03:16 PM

Fine, write it, read it back to yourself, feel a bit smug, then delete it and join in with the celebrations that we got there in the end in true Hibs fashion, making it as hard for ourselves as possible :agree:

dawn
09-05-2010, 03:17 PM
There where a lot of angry people venting their frustration here last week, thats the nature of the beast, but lots of us did that without the use of abusive language towards Hughs or the team.

There is even less reason to come on here and be insulting or patronising to fellow Hibbys, today is our day to enjoy, as one!:thumbsup:

RoYO!
09-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Think that ultimately there's a fair number of fans that seem to take some perverse pleasure in hibs doing badly. And letting everyone know about it.

These are the same people that prob won't be posting on here for a while, until the next dip.

KWJ
09-05-2010, 03:20 PM
It's called having another point of view.
In the end we all want Hibs to do well and grow as a club we don't all have to agree on how we get there though:agree:.

My view on the view that we'd be cast away at the bottom of the table by next christmas was that it was pish :wink:

California-Hibs
09-05-2010, 03:21 PM

I'll admit it, i couldnt resist! :greengrin

California-Hibs
09-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Think that ultimately there's a fair number of fans that seem to take some perverse pleasure in hibs doing badly. And letting everyone know about it.

These are the same people that prob won't be posting on here for a while, until the next dip.

KWJ
09-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Fine, write it, read it back to yourself, feel a bit smug, then delete it and join in with the celebrations that we got there in the end in true Hibs fashion, making it as hard for ourselves as possible :agree:

I'm not sure if the shoe was on the other foot everyone would be the same. I'm not quite sure how that'd work though to be fair :greengrin

It's happy banter from my point of view to enjoy in a small portion with the rest of the celebrations which should be large and merry :hnet:

Relieved and happy hibbie.

MSK
09-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure if the shoe was on the other foot everyone would be the same. I'm not quite sure how that'd work though to be fair :greengrin

It's happy banter from my point of view to enjoy in a small portion with the rest of the celebrations which should be large and merry :hnet:

Relieved and happy hibbie.Better believe i am ...:thumbsup:

Removed
09-05-2010, 03:27 PM

:agree: That's what I did

Goan yersel HH1875 and GIRUY ya bunch of negative phannies. You know who you are :-)

zlatan
09-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, on a rare happy day for Hibs fans this year let's take try and divide them with a stupid post to antagonise the more pessimistic half. Go you.

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 03:28 PM
I was just gobsmacked the amount of Hibs fans saying we had NO CHANCE of getting 4th after the 6-6 game, Course we had a ***** chance.

Well done John Hughes and the team for an excellent away victory.

Its sweet, very sweet.

Hainan Hibs
09-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I didnt really want this thread to be a total get it right up ye thread, but c'mon, has it been a success or have we failed?
If someone had offered us 4th place at the start of the season we would have taken it, as i said its our highest place finish in 5 years!
Yet when going into this game today knowing we still had a chance of 4th, people had turned on the team. Moaning at this that and everything, and focusing on all the negatives. I honestly believe that there was some fans who wanted Motherwell to finish 4th instead of us by some stuff i was reading!
The club need our support through-out the WHOLE season, not just when we're doing well!

:faf::faf:

basehibby
09-05-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm aware that people were frustrated and that there was ample cause for concern - but I can't help joining the OP in delivering a cheeky wee GIRFUY to all those who boldly predicted Hibs would lose all their last 5 fixtures and finish 6th.

I predicted that Hibs would need 4 points to finish 4th and would get them - and that's exactly what happened - so excuse me while I imerse myself in a barrel of smugness.

All in the best possible taste of course :thumbsup:

ehf
09-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I didn't post after the Fir Park Fiasco because I had a feeling we would still somehow sneak 4th place and of course we're all delighted that we did. But...it's still been a disappointing season overall. We could have achieved so much more and, although it's our best finishing position for five seasons, there were very few actual "highs": no wins against the Yams, only one against the OF (when Celtic were in crisis themselves), out of both cups at the first real hurdle. Looking back, I think the high point of the season for me was the 5-1 win against Hamilton, which must speak volumes...

KWJ
09-05-2010, 03:43 PM
I didn't post after the Fir Park Fiasco because I had a feeling we would still somehow sneak 4th place and of course we're all delighted that we did. But...it's still been a disappointing season overall. We could have achieved so much more and, although it's our best finishing position for five seasons, there were very few actual "highs": no wins against the Yams, only one against the OF (when Celtic were in crisis themselves), out of both cups at the first real hurdle. Looking back, I think the high point of the season for me was the 5-1 win against Hamilton, which must speak volumes...

Probably be the unbeaten run for me.

Always next season to take care of the Yams bud :agree:

Providing they're stilll about.

The Green Goblin
09-05-2010, 03:50 PM
2 days ago, this board was in meltdown - the Hibs Apocalypse had arrived, (yet again).

"Throw Hughes to the dogs" was the cry! "The players too!"
"I`m not going back to ER"
"Nish - wtf?"
"I`ve had enough"
"The players are bottlers"

today....

"Congratulations Hibs"
"Yogi - Hibs legend"
"4th place"
"Well done Colin Nish"
"Europe, here we come!"

It`s a funny old world at times, and never more so on this message board. :greengrin

GG

col02
09-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Hypocrite.net more like with its ghoulish supporters that revel in misery!

Nakedmanoncrack
09-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Agreed, a disappointing season overall, total absence of a challenge from both Hearts and Aberdeen made getting top four much more achievable, only having to compete with provincial clubs for 3rd and 4th places is a situation we can't really expect to face regularly. That said fourth is a respectable finish when viewed against our woeful lack of success over the years.

MacBean
09-05-2010, 03:55 PM
2 days ago, this board was in meltdown - the Hibs Apocalypse had arrived, (yet again).

"Nish - wtf?"
"I`ve had enough"

today....

"Congratulations Hibs"
"Yogi - Hibs legend"
"4th place"
"Well done Colin Nish"
"Europe, here we come!"

It`s a funny old world at times, and never more so on this message board. :greengrin

GG
:top marks:top marks

bingo70
09-05-2010, 03:56 PM

"Nish - wtf?"
"I`ve had enough"

today....

"Congratulations Hibs"
"Yogi - Hibs legend"
"4th place"
"Well done Colin Nish"
"Europe, here we come!"

GG

Thats whats annoyed me this season, not that people wanted rid of him, i started to have a few of those thoughts myself, was just the fact people were getting so hysterical either in victory or defeat.

I bet a lot of the same people that were talking about us winning the league or finishing above celtic, which was never going to happen, were the first people that wanted Yogi sacked after a few bad results.

tamig
09-05-2010, 03:57 PM

Indeed :agree:

Some of the pish spouted on here lately has been way OTT.

SlickShoes
Welcome to the internet

Ritchie
I still believe we are not good enough!

Think next season will be a long one and Europe will be a farce!

Not a doom and gloom type of guy! Just a realist!

I would love to be proved wrong though!

Viva_Palmeiras
09-05-2010, 03:58 PM

And thats just the undercover Yams

Ritchie
09-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Indeed :agree:

Some of the pish spouted on here lately has been way OTT.

why?? What exactly has any hibee had to be happy about recently??

Kevvy1875
09-05-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.politicsforum.org/images/flame_warriors/drunk.jpg

Its the bevvy I tell you....few glasses of the strong stuff and the Net is the perfect place to have a rant:greengrin

bingo70
09-05-2010, 04:01 PM

because people have been wanting the manager sacked when he was on the verge of taking us in to europe, something we've not done a lot of in the last 20 years

Removed
09-05-2010, 04:02 PM
And thats just the undercover Yams

Not just yams

Hibby 2005
09-05-2010, 04:27 PM
It's all about expectations, they were raised then dashed, it's the Hibs way.

alfieboi75
09-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Have to admit after Wednesday's game against Motherwell, thought Hibs had no chance.

I'm glad Hibs have finished in fouth place, but really wanted a higher place finishing. Yogi has experience his first year as Hibs manager, and taking alot of flak from us supporters. I can only happy next year, plus good signings during summer, we shall giving the Old Firm a major challange as well as defeating Hearts every time we play them next year!!!

Bring it on!!!

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 06:03 PM

And so do I. :thumbsup:.

HibeeMcGinn1
09-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Get it up yiz

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm surprised more folk haven't been on here to point this out. :greengrin

Where were you all last week?

Dalkeith Hibee
09-05-2010, 06:11 PM
One win doesnt make up for the fact we have been pish for months.

Sorry but still not the man for me

col02
09-05-2010, 06:13 PM

And conversely being poor for a few months does not make a bad season when you achieve European qualification at the end of the season. :wink: Glass half empty or half full? Easy choice for me with regards to Hibs.

houston1875
09-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Get it up yiz

agree!!!!

SalfordHibs GIFRUY

5 in 2 good times!!!!

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:14 PM

2 1/2 months out of a 10 month season.

Dalkeith Hibee
09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
We were hardly great in the first half of the season too, got the rub of the green a lot.

Its great to get europe I agree but considering we had the worst run of form since we got relegated doesnt really fill me with optimism going forward.

We were lucky that we picked up so many good results before xmas.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
We were hardly great in the first half of the season too, got the rub of the green a lot.

Its great to get europe I agree but considering we had the worst run of form since we got relegated doesnt really fill me with optimism going forward.

So we were lucky when winning - were we unlucky after 14 Feb (not xmas)?

Ed De Gramo
09-05-2010, 06:20 PM
agree!!!!

SalfordHibs GIFRUY

5 in 2 good times!!!!

:top marks:top marks:top marks

MSK
09-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Get it up yizAnother of these threads ..dont be surprised to see this merged ..:yawn:

HibeeMcGinn1

Dry your eyes

MSK
Dry your eyesGie it a rest ..

noz
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Get it up yiz

calm down man, Hughes is still tactically naive, we only got a result today cos they werent fully committed. Get real!

As for Nish, still pish....not good enough. If you think hes good, you dont know football.

On the plus side, weve finished fourth, so a slight improvement on last year.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
TBH happy as i am about qualifying for Europe there is a huge job to be done over the summer to get the team in order for a European campaign

We have been pretty poor since Christmas, give or take a few games and there is a lot of dead wood needing cleared out from the squad. The manager also has to look at some of his tactics and decisions and work on having a plan B when it's not going to plan.

I said a few weeks ago that Yogi deserved the summer and until at least Christmas to sort things out and get us back on track. I still think that's the way to go. Give him a chance to bring in a few players over the summer, have a crack at Europe and see how we start off in the league. If it goes to plan then great, if not then the time might be right to change things. I hope it goes well as for all his faults i do believe Yogi has the clubs best interests at heart.

Oh and i always defended Nish so no comment regarding him..

tamig
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM

As I've said on other threads we've been in worse positions than this over the years. Constant sackings of managers does nothing for stability imo. The last few months have been shocking but let's see what happens over the summer and take it from there. If the run continues - today's result excepted - we can look at the position then. My hope is that we get some good signings in and move forward and upwards. :agree:

HibeeMcGinn1
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM
calm down man, Hughes is still tactically naive, we only got a result today cos they werent fully committed. Get real!

As for Nish, still pish....not good enough. If you think hes good, you dont know football.

Listen to yourself spout pish

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 06:43 PM
So we were lucky when winning - were we unlucky after 14 Feb (not xmas)?

Even your demigod Yogi says we were lucky.
The difference in the second half of the season was that we were well beaten and not unlucky to lose.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Even your demigod Yogi says we were lucky.
The difference in the second half of the season was that we were well beaten and not unlucky to lose.

We lost quite a few games by a narrow margin. Very unlucky. :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
09-05-2010, 06:55 PM

9th highest SPL top scorer. But ok, whatever you say:dummytit:

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 06:55 PM
We lost quite a few games by a narrow margin. Very unlucky. :agree:

Not just the margin, but the manner.
Well beaten, not unlucky.

Alfred E Newman
09-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Agree. We were unlucky to be knocked out the League Cup by St Johnstone, very unlucky to be knocked out the Scottish cup by Ross County , unlucky to pick up only 2 points out of 12 from the Hearts. Unlucky to lose 5 to St Johnstone and 4 to Hamilton and very unlucky to throw away a 6-2 lead on Wenesday.
But we were lucky to finish 4th.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Not just the margin, but the manner.
Well beaten, not unlucky.

All you're doing is proving that no matter what you'll not be happy. Lucky when we win, rubbish when we lose.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:01 PM
All you're doing is proving that no matter what you'll not be happy. Lucky when we win, rubbish when we lose.

As I said even Yogi thinks so, not just me.

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2010, 07:04 PM
We were poor for most of the season. Earlier on we rode our luck, but from Feb onwards we collapsed in the most dramatic manner. I think we improved greatly post-split, and the problem, until today, wasn't really in the performances, but that we'd simply forgotten how to win.

Yet we still got 4th place and qualified for Europe. The opposition was frankly garbage, but I think the real reason we did this was due to stature of the club. We've been well managed off the field for the last 5-10 years and now people expect to see the premium on the pitch.

Let's face it, if we can have such a nightmare season and still qualify for Europe, in augers well.

Next year, Yogi will be a wiser and do what needs to be done with the squad.

We will have a new stand, completing the best stadium in Scotland, outside Ibrox.

Our rivals will be struggling with debt and operating in reduced circumstances.

We have every reason to believe that we'll be a lot stronger.

Let's put away the glum faces for a while and enjoy the, not giant but substantial, strides our club has taken this season.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 07:06 PM
As I said even Yogi thinks so, not just me.

He said we were lucky when we won and rubbish when we lost? Incredible.

snooky
09-05-2010, 07:07 PM
We were poor for most of the season. Earlier on we rode our luck, but from Feb onwards we collapsed in the most dramatic manner. I think we improved greatly post-split, and the problem, until today, wasn't really in the performances, but that we'd simply forgotten how to win.

Yet we still got 4th place and qualified for Europe. The opposition was frankly garbage, but I think the real reason we did this was due to stature of the club. We've been well managed off the field for the last 5-10 years and now people expect to see the premium on the pitch.

Let's face it, if we can have such a nightmare season and still qualify for Europe, in augers well.

We will have a new stand, completing the best stadium in Scotland, outside Ibrox.

Let's put away the glum faces for a while and enjoy the, not giant but substantial, strides our club has taken this season.

Our season summed up well, DBS - in a nutshell :top marks

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:38 PM
He said we were lucky when we won and rubbish when we lost? Incredible.

He said we were lucky to win many of the matches in the first half of the season, yes!
Even Nish said so yesterday.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 07:41 PM
He said we were lucky to win many of the matches in the first half of the season, yes!
Even Nish said so yesterday.

Did he say we were unlucky to lose so many matches in the 2nd half* of the season? You got a link to the interview?

* technically it's not the 2nd half more like the 3rd third of the season.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Did he say we were unlucky to lose so many matches in the 2nd half* of the season? You got a link to the interview?

* technically it's not the 2nd half more like the 3rd third of the season.

No I have no link (no jokes about link and missing please:greengrin), but he did say it, i'm pretty sure there are many on here (even those who disagree with me mostly) who will back me up. Nish was in the papers yesterday saying so.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 07:51 PM
No I have no link (no jokes about link and missing please:greengrin), but he did say it, i'm pretty sure there are many on here (even those who disagree with me mostly) who will back me up. Nish was in the papers yesterday saying so.

I'm not doubting it was said I was just wanting to see/hear the context it was said in.

SloopJB
09-05-2010, 08:25 PM
In hindsight I think we will beat Dundee United 2 - 0 today and the Rangers Motherwell game will end in a 3 - 3 draw.

That was easy

SalfordHibs
09-05-2010, 08:35 PM
agree!!!!

SalfordHibs GIFRUY

5 in 2 good times!!!!

Well done Hibs i couldn't see it happening but it has http://www.hibs.net/message/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

To all the posters i said we couldn't do it, you were right i am big enough to admit it i was wrong :notworthy:

Now get the beach balls to the ready...

BEEJ
09-05-2010, 09:20 PM
First of all, well done to the team and management today for a solid, professional performance and result.

And special congratulations to Colin Nish for such a positive reaction to last week's indiscretion. :thumbsup:

:top marks

Yeah, on a rare happy day for Hibs fans this year let's take try and divide them with a stupid post to antagonise the more pessimistic half. Go you.
:agree: You know, the first post on this thread could be just as Yammish as the intensely negative type that have been all too common on here of late. Designed to get Hibs supporters at one another's throats.

But this type somehow seems more virtuous, so you'll never be branded a Yam for this type of thread. Safe territory.

If the OP wants to send a message to all our silent, lurking Yam onlookers then fair enough. Save the wind ups for where they're most deserved and word them appropriately.

Great post, particularly the last paragraph.

:flag:

GGTTH

Aubenas
09-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Pal of mine met Chipper in Bathgate when we were pushing for second and, naturally, was all over him. Rice was very matter of fact: You've no idea how big a job we've got to do. Management knew we weren't the finished article even when we were dancing in the streets. We DID ride our luck in the successful part of the season, and that paid dividends when we were still able to finish fourth.
A good season, with a good position, Europe, and something to build on.
Can't believe there are still folk moaning. What they say and what has happened bear no relation to each other.

If we'd gathered our points the other way round folk would still be dancing at our superb finish to the season.

After Mixu, 4th and Europe would have been more than success. And we did it.:agree::greengrin:thumbsup:

sesoim
09-05-2010, 11:34 PM
We won today, we've finished 4th (where we should finish given Hughes has the 4th biggest budget in the SPL), so on paper I can't argue that we have been successful. But anybody who thinks Hughes has done a great job is kidding themselves. Plenty of other managers would have gotten us 3rd place this season.

We just made 4th ahead of Motherwell - were they able to sign £5k a week players like Miller or Stokes? I wish Hibs all the best for next season, but if we do well it wont have anything to do with Hughes and his ability to build/arrange a team.

Dunbar Hibee
10-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Instead of this 'GIRFUY' pish to other fellow Hibees can we not just enjoy this success together? I'll admit after the 6-6 game I wrote us off and said there was no chance of us getting 4th, as did a lot of others. But I can safely say myself and these other posters are very glad to be proved wrong:thumbsup: Mon the Hibees:notworthy:

monktonharp
10-05-2010, 01:03 AM

name and shame

rainman
10-05-2010, 01:20 AM
We won today, we've finished 4th (where we should finish given Hughes has the 4th biggest budget in the SPL), so on paper I can't argue that we have been successful. But anybody who thinks Hughes has done a great job is kidding themselves. Plenty of other managers would have gotten us 3rd place this season.

We just made 4th ahead of Motherwell - were they able to sign £5k a week players like Miller or Stokes? I wish Hibs all the best for next season, but if we do well it wont have anything to do with Hughes and his ability to build/arrange a team.

Plenty of other managers?

Like who?

Mixu? JC? Paw Broon? Calderwood? Gannon? McGhee?

You can't say for sure but I wouldn't have any of the other guys that have been doing the rounds in the managerial roundabout this year.

This has ended as a good first season for Yogi. A terrible dip after Christmas but tell me the last Hibs team that didn't have that.

KWJ
10-05-2010, 02:16 AM

his budget of.around.-£3M.aye:confused:

matty_f
10-05-2010, 07:17 AM

Motherwell had a couple of players on loan from Everton, who will be on more than £5k a week, IMHO.

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2010, 07:25 AM

Aye theres some pi5h been spouted right enough, weve been pish for 3-4 months and suddenly everythings rosey in the garden, MA ERSE, well done the Hibs, our place in Europe and the fact we scored a barrowload of goals this season are about the only plus points for me, and as for folk giving it the big GIRFUY to folk who have been pointing out how bad we really have been, *** you all.
We have a big rebuilding to do closed season and for the ones giving it the big GIRFUY I hope for you this thread doesnae come back and bite you on the er5es, 6 games into the new season.
Atleast I can dust doon the passport and get ready for atleast 1 European adventure.

TornadoHibby
10-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Pal of mine met Chipper in Bathgate when we were pushing for second and, naturally, was all over him. Rice was very matter of fact: You've no idea how big a job we've got to do. Management knew we weren't the finished article even when we were dancing in the streets. We DID ride our luck in the successful part of the season, and that paid dividends when we were still able to finish fourth.
A good season, with a good position, Europe, and something to build on.
Can't believe there are still folk moaning. What they say and what has happened bear no relation to each other.

If we'd gathered our points the other way round folk would still be dancing at our superb finish to the season.

After Mixu, 4th and Europe would have been more than success. And we did it.:agree::greengrin:thumbsup:

Aye theres some pi5h been spouted right enough, weve been pish for 3-4 months and suddenly everythings rosey in the garden, MA ERSE, well done the Hibs, our place in Europe and the fact we scored a barrowload of goals this season are about the only plus points for me, and as for folk giving it the big GIRFUY to folk who have been pointing out how bad we really have been, *** you all.
We have a big rebuilding to do closed season and for the ones giving it the big GIRFUY I hope for you this thread doesnae come back and bite you on the er5es, 6 games into the new season.
Atleast I can dust doon the passport and get ready for atleast 1 European adventure.

I think that these two posts sum up what has been at the heart (sic) of most of the "debates" on here for the last few months, certainly since January! :agree:

Whilst it is indeed great that we did finish 4th in the SPL and have secured a Europa League qualifier position as a result, we must not lose sight of the fact that there are some splendid teams from other countries in there too (just look at the EPL teams alone for quality etc) and, if this is to be a meaningful experience for Hibs, then we really do need to get quality into the team in each of the problem positions that have been discussed on here almost until boredom set in! :agree:

We need a serious work ethic instilled in every player such that we will see strikers defending in our own half and full backs getting into the opposition final third when we are attacking to offer another option should the circumstances demand such! :agree:

We need players to be self motivated, committed to being as good (including match and generally fit) as they possibly can be, to show desire and will to win, and to fight for every ball as if the match result might depend upon winning the 50/50 challenge rather than hoping someone else will deal with it rather than them! :agree:

If we can achieve these things before next season starts then we can all look forward to decent improvement next season over this season which, whilst better than last, seems almost to have been disappointing as the business end of the season has given us 3 wins in 17 games IIRC which, had the league started in January, would have had us fighting relegation potentially! :cool2:

Anyhow, season over and let's look forward to Yogi and his team getting things improved for the start of next season! :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2010, 08:06 AM

threads like this are cringeworthy :agree: could so easily have turned out the wrong way for us yesterday.

Sandy
10-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Well done Hibs i couldn't see it happening but it has http://www.hibs.net/message/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

To all the posters i said we couldn't do it, you were right i am big enough to admit it i was wrong :notworthy:

Well done to you mate for coming on here and posting that. Some of the hysteria on this board during both our good and bad spells smacks of infantile behaviour, and/or an inability to be able to 'SUPPORT' a team. I have seen us be mainly gash for over 30 years, I celebrate when we achieve something tangible, likewise I moan after we have failed, but I generally wait until after the event to do either. Now I don't mind people having a go after pish results, or saying we are good after a few wins, but the scale of emotions from some on .net after said events is unbelievable.Oh aye Europe here we come :flag::flag::flag::flag:

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2010, 09:42 AM

Aye, get it up you as well. I hope you are just as full of yourself in 20 years time.

Bad Martini
10-05-2010, 11:15 AM

Pretty much sums it up. :agree:

Sitting pretty, easy street up there in the league....we got Europe just.

Sitting pretty, Ross County with HOW long to go?...****ed it up.

Sitting pretty, 6-2 up...you know the score.

We'll take the positives, we'll take our league position and we'll take Europe.....we just could've done it a bit easier, and that's the point many folk are making.

That's not to say any of us would go so far as to be unhappy at a Hibs success, any kind of success, REGARDLESS of how we get that success!!!

GLORY GLORY....

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Purehibee_MYB
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
threads like this are cringeworthy :agree: could so easily have turned out the wrong way for us yesterday.

Could have, but didn't... so we should just be happy that we are in Europe, and that it has been a successful season...instead of saying we were lucky, because we weren't really, we had a great first half of the season, and if it had spread out opposed to just at the first half of the season, no one would be saying it was lucky

Bring on the European adventure
:notworthy:

Brizo
10-05-2010, 12:10 PM
No need at all for the OPs GIRUY nonsense. Save your hostility for the Jambos and the OF , not your fellow Hibbies.

Its been a season of two extremes , first half of the season great , second pish. Weve scraped 4th by a baw hair and turned what in January seemed like a given into one almighty last minute stumble over the finish line. Those extremes polarised opinion and I agree with purehibee that if good and bad results been more evenly spread out over the season noone would say we were lucky.

4th is where imo we deserve to be , below the OF and Arabs , but better than the rest. It doesnt however mean that we can pretend that the second 1/2 of the season slump never happened and going into next season greater consistency (that rarest of Hibs traits) must be Yogis target.

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Roll on Europe and hopefully more positive vibes, from one and all.

basehibby
10-05-2010, 01:32 PM

:top marks:notworthy:

basehibby
10-05-2010, 01:34 PM

:blah: :na na:

basehibby
10-05-2010, 01:41 PM

Don't think you're taking my GIRFUY quite in the spirit intended - nomatter - we all could see there was problems, but for anyone giving up the ghost pre-split this thread is exactly what you deserve for your lack of faith IMHO.

Still, what's done's done - looking forward to seeing one and all back at ER next season for our European adventure. :notworthy: