PDA

View Full Version : Media broadcasting is a disgrace

Tiocfaidh Ar La
09-05-2010, 01:32 PM
You would think that the old firm games were actually meaningful going by the press attention they are getting from BBC, espn, sky. The only meaninful games today are ours at tannadice and the game at ibrox as the European spot is all that is to be claimed this season. It's pissing me off big time that their has been no mention of our goal, no highlights and basically zero interest in the 4th place Europa league spot. I hate the Scottish weegie media. Just hope we actually hold on to our result up in Dundee and then the media, old firm and jambos can gtf. Were pish but let's make Europe!!! Pish but scrape Europe, wee team but big stadium and no debt. I'll take that just now....

I Love Lamp
09-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Yeah but you must remember that all fans of Scottish football want to see Rangers getting the trophy presented :rolleyes:

As for Celtic v Hearts, it's based on Edinburgh logic. The Big Team fans want to see their Big Team play whereas Wee Team fans aren't really bothered about seeing their own team go for Europe; far more interested in seeing Hearts lose and only managing to finish 'fake sixth' (which is now happening :wink:)

basehibby
09-05-2010, 02:10 PM
You would think that the old firm games were actually meaningful going by the press attention they are getting from BBC, espn, sky. The only meaninful games today are ours at tannadice and the game at ibrox as the European spot is all that is to be claimed this season. It's pissing me off big time that their has been no mention of our goal, no highlights and basically zero interest in the 4th place Europa league spot. I hate the Scottish weegie media. Just hope we actually hold on to our result up in Dundee and then the media, old firm and jambos can gtf. Were pish but let's make Europe!!! Pish but scrape Europe, wee team but big stadium and no debt. I'll take that just now....

:agree: It's fair enough showing the huns match as they're being crowned champions and Motherwell have 4th place to play for.

It's an absolute FARCE showing the Hearts vs Celtc match though - it's a total non-game and shows in perfect focus the immense bias in this country towards the OF - sickening and a very poor advert for buying ESPN who are evidently more interested in meaningless OF freindlies than competitive SPL matches.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2010, 02:12 PM
:agree: It's fair enough showing the huns match as they're being crowned champions and Motherwell have 4th place to play for.

It's an absolute FARCE showing the Hearts vs Celtc match though - it's a total non-game and shows in perfect focus the immense bias in this country towards the OF - sickening and a very poor advert for buying ESPN who are evidently more interested in meaningless OF freindlies than competitive SPL matches.

:agree: My brother-in-law phoned them the other day to complain and cancel - they said that the Celtic game would get them higher viewing figures than Utd v Hibs.

basehibby
09-05-2010, 02:21 PM
:agree: My brother-in-law phoned them the other day to complain and cancel - they said that the Celtic game would get them higher viewing figures than Utd v Hibs.

Don't think many Celtic fans would be canceling in protest if they're non-event fixture was sacrificed in favour of a battle for a euro spot - the loss of revenue is just reward for ESPN's idiocy.

heretoday
09-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I've a feeling the "Open Mikes" thing is going to be the future for BBC Scotland. Never mind that the incoming yelps and shouts from the footy outposts make them all sound - well - like a chorus of old panto dames. It's entertaining enough, I suppose. Also it's better than having to hear a commentator mangle the English language for 90 minutes. They were doing it today at Ibrox as a pretty average cross was headed into the goalie's arms.

"Magnificent cross, great header and brilliant save......." We must have been listening to Brazil v Barcelona!