09-05-2010, 02:28 PM
I love you !!! :greengrin:notworthy::flag:

Sprouleflyer
09-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I love you !!! :greengrin:notworthy::flag:

Calm yerself!!!

WestEndHibee
09-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Go on son. He's generally the brunt of all criticism but lets unite in praising the man thats given us all an extra holiday destination! Lithuania here we come!!!

ian cruise
09-05-2010, 02:30 PM
spl's 9th all time top scorer

Hibernian Verse
09-05-2010, 02:32 PM
You can tell in the interview after the game on wednesday just how much this will mean to him, never mind us.

SouthamptonHibs
09-05-2010, 02:32 PM
well done Nishy!!! keep up the god work hail hail

hibiedude
09-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I read a lot of post telling him to GTF but as is always the case a striker scores more when his confidance is up- 3 against Motherwell and 2 today when the pressure must have beeen massive on this guy.

Well done Colin :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-05-2010, 02:35 PM
He was gutted on Wednesday night despite scoring a hat trick, delighted for him that his goals today gave us 4th place and a European place. :thumbsup:

Holmesdale Hibs
09-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Well Done Colin Nish. :top marks

Best possible response to the ridiculous and over the top criticism that he was getting. Has shown that he has character, ability and that he is a passionate Hibs fan. Hope he stays and continues like this next season.

SlickShoes
09-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks Colin.

I will be annoyed when hes pish, but when hes good he really is. Hit a wee bit form at the right time, right now im sure your 95% of fans that are clueless all couldnt give a monkeys now that we have euro football to look fwd to!

PeterboroHibee
09-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Well played to him, been key in us getting in Europe over the last few games. 5 goals in 2 games, pretty impressive!

Hibercelona
09-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Well played to him, been key in us getting in Europe over the last few games. 5 goals in 2 games, pretty impressive!

Too impressive...

Possibly trying to manufacture a move away... :worried:

Sas_The_Hibby
09-05-2010, 02:58 PM
He's a puzzle, wrapped in a riddle and surrounded by an enigma**! :confused:

** Not to be confused with an enema! :rolleyes: :greengrin

MountcastleHibs
09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
In celebration of Nish's achievement, click on the above link, and show your appreciation of Colin by leaving the following comment :

You are not in Colin Nish's 5%, Nish doubter.[/QUOTE]

Liam, I would greatly appreciate it if you removed my facebook page from that comment. I can take a joke, but that's too far. If you don't can an admin do it please? I'm not happy with my facebook being open to anyone who could read .net.

And for the record, I'm not a doubter. I applaud the guy for proving me wrong, and his record in the last two games of 5 in 2 is brilliant. If he does it consistently and takes that into next season, I'll be delighted. I'm not a doubter, but not a lover yet.

hibeesliam94
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM

How many goals is that???

scotty1875
09-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Too impressive...

Possibly trying to manufacture a move away... :worried:

Maybe - but I'd like to see him at ER next season -selling the hotdogs & pies :wink:

I'm glad Nish finished strongly. The criticism he has endured this season has been well over the top with the pinnacle being that drunken fat excuse of a Hibs "fan" at half time in the upper tier at Tannadice earlier this season - which was discussed on here afterwards.

Well done Nish for helping secure 4th.

Bring on next season......IF we get some new defenders.

I hope the Hibs support curb the trend of constantly abusing our own players next season.

Mon The Hibs

basehibby
09-05-2010, 03:16 PM

:agree: Overtaking the "legendary" Billy Dodds

soupy
09-05-2010, 03:23 PM
How many goals is that???

Ithink its about 66ish!!!!!:greengrin

lyonhibs
09-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Liam, I would greatly appreciate it if you removed my facebook page from that comment. I can take a joke, but that's too far. If you don't can an admin do it please? I'm not happy with my facebook being open to anyone who could read .net.

And for the record, I'm not a doubter. I applaud the guy for proving me wrong, and his record in the last two games of 5 in 2 is brilliant. If he does it consistently and takes that into next season, I'll be delighted. I'm not a doubter, but not a lover yet.

Hahaha, having just clicked on that link, I've found another one of the wee podgy BB Juveniles I used to command has grown up to be a big podgy juvenile (offender, maybe................... :greengrin)

Over to you - who am I???

500miles
09-05-2010, 03:28 PM
In celebration of Nish's achievement, click on the above link, and show your appreciation of Colin by leaving the following comment :

You are not in Colin Nish's 5%, Nish doubter.

And for the record, I'm not a doubter. I applaud the guy for proving me wrong, and his record in the last two games of 5 in 2 is brilliant. If he does it consistently and takes that into next season, I'll be delighted. I'm not a doubter, but not a lover yet.[/QUOTE]

You are not in Colin Nish's 5%, Nish doubter

BroxburnHibee
09-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Well done to the big man. 5 goals in 2 games - Superb :thumbsup:

500miles
09-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Hahaha, having just clicked on that link, I've found another one of the wee podgy BB Juveniles I used to command has grown up to be a big podgy juvenile (offender, maybe................... :greengrin)

Command? That would require us to listen to you.

And he already knows who you are Peteypops.

MountcastleHibs
09-05-2010, 03:34 PM

Podgy! I'll have you know i've lost one and a half stone in the last month! Admittedly chubby, but losing all the time. And command... Pfft... Not an offender either for the record... Nice clean criminal record thank you very much.

And you my friend are Peter Dixon... A.K.A Pierre ;).

Allant1981
09-05-2010, 03:39 PM
well done to him on the last two games but id still get shot for next season

lyonhibs
09-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Command? That would require us to listen to you.

And he already knows who you are Peteypops.

LOL fair enough

"Attempted to command, but couldn't really be arsed" might be more accurate, though that's not what I saw in job interviews!!!

MountcastleHibs
09-05-2010, 03:45 PM
LOL fair enough

"Attempted to command, but couldn't really be arsed" might be more accurate, though that's not what I saw in job interviews!!!

Haha that is definately more like it! But you gotta do what you gotta do to get the jobs, so why not eh!

BullbreedHFC
09-05-2010, 03:46 PM
credit where it's due, well done bigman, 5 goals in 2 games :greengrin GGTTH

Barney McGrew
09-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Just back from the game, and another sterling performance from Nishy.

Again today, the two players who get the most abuse on here were the two that led by example - Nish and John Rankin.

:top marksto the two of them.

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Well done to the genius/village idiot that is CN, for almost single-handedly dragging us into Europe, almost against the best efforts, from players, managers and fans, to stop him.

But we forgive you Colin!

micksoo
09-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Not his biggest fan but you can't argue with 5 in 2! Well done!!

147lothian
09-05-2010, 04:06 PM
At times this season, Nish has been the only player capable of holding the ball up when its punted upfront. A lot of his work has gone un-noticed, im so pleased for him. Im not wanting to get rid of Stokes but if a big offer came in for him Riordan and Nish might be a dream partnership upfront

rightwinger
09-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Got to give the big huddie his due.

Five goals in two very important away games is a significant return from him.

I'm always banging on about Hibs and Hibs players doing the business when it matters and Nish has certainly delivered. He also bagged a double at Tannadice last season IIRC.

That's 12 goals for the season for him and there's nothing wrong with that return. A player like Nish should be looking to get 8-10 goals a season and, more importantly, fill the physical, target man role in contrast to our other more lightweight forwards. He's delivered the goals but, like Riordan, has to look to do more for the team.

The problem with all of our strikers is that when they are not scoring or creating they are a borderline liability to the team. And between the 3 of them, 1 guaranteed goal a game is not enough. The more our strikers do for the team, the more our midfielders can do offensively - we can then be less predictable going forward.

I'd still like to see another big striker recruited to compete with Nish for the target man role.

But credit where credit's due today.

hibee_girl
09-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Couldn't be more pleased for Nish, maybe some folk will get off his back now :greengrin

jarre1875
09-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Well done big guy :thumbsup:

hfc rd
09-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Well done Nishy!! You have made me eat my own words this week!! Thanks for your goals for getting us into Europe!!
:top marks

houston1875
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
couldnae make game the day..aint seen his goals

But on Wednesday,what a difference it made to Mr Nish when he got balls in to him fae wide areas!! id like to have seen this more often this season?

hopefully it continues next season with couple of wingers?

GGTTH

passport at the ready!!

Pretty Boy
09-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Play Nish in his correct position and give him decent service and he will score goals. It's simple. Don't understand why it took so long for Yogi and the players to realise.

Barney McGrew
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
couldnae make game the day..aint seen his goals

But on Wednesday,what a difference it made to Mr Nish when he got balls in to him fae wide areas!!

His two goals today were from balls into the box from wide too

Keith_M
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Should have had a hat-trick today, useless pr*ck!

:wink:

Atalanta
09-05-2010, 06:32 PM
His last two games have been a revelation after the dross over the previous few months. It just shoes what he could achieve when his attitude is right and he applies himself

houston1875
09-05-2010, 06:36 PM
His two goals today were from balls into the box from wide too

hibs games been missing that all season,wingers,defenders hate the ball across the box,hard to deal with? prob why man utd get so many OGs at home?

ps GIFRUY man utd :faf: