PDA

View Full Version : Jambo Mentality

hibees53
08-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I am unfortunate enough to live in the Gorgie area of the city and have to listen to the rubbish they spout whenever i go for a beer or two in the local pubs, but the latest crap they are talking really takes the biscuit,most of them are saying that they have no interest in going to Europe this season as they are not good enough and would only get emptied in the first round.They dont take account of the money Europe would bring to try to pay of some of there 35m debt,or are they jealous of the fact that the hibees are above them in the league and very close to qualification for Europe.Does anyone know the going rate for Europa cup ties

Bayern Bru
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
They're the big team, so they're saving it up for the Champions League push next season. :wink:

HibeeMcGinn1
08-05-2010, 12:03 PM
They're the big team, so they're saving it up for the Champions League push next season. :wink:

is it next year they were to win it?

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2010, 12:12 PM

I thought they won it last year? :confused:

--------
08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I am unfortunate enough to live in the Gorgie area of the city and have to listen to the rubbish they spout whenever i go for a beer or two in the local pubs, but the latest crap they are talking really takes the biscuit,most of them are saying that they have no interest in going to Europe this season as they are not good enough and would only get emptied in the first round.They dont take account of the money Europe would bring to try to pay of some of there 35m debt,or are they jealous of the fact that the hibees are above them in the league and very close to qualification for Europe.Does anyone know the going rate for Europa cup ties

There's not a lot of money to be earned playing in the Europa League Preliminary Pre-Qualifying Sudden-Death Elimination-of-the-Unfit Who-Gives-A-Peppermint-Humbug Rounds ....

.... as I suspect WE are about to discover. :rolleyes:

And if they're JEALOUS of our present form and situation, then they're even madder than I am.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2010, 12:22 PM
There's not a lot of money to be earned playing in the Europa League Preliminary Pre-Qualifying Sudden-Death Elimination-of-the-Unfit Who-Gives-A-Peppermint-Humbug Rounds ....
.... as I suspect WE are about to discover. :rolleyes:
And if they're JEALOUS of our present form and situation, then they're even madder than I am.

Doddie,would you prefer it if we finished 6th?

Judas Iscariot
08-05-2010, 12:41 PM

By the look of this board, a scary amount probably would :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
08-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Having delivered the CL on schedule in 2008 as Vlad promised, it's probably nothing more than them focusing on the interplanetary league next season, its the only challenge left, and if he tells them it will happen, they will all start booking the flights or building their own rockets.

Agree wi Doddie re the preliminary rounds though, if we blag it, I am praying for a nice wee tie somewhere warm for our only european match of the season :wink:

--------
08-05-2010, 01:14 PM

Of course not, bh. That would mean THEY were above us.

But qualifying for "Europe" in fifth place means no more than the opportunity to qualify for a qualifying round tie to compete for a place in the opening preliminary round where we play for a place in the first group stage.

It's the tiniest of tiny toeholds on a long and rocky ascent to European respectability - and European respectability is a prize we'll only win when the team has developed to the point when we can compete with decent teams from decent leagues. In Scotland, not many teams are anywhere near that standard yet.

Playing home-and-away at the end of July against the works team for a firm of Belorussian night-soil disposal operatives is neither a prestige European tie nor a money-spinner.

(But I still want to play them - I'm just feart we're gonnae get beat.)

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Of course not, bh. That would mean THEY were above us.

But qualifying for "Europe" in fifth place means no more than the opportunity to qualify for a qualifying round tie to compete for a place in the opening preliminary round where we play for a place in the first group stage.

It's the tiniest of tiny toeholds on a long and rocky ascent to European respectability - and European respectability is a prize we'll only win when the team has developed to the point when we can compete with decent teams from decent leagues. In Scotland, not many teams are anywhere near that standard yet.

Playing home-and-away at the end of July against the works team for a firm of Belorussian night-soil disposal operatives is neither a prestige European tie nor a money-spinner.

(But I still want to play them - I'm just feart we're gonnae get beat.)

Playing away in july against any works team, might not be a money earner Doddie, but it just might get us through to a money spinner in the next round. We might get pumped, who knows, but next season, we will have a few players with european experience. And hopefully we will qualify again, strengthen, and do it again. Rather this, than no europe, and struggling in the bottom 6. Never had you down as the half empty pint pot Doddie.:boo hoo:

Sergey
08-05-2010, 01:24 PM

This was this years prize money.

UEFA Europa League 2009/2010:
1st qualifying round: 90.000 €
2nd qualifying round: 90.000 €
3rd qualifying round: 90.000 €
Playoffs: 90.000 €
Group stage: 1.000.000 €
Group match victory: 140.000 €
Group match draw: 70.000 €
1st knock out round: 200.000 €
2nd knock out round: 300.000 €
Quarter-finals: 400.000 €
Semi-finals: 700.000 €
Final: 2.000.000 €
Winning the final: 1.000.000 €

Dashing Bob S
08-05-2010, 01:31 PM

I fear the worst. The Jambos have bigger fish to fry than a Mickey Mouse Champions League. This can only mean that they are conserving their energies for an impending World War 3. With the Queen Mum's demise it'll be tougher than ever this time round, and even more will be asked of the threadbare Gorgie squad. Are they up to the task?

I only ask.

we are hibs
08-05-2010, 01:33 PM
champions league here hearts come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CANCELLED

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2010, 01:35 PM
I fear the worst. The Jambos have bigger fish to fry than a Mickey Mouse Champions League. This can only mean that they are conserving their energies for an impending World War 3. With the Queen Mum's demise it'll be tougher than ever this time round, and even more will be asked of the threadbare Gorgie squad. Are they up to the task?

I only ask.

:faf::faf: Thats absolutely fantastic. :top marks :faf:

Houchy
08-05-2010, 01:36 PM
This was this years prize money.

UEFA Europa League 2009/2010:
1st qualifying round: 90.000 €
2nd qualifying round: 90.000 €
3rd qualifying round: 90.000 €
Playoffs: 90.000 €
Group stage: 1.000.000 €
Group match victory: 140.000 €
Group match draw: 70.000 €
1st knock out round: 200.000 €
2nd knock out round: 300.000 €
Quarter-finals: 400.000 €
Semi-finals: 700.000 €
Final: 2.000.000 €
Winning the final: 1.000.000 €

Have you put in an extra "0" by mistake in the "group stage" as 90,000 to 1,000,000 is quite a jump (especially if you "only" get 1,000,000 for winning it).
Also, I know it aint happening but do both teams get 2,000,000 for getting to the final with the winner getting a 1,000,000 bonus?

--------
08-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Playing away in july against any works team, might not be a money earner Doddie, but it just might get us through to a money spinner in the next round. We might get pumped, who knows, but next season, we will have a few players with european experience. And hopefully we will qualify again, strengthen, and do it again. Rather this, than no europe, and struggling in the bottom 6. Never had you down as the half empty pint pot Doddie.:boo hoo:

I'm not a pint pot, bh.

I'm a jeroboam of vintage Veuve Cliquot. :devil:

But I'm in a bad mood.

My cage has been rattled.

I am not a happy bunny.

In fact, on the "happy bunny" scale of contentment, my present reading is "General Woundwort With A Bad Case Of Ulcerated Piles" - and falling. :devil:

So I will concede - you're absolutely right. I shall endeavour to possess my soul in patience. Things are not THAT bad.

HiBremian
08-05-2010, 01:44 PM

I only ask.

:agree:

Might this explain Mad Vlad's current Lend-Lease arrangments for the running of the PBS?

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2010, 01:48 PM
:agree:

Might this explain Mad Vlad's current Lend-Lease arrangments for the running of the PBS?

In a world war, does the price of aluminium not go through the roof?

--------
08-05-2010, 01:50 PM

It would explain the underground car-park.

The Fuehrer's bunker? :cool2:

Dashing Bob S
08-05-2010, 01:54 PM

I don't know about aluminium, but I've heard the asbestos suddenly becomes a precious commodity.

The stuff in the old Archie Leitch stand at Tynecastle, during a major war, could be expected to fetch what? (quick Yamathematical calculation...) oh, around £51 million.

I wonder what they would do with that sort of revenue?

Sergey
08-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Have you put in an extra "0" by mistake in the "group stage" as 90,000 to 1,000,000 is quite a jump (especially if you "only" get 1,000,000 for winning it).
Also, I know it aint happening but do both teams get 2,000,000 for getting to the final with the winner getting a 1,000,000 bonus?

If you think about it, 1,000,000 only equates to 200,000 per match as you've 5 matches to play.

And yes, the winner scoops the bonus, at least that's the way I understand it.

jonny
08-05-2010, 02:06 PM

This is right according to wikipedia. 90k for each qualifying round and 1m for reaching the group stages.
2m each for the finalists and then a further 1m for the winner.

Of course these monies are purely the prize funds put up by UEFA and don't incluse any TV revenue.

woody47
08-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I had one :asshole: at work saying he didn't care becuse they wouldn't have a team in July anyway.
One thing though, if we don't make Europe, these :asshole: have given us all the excuses we need for the reaon we are not bothered either. :devil:

Kaiser1962
08-05-2010, 02:39 PM

Oh for goodness sake HM. Vlad was JOKING when he said that. EVERYONE knows that.

It took him four years to tell anybody that he was only joking mind.........

Barney McGrew
08-05-2010, 04:20 PM
They'll be far to busy scouting at the World Cup for the stars Vlad promised them four years ago to be worrying about preparing for Europa League games.

PC Stamp
08-05-2010, 04:52 PM

Hate to say it but FJK said the very same thing right after they had won the derby last week. They don't want to go in to Europe at what was the Intertoto stage as most Scottish teams who do have failed to progress very far as a result of inadequate preparation time.

greenlex
08-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Hate to say it but FJK said the very same thing right after they had won the derby last week. They don't want to go in to Europe at what was the Intertoto stage as most Scottish teams who do have failed to progress very far as a result of inadequate preparation time.
Does anyone know at what stage Fulham went in this season?

Sir David Gray
08-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know at what stage Fulham went in this season?

They began in the third qualifying round, if we get into Europe by finishing 5th then we'll start in the second qualifying round.

greenlex
08-05-2010, 06:08 PM
They began in the third qualifying round, if we get into Europe by finishing 5th then we'll start in the second qualifying round.
:aok: Ta.

Irish_Steve
08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I thought they won it last year? :confused:

No, that was WW1

hibs7062footbal
08-05-2010, 10:40 PM
JUMP ON THE NUMBER 3 AND ESCAPE FROM THE DELUDED ONES :bye::bye:

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 08:53 AM
PFFFFT.

Every team in the league knows Hearts are nothing but arrogant tosspots, Blow there own trumpet about winning Champions Lg, even world cups FFS..yet they will tell you right now they have no interest in Europe? Utterly deluded.

I genuinly have always felt they are a strange breed growing up, from a different planet if you like,And the smell is far inferior to anything ive ever smelt before, Hibs have class, they have Romanov, Nuff said really.

Barney McGrew
09-05-2010, 08:59 AM
They'll be far to busy scouting at the World Cup for the stars Vlad promised them four years ago to be worrying about preparing for Europa League games.

Apparently I was wrong about that (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-will-look-to-lower.6282355.jp) :cool2:

The way forward according to FJK is to scour the lower leagues for signings.

World Cup Stars to lower division ladyboys in one easy step :greengrin

StevieC
09-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Apparently I was wrong about that (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-will-look-to-lower.6282355.jp) :cool2:

The way forward according to FJK is to scour the lower leagues for signings.

Here's a comment I liked ..
"Despite our finances Barr signing indicitive that we will still have the 3rd biggest budget for players salaries"

I dont think he understands that therein lies the problem.

:greengrin