PDA

View Full Version : Steven Fletcher

Winston Ingram
08-05-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page/LatestHeadlines/0,,10413~2044757,00.html

Got Burnley's players player of the year:thumbsup:

Excellent 1st season. I hope he stays in the Prem next year

Cocaine&Caviar
08-05-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't think there's much doubt he'll leave, he's Burnley's top earner, they need to reduce wages, and have a lot of forwards on the books, both Paterson and Nugent can score goals in that league, and Thompson has shown well recently.

Bolton seems the most likely fit, very highly rated by Coyle, a team that are demanding a change of style next season which Fletch is well suited, they're screaming out for a partner for Davies up front as Kalinic and Elmander aren't up for it, and Steven has shown he cam score goals in that league, spectacular ones at that.

seanraff07
08-05-2010, 10:30 AM
I think Fletcher is likely to go to Bolton.

If not then probably a team like Blackburn, maybe even Birmingham.

Infact any club that begins with a 'B'.:cool2:

Don Giovanni
08-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Had a peek on Burnley forums a couple of weeks back and their fans were putting a price on Fletchers heid, expecting him to move this summer (sounds familiar eh?).

Anyway, their demands ranged from £5Million - £10Million.

The lads done well in his first year and IMO if Burnley doubled thier money (£6-7million) I think it might suit all parties. Wouldnt be at all suprised if he ended up at the Reebok alongside Coyle again.

Hope Rod inserted a sell-on clause into the deal!

Bob Box Fish
08-05-2010, 10:58 AM
He proved a lot of people including myself wrong regarding him performing in the Premiership.

Hope he gets another move to the Premiership it will be good for the Scotland team if he is playing week in week out at that level.

Cocaine&Caviar
08-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Some of his goal celebrations have been rediculous this year though! :grr:

J-C
08-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Kevin Davies can't play forever( 33yrs now ) so Fletch could be seen as a natural replacement.

PeterboroHibee
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Well played to him. Thought he would do it in the Premiership, hes not a prolific goal scorer (not done bad though, Burnleys top scorer) but his link up play and holding the ball up are excellent, if only he could work on his right foot :).

In a slightly better team, where he will get more chances, think he could be a a really good signing for another Premiership club.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-05-2010, 12:19 PM
On the other hand he would not exactly fall off the radar if he stayed at Burnley in the Championship and could well get 20+ goals. Then he may well be courted by teams from the next level in the EPL above Bolton.

IWasThere2016
08-05-2010, 12:44 PM
He's done really well. Bolton will make a move for him IMHO

bob12345
08-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Anyone know if we have a sell on fee?

Kaiser1962
08-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Dont know if this has been posted yet but I noticed that Fletch was voted Player of The Year at Burnley. Well done and it proves that Hibs bring through players that can hack it (although they did get relegated!) at the highest level. I have a feeling that he will probably be moving up now and here's hoping he get's his move to Liverpool.

More power to Rod's elbow when he is next negotiating.....

Feed McGraw
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Good to see him doing so well.

Bishop Hibee
08-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Well done Fletcher :thumbsup:

Some on here thought he wasn't Hibs class :rolleyes:

OstKurve Hibs
08-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Hope a prem team buys him and keeps him in the premiership. He's done really well after a slow start.

stubru59
08-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Best of luck to the boy.

Being critical, though, had he put a away some of the more glaring chances that fell to him, Burnley might just have hung on to their Premier League status.

Westie1875
08-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Anyone know if we have a sell on fee?

A Burnley fan posted on another forum that the sell on fee is 25%?

If true then well done Rod! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2010, 05:02 PM
A Burnley fan posted on another forum that the sell on fee is 25%?

If true then well done Rod! :greengrin

I have no idea if thats true, but it would not surprise me if there is a sell on fee, what percentage is anyones guess?

NaeTechnoHibby
08-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Just like to say well done Steven Fletcher :thumbsup:

I was a doubter, I have to confess, but you have proved me wrong :agree:

Havnae seen much of him so I cannae comment on his performances, however, he's courting much bigger clubs and that's brill :notworthy:

Oh! Aye! he's been back to ER a couple of times, I think, this season :notworthy:

Winston Ingram
09-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Just like to say well done Steven Fletcher :thumbsup:

I was a doubter, I have to confess, but you have proved me wrong :agree:

Havnae seen much of him so I cannae comment on his performances, however, he's courting much bigger clubs and that's brill :notworthy:

Oh! Aye! he's been back to ER a couple of times, I think, this season :notworthy:

Me too:agree:

I thought his hold up play, decision making and his reluctance to use his right foot would really hinder him

Andy74
09-05-2010, 08:13 AM
He's making more effort this year. He didn't look like a top EPL striker here.

Brooster
09-05-2010, 08:18 AM
I would imagine there will be a sell on clause on the profit only.

HibbyAndy
09-05-2010, 08:35 AM
I would imagine there will be a sell on clause on the profit only.

:agree:

Id be stunned if there wasnt.

SF is a shoe-on to team up with Coyle at Bolton imo.

jpt11
09-05-2010, 08:52 AM
I think Fletcher is likely to go to Bolton.

If not then probably a team like Blackburn, maybe even Birmingham.

Infact any club that begins with a 'B'.:cool2:

Eh!? Blackpool? :greengrin

Barney McGrew
09-05-2010, 09:14 AM
SF is a shoe-on to team up with Coyle at Bolton imo.

I wouldn't rule out Wigan or Newcastle either

Baldy
09-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't rule out Wigan or Newcastle either

they don't start with a B though:greengrin

Kaiser1962
09-05-2010, 09:53 AM

Perhaps we weren't getting the best out of him Andy74, Always thought that SF had great ability and, if I recall, he had a wee purple patch under Collins, so maybe that style suited him.

bingo70
09-05-2010, 10:05 AM

Andy, agree with most things you say regarding hibs but still surprised by this view you've got of Fletcher.

He had a thankless task playing for a pish hibs team yet he was regularly tracking back into midfield, possibly too much as it left no-one up front, however that fault can't be attributed to lack of effort.

From memory, apologies if i'm wrong, but i remember this view of yours coming from the missed chances he had, mainly with his right foot, surely missed chances would indicate he was working hard to get into goal scoring positions, IMO he suffered badly due to a lack of confidence in front of goal but thats absolutely nothing to do with lack of effort.

tamig
09-05-2010, 02:40 PM
I reckon Fletcher will move to a bigger club than Bolton. I could see one of the top 8 clubs moving for him. I think he's highly rated by a lot of the top teams.

Hibernian Verse
09-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I reckon Fletcher will move to a bigger club than Bolton. I could see one of the top 8 clubs moving for him. I think he's highly rated by a lot of the top teams.

He should come back here to a top European team. Who are Burnley? Don't see them in Europe :greengrin

heretoday
09-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Well done Fletcher :thumbsup:

Some on here thought he wasn't Hibs class :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's why we sold him!

soupy
09-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Aye well done Fletch:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ian cruise
09-05-2010, 03:50 PM
just set up burnleys goal in spurs game, beautiful wee back heel.

boys a class player, always thought he would do well but he's done even better than i had imagined he would

Chuckie
09-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I think the current incumbent of the Number 9 jersey at Hibernian Football Club is better.

Scores with both feet and the goal stats don't lie.

marinello59
09-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I think the current incumbent of the Number 9 jersey at Hibernian Football Club is better.

Scores with both feet and the goal stats don't lie.

Are you just going to post on every thread ripping the guy who scored two goals for us today?

jgl07
09-05-2010, 04:01 PM
they don't start with a B though:greengrin
Yes they do.

******** Wigan and Bleedin' Newcastle!

zlatan
09-05-2010, 04:03 PM
He should come back here to a top European team. Who are Burnley? Don't see them in Europe :greengrin

They will be if Fulham win the Europa League.

Chuckie
09-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Are you just going to post on every thread ripping the guy who scored two goals for us today?

What's the matter with you sport ?

I'm not ripping anyone.

It's baaaaaaaaaanter.

Chill Winston.