PDA

View Full Version : Well Done John Hughes

PaulSmith
09-05-2010, 02:28 PM
On achieving 4th place and a European spot in your first 11 months in charge.

Looking forward to seeing the new East Stand hosting european games with a few new signings for next season already.

Scorrie
09-05-2010, 02:30 PM
yep I'll second that. Well done Yogi. Get that defence sorted though man..:devil:

Chuckie
09-05-2010, 02:31 PM
yep I'll second that. Well done Yogi. Get that defence sorted though man..:devil:

Clean sheet today brother.

Sorted. :greengrin

sleeping giant
09-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Cheers Yogi :thumbsup:
My sphincter can relax for a few weeks :thumbsup:
Mon the Hibees.

Canny wait :thumbsup:

basehibby
09-05-2010, 02:34 PM
On achieving 4th place and a European spot in your first 11 months in charge.

Looking forward to seeing the new East Stand hosting european games with a few new signings for next season already.

:agree: It's been a close call in the end but for me 4th place and Euro qualification qualifies as concrete improvement on last term and, overall, a successful season.

PaulSmith
09-05-2010, 02:34 PM
As a side note I wonder if the 'im not going back' brigade will bother to look out their passports! :greengrin

heretoday
09-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Suddenly it's been a good season! Phew! And there was everyone saying it had been a disaster!

hibiedude
09-05-2010, 02:37 PM
As a side note I wonder if the 'im not going back' brigade will bother to look out their passports! :greengrin

Why spoil it :confused:

and to answer your question No I won't :bye:

Hibee_Lisa
09-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Well done Hughes:thumbsup:

Keith_M
09-05-2010, 02:39 PM
...on your first win in 8 games. Boy do Hibs like to do things the hard way.
:wink:

Never mind, got there in the end.

:thumbsup:

Speedway
09-05-2010, 02:40 PM
No-one including yogi is blind to our shortcomings and he's still delivered Europe. Well done yogi!

PaulSmith
09-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Why spoil it :confused:

and to answer your question No I won't :bye:

Cool, I'll send a postcard to your local :faf:
:notworthy:

mjhibby
09-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Ive felt for hughes and the abuse he has taken.We will be losing bamba in the summer but he will keep the rest but musr sign the players everybody can see he needs.Well done to the boys,go enjoy your hols the yogi get the squad sorted for our assaut on europe.Rb,ch and two powerful and tall midflielders and we have a cracking squad.And get the beeping gk sorted once and for all.Its never easy being a hibee but we can now look at the 6-6 and raise a wee smile.No doom and gloomers today justa few sore heads in the morning.GGTTH :thumbsup:Btw awfy quiet on kickback for some reason.:faf:

Jim44
09-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm delighted for the club and admit that I've been one of the serious doubters recently, but credit where credit's due. I still have to admit to a fair degree of disappointment at our demise and what might have been, but that's football.

Sas_The_Hibby
09-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Delighted we did it in the end but, just to sound a note of caution :wink: , I do hope Hughes has learnt something from the last couple of months, particularly the need to adapt to changing circumstances during a game.

Anyway, I'm feeling so much better than last Saturday at 3.00, or last Wednesday at 10.00 - 6-6 doesn't seem such a bad result after all! :greengrin

hibiedude
09-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Cool, I'll send a postcard to your local :faf:
:notworthy:

As said WHY spoil it :rolleyes:

hand deliver would be better :wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
09-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Ive felt for hughes and the abuse he has taken.We will be losing bamba in the summer but he will keep the rest but musr sign the players everybody can see he needs.Well done to the boys,go enjoy your hols the yogi get the squad sorted for our assaut on europe.Rb,ch and two powerful and tall midflielders and we have a cracking squad.And get the beeping gk sorted once and for all.Its never easy being a hibee but we can now look at the 6-6 and raise a wee smile.No doom and gloomers today justa few sore heads in the morning.GGTTH :thumbsup:Btw awfy quiet on kickback for some reason.:faf:

I now realise Hibs did that deliberately, just to make the last day of the season more interesting........ :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
09-05-2010, 02:45 PM
We made it in the end but not without a struggle. I would have taken 4th at the start of the season no doubt but given our form since the 1-4 v the huns and in particular the 6-6 debacle, Yogi will have to convince me all over again next season.

Well done for todays performance though :thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
09-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Hopefully now people will start backing the manager!

Well done to Yogi and well done to the squad.

It's had its ups and downs but we got there eventually. Ooh to be a Hibee! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Well done Hibs, you proved me well and trully wrong.:thumbsup:
Though I still think we got there despite of and not because of Yogi.

ronaldo7
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Well done Yogi:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done the Players:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done the Fans:thumbsup::thumbsup:

We are Hibernian FC:notworthy::jamboak:

hibiedude
09-05-2010, 02:48 PM
We made it in the end but not without a struggle. I would have taken 4th at the start of the season no doubt but given our form since the 1-4 v the huns and in particular the 6-6 debacle, Yogi will have to convince me all over again next season.

That sums it up for me perfectly

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 02:49 PM

After the 1-4 game we beat Hamilton 5-1, St Mirren 2-1 and won 2-1 at Parkhead.

It was 14 February when the rot set in.

Wotherspiniesta
09-05-2010, 02:49 PM

:asshole:

PaulSmith
09-05-2010, 02:50 PM
As said WHY spoil it :rolleyes:

hand deliver would be better :wink:

No probs, just put a Jagerbomb up on the bar then time I'm there and I'll let you know the stories from the trip

Westie1875
09-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Well done Yogi, not bad at all for the 1st season. Looking forward to next season already! :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 02:51 PM

You've got to give Yogi credit for not making knee-jerk decisions and only making 1 change to the team from the Motherwell game. 4 points from 6 when it mattered - well done to the manager for sorting the defence out.

hibiedude
09-05-2010, 02:53 PM
No probs, just put a Jagerbomb up on the bar then time I'm there and I'll let you know the stories from the trip

aye no problem :faf:

PapillonVert
09-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Well done to Yogi and the team! :thumbsup:

Jings, but do we know how to make things difficult for ourselves!

Now all we need is a good draw to somewhere sunny or a nice, old, historic town for a wee mini-break to Yoorop!

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 02:55 PM
:asshole:

Aye, very good:rolleyes:

You've got to give Yogi credit for not making knee-jerk decisions and only making 1 change to the team from the Motherwell game. 4 points from 6 when it mattered - well done to the manager for sorting the defence out.

That remains to be seen.
As I said I was proved wrong about our finishing position and I'm glad about that, but if Yogi is still to be our manager next season he has alot to prove after that disaterous run in.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 02:59 PM
That remains to be seen.
As I said I was proved wrong about our finishing position and I'm glad about that, but if Yogi is still to be our manager next season he has alot to prove after that disaterous run in.

What will he need to do to prove himself to you?

Toaods
09-05-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not convinced as yet...but no detracting from the hard fact that he has taken us to fourth with a positive goal difference, so well done...:cool2:

bod
09-05-2010, 03:04 PM
well done yogi ,I wasnt jumping for joy when you got the job but i think youve done well.Lets try & improve season

KWJ
09-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Would you agree it'd have been wrong to sack him after the Well game or when the board was flooded with YOGI GTF threads and the ridiculous "Please let it be true" one?

Sas_The_Hibby
09-05-2010, 03:06 PM

For me he'll have to read a match better, and change things when plan A patently isn't working. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt in the meantime but two games at the end of a nearly disastrous run doesn't yet prove to me he's got what it takes.

Time will tell.

soupy
09-05-2010, 03:07 PM
well done Hibees, but still need the obvious changes for next year, starting wi the defence.....I for one am right behind Yogi for next year, GGTTH:thumbsup::thumbsup:

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 03:08 PM

Put out a team that is hard to beat and not the pushovers we have been for most of this season.
I don't expect miracles as we are not yet in a position financially to do so, but a little bit of fight for thr jersey (which is what Yogi is looking for i'll admit), if he can achieve that I will be happy.
I can understand people wanting some kind of stability as far as a manager is concerned, I do to, I'm still, though, not convinced he is the one to give us that though I will be more than happy to eat my words if he proves me wrong.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Would you agree it'd have been wrong to sack him after the Well game or when the board was flooded with YOGI GTF threads and the ridiculous "Please let it be true" one?

No I wouldn't agree. I think that any other club would have sacked him on the spot.
That said it could very well be a master stroke.
As someone already said time will tell.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Put out a team that is hard to beat and not the pushovers we have been for most of this season.

Well since the middle of February anyway. We were hard to beat for most of the season prior to that. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM
No I wouldn't agree. I think that any other club would have sacked him on the spot.

Did Motherwell sack Craig Brown?

sadtom
09-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Well done Yogi.
Very few managers have got us into europe in their 1st season especially after the car crash that was last season..

Wonder if those falkirk flumps who wanted rid of him are starting to re-evaluate his achievement of keeping their diddy team in the top flight for 4 season!?

Much still to do but i dont think anyone knows that more than Yogi.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Well since the middle of February anyway. We were hard to beat for most of the season prior to that. :agree:

We were still bossed about in most games, like it or not we got lucky but I suppose you need luck.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 03:17 PM
We were still bossed about in most games, like it or not we got lucky but I suppose you need luck.

Well I think we were unlucky for the 2 1/2 months where we were losing games. :greengrin

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Did Motherwell sack Craig Brown?

Would you sack a manager that got his team to come back from 4 down with 23 minutes to play??
Something I am certain Hibs could not do, this season at least.

PaulSmith
09-05-2010, 03:19 PM

Best respect in the world but that first sentence us absolute rubbish

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Would you sack a manager that got his team to come back from 4 down with 23 minutes to play??

Wouldn't you sack him for losing 6 goals in the 1st place. They got lucky. :wink:

sadtom
09-05-2010, 03:21 PM

Maybe not down by 4, but i'm pretty sure we are the team in the league who have gained more points after going behind than any other.
So it kind of blows your argument out the water!

Wotherspiniesta
09-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Maybe not down by 4, but i'm pretty sure we are the team in the league who have gained more points after going behind than any other.
So it kind of blows your argument out the water!

Exactly
Let him have his moment, he's trying his best to look at all things negative about our manager.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Exactly
Let him have his moment, he's trying his best to look at all things negative about our manager.

:confused:
I thought there were no negatives:confused:

Look, I have my doubts, doubts that I feel are well founded, you think differently and I can respect that.

Woody1985
09-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Well done Hibs and John Hughes.

On an even more positive note, there's plenty of room for improvement and we've still managed to make Europe and finish 4th.

KWJ
09-05-2010, 03:31 PM
to be fair I don't think he's being too bad, he's just still not convinced which is fair enough.

Agree that I don't think any other manager would be sacked after the 6-6 capitulation though. In fact I don't think any of them would be even Pressley & McGhee.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Wouldn't you sack him for losing 6 goals in the 1st place. They got lucky. :wink:

I would certainly think about it, but Well had been on a reasonable run, unlike us.

H185MAN
09-05-2010, 03:34 PM
A nerve-wracking second half to the season, but 4th place will do for me a' the same.

Here's to a less stressful 2010-2011 season!

Well done Yogi! :thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
09-05-2010, 03:37 PM
:confused:
I thought there were no negatives:confused:

Look, I have my doubts, doubts that I feel are well founded, you think differently and I can respect that.

Of course I have my doubts about him.

But now is not the time and place for criticising the manager. Our team has just got into Europe and all you want to talk about is his shortcomings.

Can't you just enjoy the fact we finished 4th in the league. GGTTH :greengrin:hnet:

Nitten Hibee
09-05-2010, 03:40 PM
well done john and the boys :thumbsup:

Allant1981
09-05-2010, 03:42 PM
yip well done and hopefully we get some cracking players in during the summer and hope the dont bottle it again from crimbo onwards:thumbsup:

TomTheHibbyBev
09-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Well done to Yogi and well done to the squad.:thumbsup:

Still a lot of work to do changes have to be made but Europe here I come

col02
09-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Well done Hughes and the Hibs players on a successful season! They have nobody to prove themselves to despite some people on here saying otherwise. Over 38 games they did enough and next season they will look to progress even more. I live in hope that some people may now back the club but given it is Hibs fans we are on about there will always be a vocal minority that come out of the woodwork to criticise when things are not at their best.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I would certainly think about it, but Well had been on a reasonable run, unlike us.

Had they? 1 win in 6 prior to the 6-6 game. Including a 4-0 doing at Celtic and a loss at home to Falkirk.

Relegation form in fact.

southfieldshibby
09-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Aye, very good:rolleyes:

That remains to be seen.

quality. take the good feeling now, with insurance of being a told you so if it doesn't get better.

no idea how guys like you get out of bed in the morning. Hibs in europe. better finish than the last 4 or 5 seasons and moaning about a loss of form which has stopped.

dig out your best reply as i don't give a damm. I'm probably going to be shopping on the D&G online store (and i certainly don't mean doon and gloom:wink:) for my clobber for, hopefully, sunnier climes when WE are playing in europe next season.

C'mon lets have it. Hibs 6 - 2 up with 20 mins to go and draw 6 - 6.

arsenal 2 - 0 up with 10 mins to go and LOSE 3 - 2

it can happen its football.

WE ARE IN EUROPE!!

REJOICE! REGOICE!

:greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
09-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Well done Hibs and John Hughes.

On an even more positive note, there's plenty of room for improvement and we've still managed to make Europe and finish 4th.

:top marks That's the best comment so far, it is so true, and the best way to look at it.

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Well done Yogi - overall the season has to be seen as a qualified success.

There are big caveats, and he really has to learn from that terrible slump, where we really only got by due to the dire standards of our opponents. But we should be looking to progress, make some sort of impact in Europe, and romp third place next season. Some steel in the defence and midfield please Yogi, and a bit more flexibility tactically.

But once again, well done. It's been too long since we've been in Europe proper and not long enough since those ******ed flat-earth muppets from Gorgie have been denied the opportunity to embarrass our city. Now let's show them how handsome, well-dressed and highly-toned Edinburgh chaps look.

You bloaters: I expect nothing less than a solid diet and exercise regime frok you over the summer, and consequently six-packs all round on the beaches and under the parasols of the continent.

Go Greens!!!

Hibs07p
09-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Never doubted you for a moment Yogi! :fibber: You've spoke some ***** regarding the "players giving you everything", and I'm hoping you only said it because you needed them, more than they needed you. You know what needs to be done, just do it!

GGTTH

Hibby 2005
09-05-2010, 04:11 PM
:top marks That's the best comment so far, it is so true, and the best way to look at it.

Maybe it's pure relief given what's gone before but hats off to Yogi.

Purehibee_MYB
09-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Maybe it's pure relief given what's gone before but hats off to Yogi.

I suppose you're right, but it's been a season of two halves for us, I wonder if people would be moaning as much if we had played average throughout the season opposed to a great first half of the season and an awful second half of the season? I personally have been reasonably happy with Yogi and have never really thought about him leaving, I think it has been down to our pitch, and at times the players effort...that is just my opinion though, I can understand people blaming yogi.

However

BRING ON EUROPE! :thumbsup:

scotty1875
09-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Well Done Yogi & the players.

It's been a rollercoaster season, mainly in freefall towards the end, but 4th place is a v. good achievement.

Mon The Hibees :thumbsup:

***** the Hertz :agree:

Cropley10
09-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Well done Hibs and well done Yogi.

Yes we did it the hard way. But we did it.

See you all in Europe :greengrin:

KWJ
09-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Well done Hibs and well done Yogi.

Yes we did it the hard way. But we did it.

See you all in Europe :greengrin:

way to save yersel 50 quid. I was never worried....:fibber:

:scarf:

maximushibee
09-05-2010, 04:42 PM
how many .net users are on this post sayin well done to yogi and the players after calling for theor heads on wednesday? Im one of them Well done Yogi and the team hopefully next season we will have more to shout about :thumbsup:

Purehibee_MYB
09-05-2010, 05:04 PM
how many .net users are on this post sayin well done to yogi and the players after calling for theor heads on wednesday? Im one of them Well done Yogi and the team hopefully next season we will have more to shout about :thumbsup:

I am also one of those... I think some fans are too impatient.

Green4Go07
09-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Well done Yogi having achieved 4th place,and looking forward to Euro trip.He needs to be more ruthless with the players[particularly defence]to keep my blood pressure at a healthy level.

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Well done Yogi Hughes!! I knew you were the right man for the job. Rome wasn't built in one day and I am willing to give you time to build your own squad that will make us the 3rd force of Scottish Football.

Alfred E Newman
09-05-2010, 06:28 PM
All Yogi has done has given himself more time. I for one am delighted we have qualified for Europe even if we have stumbled over the finish line but still disgusted at some of our recent performances.
Yogis` big test now is to change the squad during the summer and address the glaring problems that exist in the side. I still doubt that he has the ability to take the club onwards and beating a half strength Dundee Unt doesn`t change that view. However, well done to the players today.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 06:28 PM
quality. take the good feeling now, with insurance of being a told you so if it doesn't get better.

no idea how guys like you get out of bed in the morning. Hibs in europe. better finish than the last 4 or 5 seasons and moaning about a loss of form which has stopped.

dig out your best reply as i don't give a damm. I'm probably going to be shopping on the D&G online store (and i certainly don't mean doon and gloom:wink:) for my clobber for, hopefully, sunnier climes when WE are playing in europe next season.

C'mon lets have it. Hibs 6 - 2 up with 20 mins to go and draw 6 - 6.

arsenal 2 - 0 up with 10 mins to go and LOSE 3 - 2

it can happen its football.

WE ARE IN EUROPE!!

REJOICE! REGOICE!

:greengrin

I would never say "I told you so", just like I would never revel in a manager getting sacked (even though I might think they deserve it).

I have no problems getting out of bed in the mornings thank you (unless I'm on an early shift)

Hibs in Europe, brill.
4th in the league, great.
Loss of form thats stopped???...pretty hard to judge that one seeing as this was the last game of the season. The trend, though, is still alarmingly downward no matter how you look at it.

If you are happy with thowing away a 4 goal deficit in the last 23 minutes, fine. I, on the other hand, see that as abject failure...opinions I suppose.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
The trend, though, is still alarmingly downward no matter how you look at it.

Unbeaten in our last 2 games. And both away from home as well against 3rd and 4th (well 5th now) in the league. :thumbsup:

WindyMiller
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM
No-one including yogi is blind to our shortcomings and he's still delivered Europe. Well done yogi!

100% Agree.:notworthy:

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Unbeaten in our last 2 games. And both away from home as well against 3rd and 4th (well 5th now) in the league. :thumbsup:

That's just plain stupid, 1 win in last 8 or 2 in 12 with 8 losses within those 12. Yes, pretty much a downward trend I'd say.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:40 PM
That's just plain stupid, 1 win in last 8 or 2 in 12 with 8 losses within those 12. Yes, pretty much a downward trend I'd say.

Pretty much downward - apart from the upward part. :agree:

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Pretty much downward - apart from the upward part. :agree:

What part is that?
2 steps forward 8 steps back??

I don't know how many times I have to say this, I'm happy that I was proved wrong about qualifying for Europe. But you can be as positive as you wish, we are on a downward trend...well were cos the season is now over. I still have grave reservations about Yogi and just because we qualified for Europe, from one of the worst leagues I've seen in years, does not change my mind one little bit.
I am happy to eat a large slice of humble pie if next season (if he is still manager) if we progress under him. I cannot say I think others on here would do the same if my reservations were proved correct.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 06:54 PM
What part is that?

The bit you dismissed in your last post 'cos it doesn't fit for you. The 2 in a row point.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 06:59 PM
The bit you dismissed in your last post 'cos it doesn't fit for you. The 2 in a row point.

I didn't dismiss it, I covered it quite well if you look, though it is actually only 1 in a row if there is such a thing, the other was a draw...from a 4 goal lead for us may I add.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 07:08 PM
I didn't dismiss it, I covered it quite well if you look, though it is actually only 1 in a row if there is such a thing, the other was a draw...from a 4 goal lead for us may I add.

So only wins/losses count in unbeaten runs now? Is this America?!

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks Yogi for giving me at least a chance of my ambition to see Hibs in a Euro away match and well done to the players for getting us over the finishing line at the very end.

Having said that, there aint no doubt that there are things Yogi and the board will have to attend to over our short summer and everybody knows it.

But what a buzz it will be if Hibs manage to get a Euro tie ( hopefully in the group stages ) against somebody of the likes of AEK.

I was listening to the game on line today and Craig Patterson was talking about the AEK match and all but said that he had never heard an atmosphere like it in a European match, even in weegie land.

Imagine the new Easter Road packed to the rafters for a game like that. I would hope we could top the atmosphere that night.

What a prospect !!!

:flag:

Having said that ..... We will probably get K.O.d by a team from Latvia in our first tie.

Oh come on I am a Hibby after all. : - )

dawn
09-05-2010, 07:21 PM

Me too, I had kept the faith until wed, but in the heat of the moment a couldnae hold ma tongue.

I'm more than happy to say, well done, to the Yogi and the players. :thumbsup:

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:29 PM
So only wins/losses count in unbeaten runs now? Is this America?!

Ah! so you want it both ways where a draw counts as a win...fairy nuff. ! win and one winish in last 8 all others losses...Still a downward trend.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Ah! so you want it both ways where a draw counts as a win...fairy nuff. ! win and one winish in last 8 all others losses...Still a downward trend.

You're being silly now - I never said I wanted a draw to be classed as a win but I don't count them as a loss either, which many on here have been doing this week.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM
You're being silly now - I never said I wanted a draw to be classed as a win but I don't count them as a loss either, which many on here have been doing this week.

From 4 up with 23 minutes to play, it certainly feels like one.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM
From 4 up with 23 minutes to play, it certainly feels like one.

But crucially it isn't.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:35 PM
But crucially it isn't.

It isn't the win that it should have been either.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 07:35 PM
It isn't the win that it should have been either.

We agree on something then.

JCHibby
09-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Well done John Hughes and the team. Great work on the whole season.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:46 PM
We agree on something then.

Listen buddy, we both want whats best for our team, we just don't see eye to eye on how to get there.
I honestly wish Yogi all the best and I will be the first to come on and admit I was wrong If I see real progression, well my opinion of real progression not yours I suppose:wink:

What I won't do is gloat if he fails, like some on here are doing about finishing 4th in a cr@p league.

sunshine1875
09-05-2010, 07:46 PM
There were time this season when I have been so proud to have someone like John Hughes as manager, though lately my view of him (ever since the Ross County at home game) is that he is tactically inept.

One win doesn't change that view, but I think he should be given a lot of praise for what he has achieved this season. There have not been many top-four finishes over the past 20-30 years.

I really hope that John Hughes will take time to reflect. If, at any job, you keep making the same mistakes your time will be up. Hughes has to learn from what went well and what didn't and come back stronger next season. I will certainly cut him a lot more slack and hopefully others will as well.

Together we are stronger.

IWasThere2016
09-05-2010, 07:48 PM
All Yogi has done has given himself more time. I for one am delighted we have qualified for Europe even if we have stumbled over the finish line but still disgusted at some of our recent performances.
Yogis` big test now is to change the squad during the summer and address the glaring problems that exist in the side. I still doubt that he has the ability to take the club onwards and beating a half strength Dundee Unt doesn`t change that view. However, well done to the players today.

That's where I am too MB but well done to Yogi and the boys they got the result we needed :thumbsup:

I think United's full team - if needing the points - would have ripped us a new one but we didn't look in trouble today.

The football has to improve too and Yogi MUST sign some players with a physical presence, a leader or two and develop a Plan B. The horror shows at Perth, Accies and the Derbies have to go too.

(You can see I'm no asking for much really :greengrin)

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Listen buddy, we both want whats best for our team, we just don't see eye to eye on how to get there.
I honestly wish Yogi all the best and I will be the first to come on and admit I was wrong If I see real progression, well my opinion of real progression not yours I suppose:wink:

What I won't do is gloat if he fails, like some on here are doing about finishing 4th in a cr@p league.

I know you do but it sometimes feel like folk have a closed mind - they made their mind up early doors and just sit and heckle after that.

He needs to get us 3rd next season to progress. Do you agree with that or do you want/expect more than that?

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I know you do but it sometimes feel ike folk have a closed mind - they ma their mind up early doors and just sit and heckle after that.

He needs to get us 3rd next season to progress. Do you agree with that or do you want/expect more than that?

We could remain in 4th if I see us as a more polished side, harder to beat and have more than a plan A.

Removed
09-05-2010, 07:51 PM

I haven't read all this thread or trawled your posts to get your point of view so are you saying we haven't really progressed this season or is it not real and just pretend :confused:

What is your idea of real progression for Hibs and what would be a realistic timescale and budget within which to achieve it?

Removed
09-05-2010, 07:52 PM
We could remain in 4th if I see us as a more polished side, harder to beat and have more than a plan A.

But remaining in 4th is not progression, or is it :confused:

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 07:55 PM
But remaining in 4th is not progression, or is it :confused:

It all depends on your POV I suppose.

JimBHibees
09-05-2010, 07:55 PM
That's where I am too MB but well done to Yogi and the boys they got the result we needed :thumbsup:

I think United's full team - if needing the points - would have ripped us a new one but we didn't look in trouble today.

The football has to improve too and Yogi MUST sign some players with a physical presence, a leader or two and develop a Plan B. The horror shows at Perth, Accies and the Derbies have to go too.

I dont think that is unfair to be honest. We have stumbled over the line however personally have seen enough to be relatively satisfied with the season. Some of the football we played on Wednesday was excellent, obviously defending apart :greengrin

I have some concerns over his man management style seems to revel in a cartoon Desperate Dan persona too much for my liking. IMO he needs to step back and be a bit more detached. The drop in form of some of our better players especially Liam Miller has been startling.

I think he and Brian Rice know football and are well aware of the weaknesses and IMO will buy and sell appropriately. I hope he can improve and make the team improve however most fans I would imagine will say fair enough but jury still out.

Removed
09-05-2010, 07:56 PM
It all depends on your POV I suppose.

So 6th to 4th isn't progression but 4th to 4th could be.

I need to lie down.

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 08:00 PM
So 6th to 4th isn't progression but 4th to 4th could be.

I need to lie down.

4th in the worst league for many years, with the squad that we have, is not great IMHO. We have looked weak, disjointed and Yogi has come across as someone who hasn't got a clue if plan A doesn't work. If these things are addressed then, yes, i would call that progress.

Removed
09-05-2010, 08:13 PM
4th in the worst league for many years, with the squad that we have, is not great IMHO. We have looked weak, disjointed and Yogi has come across as someone who hasn't got a clue if plan A doesn't work. If these things are addressed then, yes, i would call that progress.

That'll be a squad decimated by injury and loss of form and key players at a crucial part of the season.

I don't buy this worst league for years stuff. Every team is fighting for something and there are really no easy games, just like at any other time in the past. We might have had a perception of levelling off but again the old firm still finish way ahead of the rest.

IMO if we finish 4th again next season improvement will only have been delivered on the park if we get further in the cups and improve our goal difference in the league.

SalfordHibs
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Well done Hibs i couldn't see it happening but it has :thumbsup:

To all the posters i said we couldn't do it, you were right i am big enough to admit it i was wrong :notworthy:

Now get the beach balls to the ready...

erskine-hibby
09-05-2010, 08:51 PM
That'll be a squad decimated by injury and loss of form and key players at a crucial part of the season.

I don't buy this worst league for years stuff. Every team is fighting for something and there are really no easy games, just like at any other time in the past. We might have had a perception of levelling off but again the old firm still finish way ahead of the rest.

IMO if we finish 4th again next season improvement will only have been delivered on the park if we get further in the cups and improve our goal difference in the league.

As I say it's a matter of opinion and in my opinion rangers having no money, celtic struggling, motherwell cr@p, hearts..well hearts, Aberdeen sheep ****ged etc. all in all a pretty cr@p league IMHO.

So if we don't finish higher up the league,win a cup or have a great run in Europe and we finish 4th Yogi will have failed then and you will want him removed?? There are more ways to progress in my opinion...does this make me a happy clapper??

Removed
09-05-2010, 09:02 PM
As I say it's a matter of opinion and in my opinion rangers having no money, celtic struggling, motherwell cr@p, hearts..well hearts, Aberdeen sheep ****ged etc. all in all a pretty cr@p league IMHO.

So if we don't finish higher up the league,win a cup or have a great run in Europe and we finish 4th Yogi will have failed then and you will want him removed?? There are more ways to progress in my opinion...does this make me a happy clapper??

No, I never said that would be failure. I didn't say win a cup or have a great European run did I :confused:

And no, if we finish 4th next year and don't win a cup I won't call for his head. When was the last time we finished 4th two years on the trot?

Edit: 04/05 & 05/06 3rd then 4th, then you have to go back to 71-76 when we went 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, then before that the late 40's/early 50's for 3 championships, 3 2nds and a 3rd. Does that not put some perspective on this season and what a 4th place or better would mean again next season. I think we have expectations that outweigh our history. Based on the records our rightful place has to be mid table whether we like it or not. So a 4th next year would be something that not many Hibs managers have ever managed and a Scottish cup win would make him immortal.

Robinho08
09-05-2010, 09:11 PM
I'd like to see a new centre half and probably a right back too.

Well done to Hibs in securing 4th, should have been 3rd. But hey that's football for you. Just hope Yogi isnt a one season wonder.

Bearders
09-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Who cares ? Fans my arse. As you say PS "Well done Yogi". Finished above the other mob and qualified for Europe - decent start and progress from last season,:thumbsup: but must get shot of the passengers.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Well done to Yogi and the team! :thumbsup:

Jings, but do we know how to make things difficult for ourselves!

Now all we need is a good draw to somewhere sunny or a nice, old, historic town for a wee mini-break to Yoorop!

Thats just the Hibs way :greengrin

Well done Yogi. The big felly is a passionate character and will have been hurting over the last few months.

Bearders
09-05-2010, 09:25 PM

I'm pretty sure you are gutted we never lost today. Your continual slagging of Yogi has been well out of order for the last few months. Find a new angle for your vitriol. GIRUY.

Ray_
09-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Well Done Yogi & the team today, hopefully the dark days are now behind us.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-05-2010, 09:27 PM

Thats entirely possible.

But we went to Ibrox and got a draw when the huns were in full flow, and Well just scraped a draw when the huns were in party mode. Swings and roundabouts....

Season is 38 games , and we are 4th on merit

erskine-hibby
10-05-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm pretty sure you are gutted we never lost today. Your continual slagging of Yogi has been well out of order for the last few months. Find a new angle for your vitriol. GIRUY.

You couldn't be further from the truth. Never have I wanted him to fail, infact I have never wanted any Hibs manager to fail...ever!!. Threre is a clear difference between wanting someone to fail and thinking that they are not the man for the job, and in that respect, for me, he has not done enough with the resourses that he has had compared to those thar have gone before him.

Rossco442
10-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Haven't met a group of fans more fickle.

Expecting Rain
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Whilst being delighted and relieved that Hibs were fourth, lets not get carried away, we beat a team that had nothing to play for and some of our players suddenly haven`t become world beaters, the jury is well and truly still out and 90 minutes doesn`t paper over the last 17 games.

M11BMO
10-05-2010, 09:53 AM
As Yogi stated in his invterview after the match "It's a marathon, not a sprint."

I have to admit I thought the only way of us getting into Europe would have been via Utd winning the Scottish. However for us to have finished 4th is definite progress and hopfully we can build on this for next year. In my opinion, all fairness Dundee Utd... they thoroughly deserved to have finished 3rd.

Well Done Yogi, we'll take 3rd next year... or else!! :wink: :thumbsup:

khib70
10-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Whilst being delighted and relieved that Hibs were fourth, lets not get carried away, we beat a team that had nothing to play for and some of our players suddenly haven`t become world beaters, the jury is well and truly still out and 90 minutes doesn`t paper over the last 17 games.
:agree:What he said

jacomo
10-05-2010, 11:27 AM
:agree: It's been a close call in the end but for me 4th place and Euro qualification qualifies as concrete improvement on last term and, overall, a successful season.

Yes, a definite improvement, but a "great season" as Yogi claims? Don't think so. We didn't win anything or make a real statement in the League, and there's still lots of work to do on our squad and tactics.

The manager has earnt the right to more time, but I'm far from convinced yet.

jacomo
10-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Haven't met a group of fans more fickle.

Really?

There are plenty of legitimate questions that Yogi hasn't answered yet, if you ask me. Delighted with the win but does that mean you can't also still express concerns?