PDA

View Full Version : Greatest game in SPL History......

MyJo
08-05-2010, 09:15 AM
according to Soccer AM :dunno:

TornadoHibby
08-05-2010, 09:17 AM
according to Soccer AM :dunno:

Saw that but thought that the "billing" was very much tongue in cheek! :wink:

Some of these Motherwell goals hurt to watch again! :confused: :cool2:

nonshinyfinish
08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Entertaining, yes, but for a high-scoring game to be 'great' in my mind then the majority of the goals need to stem from good attacking play, rather than defensive weaknesses. Obviously Motherwell fans will remember the comeback for a long time, but 'greatest game'?

Nah.

Hakim Sar
08-05-2010, 09:47 AM
2 defences with more holes than a golf course

not the greatest game

greenlex
08-05-2010, 05:50 PM
The games about scoring goals. Most goals scored in one game in SPL history, a missed penalty late on for an equaliser and a stunning equaliser well into stoppage time to complete a comback from 4 goals down and draw the game.
You bet it was the greatest game in SPL history.

NaeTechnoHibby
08-05-2010, 06:11 PM
You just got to laugh, as I do, as it was probably one of the most entertaining games oan Wednesday night :agree:
(Even though I switched everything oaf at 3-6 :bitchy:)

It meant everything to both teams and we gave it our best shot, as did they, and maybe....just maybe.... to see such open and expansive football is a novelty in the south :agree:

Yes we both have pish defences, but so do many of them, I doubt they have better ratio to league games better scorers......one for the stato's :greengrin

They can laugh all they want IMO :thumbsup:

They will still be up here scouting around for our "pish" league players again in the summer, I guess :greengrin

zlatan
08-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Oh come on it was a fantastic game for the neutral and should have been more than 6-6 if you take into account penalty claims and misses, posts hit and sitters missed. It made the front page of Gazzeta on Thursday and the link to the goals was one of the most posted links on Twitter the same day.

Awful for us fans but great short term publicity for the Scottish game.

PeterboroHibee
08-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh come on it was a fantastic game for the neutral and should have been more than 6-6 if you take into account penalty claims and misses, posts hit and sitters missed. It made the front page of Gazzeta on Thursday and the link to the goals was one of the most posted links on Twitter the same day.

Pretty much. Felt awful during/after it, and still a bit annoyed about it, but neutral fans were loving it.

Despite all the horrific defending it did have some individually good moments from both teams; one of our goals was through brilliant play, Nish got a hat trick, Jutkiewicz goal at the end was top class as well (as much as it hurts to say).

As much as it was poor by us, not bad to say Hibs were in the greatest game in SPL history :greengrin. At least its not getting said about some rubbish Old Firm game..

Jonnyboy
08-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Entertaining, yes, but for a high-scoring game to be 'great' in my mind then the majority of the goals need to stem from good attacking play, rather than defensive weaknesses. Obviously Motherwell fans will remember the comeback for a long time, but 'greatest game'?

Nah.

To be fair, most goals in most games stem from defensive errors

marinello59
08-05-2010, 08:04 PM

Is that you Alan Hansen? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
08-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Is that you Alan Hansen? :greengrin

:greengrin

Removed
08-05-2010, 08:11 PM

:agree:

And first thing Thursday morning I got calls from work contacts in both Amsterdam and Hong Kong where it had been on their news programmes

They were ripping the pish though

monktonharp
09-05-2010, 11:12 AM
If it had been Hibs,that got the injury time equilizer,the hibs shop would have this game on dvd,early next season.

hibs0666
09-05-2010, 11:15 AM
:agree:

And first thing Thursday morning I got calls from work contacts in both Amsterdam and Hong Kong where it had been on their news programmes

They were ripping the pish though

I got the same. That collapse was a total embarrassment at any level, never mind for a so-called professional football club.

Bayern Bru
09-05-2010, 11:21 AM
It probably has been made already with it being sent to primary schools, the message to the weans, play like this and you're out the team.

Or, play like this and you're a cert to start next week in our case?
:greengrin

Chuckie
09-05-2010, 01:04 PM
6-2 was better.

nonshinyfinish
09-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Not on the same scale - there were several howlers in this game.