PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell cheats.

Jim44
09-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Apparently Motherwell got their late penalty equaliser after a clear dive. Alexander refused to shake hands with the player after the game. It's very satisfying to se Pa Broon come so close yet so far and, although it would be nice to see Motherwell pipped at the post after a Ross County win at Hampden, I believe it's in our interests for D Utd to win the cup.

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Apparently Motherwell got their late penalty equaliser after a clear dive. Alexander refused to shake hands with the player after the game. It's very satisfying to se Pa Broon come so close yet so far and, although it would be nice to see Motherwell pipped at the post after a Ross County win at Hampden, I believe it's in our interests for D Utd to win the cup.

Why is that?

I'd love to see Ross County going on to lift it now!

Keith_M
09-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Why is that?

For the round that Hibs enter the Europa League.

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Why is that?

If Ross County win the Cup, Hibs will have to enter a round earlier, if United win the Cup Motherwell enter at the early round.

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 02:41 PM
If Ross County win the Cup, Hibs will have to enter a round earlier, if United win the Cup Motherwell enter at the early round.

Alright, cheers for that.

Didn't realize it would work out that way.

KWJ
09-05-2010, 02:45 PM
he dived but he had to jump over Alexander. Reckon it was a penalty personally, he could easily have just fallen over him.

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
he dived but he had to jump over Alexander. Reckon it was a penalty personally, he could easily have just fallen over him.

Was he heading towards goal?

If so, then I can't understand for the life of me why players don't just stay on their feet and finish the job.

Gerrintaethem
09-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Cracking dive :greengrin

KWJ
09-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Was he heading towards goal?

If so, then I can't understand for the life of me why players don't just stay on their feet and finish the job.

nope had taken it wide from goal but away from the keeper, he'd have gotten to it though and Alexander definetly got in his way. He's moaning that he didn't make contact but that's because the boy hurdled him.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Dundee Utd win the cup;

Dundee Utd-Play-off round
Hibs-3rd qualifying round
Motherwell-2nd qualifying round

Ross County win the cup;

Ross County-Play-off round
Dundee Utd-3rd qualifying round
Hibs-2nd qualifying round

The 2nd qualifying round 1st leg is 15th July and the 3rd qualifying round 1st leg is 29th July.

If we started in the 3rd qualifying round, we would only need to negotiate two ties before getting into the group stages.

HiBremian
09-05-2010, 02:56 PM

Does that mean Ross County would enter as cup winners in 3rd Qual round instead of us?:confused:

KWJ
09-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Does that mean Ross County would enter as cup winners in 3rd Qual round instead of us?:confused:

no, they'd enter play offs. Arabs would be 3rd round and us 2nd.

Scottish Cup Winners
3rd in league
4th in league

that's the order it's done in.

HiBremian
09-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Dundee Utd win the cup;

Ross County win the cup;

The 2nd qualifying round 1st leg is 15th July and the 3rd qualifying round 1st leg is 29th July.

If we started in the 3rd qualifying round, we would only need to negotiate two ties before getting into the group stages.

Thanks FalkirkHibee. Just seems weird Ross County entering Europa Leaugue as our "best" team:dummytit:

KWJ
09-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Dundee Utd win the cup;

Ross County win the cup;

Optimism's great huh :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 02:58 PM

The cup winner automatically enters the play off round.

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 05:36 PM
So therfore we will need Dundee United to win the Scottish Cup to have a decent chance of reaching the group stages.

jgl07
09-05-2010, 05:40 PM
The cup winner automatically enters the play off round.
Not if it's Portsmouth!

Dunkin' Donut
09-05-2010, 08:27 PM

he dived but you reckon it was a pen wtf :confused:

Diclonius
09-05-2010, 08:39 PM
GIRUY Pa Broon ya OF sympathiser. :agree:

ballengeich
09-05-2010, 08:58 PM
So therfore we will need Dundee United to win the Scottish Cup to have a decent chance of reaching the group stages.

It's unlikely to make much difference. Whichever way the cup final goes, if we get into the final qualifying round we'll be unseeded, so the Scottish final won't affect the team we'll play if we reach that final qualifying round.

Sylar
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Was never a penalty - if that had been the difference between us getting Europe or not, we'd be spitting tacks! Thankfully, big Nishy meant it was utterly irrelevant! :greengrin

Some of the clubs we could end up getting if we enter at the 3rd round would (in all liklihood) rip us to pieces - still, at least we face that potentiality:

Liverpool, Dnipro, Stuttgart, Sporting Lisbon, Juventus...

Wonder who Hear...oh aye! FTH! :thumbsup: