PDA

View Full Version : NHC Madrid to bid for Messi.

Diclonius
07-05-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Real-Madrid-planning-record-breaking-120million-bid-for-Barcelona-star-Lionel-Messi-World-Exclusive-article417589.html

That club sickens me. :bitchy:

snooky
07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I take it the Benji deal is off then?

Jonnyboy
07-05-2010, 10:55 PM
I take it the Benji deal is off then?

:greengrin:devil:

Gala Foxes
07-05-2010, 11:08 PM
to be fair Messi is good but he is no Alex Cropley / Alex Edwards

Pete
07-05-2010, 11:38 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Real-Madrid-planning-record-breaking-120million-bid-for-Barcelona-star-Lionel-Messi-World-Exclusive-article417589.html

That club sickens me. :bitchy:

They sicken me also. I detest everything about La Liga and their top-heavy structure.

The boy has stated he is Barca through and through...yet this mob try and undermine them.

Give me the english prem every time....At least their TV deals are fair.

Woody1985
08-05-2010, 01:03 AM
The Barca fans would burn down the nou camp if they sold Messi to them.

I think I'm correct in saying that Figo transfer caused mayhem but I think even that will be different because he was signed. Messi is home grown and now one of the best players in the world.

It also shows how bitter their rivalry is that they would invoke the buy out clause to distract them just to try and stop them winning the CL at their ground. On that basis, you've got to admit, it's quite a smart move.

zlatan
08-05-2010, 01:07 AM
You do all realise it's a load of total piffle?

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-05-2010, 01:08 AM
I assume the outrage is cause they cannot actually afford the £120m transfer fee and and will just mean they will become more in debt by buying him. If the case, then they should not be able to buy Messi. :agree:

Tazio
08-05-2010, 01:09 AM
It also shows how bitter their rivalry is that they would invoke the buy out clause to distract them just to try and stop them winning the CL at their ground. On that basis, you've got to admit, it's quite a smart move.

It's unlikely that Barca will win the CL this year at the Bernabau. Impossible I'd say.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2010, 07:33 AM
It's unlikely that Barca will win the CL this year at the Bernabau. Impossible I'd say.

The original plan was to make the £120million offer - which is the buy-out figure written into Messi's contract - during the week of the Champions League final to detract from Barcelona playing in the Bernabeu.

seanraff07
08-05-2010, 07:40 AM
If Real Madrid were to sign Messi i think they would then end up the best club team in the world.

H18sry
08-05-2010, 07:44 AM
I heard Man City were going to bid for Mr Messi :wink:

And then bid for Mr Bump Mr Lazy and Mr Tickle :faf::faf:

Dunbar Hibee
08-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Mon the Real :greengrin would be class !

McD
08-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Even if:
a) Madrid could convince a bank to give them that kind of cash (as I'm sure Barca would demand to see the cash in full before allowing anything to be signed)

b) They didn't de-stabilise their current squad by doing this (can't see Ronaldo and his ego being happy with not being the top dog any more)

.....Messi is a self stated Barca die hard, Madrid would really have to go some to convince him to sign for them. By the spanish football regulations, Barcelona would have to accept the offer - Messi is under no obligation to even talk to Madrid if he doesn't want to.

Its the equivalent of Hearts putting in an offer for Pat Stanton when Hibs were about to play in a Champions League group stage, at Tynie, after winning a league and Scottish cup double the season before - ie, borne out of sheer jealousy, spite and desperate desire to put off bitter rivals.

hibsbollah
08-05-2010, 08:39 AM
If Real Madrid were to sign Messi i think they would then end up the best club team in the world.

I doubt it. Kaka, Benzema and Ronaldo all came this season and they failed in the champions league for the 8th season in a row. They've had the best team on paper in the world for years and years and never win. its great:greengrin

seanraff07
08-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I doubt it. Kaka, Benzema and Ronaldo all came this season and they failed in the champions league for the 8th season in a row. They've had the best team on paper in the world for years and years and never win. its great:greengrin

I think Messi is different though, none of the names you've stated above can dictate a game like Messi can, he is definitely the best player in the world IMO and by a fair bit aswell, i think if Real signed him it would make them that bit better than Barca, Barca are still that slight bit better than Real at the moment and i think Messi is making them that slight bit better than Real are at the moment.

FRes Hibbie
08-05-2010, 09:00 AM
I think Messi is different though, none of the names you've stated above can dictate a game like Messi can, he is definitely the best player in the world IMO and by a fair bit aswell, i think if Real signed him it would make them that bit better than Barca, Barca are still that slight bit better than Real at the moment and i think Messi is making them that slight bit better than Real are at the moment.

Messi doesn't dictate football matches, that's Xavi's job. Messi comes up with unbelievable moments of genius that end in goals. Same as Ronaldo. I think Real would continue to flatter to deceive if they signed him. Would be funny though, just for the sheer wideness of it! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
08-05-2010, 09:50 AM
:faf:

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Have they given up on benji?

NAE NOOKIE
08-05-2010, 10:41 AM
More chance of Benji being in the Real Madrid first team next year than Messi. It will never happen.

Having said that. I hope they do sign him, go bust, and bring the whole insane financial house of cards that is football crashing down.

When a club who are £35,000,000 in the red can pay players more than clubs who are all but in the black something has to be wrong.

PISTOL1875
08-05-2010, 10:42 AM
I heard Man City were going to bid for Mr Messi :wink:

And then bid for Mr Bump Mr Lazy and Mr Tickle :faf::faf:

If City finish in the Top 4 next season ,,, then they will bid for him...

H18sry
08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Have they given up on benji?

try post 2 :wink:

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2010, 10:57 AM
try post 2 :wink:

Oops.:greengrin Yogi's fault.

HibbyAndy
08-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Messi is unbuyable.

No amount of money Real Madrid bid would entice Barca to part with the greatest footballer in the world.

Sean1875
08-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Messi is unbuyable.

No amount of money Real Madrid bid would entice Barca to part with the greatest footballer in the world.
If Real offer 120 million they have to accept because of a clause in his contract. Whether Messi accepts or not though is another matter...

zlatan
08-05-2010, 11:18 AM
If Real offer 120 million they have to accept because of a clause in his contract. Whether Messi accepts or not though is another matter...

His buyout clause is €250m

Sean1875
08-05-2010, 11:23 AM
His buyout clause is €250m
Not according to that article

zlatan
08-05-2010, 11:46 AM
The article is a load of guff that will barely be whispered about in Spain, typical throwaway transfer story to fill a column or two.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/6206430/Lionel-Messi-signs-new-Barcelona-contract.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8184399.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/18/lionel-messi-barcelona-new-deal

Sean1875
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
The article is a load of guff that will barely be whispered about in Spain, typical throwaway transfer story to fill a column or two.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/6206430/Lionel-Messi-signs-new-Barcelona-contract.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/6206430/Lionel-Messi-signs-new-Barcelona-contract.html)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8184399.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8184399.stm)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/18/lionel-messi-barcelona-new-deal (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/18/lionel-messi-barcelona-new-deal)
well played. :greengrin

ScottB
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Messi is on record saying he never wants to leave, so it sounds like balls to me.

Barca plucked him from Argentina and paid for expensive growth hormone treatments that he needed. Literally without Barca Messi wouldn't be anything like the player he is, he knows that and will see them right I'm sure.

Wotherspiniesta
08-05-2010, 01:59 PM
If City finish in the Top 4 next season ,,, then they will bid for him...

Good luck to them :bye:

PISTOL1875
08-05-2010, 04:53 PM

Good luck to them :bye:

What is so funny about that ?? They will simply give Messi a blank chequebook and ask him to fill in the blanks...

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Wotherspiniesta
08-05-2010, 04:58 PM
What is so funny about that ?? They will simply give Messi a blank chequebook and ask him to fill in the blanks...

The thought of the best player in the world signing for a midtable English team.

PISTOL1875
08-05-2010, 05:16 PM
The thought of the best player in the world signing for a midtable English team.

The lowest we can finish is 6th.. Since when did that become mid-table ???

zlatan
08-05-2010, 06:12 PM
The lowest we can finish is 6th.. Since when did that become mid-table ???

We've already finished 5th mate, unless Hearts can turn around 11 goals tomorrow.

Hibs Class
08-05-2010, 07:01 PM
The Barca fans would burn down the nou camp if they sold Messi to them.

I think I'm correct in saying that Figo transfer caused mayhem but I think even that will be different because he was signed. Messi is home grown and now one of the best players in the world.

:agree: I remember watching a match between the two shortly after Figo moved, and when he went to take a corner somebody in the crowd threw a pig's head onto the pitch

Munson7
08-05-2010, 09:00 PM

And you think that will make him want to leave the club he said he'd never ever leave? He's already the highest paid footballer in the world and even for a million a week he wouldn't leave Barca.

Good luck with that one though. :wink:

Pretty Boy
08-05-2010, 09:07 PM

Not going to happen. Messi is already handsomely paid but more than that he literally owes his health and talent to Barcelona. He knows this, loves the club, loves the culture and loves the cause. More importantly still he just loves football.

Man City will happily pick up players motivated by money and will undoubtedly be successful to a degree with this approach. Players in the world who want to play football for the prestige as well as the money will always be drawn towards the worlds 'great' clubs such as Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and so on.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2010, 09:09 PM
:agree: I remember watching a match between the two shortly after Figo moved, and when he went to take a corner somebody in the crowd threw a pig's head onto the pitch

That was just steve fulton invading the park.

PISTOL1875
08-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Not going to happen. Messi is already handsomely paid but more than that he literally owes his health and talent to Barcelona. He knows this, loves the club, loves the culture and loves the cause. More importantly still he just loves football.

Man City will happily pick up players motivated by money and will undoubtedly be successful to a degree with this approach. Players in the world who want to play football for the prestige as well as the money will always be drawn towards the worlds 'great' clubs such as Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and so on.

STOP.. Read my posts.. I never at any point said he would leave Barcelona did I ?? I stated that IF City finished in the Top 4 then they would make a bid for him.. At no stage did I say that LM would sign for City did I ????

Pretty Boy
08-05-2010, 09:16 PM
STOP.. Read my posts.. I never at any point said he would leave Barcelona did I ?? I stated that IF City finished in the Top 4 then they would make a bid for him.. At no stage did I say that LM would sign for City did I ????

Easy tiger.

My mistake misread slightly.

Apologies.

Woody1985
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM

The original plan was to make the £120million offer - which is the buy-out figure written into Messi's contract - during the week of the Champions League final to detract from Barcelona playing in the Bernabeu.

Thank you. :greengrin