PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Game not on TV

seanraff07
07-05-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm going to the game anyway but they are showing...

Rangers v Motherwell on Sky Sports 3, fair enough.

Hearts v Celtic on ESPN, what the ****?

It must be the most meaningless game ever, but i suppose it's against the law not to show Celtic on TV when there away from home, no matter what the game actually means in terms of importance.:grr:

HibeeMcGinn1
07-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Hearts v Celtic on ESPN, what the ****?

Its Celtic of course theyr on tele :devil:

Moulin Yarns
08-05-2010, 07:48 AM
I heard they TV companies had to decide by Tuesday which games they were showing, maybe the logistics of setting up the miles of cables etc. and they must have thought Hertz would still be in the running.

Or it is an unwritten rule that any Old Firm team playing away from home MUST be on TV to satisfy their hordes of fans.

Forza Fred
08-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Apparently we're getting Killie v Falkirk on Setanta in OZ.:grr:

seanraff07
08-05-2010, 08:09 AM

Well that game is being shown on Sky Sports here in Scotland i think so theirs a good chance that it will be on Setanta where you are.

KWJ
08-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Motherwell huns, celtic hertz and falkirk Killie are all on the tv in Oz.

Can totally understand them showing Kille Falkirk really. Most exciting game in the SPL this weekend.

bobbyhibs1983
08-05-2010, 09:19 AM
wasn't there like a max amount of league games at home allowed on tv or something?
e.g 4 games at e.r on tv, 4 games on tv at killie etc?

Del Boy
08-05-2010, 10:03 AM

what's so bad about that?:confused: biggest game in Scotland this weekend.

Bayern Bru
08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Depressing as it is, the high heidyins at ESPN probably thought Hearts v Celtic would garner more viewers than Dundee Utd v Hibs.

You're forgetting the 400,000 Hearts fans, many of whom won't have been able to get tickets for this crucial match, and the many thousands of Celtic fans who haven't been able to fly over from Northern Ireland and who couldn't book a ferry.

It's perfectly understandable.

NaeTechnoHibby
08-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Depressing as it is, the high heidyins at ESPN probably thought Hearts v Celtic would garner more viewers than Dundee Utd v Hibs.

You're forgetting the 400,000 Hearts fans, many of whom won't have been able to get tickets for this crucial match, and the many thousands of Celtic fans who haven't been able to fly over from Northern Ireland and who couldn't book a ferry.

It's perfectly understandable.

Is that a woosh moment again :greengrin

Bayern Bru
08-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Is that a woosh moment again :greengrin

Just a reference to the numbers of Tic fans there. :greengrin